Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Everyone should be excited and getting into Royal Wedding Fever! We are entering the wedding week.

I'm looking forward to it! Glad she's having a "princess" wedding!

Do you think Charles will arrive in a car by himself or will he walk with the rest of the family as a lot of the royal family did at Harry’s wedding?

It is actually hard to say what Prince Charles may do. As the bride's uncle, he may arrive by car. However, he may choose to walk with the other Royals.

I am disappointed that more US networks are not showing the wedding. Is it because Princess Eugenie is not a working royal? I was really hoping CNN would show it. She is the first "blood" princess to get married in a while. (At least for the BRF)

I believe Sophie and Edwards's wedding was shown in the US. Why can't Jack and Princess Eugenie?

I am disappointed that more US networks are not showing the wedding. Is it because Princess Eugenie is not a working royal? I was really hoping CNN would show it. She is the first "blood" princess to get married in a while. (At least for the BRF)

I believe Sophie and Edwards's wedding was shown in the US. Why can't Jack and Princess Eugenie?

Outside of royal follower world, most don't even know exactly who Eugenie is. There is very little mainstream coverage of it.

Last edited:
I suspect it's because she's ,not (1) the daughter of monarch or future monarch, or (2) the child of Princess Diana, who was popular in the US, or (3) marrying an American.

It’s not considered the wedding of the year here in the US. The networks are also busy covering the crisis the country is in. Although I’m glad TLC will be covering the wedding. I’m off on Friday, so I’ll be up early to watch.

I understand that. I just think it is a missed opportunity. Does anyone know if it will stream on the royal family youtube channel? I don't have TLC. I believe some US viewers remember the looks Eugenie and her sister wore for Will/Kate's wedding.

Also, this is a little off-topic. But I am disappointed Camilla will not attend. I know she has an event. But it would have been lovely to see her. But the main focal point is Eugenie and Jack. So, mazel tov!

I understand that. I just think it is a missed opportunity. Does anyone know if it will stream on the royal family youtube channel? I don't have TLC. I believe some US viewers remember the looks Eugenie and her sister wore for Will/Kate's wedding.

Also, this is a little off-topic. But I am disappointed Camilla will not attend. I know she has an event. But it would have been lovely to see her. But the main focal point is Eugenie and Jack. So, mazel tov!

I’m guessing the wedding will be uploaded to the Royal YouTube channel. You’ll find the Cambridge’s and Sussex’s weddings there as well.

The Telegraph UK website will live stream the wedding and a web link will be provided for those outside the UK to watch the wedding. No worries, you’ll be able to watch it.

Thank you for the info about the Telegraph viewing. I didn't know.

Also, I am really looking forward to see what Sarah wears as, "mother of the bride". I bet she will look great. Also, I wonder if Beatrice will wear a similar white dress that Pippa wore. ( As the maid of honor.) I think the York girls will look so lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:

The outlets are always looking to take advantage of a situation when they see viewer interest. There really hasn't been much. Even weekly magazines like People haven't had it on the cover (I don't read the actual magazine, so I can't tell you what's in there). So not so much a missed opportunity. Most only remember Beatrice's hat from the wedding. Although it'd be hard for nonroyal followers to actually name which one wore it that day. They might remember the hat if they saw it again.

I suspect it's because she's ,not (1) the daughter of monarch or future monarch, or (2) the child of Princess Diana, who was popular in the US, or (3) marrying an American.

Pretty much. Harry's would've been covered well because he is well known. But nowhere near how it was covered had he not married a beautiful (reality is this matters when it comes to interest in the wedding) American. It was made into a bigger deal than even the Cambridge wedding was in US.

Last edited:
I Vow To Thee My Country is a very popular hymn in the UK and often used at weddings and funerals. It was used at the funeral of Lord Mountbatten before Diana even married into the Family. It is (or was) sung in schools all the time. The tune being from Holst’s Planet Suite it is also a very popular orchestral piece and has been since it was first written during the First World War.

Eugenie is a Princess of the UK, working or not, the sentiments of the hymn are perfect in that setting.

Oddly enough, not everything in British or Royal life revolves around Diana.

Please note that a number of bickering posts unrelated to the topic have been deleted. This thread is not a platform to bicker about other real weddings or meters of the Royal Family.

I avoid refined sugar and thus most cakes, but to my palate lemon and elder flower sounds like an appropriately light offering for a spring/summer wedding, whereas red velvet and chocolate seems to fit better with a fall/winter type wedding, albeit a bit rich for my taste.
Regarding fruitcake, I'm personally glad that's one wedding tradition that didn't make it over to the colonies :)
Yes, I agree. They fit with the seasons.
And both sound delicious.

Weddings are such happy events. If only pre wedding discussion threads could be as happy! :lol:

I'm really looking forward to seeing her choice of dress. We are under a hundred hours and counting now!

For Americans, TLC's broadcast, called Royal Wedding Live: Princess Eugenie, will begin at 4:25 a.m. EST on Friday, October 12, and the cable network will air an encore of the broadcast starting at 7:25 a.m. ET.

2 chances to watch plus The Telegraph will have a live stream and of course it’s on ITV.

Interesting article about Eugenie’s cake, apparently red velvet cake originated in Texas thus it’s an ‘American cake’ :ermm:

I've been wondering whether the cake is an indicator of the color scheme for the wedding- dark red tones?

(Though I hope not; I don't think that will look great considering Beatrice has red hair).
Otoh, I am really hoping the bridal party isn't all in white, as I'm rather tired of that.

For Americans, TLC's broadcast, called Royal Wedding Live: Princess Eugenie, will begin at 4:25 a.m. EST on Friday, October 12, and the cable network will air an encore of the broadcast starting at 7:25 a.m. ET.

2 chances to watch plus The Telegraph will have a live stream and of course it’s on ITV.

Australia's Channel 7 is also airing. So another option outside the UK/US.

I am sure all will be uploaded.

could it be because noone's interested?

could it be because noone's interested?

I am! I won't be able to watch the wedding live but I've got my TV set to record TLC's coverage.

But you're correct, Eugenie isn't as well known in the U.S. as the Queen's children & her grandsons William & Harry, so the interest isn't there.

I sooo want to know who the bridesmaids are, the suspense is killing me.

I am! I won't be able to watch the wedding live but I've got my TV set to record TLC's coverage.

But you're correct, Eugenie isn't as well known in the U.S. as the Queen's children & her grandsons William & Harry, so the interest isn't there.
Exactly, she is hardly known In the US and is not much thought about in the UK...

It's going to be interesting to see Friday, if Camilla is there or not. The idea that she won't be there is causing quite some upset among some royal watchers.

LaRae

It's going to be interesting to see Friday, if Camilla is there or not. The idea that she won't be there is causing quite some upset among some royal watchers.

LaRae

And rightly so !
It's not rocket science to see that the "previous engagement" thing sounds a bit fishy to say the least.

I don't understand why its "fishy". Andrew himself said after the news of the engagement that they were consulting diaries to find a date that worked for everybody (harder given they chose to marry on a Friday). Obviously they found a date but Camilla already had an event and chose not to cancel an event booked in before the wedding to attend. At the end of the day I doubt Camilla will be crying she is missing it and will send the couple her best wishes and love and Jack and Eugenie will have 800+ other people there to focus on, I'm sure when trying to find a date it was more important Andrew, Sarah, Beatrice, the Queen, Philip, Charles, Edward & Anne could attend rather than Camilla.
Remember William missed Peter & Autumns wedding because he had a prior commitment and that was for his own cousin not just a niece-in-law. I really don't see the fuss and any gossip of anything more untoward is just people trying to create a drama and push an agenda.
On a side note I wonder if they chose the Friday to avoid marrying on Sat 13th Oct.

Last edited:
Possibly. I wouldn't like to get married on the 13th. But it would have been easier to avoid people having engagements if they had made it for another Saturday.
Not that I think there is anything sinister about Camilla not going, Im sure sh'es invited to the party or whatever,the next day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom