Future York Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my point is, if QE or Princess Anne had paid for the wedding it negates the reason for the Bride and Groom to sell the rights. Certainly either QE/PA could have made the stipulation that the photos cant be sold. For what ever reason they chose not to. So the Bride and Groom sold the rights to cover the cost.
But we don't know that. We know they were paid to allow Hello to take exclusive pictures, but we don't know that Anne & Mark or HM didn't pay for the reception - unless you have a link to a statement from either?
Perfectly said, Kimebear! There is obviously a great deal going on that we do not know, and to expect Autumn's family to pay for such an event is quite unfair. Did Earl Spencer pay for Diana's wedding? Did Ronald Ferguson pay for Sarah's? Did Sophie's father pay for his daughter's wedding? I admit, Peter begin a grandson is different, but the public was excited and clamouring for a beautiful wedding--were we not all posting for months about which tiara she would wear? It is unreasonable to expect a family that is not wealthy to pay for such an expensive affair. I have to say that I am disappointed in Anne and I do think that the York girls will have wonderfully extravagant weddings; it will be nice to see, but I cringe when I think about what Bea will wear.
The weddings you mentioned were to full blown princes, children of the monarch.

The public here don't seem to have been excited, just folk on the royalty boards, like this one. I shouldn't think that many were on here even.:flowers:

after reading some of the posts something ocurred to me. where would the greatest expense have come from? they wouldn't have had to pay for a "reception hall" as they used frogmore. they wouldn't have had to hire cars as the vehicles they used belonged to HM if i'm not mistaken. the biggest expense would have been the wedding gown and bridal party dresses and flowers correct? perhaps they were a gift from anne? it's not like a wedding for one of us where we would have had to hire or buy everything.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was excited to see Peter and Autumn marry and I will be even more excited to see two royal princesses marry in the future. Most likely the only people that are excited about any royal wedding are the ones that follow royalty in the first place. Regardless of the relationship of the newlyweds to the monarch.

I'm with you Janet. Beatrice doesn't often pick flattering clothes. Maybe she will show us all by wearing a stunning and becoming wedding dress. Wouldn't that be wonderful!:flowers:

Too young! Too young! Too young!
(Insert "La La" icon here!)

May 18th Daily Mail " The family of the bride was unable to pay the cost of the lavish ceremony and Princess Anne is said to have been unwilling to foot the E50,000 bill"

My guess is, that a lot of the Princess Royal's money is tied up in trust, and land and equipment, like most farmers. (So it's quite easy to be "rich" but not have cash readily available.) And she probably spends quite a lot of money on her sporting interests, hosting events at Gatcombe, charity, Zara's riding, etc.

In Peter and Autumn's case, I would expect the major expenses to be flowers, food and drink, and staff. Her dress, while out of my budget!, was allegedly between 2,000 and 5,000 pounds, not exorbitant for a royal bride. I'm sure P&A didn't put on a tacky cash bar for their guests (I hate it when that happens!).

Last edited:
I'm sure P&A didn't put on a tacky cash bar for their guests (I hate it when that happens!).
Me too! For our second wedding, Mr. Russo and I popped down to Cali. cuz the booze is cheaper and we had an open bar. Very successful, I might add! And we had lots left over so we got a LOT of invites to other parties after that! :D
Does anybody know if HM or anyone of the RF has any lands they grow wine or beer (hops) or manufacture spirits so in the future to off-set these costs? Alcohol is a chunk of change in a wedding!

Her dress, while out of my budget!, was allegedly between 2,000 and 5,000 pounds, not exorbitant for a royal bride. I'm sure P&A didn't put on a tacky cash bar for their guests (I hate it when that happens!).
Her dress was not the most expensive, considering prices here.

What is a cash bar? :ermm:

Does anybody know if HM or anyone of the RF has any lands they grow wine or beer (hops) or manufacture spirits so in the future to off-set these costs?
HM need look no further than her eldest son. At least some of the bar could be stocked with Duchy Originals - see here.

Yes, it is tacky to come to a wedding, bring a nice gift, and then get stuck with a cash bar and rubber chicken. YUCK.

HM need look no further than her eldest son. At least some of the bar could be stocked with Duchy Originals - see here.
Very nice indeed!

Yes Sky and Janet, I agree We didn't want to be viewed as tacky and we wanted everyone to have a good time so we had an open bar and a kick-arse band that played. we also had Mr. Russo's alma mater college marching band there so it was a fun time! The people who didn't attend were told about it and everybody talked about it for months!
This was how to get men to a wedding!! :D

I tend to agree with what has been previously said here - the York girls are likely to have quite large weddings, and unfortunately, there is a very strong possibility the photo rights may be sold. It is said that Andrew has always (wrongly in my opinion) pushed to get his daughters the status that he thinks they deserve, but they are going to have to realise that they are minor royals, and they have no real public duties. If there is a degree of tabloid interest in the lives of the York girls, it is no different from the interest in the lives of C list celebs like Paris Hilton!

I think the time has probably come for the Queen to lay down some ground rules in relation to her grand children's commercial dealings, especially with the press. This may mean that HM may need to agree to subsidise the weddings of her grandchildren (perhaps limiting it to hosting and paying for a wedding reception) but Hello type deals need to stop. This is especially key for royals with titles (the York girls!).

As regards the Phillips wedding, I wonder how Princess Anne allowed something like this to go ahead. For somebody who took such a dim view of the antics of Charles/Diana and Andrew/Fergie, to allow her own children to drag the royal family through the pages of Hello is simply a contradiction in terms. She certainly isn't short of a bob or two, and could well have paid for the wedding and put her foot down on the issue of media deals.

Would love to hear your thoughts on these issues.

Last edited:
If there is a degree of tabloid interest in the lives of the York girls, it is no different from the interest in the lives of C list celebs like Paris Hilton!
Celebs - whether they be heiresses, actresses, models, singers or just girls who like to be seen at parties - are basically a dime a dozen. I'm not lumping them all into the category of the ridiculous Paris Hilton, and some have true talent and remain focused on their work rather than the "happening" club and are worthy or admiration and respect.

However, royalty is a cateogry unto itself. I'm not saying some of the younger royals don't sometimes behave like celebs, but the fact is they're not. And while alot of people don't know anything about royalty and don't care to, there are those that do. I think the York girls and their cousins garner a different kind of interest than someone like Paris Hilton mainly because they are royal. Paris Hilton may Think she's a princess, she may have been raised like one, but B & E are For Real. And who's to say that as they get older and more mature, they won't step up as assets to the BRF.

I agree HM needs to set precedents regarding her grandchildren and the media. Peter Philips was the first of the grandchildren to marry and was perhaps the "guinea pig" of what to do and not to do. The others have more a guideline based on his mistakes.

Yes, it is tacky to come to a wedding, bring a nice gift, and then get stuck with a cash bar and rubber chicken. YUCK.
I would never have an open bar at a wedding or any function I hosted. Too many people abuse alcohol and I'm not going to end up responsible for someone getting messed up, in an accident where they're killed/maimed or where they kill/maim someone else. No way. If you want to drink, you pay for it yourself.

I tend to agree with what has been previously said here - the York girls are likely to have quite large weddings, and unfortunately, there is a very strong possibility the photo rights may be sold. It is said that Andrew has always (wrongly in my opinion) pushed to get his daughters the status that he thinks they deserve, but they are going to have to realise that they are minor royals, and they have no real public duties. If there is a degree of tabloid interest in the lives of the York girls, it is no different from the interest in the lives of C list celebs like Paris Hilton!

In time Beatrice and Eugenie will be no different in royal position than the Kents or the Gloucesters who, during their lives as members of the royal family, have provided years of dedicated public service. I would not so easily dismiss the possibility of them carrying out "real public duties".

Yes, it is cheap... and it may come as a shock to your guests. (Of course, I have so many alcoholic relatives I'd be better off to nix the liquor at my nuptials, if any!!).

In time Beatrice and Eugenie will be no different in royal position than the Kents or the Gloucesters who, during their lives as members of the royal family, have provided years of dedicated public service. I would not so easily dismiss the possibility of them carrying out "real public duties".
I would like to think in times of a "slimmed down" monarchy under Charles, the focus really will be on William and Harry and their respective families. The Yorks and Wessex's will have to work very hard to prove that they are committed to the charitable causes they support. You will also see them gradually dissappear from events like the traditional Buck House balcony outings

I agree with muriel. I thought that BP had a plan where Andrew and Beatrice will continue to represent the family, but they were planning to nip off Eugenie and the Wessexes eventually. It sounded to me rather like the scaled-down Norwegian family, especially after Charles succeeds to the throne.

I agree with muriel. I thought that BP had a plan where Andrew and Beatrice will continue to represent the family, but they were planning to nip off Eugenie and the Wessexes eventually. It sounded to me rather like the scaled-down Norwegian family, especially after Charles succeeds to the throne.
I can't see Andrew being happy with the inclusion of Beatrice but the exclusion of Eugenie. :flowers: I also don't see the family on the balcony slimmed down to exclude them.

Who goes out on the BP balcony would depend upon the situation. Even today you occasionally see the Linleys, the Chattos, the Gloucesters, Kents and P Michael's family. In the future, for big events, you'd probably see the Yorks and the Wessex's. Pss Anne and her family are a rare sight even now so who knows about the future. Most of the time, however, I agree it will probably be Charles & Camilla, Wm & his family, Harry & his family. Maybe Camilla's children with their families as well.

I can't see Andrew being happy with the inclusion of Beatrice but the exclusion of Eugenie. :flowers: I also don't see the family on the balcony slimmed down to exclude them.
Thats an easy one to resolve. Exclude Beatrice as well!

Last edited:
For a while now the royals have taken freebies and sponsorships so it would make me think that when Beatrice and Eugenie walk down the aisle as blushing brides that they will have no worries since Weight Watchers will provide the low carb canapes and there will be lots of Ocean Spray for everyone to drink at the reception.

And it will be served all on special autographed "Sarah's Garden" Wedgewood China. Crates and crates of that stuff somewhere in a warehouse.

Oh, and as long as Prince William and Prince Harry are unmarried and without legitimate children the girls have a substantial responsibility to the Crown.

Why the two York princesses, especially, Pinkie40?

They're both still students, after all, and from what I've read, both intend to eventually pursue careers when their student days are over.

What are they doing which is so irresponsible for young women their ages? Or do I misread you?:)

As has been pointed out, I suspect the girls will end up having big royal weddings, probably at St George's. As to financing, I do think the time has come to set some ground rules - the Queen / Charles will either have to agree to pay for the reception, or risk more Hello style deals. I can't see Andrew dig in!

I am honestly amazed at some of the comments about Beatrice and Eugenie. You would think they are in their 30's and haven't done anything for Great Britian.

Fact is...
1) they are what...20 and 19? Still in college/finding themselves? Give them to at least 25 before we write them off as total failures. Yes, if they are costing the taxpayer money...then they need to start paying it back. But give it a little time.
2) I think they will step up their game so to speak and start doing more public engagements. Wasn't the same said about William and Harry?
3) If and when Charles becomes King (not to disregard Charles but anything can happen. Think of Frederick, Prince of Wales and George III and The Black Prince and I believe Edward II or III) yes he will scale down the royal family...but I think you have a better chance of seeing Beatrice and Eugenie on the balcony than Tom and Laura. Do you think he will disregard the fact that his neices and nephews are grandchildren to a monarch? I don't think so. His scaling back will more likely impact the Kents and Gloucesters than his siblings and their childern.
3) And I don't blame Andrew for fighting for his daughters, he is a Prince isn't he...an according to the Letters..they are Princesses. Just like Anne and Edward had a right to determine that their children would or wouldn't not have titles and what kind.
4) Again, Beatrice and Eugenie are the grand daughters of the Queen and Princess of the Royal Blood...so I expect they will have grand weddings as well. Nothing like Westminister or St. Pauls but yes...St. George's..something along those lines. And I don't think it will be paid tabloid affair. If Charles is King...he will make sure its paid some how. He is very conscious about the role of the monarchy and the perception that the public has for it.

Very nice and relevant points. I just wish that we would quit seeing Bea (as well as her mother) leaving clubs at all hours looking intoxicated. It seems Bea is more interested in celebrity than her heritage. JMHO

Very nice and relevant points. I just wish that we would quit seeing Bea (as well as her mother) leaving clubs at all hours looking intoxicated. It seems Bea is more interested in celebrity than her heritage. JMHO
Quite right, jcbcode99. The only pictures you see of Bea are as she falls out of a nighclub, or is seen going to a celebrity party, or worse still, in some magazine like Tatler. Hardly engaging, is it!

That said, I do agree that they are perhaps being judged a bit harshly by the press. They are still very young. My bigger point is that I do not really believe there really is much room for 2 further working royals. It will be difficult enough finding meaningful and "full" roles for Will, Harry, their wives, Andrew and Edward & Sophie. The next generation are just too far from the throne, and IMO they should stop using their titles and focus on building independent lives for themselves. They can show up at Sandringham at Xmas, and Ascot, but I guess thats probably about it. They should be looking to Peter and Zara as role models (current Hello deal excepted!) in building non-royal lives for themselves - hopefully Sarah will be sensible in instilling this in the girls.

Quite right, jcbcode99. The only pictures you see of Bea are as she falls out of a nighclub, or is seen going to a celebrity party, or worse still, in some magazine like Tatler. Hardly engaging, is it!

That said, I do agree that they are perhaps being judged a bit harshly by the press. They are still very young. My bigger point is that I do not really believe there really is much room for 2 further working royals. It will be difficult enough finding meaningful and "full" roles for Will, Harry, their wives, Andrew and Edward & Sophie. The next generation are just too far from the throne, and IMO they should stop using their titles and focus on building independent lives for themselves. They can show up at Sandringham at Xmas, and Ascot, but I guess thats probably about it. They should be looking to Peter and Zara as role models (current Hello deal excepted!) in building non-royal lives for themselves - hopefully Sarah will be sensible in instilling this in the girls.

They are partying and hanging out because they are teenagers (and honestly its more Beatrice than Eugenie) ..its what most teenagers do hang out. Charles and Andrew did the same but the press and the celebrity like atomsphere was different. Think of this way...any time people like Paris Hilton, Jordan, Jade Goody, Nicole Ritchie (not to slight them) can become famous because of nothing....and they get tons of attention...why should we expect people who really are famous not to get the same if not more attention. And yes, I do agree because they are in a different position they should act a different way and more is expected of them...but the fact remains is that they are in teenagers who are the granddaughters of the Queen. Hopefully they will grow out of it or at least make better decisions on where and who to party with.

In regards to the charity....I am puzzled why you consider Andrew, Edward and Sophie with Wills and Harry. No one lives ever and based upon the engagements that the royal family does...if the Queen, Prince Phillip, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, the Kents and the Gloucesters are no longer with us....are you sayign that Charles, Camilla, Wililam, Harry and their wives will do all of the work. That's not reasonable. Minor royals have always (at least since the days of Queen Mary's mother) some type of chairty work. I expect if Beatrice and Euguenie are going to contine to live off the government so to speak...they will have to earn their keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom