Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What tiara do you think Princess Eugenie will wear? I think the York tiara is beautiful. But I hope she wears the Strathmore Rose tiara.

I believe Eugenie is Maud's godmother so I do expect Maud to be in the wedding party. I'm expecting perhaps Mia, Savannah, Ilsa ...maybe George and Charlotte. Not sure on the Cambridge kids. Eugenie has never seemed overly close with the Cambridges like she has been with Harry.

I like some of the teaware and also the crystal drink tumbler but not sure if I will get any or not.

LaRae

What tiara do you think Princess Eugenie will wear? I think the York tiara is beautiful. But I hope she wears the Strathmore Rose tiara.

I am about 99 percent sure she will wear the York tiara. She and her mother are close ...even her engagement ring is similar to Sarahs in style.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
You are probably right. I just think it would be lovely to see her in the Strathmore Rose. Especially, since she resembles the Queen mother in her youth so much.

I hope the wedding will be shown in the states. But I think I'm pushing my luck there.

I hope the wedding will be shown in the states. But I think I'm pushing my luck there.

If ITV has the go ahead to be inside the chapel, perhaps it will work out like it did for the Sussex wedding. One media feed inside the chapel with other affiliates sharing it. ITV could allow the YouTube royal channel to stream it.

That would be one way I think those of us in the States could catch everything about this wedding. Hopefully we will have announcements soon on what's what. ?

What I have observed on social media in general, there seem to be two groups

1. People who hate the Yorks and will always say nasty things about them.
2. People who hate all royals and always say nasty things about all royals and how expensive they are.

And then you have general trolls who are just being nasty to stir things up.

Spot on!!!

Fingers crossed that it will streamed on the YouTube channel.

Do you think Princess Beatrice will serve as the maid of honor? Similar to Pippa in Kate's wedding?

You are probably right. I just think it would be lovely to see her in the Strathmore Rose. Especially, since she resembles the Queen mother in her youth so much.

It's been said that the S.R. is not in good condition but who knows.

I don't think it will be shown on TV here...but I am thinking you can access it online from here.

LaRae

I do think Beatrice will be her maid of honor.

LaRae

Do you think Princess Beatrice will serve as the maid of honor? Similar to Pippa in Kate's wedding?

I do think Beatrice will be her maid of honour as the sisters seem to be very close.

I still think Maud Windsor will be a flower girl as she's reportedly Eugenie's god daughter. I also really hope (and I may be in a minority here) that George and Charlotte aren't in the wedding party. As soon as they are then the focus will be taken away from Eugenie and Jack. If other Windsor relatives are included then I hope it's the Phillips girls or even James, Viscount Severn.

George and Charlotte were in the bridal party of aunt Meghan and Sophie Carter (their mum's school friend) this year; let's give this chance to other children now.

I just heard that...fingers crossed.

LaRae

Where can I see ITV in the US?

The memorabilia for the wedding is very pretty! I'm considering in getting myself the tin of shortbreads as I have been a bit of a memorabilia collector since Prince George's birth (it runs in my family it seems since I have a 1936 coronation plate that my grandmother owned, and a Prince Charles and Princess Diana wedding tin that my mother owns). I'm surprised there's not a wedding mug in the collection - a tankard seems a little odd.

:lol:

Those shortbread cookies look yummy! The memorabilia is very pretty.

Maybe it will be on youtube. I am hoping it is.

When will Royal Mint release a special commemorative coin to celebrate Jack and Eugenie?

I'm not sure if they will...haven't heard anything about it.

LaRae

I don't get the separated ones. I can't imagine people will be lining up to buy a solo monogrammed Jack coffee mug.
I didn't see separate items - just those with "E" on one side and "J" on the other.

Well if ITV is airing it then it will be seen. I am glad they got the right and still hope the official royal family channel will stream it.

I believe Eugenie is Maud's godmother so I do expect Maud to be in the wedding party. I'm expecting perhaps Mia, Savannah, Ilsa ...maybe George and Charlotte. Not sure on the Cambridge kids.

LaRae

Eugenie gave the reading at Peter and Autumn's wedding, so I would think that Savannah and/or Isla would be strong candidates for the wedding party.

:yorkrose:

I also believe George, Charlotte, Maud and Savannah make the kid party, maybe also Mia.
Tiara: Sarah's

Designer: I hope Vivienne Westwood

Veil: I find veils to be very important for the whole look. Kates and Dianas were romantic, while Sophies and Meghans were like mosquito nets. :D I also loved Infanta Cristinas and Queen Letizias veil, something like those.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4b/5b/57/4b5b57123e29c41e67e644691528f2c2.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a3/34/ce/a334cea441ecb49172101e84814ca7b7.jpg

I'm ambivalent about broadcasting, I don't mind it, but also wouldn't be heartbroken if it wasn't.

Last edited:
If ITV has the rights Im sure there will "some" licensing to US - i would assume not one of the majors - but maybe a cable channel to offset the costs. Another possibility is britbox ... im hoping. if live US viewing is possible, I will have a slumber party (becoming a tradition) to watch the event.

The bridal party may not be all royals and royal friends, like the Cambridge. Eugenie has young family in her mothers side and Jack may have. At their age they likely have friends with kids as well. Maude is a given for me, and perhaps one of Anne's granddaughters but I would be surprised to see all.

I don't think there will be a commerative coin for the York wedding. As ninth in line to the throne Eugenie was not required to get the queen's permission to marry Jack, so no Instrument of Consent to be issued.

The wedding china is nice and the way the monograms are designed it confirms Jack is not getting a royal title. As for a noble title I don't think it's fair in terms of work. Jack recently got a job promotion to Brand Manager for Casas Amigos. Women who marry into the BRF and take titles are expected to give up their careers while men don't.

The cost of security picked up by taxpayers is still an issue with a petition going around. I hope police work out something with petitioners so it doesn't become protesters holding ugly signs along the carriage ride route.

So ITV not airing the actual wedding but will be showing clips. I guess this better than nothing.

Of course the queen is not going to boot her out when her daughter is getting married.. and she has been friendly to Fergie for the past few years and welcoemed her more. But I don't think she is 'back in the royal fold" except as a courtesty

Fergied may be sitting with the royals as a courtesy for the wedding.

How do we know they are just showing clips?

It is in the article that Rudolph posted. The writer says that ITV has rights to the wedding but that not airing it live. They are airing it in clips on the morning show that is covering it.

It is in the article that Rudolph posted. The writer says that ITV has rights to the wedding but that not airing it live. They are airing it in clips on the morning show that is covering it.

Don't see the point in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom