Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to children in the bridal party, it really doesn't matter at all to me who Eugenie has chosen. Its her wedding and her wedding attendants and she's picking who she wants solely for her own personal reason and the public onlookers have no consideration in the matter. If she wanted a friend of hers from NYC's little girl, its her choice. If she wants George and Charlotte, its her choice. If she wanted HM, The Queen and HM consented, that's how it would be. :D

Won't be long now and I'm at the point that I'll take whatever I can as far as viewing this wedding. I just hope that its the best possible one for Eugenie and Jack.

Already confirmed who will br bridal children?

No. And for anyone who is set on the so called leak, I remember all the leaked versions of Meghan and Harrys. It may be true, but honestly it seems media jumping at any rumors. Will have to wait till day.

There was an official notification from KP about three days before the May wedding of who would be in the bridal party. This wedding might be the same, (from BP.)

There was an official notification from KP about three days before the May wedding of who would be in the bridal party. This wedding might be the same, (from BP.)
The reason for the Sussex wedding to wait until 3 days before was for all the children to be on British soil. Not an issue for Eugenie based on all the current speculation. They can issue that announcement anytime they want.

Yeah, the week of the wedding I'm expecting announcements for the Order of Service, wedding party and any other miscellaneous details. Also we may see a press release about how Eugenie will be addressed early on the 12th (most likely HRH Princess Eugenie, Mrs Jack Brooksbank).

Will this wedding be in the CC, at this point I can't tell?

Last edited:
Personally, I see the answer to this question in the entitlement and fight with Charles that Edward, the current Duke of York has waged for himself and his daughters to be full fledged Royals, as in Capital R-HRH-type. More so than the difference in gender - although the fairy tale Prince and his bride story around Harry and Meghan does have the gender element you mention. Charles has enlisted Harry (who seems he would be rather happy not to) among working Royals.

Charles has said he wishes, I think wisely, to streamline and downsize the group of working Royals. Neither Edward, nor this particular daughter seems willing to accept that decision.

Charles and Andrew have both denied that they are feuding.
(Edward, Charles' youngest sibling, also has two children-Lady Louise and James,Viscount Severn.)

The future streamlining of the working Royals has been written about extensively but there has never been any sort of official announcement to that effect.

Harry is one the next monarch's two children, not odd that he is expected to be a full-time Royal.

Eugenie has never given any indication that she wants to trade in her current life for one of being a full-time working Royal-but she is an HRH and has been since the moment of her birth.

Mostly tabloid rumor and innuendo to stir things up and steer a narrative.

Everything is going as its supposed to go. Right now what we're going to witness is a royal wedding of a princess of the royal blood to the man she loves.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the monarchy, full time or part time working royals or the shape of things to come in the future. There is a separation of those in the family that work for the "Firm" and those that are members of the Queen's immediate family.

This is a family wedding and what it boils down to is that Eugenie is the Queen's granddaughter and as I see it, HM loves and treasures *all* of her grandchildren (and great grandchildren) and strives to treat them all equally within the family fold.

The importance in status and position and rank and file do not apply here as with any wedding, the main focus is on the bride and the groom and their day that starts their lives together as husband and wife. Its a time of happiness and joy and a time for celebration.

Of course we're going to see the traditional order of precedence observed at the arrival of the royal family where the Queen is always the last to enter and be seated before the bridal processional and the Queen is the first to exit the chapel after the bridal recessional and I'm sure that Eugenie and Jack will perform a beautiful bow and curtsy to HM before they leave the chapel. Some things are just the way things are.

The big difference, I think too, with this wedding is that it will be breaking traditions having Sarah, Duchess of York seated side by side with her ex-husband among the royal family. This, to me, shows that Andrew and Sarah's determination to remain a united family even though divorced is recognized and embraced. The parents should sit together as it was the both of them that were instrumental in raising Eugenie to the point of being a woman comfortable in her own skin, adapting to an adult life that she has chosen and is taking her big step in choosing a partner to walk with her side by side through life.

Its going to be a wonderful and joyous day for everyone involved and I'm looking forward to this wedding just as much as I look forward to any royal wedding. Ahhh... make that *any* wedding. :D

Do you think there will be an arch of flowers around the doors of St. George's Chapel?

The York’s have always displayed family unity, so it is fitting that Beatrice will be supporting her younger sister, Eugenie. It’s not surprising that proud parents, Andrew & Sarah want the best for their child on her very special day. Hopefully Eugenie & Jack & everyone supporting them will have a joyous day!

Now we just have to get Beatrice married...then we will get to see another Royal Wedding!

LaRae

The big difference, I think too, with this wedding is that it will be breaking traditions having Sarah, Duchess of York seated side by side with her ex-husband among the royal family. This, to me, shows that Andrew and Sarah's determination to remain a united family even though divorced is recognized and embraced. The parents should sit together as it was the both of them that were instrumental in raising Eugenie to the point of being a woman comfortable in her own skin, adapting to an adult life that she has chosen and is taking her big step in choosing a partner to walk with her side by side through life.

Its going to be a wonderful and joyous day for everyone involved and I'm looking forward to this wedding just as much as I look forward to any royal wedding. Ahhh... make that *any* wedding. :D
It may be the first time that divorced ROYAL parents have sat next to each other - but both Diana's divorced parents and Sarah's sat together at their weddings - with the step-mothers and -fathers out in the congregation apart from the families.

No. And for anyone who is set on the so called leak, I remember all the leaked versions of Meghan and Harrys. It may be true, but honestly it seems media jumping at any rumors. Will have to wait till day.

But I haven't seen any other leaked versions for Eugenie's wedding, just that one.
So that is the reason I expect it is true, since nobody has denied it.

(Also some one mentioned that Charles and Andrew have both denied any feud, but then, they are hardly likely to admit it, are they??)

The media wants George and Charlotte because they sell newspapers and tabloids.

The media wants George and Charlotte because they sell newspapers and tabloids.

and may help with the TV deal.

I dont expect G&C to be attendants but the possibility is better for a TV deal which Andrew had been actively brokering.

i expenct Tindalls and Phillps children and Maud Windsor - and then kinds of friends of the couple.

Usually children have not attended royal weddings unless a part of the wedding, i wonder if this may be the exception - would be great to see the other royal kids attending.

I also think - it would be a good thing for G&C to attend WITHOUT being in the wedding - to see their cousins getting the attention.

and may help with the TV deal.

I dont expect G&C to be attendants but the possibility is better for a TV deal which Andrew had been actively brokering.

i expenct Tindalls and Phillps children and Maud Windsor - and then kinds of friends of the couple.

Usually children have not attended royal weddings unless a part of the wedding, i wonder if this may be the exception - would be great to see the other royal kids attending.

I also think - it would be a good thing for G&C to attend WITHOUT being in the wedding - to see their cousins getting the attention.
Id say if they're not part of the wedding, they wotn be there. children get bored at weddings.....

Since Eugenie did a reading at Peter Phillips' wedding surely it would only be decent to have one of his daughters in the bridal party. Maud Windsor, if she really is E's godchild, is surely a definite but I think the jury is out on G and C. Robbie Williams daughter I think will be a bridesmaid purely because it is such a random name that there must be some truth in it.

We have no idea if it’s breaking traditions or not. We don’t know where Princess Anne and Mark Phillips or Princess Margaret and The Earl of Snowdon were seated at their children’s weddings.
People are going on about Andrew and Sarah like there has never been a divorced couple marrying their kids in the BRF:rolleyes:.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-wedding-dresses-for-short-chubby-brides

Hope there will be flowers everywhere! Won't let me post in the wedding dress section; my favourite designers were HARTNELL and Catherine WALKER. I have a feeling the Bride will hear high heel court shoes rather than flats! I had a dream the dress was white heavy duchess satin; probably turn out to be a Jane AUSTEN dress now!!

Last edited:
But I haven't seen any other leaked versions for Eugenie's wedding, just that one.

(Also some one mentioned that Charles and Andrew have both denied any feud, but then, they are hardly likely to admit it, are they??)

The Royal Family rarely bothers to deny most tabloid stories-they just ignore it.

(Also some one mentioned that Charles and Andrew have both denied any feud, but then, they are hardly likely to admit it, are they?)

Why would they say anything :ermm: No need to deny or confirm it. Haven't we realized long ago the royaks rarely feel obliged to clarify rumors.

Of course there hasn't been the same talk. There isn't as much press's interest. They go with what stories draw in readers. Eugenie having George and Charlotte not exciting. Taking them over the coals for cost another matter.

It's a private wedding, no need to confirm or deny anything.

Looks like @GrenadierGds - in their bearskin caps - will be doing much of the military ceremonials for #royalwedding2 next week. Makes sense given Princess Eugenie's dad @TheDukeOfYork is Colonel of the Grenadier Guards (he took over from Duke of Edinburgh in 2017)

Via Chris Ship Twitter

I wonder where he got this info from, I haven't seen any details about military involvement from the RF or on the Army website? Maybe it's from a potential press release for this week.

I am quite surprised that ITV have decided to broadcast the wedding. I still believe the ratings will be very low.

Don't forget that people will have a look just to see the outfits…. specially of Meghan, Kate etc...

I'm just wondering about Sarah, I can see her sitting with Andrew and Beatrice, but I can't see her sitting among all the senior royals waiting for Andrew and Beatrice to join her. I think that would be nerve wracking and uncomfortable.

Meh. Ratings will be what they are. I am glad it will be broadcasted. Those who want to see it will get the chance to. I am happy for Eugenie. I can't believe is next week.

I'm just wondering about Sarah, I can see her sitting with Andrew and Beatrice, but I can't see her sitting among all the senior royals waiting for Andrew and Beatrice to join her. I think that would be nerve wracking and uncomfortable.

I dint see why it would be nerve wracking. She has been around them at things like ascot. It's not the first time she has seen the family since the divorce. While I doubt she will be seated next to Philip or Charles, I don't see any nerves for her. She recently attended Harrys wedding and while not sitting with the family, it was similar. She will be too busy being the proud mom anyways.

I think ITV knows that viewers want to see who is there. It has been touted as a celebrity-laden event.

And they might also be betting on the fact that The Queen is more popular than ever, and people might just want to tune in and see her.

:previous:

I think people will tune in to see parts of it, but only us die-hards will watch the entire thing! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom