Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can say to me where can i see the weeding?

Watch the Wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank LIVE this Friday, 12th October, 2018. The service will be live streamed from St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, on The Duke of York’s official YouTube channel from 10am BST on Friday: http://www.youtube.com/thedukeofyork #RoyalWedding

LaRae

The York family have generated substantial amounts of negative attention for a long time now, for many many different reasons. A low key, non public wedding could have been a unique opportunity to show the family in a more positive light.

Being a princess shouldn't mean wanting attention or publicity or trying to outdo your other relatives with a better wedding. Edward and Sophie (non working royals at the time) are a perfect example of how minor royals can do a wedding.

Last edited:
I love that Harry wears a wedding ring but I also don't think it means anything one way or another. Not everyone is a jewelry person.

The order of service was nice read. Looks to be a lovely service. Interesting that Sarah will walk in with Beatrice. I am curious how the little bridal party will work now. Are the mothers walking in with them again like they did for the Sussex wedding?

Do you know the link to the order of service ?

The York family have generated substantial amounts of negative attention for a long time now, for many many different reasons. A low key, non public wedding could have been a unique opportunity to show the family in a more positive light.

Being a princess shouldn't mean wanting attention or publicity or trying to outdo your other relatives with a better wedding. Edward and Sophie (non working royals at the time) are a perfect example of how minor royals can do a wedding.
I don't think that Eugenie and Jack's wedding has substantially more bells and whistles that Edward and Sophie's.

Edward and Sophie (non working royals at the time) are a perfect example of how minor royals can do a wedding.

You do know that Eugenie and Jacks's wedding is more identical to Edward and Sophie's than Harry and Meghan's. Also, there's the fact that the union in '99 had more coverage, so I guess they are following their example really well .

And who exactly wants attention or publicity or is trying to outdo their other relatives with a better wedding?

Eugenie is an HRH and grandchild of The Queen. She’s deserves every bit of this wedding. Nothing about it is inappropriate.

As has been pointed out, even ‘normal’ Zara, who’s not actually normal with her granny being The Queen, her wedding wasn’t exactly a registry office affair.

There’s always costs involved with royal events and it falls to the state to pay the cost.

Actually, as I see it, its the media and the public that's doing all the comparisons and putting slants on this wedding with gripes and moans and generally making tsunamis in a teacup.

Eugenie and Jack are getting married in a wedding ceremony that will mean something to them. They've tailored the wedding to be exactly how they want it to be, invited whom they want to invite and are making the day memorable for themselves and their friends and family. They are not using this wedding as a PR stunt, a photo op or put any kind of "light" on the family or trying to outdo or outshine or top anyone else.

I'm just going to enjoy the wedding for what it is. A happy occasion that includes a lot of my favorite royal family. I'm sure all of those in attendance in St. George's Chapel will do likewise. :D

It’s the same liturgy as the Cambridge used. It’s very beautiful and reverent.

“I REQUIRE and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgement when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured that so many as are coupled together otherwise than God’s word doth allow are not joined together by God; neither is their Matrimony lawful”

If I remember correctly, Catherine did promise to 'obey' - which is not included in Eugenie's vows.

And who exactly wants attention or publicity or is trying to outdo their other relatives with a better wedding?

Prince Andrew wanted the wedding broadcast on the BBC, and the wedding celebrations will last two days, twice as long as H&M.

Prince Andrew wanted the wedding broadcast on the BBC, and the wedding celebrations will last two days, twice as long as H&M.

And did he state he wanted that for attention, publicity, and to outdo other weddings?

So? What is your point? Its the way the bride and groom want their wedding weekend to be like. They're entitled to the celebrations of their choice. ;)

I love that Harry wears a wedding ring but I also don't think it means anything one way or another. Not everyone is a jewelry person.

The order of service was nice read. Looks to be a lovely service. Interesting that Sarah will walk in with Beatrice. I am curious how the little bridal party will work now. Are the mothers walking in with them again like they did for the Sussex wedding?

Well, there are two 'special attendants' who should be able to take on that task. I am not such a fan of the mothers trying to handle them. In general, I didn't like how the children had such a small role in the Sussex wedding: their mothers walked them into the church. They somewhat joined the bride for her entry in the church (but only when she already was in the church) and walked the couple to the front door again. Only the twins had a proper role and George and Charlotte were at least allowed to join the couple on the stairs (but didn't walk with the other children when walking out - instead joining their parents). Hopefully, this time the bridal party gets a proper role.

I hated the one used at Harry's wedding as it sounded too casual in such holy surroundings. So glad E is using the traditional liturgy which is solemn and beautiful but I didn't expect her to go with that other version anyway.
I didn't like that version either . It sounded way too casual . Hi we're Harry and Meghan and we're sooo cool and modern . It just didn't fit the place they were getting married at .

Would the couple's upcoming wedding have been viewed more positively if it was more low key and entirely privately funded, including security?
No , then people would complain about all the secrecy and how evil Charles/Camilla are trying to hide the poor York girls and how they deserve a big wedding .

Is Charles Brooksbank Jack's uncle, maybe godfather too?

Last edited:
Wedding for TV viewing

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I would like to know if TV coverage of the wedding is available in the United States. We have Direct tv and can get most channels. What channel...time? Can anyone help?
Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator:
And did he state he wanted that for attention, publicity, and to outdo other weddings?

Not quite, I believe the reason for wanting the wedding televised is purely for publicity and to be seen as being as important as the Cambridge and Sussex weddings were.

This, together with a two day long wedding celebration, the involvement of the Scots Guards based solely on the link of Jack's great grandfather being in the regiment, fairground rides, insistance on a carriage procession, and a very large number of celebrities in attendance or even performing would, IMO, point to a very big effort to be in the limelight.

I'm not sure if it was Eugenie or Beatrice who was exposed a while back as earning £19k a year for working at a technology company, but one would expect someone who has actually worked in a low paid job in the real world like many of us have done, to have a better understanding and appreciation of the huge expense involved in the whole two days.

Last edited:
So excited for the wedding! My alarm is set for 4 a.m. here on the east coast of the USA.

Not quite, I believe the reason for wanting the wedding televised is purely for publicity and to be seen as being as important as the Cambridge and Sussex weddings were.

This, together with a two day long wedding celebration, the involvement of the Scots Guards based solely on the link of Jack's great grandfather being in the regiment, fairground rides and a very large number of celebrities in attendance or even performing would, IMO, point to a very big effort to be in the limelight. I'm not sure if it was Eugenie or Beatrice who was exposed a while back as earning £19k a year for working at a technology company, but one would expect someone who has actually worked in a low paid job in the real world like many of us have done, to have a better understanding and appreciation of the huge expense involved in the whole two days.
You're entitled to your opinion but I believe her proud parents & grandparents simply want to give her a proper wedding & proper royal weddings involve money and publicity. No ulterior motives.

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I would like to know if TV coverage of the wedding is available in the United States.
We have Direct tv and can get most channels.

What channel...time?

Can anyone help?
Thank you...

I am compiling a list for the information thread, this is the info for the US:

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I would like to know if TV coverage of the wedding is available in the United States. We have Direct tv and can get most channels. What channel...time? Can anyone help?
Thank you...
TLC will broadcast it live starting at 3:30 a.m. Central Time and will rebroadcast it at 6:30 a.m. You can also watch it live on the Duke of York's YouTube channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

This, together with a two day long wedding celebration, the involvement of the Scots Guards based solely on the link of Jack's great grandfather being in the regiment, fairground rides, insistance on a carriage procession, and a very large number of celebrities in attendance or even performing would, IMO, point to a very big effort to be in the limelight.

I'm not sure if it was Eugenie or Beatrice who was exposed a while back as earning £19k a year for working at a technology company, but one would expect someone who has actually worked in a low paid job in the real world like many of us have done, to have a better understanding and appreciation of the huge expense involved in the whole two days.

She is not getting married at Westminster Abbey nor taking a long carriage ride like the Sussexes, so I don't see how it can be construed as trying to be as important as the Wales boys. Eugenie doesn't strike me at all as someone who would try to do so. She is, however, a princess and as such a royal wedding is to be expected.

The second day is private party and therefore completely irrelevant - other than that their foreign guests willmost likely appreciate another opportunity to spend some time with the couple - as Eugenie herself experienced at many of their weddings.

Again, it would be very unkind to forbid friends of the couple and family to attend just because they happen to be famous. And imo it is really thoughtful to include some references to Jack's family. Most details already point to the bride and her family, so well done to include the Scots Guards as well.

Jack's great-grandfather & namesake was also an equerry and favorite of Queen Mary's so this might also be a nod to his connection to the royal family.

Who is "Mr Peter Roper-Curzon, a member of the Bride’s family"? Is he a maternal family member - who will play the organ (next to the St George's organists)?

He is both family and a bit if a well known organist. He is the son of the 20th Baron Teynham. His maternal grandmother Patricia was born Patricua Montagu Scott. She was the sister of Sarah's grandmother Marian. Patricia was countess of Dundee by her third marriage. Peters mother was her daughter from her second marriage. Their father Herbert was the uncle of Princess Alice.

He won some music competitions. And seems to have performed at a few upper class weddings.

Last edited:
Once again, this is not about the Cambridge or Sussex weddings. Nor is it about the jobs Beatrice and Eugenie have held. Let’s stick to the topic, please.

It's the morning of the wedding in Windsor! How is the weather? I am seeing different predictions depending on the website!

It's the morning of the wedding in Windsor! How is the weather? I am seeing different predictions depending on the website!

Lol! It's 3am in London! I suspect many of our British posters are fast asleep....but

It's 8 hours until we see Princess Eugenie.

This wedding is special as it's the first Royal Princess from the UK that is getting married in my lifetime. Princess Anne was married 4 years before I was born.

She is not getting married at Westminster Abbey nor taking a long carriage ride like the Sussexes, so I don't see how it can be construed as trying to be as important as the Wales boys. Eugenie doesn't strike me at all as someone who would try to do so. She is, however, a princess and as such a royal wedding is to be expected.

The second day is private party and therefore completely irrelevant - other than that their foreign guests willmost likely appreciate another opportunity to spend some time with the couple - as Eugenie herself experienced at many of their weddings.

Again, it would be very unkind to forbid friends of the couple and family to attend just because they happen to be famous. And imo it is really thoughtful to include some references to Jack's family. Most details already point to the bride and her family, so well done to include the Scots Guards as well.

A Princess who is in-line to become a Counsellor of State under Charles' reign, as it appears Beatrice has made NYC her home, indefinitely. I mean, Edward was 7th in-line, with no plans to be a working royal, when he had his St. George's wedding. So 9th in-line Eugenie, who could be a CoS in her future, getting a similar wedding to Edward, really isn't all that surprising.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom