Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if Prince Philip is supposed to attend? He and Fergie on one bench, won't happen.

There's no reason to think Prince Phillip won't attend.

LaRae

Do we know if Prince Philip is supposed to attend? He and Fergie on one bench, won't happen.

Prince Philip, despite his quirks and his advanced age, has spent a lifetime in service of HMQ and the United Kingdom. There is no chance that he will behave in a less than dignified and appropriate manner even if Sarah is seated right next to him. Only if he is truly unwell will he miss his granddaughter’s wedding.

It's not about service or dignity, this isn't a public official event.

Its about his granddaughter who is getting married. Philip and Elizabeth are close to their grandkids. Unless he is too sick he will come, like he did for Harry even after surgery. He will put up with Fergie like he did in May.

It's not about service or dignity, this isn't a public official event.

Its about his granddaughter who is getting married. Philip and Elizabeth are close to their grandkids. Unless he is too sick he will come, like he did for Harry even after surgery. He will put up with Fergie like he did in May.

I only meant that his lifetime has instilled in him all the reserves of restraint that some think he needs in order to sit politely in church. I have never thought that there is any danger of unpleasantness by any party.

I can't see her sitting among all the senior royals waiting for Andrew and Beatrice to join her.

I really think you underestimate the English Politeness [and fundamental decency] here..

Whatever their deeper opinion of the Duchess NO-ONE will make her feel uncomfortable on what will be a happy day for her, and ALL of them.

I dint see why it would be nerve wracking. She has been around them at things like ascot. It's not the first time she has seen the family since the divorce. While I doubt she will be seated next to Philip or Charles, I don't see any nerves for her. She recently attended Harrys wedding and while not sitting with the family, it was similar. She will be too busy being the proud mom anyways.
You may well be right, and I certainly hope you are. If you get to see the wedding I hope you enjoy it.

I really think you underestimate the English Politeness [and fundamental decency] here..

Whatever their deeper opinion of the Duchess NO-ONE will make her feel uncomfortable on what will be a happy day for her, and ALL of them.

My apologies, I didn't mean to suggest that anyone would be unpleasant or rude to her. I just meant that it will be an emotional day, and that there may be a few butterflies. Andrew and Sarah have remained close for moments like these, I hope they have a wonderful day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe this discussion about Sarah is still going on. Eugenie is her daughter. She will be given the mother of the bride's place. Simple as that. It's not as if they are going to be forced to carry a long conversation with her. They can all sit there in that Quire during the ceremony, and they can more than avoid her later at the reception if they wish. There is no reason to make anymore of it.

He will like sit in the second row while the York family sit in the first row like with the Sussex wedding. I believe the Queen prefers the first seat on the second row.

I have no doubt Philip will be there. He attended Harry's after a surgery, a fall and a black eye. I mean... really? He will be there for his granddaughter.

The wedding prep looks pretty extensive. About the TV coverage I wonder if ITV wants it because it's banking on a Fergie scandal to capture on film? ITV is not so high brow and the coverage is running through the morning show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe this discussion about Sarah is still going on. Eugenie is her daughter. She will be given the mother of the bride's place. Simple as that. It's not as if they are going to be forced to carry a long conversation with her. They can all sit there in that Quire during the ceremony, and they can more than avoid her later at the reception if they wish. There is no reason to make anymore of it.

He will like sit in the second row while the York family sit in the first row like with the Sussex wedding. I believe the Queen prefers the first seat on the second row.

It's not a matter of preference. itd not like Westminster, there is a barrier infront of the seating. If Elizabeth sat front row str would either have to get up and move so those involved in the wedding like Andrew could get by her into their seat. Or she woukd have to sit further down. The seats closest to the altar are for the more important guests. It wouldn't be right to seat her further down.

Instead she is seated second row. And a seat empty infront so no one sits infront of her.

I keep saying that the whole Sarah vs Philip thing has been way overplayed by the media and folks online for far too long. This is a family wedding and the family will enjoy each other’s company for the celebrations.

And the debate rumbles on and on. Honestly, Philip will be there if his health allows it. Philip will grin and bear being near Fergie if it makes his grand-daughter happy on her wedding day. IMO the more people and the media debate it the more likely it is that Philip will turn up knowing if he doesn't it will cast a shadow over Eugenie's wedding day.

Last edited:
I'm begging the Admin to "shut up" the haters and trollers re: Philip will boycott the wedding ... everyone hates Sarah … York family are freeloaders.

Really?

These people are often only repeating what is said in the media and from their own experience.

For Instance: In 2015 I spent four weeks in London (and did a 'which royal I spotted today update at the time). I also reported on the responses to a range of questions about various royals at the places where I met royal fans etc. The overwhelming response, from my personal survey, was that the Yorks are detested by everyone - not one person I spoke to had a good word to say about them. I never claimed to speak to everyone in Britain of course, but over that four weeks I would have asked about 200 - 300 British people their thoughts on the various members of the BRF and the lot said the same thing about the Yorks.

There have been reports for years about the feelings of many members of the BRF on Sarah - Philip pointedly refuses to go to Balmoral until after she has made her annual visit. That is very clear. Charles also refuses to have anything to do with her - that is well-reported. Harry, on the other hand, does seem to spend some time with her when she is with her daughters and has holidayed with her and the rest of the Yorks in Switzerland.

The general feeling is that the Yorks are the most disliked branch of the family - that is a rather incontestable fact.

Sadly Andrew's antics over the years has dragged his family down and even though he carries out many engagements his work is ignored and he is thus seen as a waste of space and a freeloader. The media constantly reports on the girls 'vacations' giving rise to the 'freeloader' tag again.

Unless people are prepared to actually do some research into what the girls do - and Andrew for that matter - the media will continue with this approach and the public will lap it up.

The wedding prep looks pretty extensive. About the TV coverage I wonder if ITV wants it because it's banking on a Fergie scandal to capture on film? ITV is not so high brow and the coverage is running through the morning show. Fergie raised stinks at the Cambridge and Sussex wesdings so is it hoping for a mess for this wedding?

I think ITV is counting on viewers wanting to see the lovely princess bride in a diamond tiara, her adorable fiancé, Her Majesty, the royal family and all of the famous guests turned out in their finest.

Sadly Andrew's antics over the years has dragged his family down and even though he carries out many engagements his work is ignored and he is thus seen as a waste of space and a freeloader. The media constantly reports on the girls 'vacations' giving rise to the 'freeloader' tag again.

Unless people are prepared to actually do some research into what the girls do - and Andrew for that matter - the media will continue with this approach and the public will lap it up.
It seems that Beatrice and Eugenie are easily lumped together because while there have indeed been times in which Beatrice's trips were coming up again and again in the media; Eugenie always seems to have received less media attention regarding her holidays (she might travel less - instead concentrating on her job and charity work).

So, to me it seems people are projecting not only her parents' but also her sister's behavior/image on her.

These people are often only repeating what is said in the media and from their own experience.

For Instance: In 2015 I spent four weeks in London (and did a 'which royal I spotted today update at the time). I also reported on the responses to a range of questions about various royals at the places where I met royal fans etc. The overwhelming response, from my personal survey, was that the Yorks are detested by everyone - not one person I spoke to had a good word to say about them. I never claimed to speak to everyone in Britain of course, but over that four weeks I would have asked about 200 - 300 British people their thoughts on the various members of the BRF and the lot said the same thing about the Yorks.

There have been reports for years about the feelings of many members of the BRF on Sarah - Philip pointedly refuses to go to Balmoral until after she has made her annual visit. That is very clear. Charles also refuses to have anything to do with her - that is well-reported. Harry, on the other hand, does seem to spend some time with her when she is with her daughters and has holidayed with her and the rest of the Yorks in Switzerland.

The general feeling is that the Yorks are the most disliked branch of the family - that is a rather incontestable fact.

I think it’s safe to say...the York’s are the official Everlast Punching Bags to the media and folks online. Rumors and reports have been going on for years and unfortunately it all stuck.

It seems that Beatrice and Eugenie are easily lumped together because while there have indeed been times in which Beatrice's trips were coming up again and again in the media; Eugenie always seems to have received less media attention regarding her holidays (she might travel less - instead concentrating on her job and charity work).

So, to me it seems people are projecting not only her parents' but also her sister's behavior/image on her.

Eugenie gets plenty of her own. Like when she was in Florida they did an article about her out drinking in Miami when she was in Florida as her gallery was running a week long exhibition which she was involved in. Same with LA.

Beatrice is an easier target as they aren't quite sure what she does for a job so they just slant everything. In New York to present an award for the UN? What us reported? Out for drinks with a designer. In Italy for a triathlon for Big Chahge, the charity she helped found? Beach vacation in Italy.

The royal family giving no recognition for their charity work (no I am not suggesting financial but some PR) allows it to get swept under the rug. If not fir the charities themselves and social media we would have little idea of things like Bea's trip to India for eye charity or Eugenie's recent trip.

Given the intense recent press interest in York family doings past and present, it is amazing that Jack's parents have managed to fly under the radar.

This makes me wonder who is paying public relations people to keep their names out of the press, and who is paying PR people to keep their names in, with mixed results.

Last edited:
Given the intense recent press interest in York family doings past and present, it is amazing that Jack's parents have managed to fly under the radar.

This makes me wonder who is paying public relations people to keep their names out of the press, and who is paying PR people to keep their names in, with mixed results.

It's not surprising to me. Unless they have embarrassing criminal records or they're ringing up the morning talk shows to give a saucy tell-all about E&J, there just won't be the interest there. Eugenie is too far from the throne and Jack won't be a HRH after marriage. There's even little interest in the family of non-HRH Tim Laurence and he's married to the daughter of a Queen instead of just a granddaughter. I do think that's a big reason that press is so harsh on wives of Windsor, because they get a HRH upon marriage, where nothing really changes for the married-in men unless they're in Prince Phillip's situation and are married to the direct heir.

Last edited:
I would doubt very much that Jack's family is paying any PR rep to keep their names in or out of the headlines. The Brooksbanks don't seem to have any scandalous relatives, or the Fail would have eagerly broadcast that. They just seem to be a nice, ordinary upper middleclass family with some aristo connections in the past and some money.

And there really isn't that much interest in Jack. If you asked fifty Brits who he was and showed them a photo I don't think that more than three would recognise him or his name, even with the wedding coming up. Jack just appears as a smiling male figure next to Eugenie 9/10s of the time when they are shown in newspapers.

Last edited:
I'm begging the Admin to "shut up" the haters and trollers re: Philip will boycott the wedding ... everyone hates Sarah … York family are freeloaders.

Really?
We know that the breakup of all three marriages were hard for their parents and Andrew and Charles divorces were both public and scandalous. But sensible people move on, grow, change and learn from their pasts.

The BRF seem both sensible and pragmatic like most people. Anyone with half a brain can see that Andrew and his girls are hard workers. Haters and trolls are just that, hateful and vicious. They have learnt nothing.

Really?

People certainly don't like Sarah or Andrwe much..... so yes "really".. and the girls suffer a bit from that, esp since Beatrice at leat never seems to have a steady job..

It makes me wonder if the attitude that is being exhibited towards the York princesses will influence how much access the Sussexes will allow to their kids. They may conclude that they may be setting up their children for negativity if they share their kids with the public via things like picture releases and balcony appearances.

well, you can't have the butter and the money for the butter. either you are an official royal who gets paid a lot for the appearances you do on behalf of the crown and your kids are in the spotlight or your kids aren't and you take a second stage in your public duties and resign your appanage. they won't be able to shield their kids 'because of negativity' just because they want the positives of being part of the RF and not the negatives.

Time to move on. The discussion of the York sisters’ perception in public is getting off topic, and the way the Sussexes will raise their children is completely off topic.

Yippee!! Those of us in the US will be able to watch the wedding on TLC!!

That only works if you have cable etc...lots of folks don't! Me for one! lol

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom