Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a big difference than what normal security would be involved and this added on part. Of course security is on alert and tight when the entire royal family is in one place, but there should be some consideration for public cost in a private event for someone that is a private citizen. Arsenal and U2 do not have the same optics concern the BRF has.

When it comes to having consideration for security costs, I don't think that's how the BRF rolls. They go on the vacations that they want, they have events where several high profile royals are present, etc. and leave it up to the Metropolitan Police and other organizations to figure out how to properly protect the royals and maintain order.

When it comes to having consideration for security costs, I don't think that's how the BRF rolls. They go on the vacations that they want, they have events where several high profile royals are present, etc. and leave it up to the Metropolitan Police and other organizations to figure out how to properly protect the royals and maintain order.

That is indeed how it works. The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay and their son and daughter the Duke and Duchess of Sussex want to spend a week at the Castle of Mey? So be it. It is up to the authorities to ensure that these four high-profile royals can have an undisturbed week indeed.

Princess Eugenie wants to marry and her grandmother offers her residence in Windsor for the event? It is up to the authorities to consider possible security risks and handle these. It is not Princess Eugenie's problem. In an ideal world the local constable guides the traffic and the Princess has a carefree wedding, but already in mediaeval times security was needed. So be it.

Can someone explain to me the issues of the reported Saturday event? It’s a private affair, on private land. I really don’t understand the issue with it.

I will also add that this is all hearsay and nothing is confirmed officially.

You only get married once, if The Queen isn’t saying no why should we?

only get married once? Hardly.....

That is indeed how it works. The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay and their son and daughter The Earl and Countess of Dumbarton want to spend a week at the Castle of Mey? So be it. It is up to the authorities to ensure that these four high-profile royals can have an undisturbed week indeed.

Princess Eugenie wants to marry and her grandmother offers her residence in Windsor for the event? It is up to the authorities to consider possible security risks and handle these. It is not Princess Eugenie's problem. In an ideal world the local constable guides the traffic and the Princess has a carefree wedding, but already in mediaeval times security was needed. So be it.

I am petty, I know :whistling::lol:?:whistling::lol:?:D:D

Just read Princess Eugenie is going to have BIGGER wedding then Prince Harry. BRF just announce something and they'll automatically start comparing people to each other

The police has cars, and uniforms, and mobile radio, and dogs. There will be helicopters in the air. There will be motorcades to guide guests. But it is not specifically bought for Eugenie. The cars or the helicopters or the motorcades are deployed where it is needed. And on that day a few are directed to Windsor to assist at the Wedding. Was there no wedding, the helicopter was deployed somewhere else. The motorcades possibly guided an exceptional transport on the M1. The dogs were maybe used for crowd control at Chelsea FC.

Never believe the prize tag sucked out of editors' thumbs. Use your own common sense. The officer deployed at Eugenie's wedding gets his monthly pay. No matter he was that specific Saturday in Windsor, or in Knightsbridge, or in Swindon. It is just his roll call of the day. Nonsens to glue one day's wage of 100 officers on Eugenie's account. Without that wedding the same officers did something else for the same police budget. It are the democratically elected and controlled authorities who decide so. Not the bride.

Just read Princess Eugenie is going to have BIGGER wedding then Prince Harry. BRF just announce something and they'll automatically start comparing people to each other

Source? The Daily Fail?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid question?

Why is it always people who are not UK citizens who keep poking their noses in UK financial matters in these forums.

There is a recurring pattern i have noticed.

They are the ones who wants to strim down the monarchy
Decide who should be HRH and styled princes or princesses of the UK
Who should have RPOs
who should live where
who should be titled
et al

Jesus let the British people deal with what belongs to them. Your taxes are not paying for it

If you want to have a say, petition your government to institute a monarchy and then as taxpayers you will have a say

I comment often on royal titles and styles, not only of the British RF, but of other RFs as well, because it is a subject I happen to be interested in. The fact that I don't live in a European country doesn't mean that I cannot have a personal opinion on those matters,

The issue with the York wedding is, however, completely different IMHO. I might get in trouble for saying that, but it seems to me that there is a very active group of devout Meghan Markle fans on this forums and elsewhere who have the impression that there is some kind of "competition" going on between Harry/Meghan and Eugenie/Jack to see who gets the "biggest" wedding. Those fans then lash out at Eugenie for what they perceive as an attempt to outdo the Sussexes. On top of that, there is a lot of negative feelings on the part of some posters against Andrew and Sarah, whch spill over to their daughters. All of that is terribly unfair to the girls in my opinion.

Last edited:
:previous: I made a comment earlier about there being two opposition groups, one being those who consider the entire BRF a needless extravagance and those who dislike the Yorks, but after some additional thought (and reading) I determined that there is a third group, it is the subset of Sussex fandom who have issues with Eugenie's wedding not being sufficiently differentiated, or I should say downgraded, from Harry and Meghan's wedding.

If the information about Eugenie's wedding was exactly the same as what has been provided thus far, but Harry and Meghan got married in London with multiple carriages being driven through the city and an appearance on the Buckingham Palace balcony, IMO there would not be concerns about things like the added cost of Eugenie and Jack having a carriage ride through Windsor and not just from the church to the reception site.

Last edited:
I comment often on royal titles and styles, not only of the British RF, but of other RFs as well, because it is a subject I happen to be interested in. The fact that I don't live in a European country doesn't mean that I cannot have a personal opinion on those matters,

That is not what I meant, since I too comment on many subjects

It the financial dimension of things I was refereeing to

Apparently Eugenie has invited 850 to sit in the 800 seat St Georges Chapel. For me this is just too much of an incorrect assumption on the Daily Mails part, to squeeze and extra 50 people into the chapel is absurd. We saw the limited view that most people got for Henry and Meghans, this would be 10 times worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not what I meant, since I too comment on many subjects

It the financial dimension of things I was refereeing to

The financial dimension of it is a real topic when it comes to royals. Doesn't mean we are outraged by it, but just matter of fact that it wouldn't be good optics (well, ok, some are :lol:). And optics and financial topics are sore subjects when it comes to royalty. If they are just a bunch of wealthy socialites spending their own money, that's a different story. Like I said earlier, it's one thing when she wants to have an entirely private wedding, but when she adds unnecessary public parts to it, it opens it up for discussion.

The issue with the York wedding is, however, completely different IMHO. I might get in trouble for saying that, but it seems to me that there is a very active group of devout Meghan Markle fans on this forums and elsewhere who have the impression that there is some kind of "competition" going on between Harry/Meghan and Eugenie/Jack to see who gets the "biggest" wedding. Those fans then lash out at Eugenie for what they perceive as an attempt to outdo the Sussexes. On top of that, there is a lot of negative feelings on the part of some posters against Andrew and Sarah, whch spill over to their daughters. All of that is terribly unfair to the girls in my opinion.
Very well put!

only get married once? Hardly.....

IMHO, with such a conviction one should get married.

Anglican bride and groom (and both Eugenie and Jack are baptized and raised as Anglicans) say "...till the death do us part"

Well I’m going with my children along with a fairly large contingent of Canadaian monarchist.

Last edited:
1) As regards a potential 2 day wedding, here are my two bits: Firstly, it is pure speculation at this stage. Secondly, what is wrong with having parties on two days? They probably have a lot of overseas visitors, and it is only fair that they be properly entertained over the weekend when they have travelled far. This happens all the time on the Continent and even happened for Williams wedding for the royal guests. Also, if there is no public money involved, why is it anybody’s business of who Andrew chooses to entertain the day after his daughter’s wedding?

Now that you mention it, there have been two days of celebrations for an awful lot of BRF weddings, haven't there? This is different because the additional day is the one after the ceremony instead of before, but the costs and security needs are probably not that different from something like Zara and Mike's big pre-wedding party on the Brittania.

Did anyone apply for tickets for the wedding in the public ballot?

$250 per person isn't that over the top for a lot of weddings these days - especially at the high end.

A note for Aussies: I was watching Sunrise this morning and they said that they were the 'only Australian network who were going to be televising this wedding'. Now what that means I have no idea:

a) does it mean they will be televising the arrivals and departures etc only
b) does it mean that they will be televising the ceremony as well
c) does it mean they will be sending their own team over to the UK as well (as all the networks here did for Harry and Meghan)

They also had Victoria Arbiter commenting - and she pointed out that the Queen and Andrew are footing the bill (as we knew) but the complaints are about the 'carriage ride'. They also had comparative figures for the costs of the royal weddings: William about 48 million, Harry about 54 million and Eugenie under 5 million (I can't remember whether those figures were pounds or Aussie dollars). I am not sure they are accurate either but ...

As the wedding in May was a success for Australian TV channels in terms of ratings I wouldn't be surprised if there are short link ups to Royal correspondents in Windsor during the day.

However, as neither the BBC or any other British broadcaster has stated they are going to televise this wedding I don't know how an Aussie channel would be able to show the ceremony. They wouldn't be sending their own cameras in, lol.

Maybe some sort of streaming setup is going to be involved inside the Chapel? I'd be extremely surprised though if there is a programme in prime time featuring this wedding on any Aussie channel. The York sisters are barely known here.

Last edited:
I was only repeating what the Sunrise crew said this morning - that Channel 7 was the only channel that would be televising the wedding.

Who knows - maybe they think there is an interest here - with Harry and Meghan due the following week and so have permission to set up cameras inside to beam back to us.

I think channel 7 do seem to promise more than they deliver guess we wait and see.

The second day is definitely a carnival
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.he...ations-revealed-surprising-detail/?viewas=amp

If this festival is not open to the public then the York's should pay for the security.

Windsor Castle and it's domains serve as a residence to Her Majesty The Queen. It is the State, which holds the monopoly on law enforcement, to guard the royal residences. Even when the Queen is not at home, there are hundreds of officers involved in the day to day guarding of the many royal residences in the different Home countries. Regularly even by Australian, Canadian or New-Zealand detachements flown in to guard Her Majesty... It is impossible that the police services and the Department of Defense send a bill for this. No any British citizen needs to pay a bill for police or Defense deployment. I doubt the Commander of the Windsor Military Barracks or the Commandet of the police forces will be thrilled by the idea that commercial security firms interfere at Windsor because Andrew has hired them. Out of the question.

Last edited:
The second day is definitely a carnival
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.he...ations-revealed-surprising-detail/?viewas=amp

If this festival is not open to the public then the York's should pay for the security.

Why should it be open to the public it’s a private event, paid for by Sarah and Andrew? Think about it. If it’s open to the public, security costs are just going to go up. So the public will pay more.Governments spend money on things we don’t agree with all the time. That’s life. Personally, I think this day after wedding thing sounds crazy!At the end of the day the Queen okayed this!

Last edited:
The second day event seems a bit over the top, but I think it's the bridal couple's private business. I do wonder whose idea it was.

This will be a high end luxury wedding. So taking that into account,I don't think that $100,000 for 400 people is that bad. These aren't people on a budget.

Good grief, not bad is right, it is rather budge to many upscale weddings. And if a grand-daughter of the Queen's wedding isn't upscale, what the devil is? Andrew and ex-wife footing the bill with extreme help of his mother. A cost of $5,000,000 has been floating around as cost...….just a figure and no one that is actually writing those articles actually KNOWS the facts. I look at it as fake news until proper bills [if ever] are published. But, the cost is none of our business. There wasn't a "fund-me" account set up. It is their money. I would be damned if I would even tolerate anyone telling me how I should spend my personal money in any situation. I certainly don't now from my family or advisors.

If 5 million is actual cost, I say well done. Many entertainers and other well knowns in other countries and family royals have spend a lot more. I realize that the Yorks are hated big time by many for their past embarrassing conduct over the years but this young woman never did. People's hatred shouldn't be tarnishing a young attractive woman's wedding. Just not respectful conduct. JMHO

It's a private event on private land, nobodies said that the public would be invited nor that the taxpayer would be paying for any security.

The second day event seems a bit over the top, but I think it's the bridal couple's private business. I do wonder whose idea it was.

I’ll bet it was the idea of the girl who thought having a Snow White-themed 25th
birthday party was a fun idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom