Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to mention that this engagement, if it is that which I assume it is, is not listed in the CC. The Duke of Kent is the only one listed to have an engagement that day in the evening.

The CC won't have the engagement yet as they only list events after they occur.

The Future Engagements lists some upcoming events but rarely for the Wales or York branches of the family.

The FE lists the Duke of Kent because his engagements are listed there. To find out upcoming events for Charles, Camilla, the Cambridges, Sussexes or Andrew you have to look elsewhere and even then they don't publish much in advance.

Currently Charles has nothing listed in the FE for the rest of the year although Camilla has two - the Man Booker Prize and holding a Reception on behalf of HM. No mention in the FE of their upcoming tour to Africa for instance.

The FE also lists no engagements for Harry or Meghan for the rest of the year and yet we know they have a tour to the Pacific starting in less than two weeks.

William and Kate have one engagement in the FE on the British monarchy website for the rest of the year while Andrew has none listed there.

No one believes that these 7 most senior royals after the Queen will do four engagements between now and the end of December but that is what the FE is saying.

Meanwhile the Duke of Kent has 10 listed.

In the same time period Edward has 47 and Anne over 70 with a tour to Chile listed from the 27th November to 2nd December.

On the Clarence House website there are three engagements listed for Camilla but still nothing for Charles for the rest of the year.

Do not rely on the Future Engagements page of the British monarchy website for upcoming engagements for Charles, Camilla, William, Kate, Harry, Meghan or Andrew as they simply don't give their information to BP to put up. They also don't always publish on their own sites either.

Leave it to the British press to frame it negatively. While in every other country the press would simply report that a royal wants to honour a previously made engagement, in the rags it is immediately put down as "a snub". Pffff.

Leave it to the British press to frame it negatively. While in every other country the press would simply report that a royal wants to honour a previously made engagement, in the rags it is immediately put down as "a snub". Pffff.

Is it just a "snub" or a more troubling sign of a shift in Camilla's status within the RF ? The tabloids and fake news sites will have a blast with her absence.

Is it just a "snub" or a more troubling sign of a shift in Camilla's status within the RF ? The tabloids and fake news sites will have a blast with her absence.

IMO, there is no snub and if there is anything pointing towards a shift within the royal family, it would be that Camilla is exhibiting putting duty before anything else and, to me, that's a good sign for a future Queen Consort.

Of course the tabloids and fake news will have a blast with it. It would be too hard for them to pass up. ;)

I wonder if Camilla will miss the ceremony, but be at the night time reception?

:previous: Will there be a night time event?

There is, but the reporting on this is a no for Camilla on all subsequent wedding events as well.

ETA: now that I read it, it doesn’t specify. But Emily Andrew’s tweeted that she’s a no for the receptions as well.

Last edited:

It's a sign of neither, Camilla has promised herself to this event and to her word she's going. Eugenie clearly understands.

:previous: Will there be a night time event?

Yes, one on Friday and there is a private event on Saturday which I imagine if she can attend she will.

If true, and if you read the text, Camilla responded early that the date was one for which she was unavailable. And it reads as if that info was shared at the time the family was searching around for a date that worked best for the whole family.

If true, that headline could just as validly say "Camilla snubbed by choice of wedding date." Because it would be Camilla's unavailability that was ignored.
And don't lets move this discussion much more onto Camilla, because it is off topic.

I am sure she will be sending a lovely gift, even if she cannot attend. Which is much more than many step-aunts do in many families.

Eug and Jack are going to be such a handsome couple! That's my speculation and I am sticking to it! :lol:

Royal.uk has the following for Eugenie's wedding:
Following the carriage procession, The Queen will give a Reception at Windsor Castle for the couple and their wedding guests.
Royal.uk had the following for Harry's wedding:
Following the service, there will be a reception at St George's Hall for the couple and guests from the congregation. The couple will join this on return from the Carriage Procession.

Later that evening, The Prince of Wales will give a private evening reception for the couple and their close friends and family.
This, along with the reports of the Saturday event, is why I am not sure if there will be an evening event.

ETA:
Since the engagement announcement there have been reports that Andrew will be hosting an evening event at the Royal Lodge but that seems to be educated guessing being presented as fact like the reporting on who will be in the wedding party.

Last edited:
There could be an evening event but seems odd when they are throwing a big party the next day. Might be overkill. But either way, they can do what they want!

If true, and if you read the text, Camilla responded early that the date was one for which she was unavailable. And it reads as if that info was shared at the time the family was searching around for a date that worked best for the whole family.

If true, that headline could just as validly say "Camilla snubbed by choice of wedding date." Because it would be Camilla's unavailability that was ignored.
And don't lets move this discussion much more onto Camilla, because it is off topic.

I am sure she will be sending a lovely gift, even if she cannot attend. Which is much more than many step-aunts do in many families.

Eug and Jack are going to be such a handsome couple! That's my speculation and I am sticking to it! :lol:

Oh I agree with you 100%. There are just some people in this sorry world that love a scandal and will invent one at any cost if one doesn't exist. It was known Camilla had a prior, period. I am sure the wedding couple knew and might be sorry but certainly not important enough to change the date. It was already stated somewhere that the couple changed their original date due to Harry and Meghan's wedding. Enough is enough. An uncle's second marriage partner is just not that important [no matter who they are] to disrupt their special day. It is their wedding and no one else should matter. JMHO

Do you think Charles will arrive in a car by himself or will he walk with the rest of the family as a lot of the royal family did at Harry’s wedding?

There could be an evening event but seems odd when they are throwing a big party the next day. Might be overkill. But either way, they can do what they want!

It may have to do with the fact they are getting married on a Friday. Instead of having all three events on the same day like her cousins, hers is two days. Eugenie has also spent a lot of time at weddings on the continent and a wedding weekend is the norm. It is similar to Zara, who had a dinner cruise, but Zara had it the night before the wedding.

If the weather is predicting rain for the wedding what is plan B for the carriage ride? They have not stated what carriage is being used. And the military details - Jack had not served but he is getting military flourishes because of his grandfather's service. I find it oft putting. Military for Eugenie and she didn't serve but because of Andrew? Andrea Bocelli singing - nice but I didn't know E & J are opera fans. Sarah putting in a hymn to honor Diana - did the couple want it in? It is sounding more like Andrew and Sarah's remarriage ceremony.

:previous:
Like many other brides have done, Eugenie probably went along with some of her parents' suggestions, in order to keep the peace.

If the weather is predicting rain for the wedding what is plan B for the carriage ride? They have not stated what carriage is being used. And the military details - Jack had not served but he is getting military flourishes because of his grandfather's service. I find it oft putting. Military for Eugenie and she didn't serve but because of Andrew? Andrea Bocelli singing - nice but I didn't know E & J are opera fans. Sarah putting in a hymn to honor Diana - did the couple want it in? It is sounding more like Andrew and Sarah's remarriage ceremony.

Where does it say anywhere about the hymn to honour Diana....

Sarah putting in a hymn to honor Diana - did the couple want it in? It is sounding more like Andrew and Sarah's remarriage ceremony.

Tabloid speculation at this point, the words “could” and “may” were used. And some writers like to bring up Diana for everything. “I vow to thee my country” was not/is not exclusive to Diana.

Where does it say anywhere about the hymn to honour Diana....

It was in a very speculative, very short Express article. I had to search for it to see what the OP was talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Or it sounds like a couple who made these decisions on their own. The managing director of the RPO said he’s been working closely with Eugenie and Jack on the music, so I imagine they choose Andrea Bocelli because they wanted him.

I’m sure Eugenie and Jack have gotten suggestions from others (what bride and groom haven’t), but none of these details suggest that Sarah and Andrew have taken over the wedding, while E&J look helplessly on.

I haven’t heard anything about the hymn in honor of Diana. Where is that information coming from?

As for military details, I don’t see what’s wrong with this:

The memory of Jack’s great Grandfather, Sir Jack Coke, who was an officer in the Scots Guards, will also be honored as pipers from the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Regiment of Scotland will perform Scottish pieces from the Garter Tower as Eugenie and Jack depart in the carriage procession.

People article

It’s actually a very lovely tribute to Jack and his family.

Last edited:
Oh I agree with you 100%. There are just some people in this sorry world that love a scandal and will invent one at any cost if one doesn't exist. It was known Camilla had a prior, period. I am sure the wedding couple knew and might be sorry but certainly not important enough to change the date. It was already stated somewhere that the couple changed their original date due to Harry and Meghan's wedding. Enough is enough. An uncle's second marriage partner is just not that important [no matter who they are] to disrupt their special day. It is their wedding and no one else should matter. JMHO

The Sussex wedding had nothing to do with this. Their date was announced and decided on while Eugenie wasn't even engaged. Eugenie could've had any date after May 19th. Zara married about a month and half after the Cambridge wedding. Eugenie and Jack picked the date they did, no need to put it on anyone else.

With as many people in the BRF, it'd be difficult to put together everyone's schedule. The Sussex wedding also had a conflict with the FA Cup Final, and William is the President. He ended up cancelling because it's his brother's wedding. For Camilla, it's her husband's niece, not someone in her immediate family. I see nothing wrong with her deciding to keep her commitment. I'm sure they couple aren't too heartbroken over it either.

And I see no outrage over the lack of fruitcake this time and how that's snubbing tradition.

And yes, the military does seem a bit odd given that neither Eugenie nor Jack served. Or have any personal involvement with the military.

Last edited:

The military ceremonial is just there. Every day. Even when the Queen is not in the residence. They are just providing the couleur locale for the wedding of a Princess of the United Kingdom. Little effort, great pleasure.

And Andrea Bocelli is not really an opera singer but an artist with a popular and a classic repertoire. His biggest hits were pop songs like Vivo Per Lei or Time To Say Goodbye. Wonderful to have such an angelic voice at your wedding!

The Sussex wedding had nothing to do with this. Their date was announced and decided on while Eugenie wasn't even engaged. Eugenie could've had any date after May 19th. Zara married about a month and half after the Cambridge wedding. Eugenie and Jack picked the date they did, no need to put it on anyone else.

With as many people in the BRF, it'd be difficult to put together everyone's schedule. The Sussex wedding also had a conflict with the FA Cup Final, and William is the President. He ended up cancelling because it's his brother's wedding. For Camilla, it's her husband's niece, not someone in her immediate family. I see nothing wrong with her deciding to keep her commitment. I'm sure they couple aren't too heartbroken over it either.
Zara got married 3 months (instead of 1 1/2 months) after her cousin. In Eugenie's case that would have been mid-August. So, unless she decided to marry in Scotland as Zara did, she needed to wait for the queen to return to Windsor in October to get married in the presence of her grandmother and queen.

June is typically packed with royal events, so I am sure it was appreciated by the BRF that Eugenie and Jack were so considerate to wait until October, while they might have gotten married before the summer had Harry and Meggan not married in May.

One doesn't need to be an opera fan to enjoy Andrea Bocelli...his voice is the 8th wonder.

The entire wedding is beginning to sound not only tasteful but beautifully planned and amazing..Beatrice will have a tough act to follow when it's her turn.;)

ETA: I distinctly remember reading that Beatrice was a favorite of Diana...whom the York princesses called "Aunt Duch". It's a very lovely and sentimental talking gesture
to remember her in the service, imo

The idea that people are complaining about the involvement of the military when Eugenie's whole family are deeply involved with the military and her father actually put his life on the line defending British people in war, is truly baffling.

There’s just a lot of outrage that Eugenie York is having a lovely princess wedding, even though she actually is a princess.

The entire wedding is beginning to sound not only tasteful but beautifully planned and amazing..Beatrice will have a tough act to follow when it's her turn.;)

I'm not so sure, with how public Eugenie's wedding seems to be, I could see Beatrice going a step up with hers being held at York Minster, especially if she (not saying that its obvious she will) marries a peer.

One doesn't have to be an opera fan to enjoy Andrea. He certainly isn't your traditional opera. This is also the wedding ceremony and you are going to have to have some kind of classical music. I doubt Harry and William have any more great love of classical music then Eugenie. Or they may all have love of it.

I love the fact that they are including jacks family with a military tribute. Nice to see both families included.

As for weather the have covered carriages. They had one on backup for Harry, I assume they will have here.

As far as anybody's wedding cake, all I can say is that they all fit into my diet. I'm on a see food diet. I see it, I eat it. If everything that's wedding food stuck to ye olde traditions of yore, they'd have to use olde timey ingredients that just might not be overly safe to eat in this day and age.

They're all going to eat, drink and be very merry and celebrate this wedding and I'm sure no one is going to be complaining about the food.

Not long to go now before I'll be doing an all nighter to watch this wedding. :D

I avoid refined sugar and thus most cakes, but to my palate lemon and elder flower sounds like an appropriately light offering for a spring/summer wedding, whereas red velvet and chocolate seems to fit better with a fall/winter type wedding, albeit a bit rich for my taste.
Regarding fruitcake, I'm personally glad that's one wedding tradition that didn't make it over to the colonies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom