Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is in the article that Rudolph posted. The writer says that ITV has rights to the wedding but that not airing it live. They are airing it in clips on the morning show that is covering it.

Eh, if they have the rights to broadcast but aren't airing it live that's fine by me. Channel 7 in Australia is airing it live with cameras inside the chapel. I already found my VPN to watch it in case the British channels aren't showing it so I guess I'm set.

Last edited:
Eh, if they have the rights to broadcast but aren't airing it live that's fine by me. Channel 7 in Australia is airing it live with cameras inside the chapel. I already found my VPN to watch it in case the British channels aren't showing it so I guess I'm set.

Are they airing the actual wedding itself or just the arrivals and carriage procession? I find it strange that they would air it but the UK won't when she is their princess. Either way it seems we will see it in some form.

Lets hope someone in Australia will post the full service on youtube then as I would rather watch nothing than watch bits and pieces.

Are they airing the actual wedding itself or just the arrivals and carriage procession? I find it strange that they would air it but the UK won't when she is their princess. Either way it seems we will see it in some form.

This is the ad they keeping showing on TV.
Also I was watching a little video on Twitter with Victoria Arbiter contributing with royal news and the host said Channel 7 would be covering the wedding live.

I don’t know why the coverage of this wedding is treated like rocket science. The royals have their own media outlets. They have YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. They can broadcast the wedding LIVE on those sites. They don’t have to bend over backwards to get the BBC, ITV and others to air it.

This is the ad they keeping showing on TV.
Also I was watching a little video on Twitter with Victoria Arbiter contributing with royal news and the host said Channel 7 would be covering the wedding live.

Well covering it and airing it fully live is not necessarily the same thing.

I assume "Good Morning" on ITV will be live there and just cutting back and forth from the studio? Chris Ship made it seem on his show that they would be inside the chapel as well.

It is clear that the day will be covered though and still hoping the official YouTube will just stream it.

I'll be watching Channel 7 here in Oz. What's fascinated me is that they say THEY are going to have cameras inside St George's and yet there's no sign as far as I can tell that the Channel will be sending a commentating team, with backup crew, over to Windsor. Anyway, all will be revealed in less than a fortnight I suppose.

Eugenie gave the reading at Peter and Autumn's wedding, so I would think that Savannah and/or Isla would be strong candidates for the wedding party.

I really think the bridal party will consist of the children whose names have already been leaked:
George and Charlotte, Maud Windsor, Theodora Williams, and Ines and Louis Givenchy.

Then Beatrice as MoH, and Thomas Brooksbank as Best Man.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't pick George and Charlotte. While it would be nice to have a royal flower girl and page boy at the wedding of a British princess, I hope they give other children in the royal family the chance to participate in a royal wedding (Savannah and/or Isla and Maud seem a fine combination with some evidence that Eugenie is relatively close to their parents - had Harry had children, I'd like to think they would have been included as he seems the cousin she is closest to).

Also a child from Ferguson family and a child from Brooksbank family would be nice.
Will the list of bridal children be officially released before?

Wedding Parade - Security costs

Just saw a very interesting debate in Good morning Britain. They made a valid point that why is everyone antagonizing Eugenie's wedding when the same people glorified Harry's. Sure, Harry is the son and brother of future kings but he isn't the future king himself. Seeing how this world works, after Willam's Ascension to the throne, Harry's family will be constantly compared to he older brother's at every moment of life. Coming back to Eugenie, I don't understand why people mock her and her sister. They're Windsors by birth, they're also Queen's grandchildren. It is because they're girls? monarchy tends to prefer it's male children over female. Apart from everything, Eugenie is still a girl who like everyone wants her wedding to be special.

Personally, I see the answer to this question in the entitlement and fight with Charles that Edward, the current Duke of York has waged for himself and his daughters to be full fledged Royals, as in Capital R-HRH-type. More so than the difference in gender - although the fairy tale Prince and his bride story around Harry and Meghan does have the gender element you mention. Charles has enlisted Harry (who seems he would be rather happy not to) among working Royals.

Charles has said he wishes, I think wisely, to streamline and downsize the group of working Royals. Neither Edward nor this particular daughter seems willing to accept that decision.

So, there's this article from Cosmopolitan magazine:
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/a23505414/petition-make-royals-pay-eugenie-wedding-bill/
While only 6000 have signed the petition to have the York non-working royal family members carry the financial burden of their added, perhaps extravagant, wedding parade, I sympathize and feel this would give Eugenie and her father a clear head's up on where the boundary of their status stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also a child from Ferguson family and a child from Brooksbank family would be nice.

I think they usually confirm them ahead of time.

I really think the bridal party will consist of the children whose names have already been leaked:
George and Charlotte, Maud Windsor, Theodora Williams, and Ines and Oliver Givenchy.

Then Beatrice as MoH, and Thomas Brooksbank as Best Man.

Won't they include Mia, Savannah and Ilsa?

For sure! I just don't know who that could be.

Well, a three hour Good Morning show on ITV is better than nothing. That should encompass the arrivals, guests etc, ceremony and carriage ride, up to the departure of everyone to the reception. Channel 7 here will obviously be screening from the ITV coverage.

Personally, I see the answer to this question in the entitlement and fight with Charles that Edward, the current Duke of York has waged for himself and his daughters to be full fledged Royals, as in Capital R-HRH-type. ...
Charles has said he wishes, I think wisely, to streamline and downsize the group of working Royals. Neither Edward nor this particular daughter seems willing to accept that decision....
I think you mean Andrew who is the Duke of York.
Edward is the Earl of Wessex, he’s the Queen’s third son and he chose to not style his children as Prince/Princess.

Fergied may be sitting with the royals as a courtesy for the wedding.

In other words: Sarah may be sitting on the bride's family's side...yes, i wouldn't be surprised if that happened :flowers:

Personally, I see the answer to this question in the entitlement and fight with Charles that Edward, the current Duke of York has waged for himself and his daughters to be full fledged Royals, as in Capital R-HRH-type.

Andrew, the Duke of York is a fully fledged royal. He is the second son of the reigning monarch, he carries out over 400 Royal duties each year, is patron of numerous organisations and has roles in all three armed services.

Like most, I’m not keen on George and Charlotte in the bridal party, for the simple reason that we’ve seen them in a bridal party quite a few times already. Also I don’t think Eugenia is close to William and Kate.

I do expect Maud Windsor, and I hope we’d see either Savannah or Isla Philips and James Wessex. As also someone from her maternal family or some children of friends

I think you mean Andrew who is the Duke of York.
Edward is the Earl of Wessex, he’s the Queen’s third son and he chose to not style his children as Prince/Princess.

Yes IM sure thats' who is meant... And i woud not say that Eugenie particularly wants to be a working Princess....but it is possible that Andrew wants his girls to be part of the working RF...

ITV have confirmed they will be broadcasting arrivals and departures for the wedding. Nothing inside.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...cess-Eugenies-wedding-Eamonn-Holmes-host.html

ITV’s This Morning has stepped in at the 11th hour to make Andrew’s dream come true, and will cover the wedding live from Windsor on Friday, October 12.

Called This Morning At The Royal Wedding, the show will be hosted by regular Friday presenters Ruth Langsford and Eamonn Holmes.

It is expected to run for around three hours from around 10am, giving viewers a chance to see glamorous guests arriving, and climaxing with Eugenie leaving the chapel in her wedding gown.

Last edited:
:previous: I didn't expect the wedding to be filmed inside like Harry and Meghan's and William and Catherine's were since Eugenie and Jack's wedding isn't on the same scale of interest, though I'm glad that us royal watchers can get a glimpse of the guests arriving and leaving the church!

I am so happy that a deal was made. It will be so sweet to see Princess Eugenie and Prince Andrew enter the chapel together. I'm sure he will be beaming with pride. Plus, it will be her first tiara moment!!

It will be so lovely to see Princess Eugenie and Jack have a kiss and carriage ride outside.

ITV have confirmed they will be broadcasting arrivals and departures for the wedding. Nothing inside.

Where has it been said that nothing will be shown inside, I haven't seen anything about that yet? When they say climaxing with the departure of the couple I see it as meaning 'ending' instead of the high point, so there has to be something in between the start and the end. And why would there be a special program for three hours with nothing inside, ITV would definitely be crazy to broadcast it,.

Last edited:
Already confirmed who will br bridal children?

Where has it been said that nothing will be shown inside, I haven't seen anything about that yet? When they say climaxing with the departure of the couple I see it as meaning 'ending' instead of the high point, so there has to be something in between the start and the end. And why would there be a special program for three hours with nothing inside, ITV would definitely be crazy to broadcast it,.

Why announce that they're broadcasting it, but not announce they're broadcasting the whole thing? That makes little sense to me.

I'd be very surprised if they had cameras inside, if people inside Windsor Castle are only listening to a radio broadcast, why would we at home get the whole thing?

Already confirmed who will br bridal children?

Nope, no change from yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom