Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Carriage ride is not the same as Harry and Meghan but like Edward and Sophie. The Long Walk route is out. The split screen would have been bad.

Lady Percy got married on a Saturday so more people could come out. I still think Friday is not good if they wanted crowds and there is no bank holiday.

Windsor is a small-scale city and always looks pretty busy because of that. Wedding or no wedding. The impressive mediaeval castle is a must-see. By the way: the more intimate scale of the weddings of the Prince of Wales and the Earl of Wessex looked more befitting the magic venue than the almost festival-like crowd for the Sussexes, but that is my personal opinion.

I wonder if The Grosvenors especially the duke of westminster Hugh got an invite to the royal wedding

Is the wedding going to be televised?

We don't know but on Sunrise on Channel 7 last week they said they would be the only Australia network showing it - what they are showing we don't know but Channel 7 say they will be showing it.

It was just announced on Channel 7 in Australia that they will be broadcasting the wedding from 7pm Sydney time on the 12th October. I believe this would make it 10am Uk time.

We don't know but on Sunrise on Channel 7 last week they said they would be the only Australia network showing it - what they are showing we don't know but Channel 7 say they will be showing it.

Thanks, I'd really like to see it, they make a very sweet couple

Just saw them say they have the only cameras inside !!! Bonus if they pull it off but I can’t believe it

Well take it with a grain of salt as always but Daily Mail says Andrew was in talks with BBC to air it but they declined. ITV still in talks. Chris Ship kind of hinted at this on his web series. They wouldn't confirm it would be aired on TV as a whole but they seemed to think it being streamed was a high possiblity. Here is the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ue-Eugenie-ratings-flop-wedding-BBC-snub.html

Last edited:
Well take it with a grain of salt as always but Daily Mail says Andrew was in talks with BBC to air it but they declined. ITV still in talks. Chris Ship kind of hinted at this on his web series. They wouldn't confirm it would be aired on TV as a whole but they seemed to think it being streamed was a high possiblity. Here is the article.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ue-Eugenie-ratings-flop-wedding-BBC-snub.html

Yeah, I'm not so keen on trusting DM when it comes to Eugenie's wedding. First, they 'leaked' an invitation that seems not be hers after the Vanity Fair one came out, and then they reported that 850 guests were invited, which is just preposterous since the chapel only seats 800.

Also, how many viewers easy acceptable to BBC. Unless 10-20 million people watch the Commonwealth Day Service, which they air, it can't be that high.
But even if the British don't broadcast it, I guess i'll stream it through the Australians!

Even if just one network has a camera in there it’ll be picked up by affiliates and the like. At the very least the royal family YouTube channel will carry it.

I’m so happy they got a large number of applications for tickets. No problem at all with 1200 people. The household received over 100,000 requests.

The Fail article is pretty rough. BBC turned down the broadcast rights because they think the wedding will tank in the ratings?

Even if just one network has a camera in there it’ll be picked up by affiliates and the like. At the very least the royal family YouTube channel will carry it.

I’m so happy they got a large number of applications for tickets. No problem at all with 1200 people. The household received over 100,000 requests.

Do you believe the number? It's laughable. Well, they should have invited those 100K to the long walk.

Do you believe the number? It's laughable. Well, they should have invited those 100K to the long walk.

I don’t see why the number is laughable. Why would BP lie about it? Everyone loves a wedding, especially a royal wedding. I think people should realise that the tabloid hate against the York’s doesn’t necessarily translate to the public disliking them. They’ve done nothing wrong. Eugenie is a very likeable woman. She has close ties to Windsor. I hope she has a glorious day.

The Fail article is pretty rough. BBC turned down the broadcast rights because they think the wedding will tank in the ratings?

I don’t actually believe the article as written. I don’t think BP shops around to networks to cover royal events. ITV and BBC often compete over royal coverage. The documentary on the Queen and the Commonwealth is an ITV production.

One way or another the wedding is going to been seen. It’s just the details to be worked out.

Last edited by a moderator:

You do realize that this particular route for the carriage ride was announced on July 18, so the press release just regurgitated that information. BP probably wasn't expecting that many people to apply. It would have caused even more public outcry if they added the Long Walk because that means more security, which means more taxpayer money. Also the preparations for the processsion would have already been started by August 8, so it wouldn't have been smart for those plans to abruptly change.

TBH I believe the DM in regards to the BBC coverage. Its a lot of money to air a dedicated 'wedding show', much more likely they would drop in and out of it on the BBC news channel.

TBH I believe the DM in regards to the BBC coverage. Its a lot of money to air a dedicated 'wedding show', much more likely they would drop in and out of it on the BBC news channel.

That's true, I think people would like to see the arrivals and the wedding clothes, but I'm not sure whether the actual ceremony would appeal.

(I remember watching Harry's wedding and the BBC kept cutting away from the arrivals to interview people from the various charities- so annoying!)

Actually, I think royal wedding coverage would be much, much better if they totally eliminated the talking heads. I'd much rather watch the ceremony from processional to recessional than spend a minute gazing at helmet hair and toothy smiles of talking heads. :lol:

If true about the BBC, it's a shame for those of us who like a Royal Wedding. The 1960's were the best for Royal Weddings, Margaret, Alexandra, Katherine Worsley. As well as the 60’s European weddings.

The next BIG LIVE TV one won't be until Prince George, which I'm sure I won't be around for! Could even be St Paul's, 2038, obviously in King Charles reign.

Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis getting a TV Coverage wedding seems plausible.

Low TV Coverage: Don't know if Princess Beatrice, the Sussex children, The Wessex children, will get big TV coverage?

I hope ITV decide to televise Eugenie's wedding, but it's not looking plausible. Princess Beatrice may opt for the Registry Office after all this commotion!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Markles are most definitely off-topic to this thread. Posts about them have been removed.

I don't think it is likely to be televised. There is still some interest in Royal weddings but its not like it used to be. I don't think someone so far down the line as Eugenie will ever be noticed that much, and there will be moaning about the cost of her wedding.. so it is relaly best for such royals to do things very quietly....

It used to be that the only way the public actually "saw" a royal wedding was if it was televised and people gathered around television sets to watch. Hence the popularity of the televised royal weddings that angieuk has pointed out.

I can understand the BBC deeming it unnecessary to televise the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank because, frankly, they're not as much of global household names as Harry and Meghan were in the run up to their wedding.

With the technology available today, I do think its perhaps plausible that the wedding will be streamed for those that wish to watch the pomp and pageantry of it all but I'd be hard pressed to see a television station suspend their daily broadcasting to preempt it with a York wedding.

We'll see what happens. :D

I don't think it is likely to be televised. There is still some interest in Royal weddings but its not like it used to be. I don't think someone so far down the line as Eugenie will ever be noticed that much, and there will be moaning about the cost of her wedding.. so it is relaly best for such royals to do things very quietly....

Eugenie really isn’t ‘so far down the line’. If we want to nick-pic, Harry is closer to Eugenie and Beatrice in the line of succession than he is to his brother.

All the senior royals will be at Eugenie’s wedding as will a host of celebrities and maybe even a foreign royal or two. Chris Ship from ITV keeps repeating there will be cameras. Of course American networks aren’t coming over but they don’t have to. If you have a smartphone, you’ll be able to watch the wedding.

Last edited:
I agree with you Rudolph. Perhaps the pertinent question is "who is going to stream this wedding?".

For Harry and Meghan's wedding, I not only had it on the big screen TV set but also streaming (in two different windows) on my big screen monitor. Then again, I'm nutsoid about these kind of things. :D

Hubby just was watching what I was typing here and he goes "Whose wedding?" I said "Princess Eugenie of York" and his response was "Whoever that is... ". His reaction, I believe, is the generic public interest in this wedding outside of the UK. :whistling:

But in this day and age of news channels and youtube and streaming online I can completely see why the BBC wouldn't want to devote 2-3 hours of their day to broadcasting it. Remember they have said they won't give it its own slot, not that they won't cover arrivals, departures, even scenes from inside if needed on their dedicated news channels, heck they may even stream it live online.
Putting it on BBC 1 or BBC 2 with its own show requires a lot of time and money; studio, lighting, graphics, production team, camera operators, guests, background VTs etc. I think the BBC are simply acknowledging that Eugenie and Jack simply are not famous/well known enough to drive people to sitting down and watching a dedicated show to their wedding.
Yes posters here would love to do that but I know plenty of 'average' British people who just about did that for Harry and Megs wedding and that had been hyped up well beyond this wedding. Taking the opinion of posters here on whether it should be broadcast or not is like asking drinkers in a pub if beer should be banned ;-)
IMO the BBC have done the right thing, the wedding will be there for people to watch if they want to, the BBC will not ignore it but won't make their own show for it, everyone is happy.

EAll the senior royals will be at Eugenie’s wedding as will a host of celebrities and maybe even a foreign royal or two. Chris Ship from ITV keeps repeating there will be cameras. Of course American networks aren’t coming over but they don’t have to. If you have a smartphone, you’ll be able to watch the wedding.

I don't have a smart phone and I don't want to watch the wedding... Not htat I have anything against Eugenie but I am just not that interested, I'll be pleased to see some pictures of her dress...
Hary was televised because he is a working royal, the son of the future King.. who will be a full time royal from now on.... Eug isn't...

Hubby just was watching what I was typing here and he goes "Whose wedding?" I said "Princess Eugenie of York" and his response was "Whoever that is... ". His reaction, I believe, is the generic public interest in this wedding outside of the UK. :whistling:

Good point, Osipi! :flowers:
My sister-in-law has been interested in the BRF for many years, but in a recent tour of BP, she couldn't tell Beatrice from Eugenie in the photos.
They simply haven't been given enough press coverage.

ITV can stream the wedding. Although, my idea is far much more better -Stream the wedding on the Royal YouTube Channel. Trust me when I tell you that there would be tons of viewers, and they’ll be introducing new interest in their YouTube channel.

To me, streaming it on the YouTube channel would be the most logical and best solution. ?

Eugenie really isn’t ‘so far down the line’. If we want to nick-pic, Harry is closer to Eugenie and Beatrice in the line of succession than he is to his brother.

All the senior royals will be at Eugenie’s wedding as will a host of celebrities and maybe even a foreign royal or two. Chris Ship from ITV keeps repeating there will be cameras. Of course American networks aren’t coming over but they don’t have to. If you have a smartphone, you’ll be able to watch the wedding.

I agree though there is a difference. Harry is the son of the future monarch and he is a senior royal. Also while he is 6th in line, the Cambridge kids are small children and can't contribute much at the moment which elevates Harry. It does play a major role in how people see him.

I like Eugenie but outside the UK and hardcore royalist, I don't think there is much interest in her wedding. That said, I still would love for it to be aired (streamed) for all the reasons you listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom