Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my understanding with the Sussexes, yes, and I would expect that the Cambridges had something similar. Much more discreet that way.

I believe both Cambridges and Sussexes asked for donations to charity. It's a bad look when the public has to chip in for your wedding as well. I'm sure Cambridges and Sussexes still received gifts from their nearest and dearest, but most of it did go to charity.

The registry being reported on is not available to the public, the registry information was sent to invited guests. We know about Eugenie and Jack's registry because information about the registry was leaked to the public as was the information about the registry that the Sussexes had.

Last edited:
The registry being reported on is not available to the public, the registry information was sent to invited guests. We know about Eugenie and Jack's registry because information about the registry was leaked to the public as was the information about the registry that the Sussexes had.

Sussex's registry was not on the invitation for all the guests. They asked guests to donate to the charities. That was not made available for everyone, and items were so limited that only a small number of people would have the opportunity to buy something. Not enough for 600. And certainly didn't tell people to send presents to KP. I haven't read the entire article, but I'm assuming if it's on the invitation, it's an extensive list.

Last edited:
The Countdown is On:
The Royal Family’s YouTube Live-Stream Link- Royal Wedding-

both Cambridges and Sussexes asked for donations to charity.

Both couples are working members of the BRF, this couple are not, and will not..
It is absolutely usual and acceptable that ANY young couple [be they ever so 'well heeled'] should 'have a list' for their Wedding.

Suggesting otherwise is merely an attempt to 'make mischief'...

Last edited:
The Press however have already pointed out the contrast with the other couples, and I agree with another poster upthread that this isn't very good optics, especially when criticisms about costs have been made.

Both couples are working members of the BRF, this couple are not, and will not..
it is absolutely usual and acceptable that ANY young couple [be they ever so 'well heeled'] should 'have a list' for their Wedding.

Suggesting otherwise is merely an attempt to 'make mischief'...

If they didn't choose to make this a royal wedding and done in a way that'll cost millions to the public, that'd be different. But that's not what they chose.

But isn't security a government issue? Was it solely the decision of the couple to have this public carriage ride?

While it was the idea of the Cambridges and Sussexes not to accept wedding gifts, I don't hold it against Eugenie and Jack that they choose differently.

Last edited:
I believe both Cambridges and Sussexes asked for donations to charity. It's a bad look when the public has to chip in for your wedding as well. I'm sure Cambridges and Sussexes still received gifts from their nearest and dearest, but most of it did go to charity.

The Cambridges and Sussexes also had a registry, so I'm not sure why it's a big deal that Eugenie and Jack registered for gifts.

Prince Philip had an engagement at Windsor Castle yesterday, so I think it's safe to say that he will show up for the wedding.

Last edited:
To me it's normal that guests at a wedding give gifts to the bride and groom.

Last edited:
While it was the idea of the Cambridges and Sussexes not to accept wedding gifts, I don't hold it against Eugenie and Jack that they choose differently.

Neither do I.

But, I will hold it against them, if they do the tacky thing and sell pictures to Hello! or People.

Can anyone tell me what time the wedding will take place? I'm not sure if I've missed the wedding program or if they haven't sent one out. I'll be at work so need an idea when to pop on line and see bits of the wedding :)

Sussex's registry was not on the invitation for all the guests. They asked guests to donate to the charities. That was not made available for everyone, and items were so limited that only a small number of people would have the opportunity to buy something. Not enough for 600. And certainly didn't tell people to send presents to KP. I haven't read the entire article, but I'm assuming if it's on the invitation, it's an extensive list.
Registry info was not on Eugenie and Jack's wedding invitations either. The soon-to-be Sussexes put out a statement in April that had the following, "The couple have therefore asked that anyone who might wish to mark the occasion considers making a donation to charity, rather than sending a wedding gift." Then a month later, the Sunday Times revealed what quite a few media outlets referred to as a "secret" wedding registry that was set up with Soho House. Personally I do not think that's a big deal but if I was going to give anyone the side-eye over their registry tactics it would be the Sussexes.

Last edited:
I've been to many weddings (more than 30 if I count correctly; massive, but my parents always had too many friends/big family), and we've always given the bride and groom a gift. What changed through the years was the type of gift, before it was things that the couple needed for their new home, but nowadays the gift is money since it's more practical. I don't know about the UK, but I see nothing wrong with Eugenie and Jack receiving gifts from the guests, for me it's a normal thing to do.

Glad my time zone matches with the UK, I'm gonna watch the wedding, hopefully, on TV.

Not the best example as Zara had Lena more than 4 weeks after the Sussex wedding. If Pippa was more than 4 weeks away, I think she would attend. If she is indeed about to give birth any day, which we don't know since she never gave a due date, then I would call it pulling a Madeleine.

Zara gave birth 4 weeks later but was 8 1/2 months pregnant according to Mike. So at that time she expected to give birth earlier...

Another big difference is that in Zara's case it was her cousin while Pippa is just a friend or acquaintance of the bride. And in Madeleine's case it was her brother, so I wouldn't expect someone to go to the same length for a not-too-close friend compared to a close relative.

I've set my alarm for the wedding tomorrow - I have a free day so I can spend it completely enjoying the celebrations. Can't wait!

I'm very much looking forward to the wedding...Eugenie is lovely and it would appear that this will be a lovely and family oriented wedding. I absolutely love that she's included all of the children along with Louise and James. Clearly she's put a lot of thought into her wedding party and wanted very much to include everyone, even going so far as to make the Wessex children "special attendants" in order to include them. While Louise was a part of the Cambridge wedding party, to the best of my knowledge James has not been included in a wedding party before (at least one that we know of) and given how clearly happy he was to be allowed to attend Harry and Meghan's wedding I think it's very sweet that Eugenie has made a special role for him. I was struck last Easter at how she seemed to pay a bit of special attention to James outside the church and I think now we may be seeing that Eugenie is indeed closer to the children in her family than we may have realized previously.

I very much get the feeling that should the children behave like...well...like children with the giggles and the waves, that Eugenie will smile, laugh, and enjoy it rather than being anxious for them to behave like small adults. It would seem that she's planned a relaxed, personal, and non-stuffy wedding. I think we'll probably see an awful lot of genuine smiles and family laughs tomorrow.

Foreign royals for a non state occasion wedding for a ninth in line to the throne? If there's a family tie I get it but the royal contingent looks like a blend of Andrew Sarah 2.0 and Keeping up with the Sussexes. It's not looking like Eugenie and Jack's wedding.

Why would Eugenie not be allowed to invite her royal friends whose weddings she attended (most recently in Lima) just because she happens to 9th in line to the throne? It has nothing to do with it being Andrew and Sarah's party. On the contrary, inviting those younger foreign royals shows it is truly her wedding.

Hope tonights Atlantic Storm Callum won't cause too much disruption in Windsor tomorrow.

I'm working tomorrow and its the 1st Royal Wedding I'll have missed in a long time.

To me it's normal that guests at a wedding give gifts to the bride and groom.

This . I don't understand the issue here . No doubt the Cambridges and Sussexes received gifts from friends and family . Eugenie isn't hanging a giant list on the gates of Buckingham Palace telling John and Jane Smith to buy her something .

Pre wedding interview. Interesting. Haven’t seen that in awhile especially since they had an engagement interview. They cute together. Looking forward to tomorrow.

I remember that Charles and Diana received 23 yes Twenty Three silver toast racks as wedding gifts. Among the many thousands of gifts they received.
I doubt anyone uses a toast rack anymore.

Anyway looking forward to watching from 7.30 pm here.

Oh Fantastic!!! The ITV interview and now the Order of Service!:flowers:;)

I do wish Eugenie and Jack a fabulous day! I hope that the weather holds until after the ceremony and the carriage ride! I hope LOTS of pepole turn out to cheer their princess!!

Last edited:
We’re ready! Tomorrow is going to be splendid. @GrenadierGds and @2_SCOTS will give of their best to make their Colonel @TheDukeOfYork and the nation proud. And @BandHCav has a very special fanfare for the bride...

@RoyalFamily @BritishArmy

Via The Army in London Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom