Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, you can't have the butter and the money for the butter. either you are an official royal who gets paid a lot for the appearances you do on behalf of the crown and your kids are in the spotlight or your kids aren't and you take a second stage in your public duties and resign your appanage. they won't be able to shield their kids 'because of negativity' just because they want the positives of being part of the RF and not the negatives.

British Royals do NOT get paid for appearances. They don't have an 'appanage'.

The Queen gets the Sovereign Grant to use to cover official expenses of most of the royal family. Philip has a separate allowance for that purpose and the Wales branch of the family have that paid for from the Duchy of Cornwall.

The family - other than the Wales' branch - are supported by the Queen via the Duchy of Lancaster and various trust funds but they do NOT get paid by the government for anything. If there was no Duchy money then they would have no private income on which to live as any government money is for their official expenses such as the salaries of the private secretary and the cost associated with getting to and from an engagement but not for their personal use.

Mods - maybe this post, and the one to which I am replying, should be move to the Royal Finances thread or something else

Last edited:
TLC makes sense. That a very wedding oriented channel. It is cable but they tend to do live-streams. They did one for the Sussexes. Either way there is a UK, US, and Australian option. People who want to see it will have access.

One US outlet to do this wedding. I expected Fox. The other major networks are just doing clips?

Yep I figure I can watch it online!

LaRae

:sad:I always hope for a memorable hat from Camilla.
But that’s the peril of having a Friday wedding, royal calendars are filled up months in advance, especially when it comes to regular annual events that can’t be moved.

Going to love the music!
LaRae

Yup, I’m really starting to get exited about this.

I love the military involvement, the state trumpeters. Looking forward to it.

I like how compact but detailed the press releases have been. Although, it would be nice to have a little illustration along with them but I guess that would seem a little repetitive due to the those for H and M's wedding.

The only other announcements I am expecting now are for the Order of Service and the wedding party.

“The Archbishop of York, The Most Revd. and Rt. Hon. John Sentamu, has written a personal prayer for the Wedding Service of Princess Eugenie and Mr Brooksbank, which will be included in the Order of Service.”

I think that’s a lovely touch. So far a princess perfect wedding day.

The cake sounds amazing...can't wait to see the design either....now just waiting to hear the gnashing and wailing because it's not fruitcake...which we heard when H&M's cake was announced.

LaRae

Wedding update

Lots of pomp and circumstance. New details including singing by Andrea Boccelli.

https://www.royal.uk/update-wedding-princess-eugenie-york-and-mr-jack-brooksbank

The Dean of Windsor, The Rt. Revd. David Conner will give the Address and officiate the marriage vows.

Musicians from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will perform. The Duke of York is Patron of the RPO.

Andrea Bocelli will perform two pieces.

London based cake designer Sophie Cabot will make a red velvet and chocolate cake. Sophie came to the attention of the couple through her involvement with The Duke of York’s Pitch@Palace programme.

I hope Princess Eugenie and Jack use the wedding vows in which they state their first name and all their middle names.

Nothing has been released by the family or official channels yet. So far it's just media speculation as far as I know.

LaRae

The Sun article above writes, "Prince George, five, will be a pageboy, with Princess Charlotte, three, and Robbie Williams’ daughter Teddy, six, pagegirls." I haven't heard that anywhere else. Do we think they are speculating or they really know something.

Those names "leaked" a while ago . I put leaked in quotes because there is no source for that other than the usual "sources say" source .

TLC also means Canada, as it's part of just about every Cable/Satellite Service available here. Which means come Thursday night, my Mother will be wishing she had access to a tranquilizer gun or blow dart or... [emoji1][emoji1]

It all sounds lovely. I hope the weather cooperates.

Say it again, bridesmaids may turn out true but until announced don't believe it. Saw how wrong with Meghan and Cambridge as well. One so called leak reprinted as truth. May be some truth, or just people hoping for Cambridge kids.

I can't wait for the music. The orchestra will be great but I live Andrea, his voice is stunning :flowers:

The cake sounds wonderful. I have yet to see any faux outrage it isn't fruit cake. I guess it's only horrible anti British when bride is foreign. If both in the couple are British they can choose what they want.

Too bad Camilla can't come. But likely planning the second royal wedding, there were not many options. It was likely the best date the most senior royals could attend. Not sure how close Eugenie is to her invites second wife. Not saying she wouldn't want Camilla there but if it came down to a weekend where a closer restive like Harry couldn't come, it may help the choice.

Camilla's absence may be the first shoe to drop.

Camilla's absence may be the first shoe to drop.

A translation please ?

The phrase is unfamiliar.

The absence of the Duchess of Cornwall is regrettable, but 'duty before pleasure', since HRH has a long planned prior engagement, and isn't keen on 'letting people down'..

...what you mean by that. Thanks.

A translation please ?

The phrase is unfamiliar.

The absence of the Duchess of Cornwall is regrettable, but 'duty before pleasure', since HRH has a long planned prior engagement, and isn't keen on 'letting people down'..
Waiting for the other shoe to drop usually means that one negative thing has happened and there will inevitably be another - or more - to follow.
https://www.idioms.online/waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-drop/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom