Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've deleted a number of comments. This thread is not about Meghan and Harry's wedding and how people felt about it, so I'm not sure why it keeps being brought up. Please stay on-topic.

Weather is predicting Storm Callum to hit the UK. Do they have a plan B for the wedding?

It´s really nice to see Louise and James included aswell for a change. Looking forward to this wedding. Finally one I actually have time to watch.

Louise was in William and Catherine’s wedding.

It was really sweet of Eugenie to include all the young cousins.

I don't believe they have announced a carriage yet. They will likely use the Scottish State Coach if there is rain. That was the back up carriage announced for the Sussexes in case of rain.

In advance of Friday’s royal wedding, children from Queensmead School in Windsor processed through a floral arch outside their school building to recreate events following the Windsor wedding of Prince Leopold in 1882.

Via Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Twitter

Cute!

Hopefully the the rain passes!

Weather is predicting Storm Callum to hit the UK. Do they have a plan B for the wedding?

I'm sure big parts of the wedding are weatherproof, maybe that's why they have "Special attendants" to catch flowergirls flying away in the storm ?

It´s really nice to see Louise and James included aswell for a change. Looking forward to this wedding. Finally one I actually have time to watch.

I was also really happy to hear this. I even feel like thanking her on Twitter. :flowers:

Louise was in William and Catherine’s wedding.

It was really sweet of Eugenie to include all the young cousins.
Wasn´t able to watch that one either. ? So my memory might not serve me well with that one, as it has been years ago.

I don't believe they have announced a carriage yet. They will likely use the Scottish State Coach if there is rain. That was the back up carriage announced for the Sussexes in case of rain.
Now that's a nice carriage! (link) The Ascot Landau does nothing for me, although I have to admit once the occupants are in the carriage, you tend to focus on them. I don't want it to actually rain during the arrivals and departures but between the chance of rain and the high winds, I can see it being decided to use a covered carriage.

The weather forecast from weather.com:
Scattered Showers
20°C (68°F)
Precipitation: 40%
Wind: 22 mph

from bbc:
Light cloud and a fresh breeze

In advance of Friday’s royal wedding, children from Queensmead School in Windsor processed through a floral arch outside their school building to recreate events following the Windsor wedding of Prince Leopold in 1882.

Via Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Twitter

Cute!
How precious!

Last edited:
From the perspective that I'm looking at it, this wedding is going to be very much a family affair with cuteness overload with the bridal party of adorable children.

Here in the US, where its more common to have adult bridesmaids, a younger teen in the bridal party is often called a junior bridesmaid. Louise is too old to be included in with the younger children and that, I believe, is the reason for her and James to be called Special Attendants. It will be sweet to see the both of them in formal attire for this.

I know that we, as the public looking on as spectators, can easily see this wedding as being a "lesser" event because we easily see the pecking order and who works and who doesn't work for the family business "the Firm". From the Queen and Philip's viewpoint though, they don't see it this way at all. Eugenie is as much of a beloved granddaughter as any of the other grandchildren these two nonagenarians have. They're seeing this as a family celebration totally separate from the roles they hold within the monarchy and the "Firm".

Philip has shown himself to still be in top form doing the things he loves to do the best and that, I believe, will see him proudly taking his place besides his wife as his granddaughter marries.

3 questions?

Does Jack not have any children on his side that could have been attendants?

Is there a way to watch the wedding on Saturday evening?

Are any Foreign Royals attending?

Last edited:
I don't know whether Jack's family has any children but the fact that none are included could be because he doesn't have any or their parents don't want them to take part. Eugenie's cousins children are exposed to the public all the time.

I suspect that the wedding won't be replayed on Saturday evening. I believe ITV are showing the wedding live on Friday morning in the UK. In Australia it is Channel 7 from 7.00 p.m. on Friday night. I am not sure about other countries. I do believe that there are outlets, including The Telegraph that are streaming it live as well.

There has been no announced foreign royals so far. If there are any they would be more likely some of Philip's nieces and nephews and their children - in other words Andrew's other first cousins and their children. Beatrice and Eugenie have been to a couple of there weddings over the years.

I would imagine that if this wedding is being streamed on various online sources, they'd be available for replay at anytime similar to how we can go to YouTube now and watch weddings of the past.

After the month we've had around here "living in interesting times", I'm really looking forward to this wedding and cuteness overload of the bridal party. It'll be nice having something good and joyous to make me smile wide. :D

Is Eugenie befriended with them?

Eugenie allegedly introduced Cressida to Harry so definitely friends with her. She is still often seen with her.

I hope Pippa and James are able to attend. Her due date must be getting close. It’s only a couple more days for the wedding. She should be good.

I have read that Kate may not attend if Pippa goes into labour on Friday as she is that close to her due date.

As a result I doubt she would attend, if invited, in case she goes into labour in the middle of the service (that would make in memorable).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why Kate shouldn't attend if her sister goes into labor. Unless she intends to be with Pippa the whole way through, you tend to visit the new parents a good little while after the birth and a visit certainly doesn't last the entire day. This reeks of gossip bullsh.t to me, to be honest.

This is a Royal wedding, not some low-tier event. It'll come first on anyone's agenda who is remotely clear. I recall Pippa and James visiting Kate and William and their newborns at Kensington, not at the hospital.

What is Pippa's relation to Eugenie anyway, that makes people suggest she'd be invited? Or these people always invite one another just because you should.

First of all Kate isn’t going to play any part in Pippa’s delivery. They’re close but come on.

The other thing is Pippa and Eugenie are friends. Eugenie and Jack attended Pippa’s wedding. James Middleton and Eugenie were at Marlborough College at the same time, so I’m assuming the invite has already arrived.

The only announced royal not attending is Camilla

Last edited:
3 questions?

Is there a way to watch the wedding on Saturday evening?

Are any Foreign Royals attending?
If you want to watch the arrivals, ceremony and departures on Friday evening, undoubtedly it will be on youtube and other online outlets.

According to telegraph.co.uk, ITV will air a highlights program at 8:00 PM.

This is not a state occasion so any foreign royals will be attending in a personal capacity and therefore we will not know of their attendance until we see them arriving just like the non-royal wedding guests.

Last edited:
This wedding sure is going to be interesting - and absolutely adorable - to watch with the bridal party! Seems like a rather dangerous move putting Savannah, Isla, Mia and Charlotte in the same room together :lol:
It's lovely that Louise and James have a significant role in the wedding since they're both probably a little too old to be child bridesmaids and page boys now. I've read before that Eugenie and particularly Louise are very close. There's a lovely photo of the two hugging outside the chapel at St. George's after the Easter service a few years ago, and Eugenie rode in the carriage with the Wessexes at the 2011 Trooping the Colour.

Interesting that Robbie William's daughter is included in the bridal party, I had no idea that Eugenie was close to him. Maybe we'll be seeing a lot of other celebrity guests at the wedding too (I seem to remember that Ed Sheeran attended a party that was hosted by Beatrice and Eugenie a couple of years ago too).

Not such a big event!?! Last time I looked, every Grandchild's Wedding is a big event to the Grandparents, but especially if they're in their Nineties. Royal or otherwise. I completely expect Prince Phillip will be there barring a major change in his Health.

What I really popped in to share is, I got my monthly E Newsletter from The Monarchist League of Canada earlier tonight. In it is some concerning info...Although TLC is available on all Canadian Cable/Satellite Services, & they do have the US Rights to show the Wedding, TMLoC have not been able to confirm if TLC will be able to show it here as well or it'll end up being Geo Blocked. They’re going to keep trying to find out & will send out an update when/if they do.

Sorry to possibly be the bearer of bad tidings to my fellow Canadians.
This Canadian relies on TRF anyway for reporting so I am not worried about missing anything! :TRFrules::flowers:

First of all Kate isn’t going to play any part in Pippa’s delivery. They’re close but come on.

The other thing is Pippa and Eugenie are friends. Eugenie and Jack attended Pippa’s wedding. James Middleton and Eugenie were at Marlborough College at the same time, so I’m assuming the invite has already arrived.

The only announced royal not attending is Camilla

I am only repeating what I have heard - that Pippa's due date is basically this weekend and Kate wants to be there for her sister. Not unusual for many sisters to be together at that time, even if not in the room.

I am sure if Pippa can be there she will but if her due date is the one that has been put out I doubt she would attend the wedding and take the risk of going into labour during the service ... is that what you would want a friend to do to you?

I'm Canadian and my TV guide isn't showing the wedding on TLC on Friday morning.
They have a number of "Say Yes to the Dress" episodes listed from 4am to noon.
There is an episode that starts at 4:25am though.

3 questions?

I don't know whether Jack has cousins who'd be the right age; I do know his only sibling is Tom, who recently got engaged to Amy Rodgers. So no little nieces or nephews.

I don't know whether Jack has cousins who'd be the right age; I do know his only sibling is Tom, who recently got engaged to Amy Rodgers. So no little nieces or nephews.

Just like no nieces or nephews of Eugenie are included as Beatrice is unmarried and without children. However, it seems the royal family is probably a bit closer to cousins than the average family given their special position within society.

Interesting that Robbie William's daughter is included in the bridal party, I had no idea that Eugenie was close to him. Maybe we'll be seeing a lot of other celebrity guests at the wedding too (I seem to remember that Ed Sheeran attended a party that was hosted by Beatrice and Eugenie a couple of years ago too).

Couldn't it be Jack who is close to Robbie Williams (after so many years of dating hopefully close to both of them)? And what about the De Givenchy's? Are they assumed to be closer to Eugenie or Jack?

FYI: found this interview with Zoe de Givency featuring pictures of 1-year old Louis.

And a recent picture of Teddy Williams on her 6th birthday last month. Apparently, she recently had a little baby sister Coco (and also has a younger brother Charlie)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is nice that Lady Louise and Viscount Severn are special attendants. What are the duties of the special attendants?

Eugenie has plenty of posh even celebrity friends. Possibly as many as get oust S that she knows on a personal and not just charity basis I woukd be expecting quite a few well known faces. Eugenie also moves in the same social circles as people like the Cassiraghi trio, the Hannoverian princes and the German royals Harry hunts with. She has attended many of the weddings and events. I wonder if we may see any.

Pippa and Eugenie are friends but I don't think she will be there. Eugenie got invited to her wedding but was certainly not a small close friends wedding. Pippa is close to giving birth and I doubt she will pull a Zara.

Kate may or may not miss the wedding. The palace wouldn't know it yet. But I think Kate will at least go for the ceremony. With the kids in the wedding and all. If pippa has given birth, she may choose to skip the rest.

Little surprised we have seen no Fergusons in the wedding party. Not as surprised no from Jack. The Cambridge wedding party was the same, all from Willisms side of the famiky and friends.

Pippa and Eugenie are friends but I don't think she will be there. Eugenie got invited to her wedding but was certainly not a small close friends wedding. Pippa is close to giving birth and I doubt she will pull a Zara.

Little surprised we have seen no Fergusons in the wedding party. Not as surprised no from Jack. The Cambridge wedding party was the same, all from Willisms side of the famiky and friends.

Not the best example as Zara had Lena more than 4 weeks after the Sussex wedding. If Pippa was more than 4 weeks away, I think she would attend. If she is indeed about to give birth any day, which we don't know since she never gave a due date, then I would call it pulling a Madeleine.

It is nice that Lady Louise and Viscount Severn are special attendants. What are the duties of the special attendants?

I am not sure.

I suspect it is a 'special' title so they can be included but not be classed with the 'children' as such.

I love the fact that all of Eugenie's royal cousins (other than Harry) are represented either directly, Louise and James, or via their children. I also love the fact that she hasn't chosen one cousin's children over another with all three adult cousin's children who aren't babies included. It is also lovely to see Maud Windsor involved as she is Eugenie's goddaughter.

It seems to me that Eugenie has put a lot of thought into the wedding party to include as much of her family as possible as well as a few friends.

I do wonder why there are no Ferguson relatives involved though.

I am not sure.

I suspect it is a 'special' title so they can be included but not be classed with the 'children' as such.

I love the fact that all of Eugenie's royal cousins (other than Harry) are represented either directly, Louise and James, or via their children. I also love the fact that she hasn't chosen one cousin's children over another with all three adult cousin's children who aren't babies included. It is also lovely to see Maud Windsor involved as she is Eugenie's goddaughter.

It seems to me that Eugenie has put a lot of thought into the wedding party to include as much of her family as possible as well as a few friends.

I do wonder why there are no Ferguson relatives involved though.

I questioned the same thing a few pages back. Amara Stileman would of been a nice choice from her maternal side. Amara and Eugenie are first cousins.

Not the best example as Zara had Lena more than 4 weeks after the Sussex wedding. If Pippa was more than 4 weeks away, I think she would attend. If she is indeed about to give birth any day, which we don't know since she never gave a due date, then I would call it pulling a Madeleine.

Reality is pippa and Eugenie are not BFF. Eugenie went to school with James, whether she knew him or not at school, questionable. Eugenie was one of a couple hundred guests at Pippas wedding, of varying levels of familiarity.

Going any where when you are even eight months pregnant as Zara was is uncomfortable. Sitting through a long church wedding. I used Zara as it is a British example, and is just as relevant here.

The point being as Eugenie and pippa are not related, nor that close friends, I highly doubt Pippa is intending to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom