Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal bride-to-be Princess Eugenie is on the cover of our October issue, which is now available to purchase and download at pocketmags.com. #royal

Pic

Eugenie makes the cover of Majesty Magazine

No...both US and UK and AUS channels announced they were sending teams and covering the wedding beginning in March for the Sussex wedding.
I can’t remember the Aus, but the US channels were known to go with extensive coverage from the get go. It’s a matter of announcing the logistics later (how many would actually go, which for a lot ended up being most of the team). IIRC, PBS was actually one of the last ones, if not the last, to announce final details about type and coverage team. There was never a question about whether it’ll be televise. That was known the day after the announcement at the BP briefing.

Most channels in AUS would still cover it to some extent. A Aussie royal reporter said on the first Royal Rota is that it’ll be covered as news, but not special programming.

Last edited:
I was there with bells on for Harry and Meghan and I will be for Eugenie/Jack ...Royal weddings are like ice cream or pizza....there is no such thing as a bad one!:lol:;)

Seriously why all this controversy about cost and coverage and competition? I just want to WATCH ANOTHER ROYAL WEDDING dammit :bang:

Swiss Members?

I will be in Switzerland on October 12. Any ideas on where to watch? The house we rent has limited channels, but maybe I can do something with my iPad. Thanks!

I can understand Canadian citizens being vastly interested as the BR are part of their culture and government, but actually nothing generally to American citizens.

No, most Canadians aren't vastly interested in the BRF...that's just me. :)

That being said, Canadians probably do know about the royal family than Americans. I've had friends mention Prince William and Harry and even their ex-girlfriends like Chelsy Davey...and someone mention Beatrice and Eugenie's attire at William and Kate's wedding...

My age group is the same as the younger generation of royals, so maybe that's partly why. I am sure few people my age know who Edward is, for example.

I am curious to see if the wedding will be covered in Canada - has anyone heard or seen any news?

My entry card for the wedding of HRH Princess Eugenie of York arrived today. Only a few weeks to go now & I’ll be in the grounds of #WindsorCastle watching the whole @RoyalFamily arrive for the special occasion #excited #cannotwait #RoyalWedding2018

Pic

Via Emma Wilson Twitter

Last edited:
Oh that's wonderful news, Rudolph!! Know that all of us here will probably be watching and scanning the crowd outside St. George's Chapel knowing one of us it there.

How 'bout carrying a *huge* sign saying "Hello TRF!!!" :D

ETA: Old eyes and lack of caffeine strikes again. Rudolph kindly has pointed out that it isn't *his* entry card but rather was posting a Twitter. I need my eyes examined. Badly. :lol:

Last edited:
My entry card for the wedding of HRH Princess Eugenie of York arrived today. Only a few weeks to go now & I’ll be in the grounds of #WindsorCastle watching the whole @RoyalFamily arrive for the special occasion #excited #cannotwait #RoyalWedding2018

Pic

Via Emma Wilson Twitter

Thank you for sharing, Rudolph! I hope you have a fantastic time - don't forget to share your experiences and photos here with TRF ?

Rudolph has posted a note from someone's Twitter account... he is not attending himself.

Pic

Via Emma Wilson Twitter

Rudolph, I hope you have a good time and don’t forget to give a proper royal wave to the royal party upon arrival and departure.

That’s the entry card for a person named Emma Wilson. It was posted on my Twitter timeline. Sorry for the confusion. I just wanted to show people what the entry card looks like.

Last edited:
I would see no problem with the wedding being broadcast on television, but I would expect public interest in the wedding to be considerably lower than that of either the Cambridges or Sussexes.

Honestly, while I have always had an interest in the York girls I can't see why this wedding would be televised. I just can't imagine that much interest in Eugenie's wedding. Now, I can definitely see the comings and going being taped, and the carriage ride but everything else ….No.

Its a vastly different time from when Alexandra of Kent married.

Vastly different.

If ITV are going to broadcast this wedding they had better announce it soon. There's only about three weeks to go!

Well the wedding is in 3 weeks. So whatever broadcast plans are happening they should announce it fairly soon. I still think streaming it on the Royal Family YouTube is the best option.

If ITV are going to broadcast this wedding they had better announce it soon. There's only about three weeks to go!

I don't think they are goig to. Its almot zero interest in the UK.. only devoted royal watchers are likely to want to see the whole thing. Even with royals I like, I have always found royal wedding coverage far too long and off putting....
I think with Eugenie, she'll get some people turning up... and if the wedding were televised, some people would watch it because it is there, but not that many....

The broadcast issue is still raging three weeks out. BBC and Sky is just running the wedding over the news services ; no live broadcast of the wedding. And this guy is mad
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ghan-Markle-BBC-televised-Jack-Brooksbank/amp

The only way BBC and Sky will run this wedding live if there is enough public pressure. ITV is in the position to get the broadcast rights real cheap if they are the only game in town.

Its almot zero interest in the UK.. only devoted royal watchers are likely to want to see the whole thing.

That’s quite a contradiction there. You can’t say there’s zero interest and then say people want to watch it. Just because people who like royals want to watch the wedding, doesn’t put them in a separate category to others.

I know plenty of non royal watchers who would like to watch the wedding.

That’s quite a contradiction there. You can’t say there’s zero interest and then say people want to watch it. Just because people who like royals want to watch the wedding, doesn’t put them in a separate category to others.

I know plenty of non royal watchers who would like to watch the wedding.

I agree. There are also people who just like weddings. If so many people didn’t like weddings there wouldn’t be so many TV shows devoted to them and their elements.

I find it interesting that an Aussie network is advertising that they will have the only cameras inside the chapel. Does that really mean that we will be the only ones able to watch it live via our TVs or ... does that mean that there will be a live feed but no one else has committed to picking it up??

There we go! Viewing party at Iluvbertie's!! I'll bring the rhinestone tiaras!! :hiding:

Either The Royal YouTube Channel or ITV. It’s not rocket science.

ITV have said there’ll be coverage. Emily Nash just asked former Mirror royal correspondent, Victoria Murphy, if she’s ‘coming back’ for the wedding and she said yes. She’s coming back for some TV.

I think that’s all the evidence we need.

Last edited:
It's an old news but I saw it yesterday. When Prince Andrew tried to have a deal with BBC to cover Eugenie's wedding. But BBC said nope. Pointing out that the Yorks aren't popular amongst people as Wales/Cambridge/Sussex family

It's an old news but I saw it yesterday. When Prince Andrew tried to have a deal with BBC to cover Eugenie's wedding. But BBC said nope. Pointing out that the Yorks aren't popular amongst people as Wales/Cambridge/Sussex family

All complete hearsay.

I find it interesting that an Aussie network is advertising that they will have the only cameras inside the chapel. Does that really mean that we will be the only ones able to watch it live via our TVs or ... does that mean that there will be a live feed but no one else has committed to picking it up??

Why are the Australians seemingly the most interested in this wedding? Could it be because Sarah's sister lives there? It does seem odd for them to say they will have the only cameras there.

There were high TV ratings in May, by Aussie standards, (only quite a small population you know) in May for Harry/Meghan's nuptials, and Channel 7 won. There was a fair amount of interest then in all aspects of the wedding and maybe Channel 7 is hoping to strike it lucky once more. There's not the interest in the Yorks here though, so I doubt it.

There we go! Viewing party at Iluvbertie's!! I'll bring the rhinestone tiaras!! :hiding:

Unfortunately folks I won't be watching it as I will be in hospital or rehab (depending on how the surgery goes next week - assuming the NBN can actually connect my phone so I can contact the hospital and my doctor about the surgery - NBN connected on Tuesday and they activated the internet but forgot to activate the phone line ... can you believe it????)

I am having a knee replacement next week - and have no idea what internet access I will have or what TV access I will have. It seems like the rehab has a communal TV but not necessarily TVs in the rooms.

Why are the Australians seemingly the most interested in this wedding? Could it be because Sarah's sister lives there? It does seem odd for them to say they will have the only cameras there.

I don't know that Aussies are that interested. I doubt if most Aussies even know who Eugenie is and even fewer would remember that Sarah's sister lives here.

This is Channel 7 who are promoting themselves as 'The Royal Network' at the moment in the lead up to Harry and Meghan's tour. This is as much about positioning themselves as the 'go to' network for the tour as anything else as they have scheduled a number of royal documentaries - one this Sunday night which on an IQ box has a 'series link' capability suggesting that if you record the one on Sunday night it will automatically record the others.

If people are used to going to one network to get 'royal' stories before October they may stick to that one for the tour and that means money from advertisers etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom