Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK at Peter Phillips' wedding even Prince Harry's then girlfriend was present as well as almost the entire extended royal family (minus Prince William who had a prior engagement, another wedding from a close friend) and the entire Phillips family including half-siblings etc ..
I can't see the future York weddings of Beatrice and Eugenie bringing any problems as far as who *can* attend: family of dad and of mum and their own friends...

But i *am* intrigued as to how this topic turned out to be a thread of 20+ pages :)

I can't think why William and Catherine wouldn't go they seem to be close to their cousins and I doubt it would be that hard to avoid Sarah if anyone really wants too. It really is just a matter of wait and see. It will also depend on how Sarah plays things if she is up doing interviews from day one etc then it may be a deciding factor. When would Sarah and The Queen be in the same room as each other since the divorce?

They will probably make it a private wedding and the whole family can attend in peace.

Last edited:
:previous: Private wedding?
Daddy Andrew won't like that he idea. He always gives the impression that his and his girl's royal status means a lot to him. And Fergie gives the impression that she thinks along the same lines.
I believe that everybody will just pull themselves together and make it a good feast.

Daddy Andrew won't like that he idea. He always gives the impression that his and his girl's royal status means a lot to him. And Fergie gives the impression that she thinks along the same lines.
I believe that everybody will just pull themselves together and make it a good feast.

Sick of this Daddy Andrew, Mummy Sarah crap about titles. Frankly Andrew and Sarah want what's best for their daughters. If Beatrice and Eugenie want a privat wedding, along the lines of their cousins, then that's perfectly acceptable and will suit both the family and the public.

Sick of this Daddy Andrew, Mummy Sarah crap about titles. Frankly Andrew and Sarah want what's best for their daughters. If Beatrice and Eugenie want a privat wedding, along the lines of their cousins, then that's perfectly acceptable and will suit both the family and the public.

Well said - I'm fed up with at the vitriolic crap as well.

The media will indeed make a good feast for themselves by picking the Yorks apart.

Last edited:
If it's true that Beatrice plans to marry Dave Clark, where do you suppose they'll have the wedding?

I think Andrew and Fergie will want Westminster Abbey, but the article in the Telegraph seems to think St. George's Chapel the most likely place.

Then there's the chapel at SJP. Or what about York Minster, since PA is Duke of York.
I know that's where the Duke of Kent married Katherine Worsley.

Anyone think St. Paul's Cathedral is a possibility?
For some reason, that is never mentioned as an option.

If it's true that Beatrice plans to marry Dave Clark, where do you suppose they'll have the wedding?
I would say either St George's Windsor or York Minster. Westminster Abbey and St Pauls, no way. state occasions only now. Beatrice and Eugenie. Are not senior enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why state occasions only?
I know lots of people marry at the Abbey, royal or not.

Why state occasions only?

I know lots of people marry at the Abbey, royal or not.

the Abbey is used by the BRf for major state functions and senior royal weddings and funerals. the York girls rank alongside Peter and Zara Philips so it will be low key. No senior politicians, no senior overseas royals, no troops, no parades, no disruption to the city. family wedding at St Georges, same as Peter and Autumn.

however, it is possible that the wedding could be in York Minster given their links with the city. In the same way that Zara got married in Edinburgh, given her mothers strong ties with Scotland.

Personally, I think the weddings will be at St George's Chapel at Windsor, with receptions at Frogmore, like Peter Philips. Whilst York may be a theoretical possibility, there are no royal homes nearby to host a reception.

The Abbey would be fine for just a wedding, but it would be hard to do it without all the hoopla. It's the ride to and from plus all the security that would make it impossible. It costs too much. I read that William and Kate wanted St Paul's but the gov't voted no because the security costs would be more (since it is a longer distance.)

I would think Windsor is the likely choice.

I agree on at George's ... Especially as royal lodge is at Windsor. Although the York minster is a nice homage to York. The same way that Freddie Windsor got married at Hampton Court in Kent.

Personally, I think the weddings will be at St George's Chapel at Windsor, with receptions at Frogmore, like Peter Philips. Whilst York may be a theoretical possibility, there are no royal homes nearby to host a reception.

Harewood House - the home of the Earls of Harewood - the people in the line of succession after Princess Alexandra's family is not far from York and would be suitable and a 'family' home of sorts - the previous Earl died last year and he was a first cousin of The Queen's. Beatrice was there last year to welcome the Olympic Torch to Harewood House at the end of its day's run in the relay.

I agree on at George's ... Especially as royal lodge is at Windsor. Although the York minster is a nice homage to York. The same way that Freddie Windsor got married at Hampton Court in Kent.

Hampton Court is not in Kent. It is in South West London near Richmond

Would a reception (after a ceremony at York Minster) have to be at a private home?
Why couldn't it be at a hotel or something similar?

I know the RF has hosted events at hotels in the past.

(For some reason I'd prefer any other option to St. George's; so many minor royals have been married there, Beatrice may want something different).

Last edited:
If they're having the wedding in York, it would have to be at a hotel as the RF has no private homes up here.
There is a thread for the weddings of Beatrice and Eugenie.

The royal family do have very close relatives - as close as the Gloucesters and Kents - with a home up there - the Harewoods. They are the descendents of George V through his daughter Princess Mary and their home is close to York.

I think St Georges would be the most likely. The Abbey and St Pauls are really for more senior royals. Frogmore was great for Peter Phillips or maybe the Queen might allow them to have the reception at the Palace. But it will be low key like Zara's and Peter's nothing like William's.

I think if a wedding is due to take place, it would be very fitting for the Beatrice & Dave to take their wedding to York and bring great cheer and happiness to the city. I just looked at the Duke & Duchess of Kent's wedding on YouTube. York Minster seems like a great place to put on another royal wedding.

The York girls are HRHs though, and Princesses, and daughters of a Royal Duke. Maybe they warrant something a bit more fancy.

ETA I posted this before I saw your response, Dman. I meant something more fancy than Zara's or Peter's. I'm not familiar with York Minster but will check it out; that might be a perfect place.

Edited again. Wow! What a fabulous Gothic Cathedral! Yep. York Minster has my vote. Is there any Royal residence nearby suitable for the reception?

Last edited:
Harewood House Leeds Yorkshire | Visit Harewood .
45 min away is Harewood House - still occupied by family

45 minutes isn't far to go from a church for a reception and the family that occupies it is related as the current Earl is the son of Queen Elizabeth's first cousin. So the current Earl is the same relationship to Beatrice as the Earl of St Andrew's or the Earl of Ulster - the child of a first cousin of her grandmother.

Last edited:
Ok, settled. Wedding at York Minster and reception at the Harewoods' place. :D

Lol, the imaginations are running wild.

I live in York guys, in normal traffic Harewood House from York Minister would be a good hour and a half depending upon what accidents have occurred on the M62.

Carlton Towers, residence of The Duke of Norfolks brother currently, is about a 20 minute drive from York Minster.

I also like the idea of a wedding in York Minster; hasn't been a royal wedding there since the Duke of Kent married Katherine Worsley.
It's such a magnificent cathedral (and I bet the Archbishop of York would be happy to conduct the ceremony).

Do you think she will wait till certain members of her family pass away before she gets married? If I was her I would find the whole thing too much trying to work out how she was going to have her mother and the royal family to her wedding. If they are absent it would be too obvious and her happy day would be shrouded in gossip and inuendo about how the royal family despise her mother. Would put me off marriage altogether. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom