Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sarah will be made to sit with the Fergusons if Phillip shows up. If anything goes wonky I fear Sarah will wild out and the focus will be on her and not Eugenie and Jack. Dignified silence is not in her I'm afraid.
I have seen Sarah do things that are considered indecorous but big whoop if Sarah shows up in a fashion don't outfit, makes funny faces and/or gesticulates wildly.

Last edited:
I’m begging the moderator to control this conversation. This is just a bunch of Andrew hating fear mongers baiting everyone else. No one has ever said that Philip won’t attend. They both attended Harry’s wedding. He lives his grandchildren and won’t do anything to embarrass Eugenie in her big day.
I'm confused - I don't see any posts about Andrew, all I see are a few musings whether Phillip's well known antipathy towards Sarah will effect seating at Eugenie's wedding. I suppose the best guidance would be where Peter Phillip's father sat vis a viz. the rest of the Royal family during his wedding to Autumn at Windsor since Mark and Anne are divorced just as Sarah and Andrew are. Unfortunately, I can't locate any pix which show the seating arrangements.
Wasn't Peter's the wedding which William missed (although Catherine attended?) Thus it's not unheard of for a family member to miss a wedding for 'other commitments.'

Last edited:
The world didn’t come to an end back in May when Sarah and Philip were in the same church. Can’t see it being any different for Eugenie’s big day.

I'm confused - I don't see any posts about Andrew, all I see are a few musings whether Phillip's well known antipathy towards Sarah will effect seating at Eugenie's wedding. I suppose the best guidance would be where Peter Phillip's father sat vis a viz. the rest of the Royal family during his wedding to Autumn at Windsor since Mark and Anne are divorced just as Sarah and Andrew are. Unfortunately, I can't locate any pix which show the seating arrangements.
Wasn't Peter's the wedding which William missed (although Catherine attended?) Thus it's not unheard of for a family member to miss a wedding for 'other commitments.'

I'd say missing your cousin's wedding (to be able to attend a different wedding IIRC) is different from not attending your granddaughter's wedding (that is held at the chapel in your own castle).

Given his advanced age and possible health issues, it is possible that Prince Philip will miss the wedding. He didn't attend Trooping the Colour this year and has made few public appearances.

Last edited:
Given his advanced age and possible health issues, it is possible that Prince Philip will miss the wedding. He didn't attend Trooping the Colours this year and has made few public appearances.

Yes he has had surgery, and he's made good recovery but he's old and ill, and he may not feel up to another wedding.. Im sure he wishes Eugenie well... but he is certain to tire easily at his age...

Given that within this past week we've seen pictures of Philip out driving around the Balmoral estate and looking in great shape, this is a man that likes to stay active and the antithesis of a couch potato. This is his granddaughter's wedding and I don't see him missing it.

I'd say missing your cousin's wedding (to be able to attend a different wedding IIRC) is different from not attending your granddaughter's wedding (that is held at the chapel in your own castle).
I agree, I was just pointing out that it has happened, and I've read that Peter and William were particularly close.
I expect if he's able physically that Phillip will attend because he's a no nonsense sort of fellow and wouldn't let being in proximity to the bride's mother for a brief period of time stop him from attending his granddaughter's wedding. After all through the years I'm sure he and the Queen have met some truly abhorrent people at the behest of the government and managed to be civil, in comparison being civil to Sarah, even if he thinks her a fool, will be easy for him, IMO.
If he's unable to attend due to his health, Eugenie will be far more aware of the true state of her grandfather's health than we outsiders will be and will likely be less concerned about his absence than certain tabloids would be.

I’m begging the moderator to control this conversation. This is just a bunch of Andrew hating fear mongers baiting everyone else. No one has ever said that Philip won’t attend. They both attended Harry’s wedding. Philip loves his grandchildren and won’t do anything to embarrass Eugenie in her big day.

Who hates Andrew?

The anti Andrew and family (I.e. Sarah and daughters) seems to be a long standing tradition on these boards.
er who? Sarah hasn't many fans, frankly, and neither has Andrew.. biut I don't think I have ever seen any signs that they were hated by anyone...

The anti Andrew and family (I.e. Sarah and daughters) seems to be a long standing tradition on these boards.

Not only here but throughout the online and offline communities. Every forum is largely anti-the Yorks and the UK media aren't supportive either.

When I was in the UK in 2015 I asked many people I meet what they thought about the various members of the BRF and universally the Yorks were loathed - all of them, not just Andrew. No one had a good word to say about any of them.

If you try to say anything good about them on most boards or elsewhere online you get shouted down by the myriad of haters.

I am personally not a fan of any of the York family. This is purely based on my opinion of them as being people who aren't shy of causing controversy. My favourite royals, in comparison, are undoubtedly HM, Philip and Anne. No nonsense, hardworking people who get on with the job without expecting glory or attention.

Do you expect the Archbishop of Canterbury will marry Eugeine and Jack?

I am personally not a fan of any of the York family. This is purely based on my opinion of them as being people who aren't shy of causing controversy. My favourite royals, in comparison, are undoubtedly HM, Philip and Anne. No nonsense, hardworking people who get on with the job without expecting glory or attention.

I am not a fan of Andrew or Fergie, but have nothing against their daughters. I think they often get a lot of dislike directed against them, solely because of their parents.

I am not a fan of Andrew or Fergie, but have nothing against their daughters. I think they often get a lot of dislike directed against them, solely because of their parents.

Perfectly said.

I am not sure. Edward had the Bishop of Norwich and the Dean of Windsor and he is the son of the monarch so maybe Eugenie will go that way as well.

Eugenie's wedding OFFICIALLY bigger than Meghan's after the royal invites 250 more guests | Daily Mail Online

Reportedly 850 guests have been invited to the wedding (the chapel only has a capacity for 800 - so extra seats will be brought in)

‘The wedding itself is going to be huge and they are hoping quite a few of the people they’ve invited won’t be able to come because of the capacity issue,’ said one source.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...wed-it-like-beckham-in-two-day-bash-kdnhgszhc

The wedding will be a two day affair.
Day 1 - Wedding/church service, Lunch-time reception hosted by the queen, and black tie reception at Royal Lodge attended by 400 guests.

Day 2 - Saturday afternoon there will be another celebration being billed as a “festival and funfair” themed party at the Royal Lodge.

While Harry and Meghan's wedding reception was hosted at one state room at Windsor Castle (St George’s Hall). Eugenie and Jack's reception will be spread across 3 state rooms (St George’s Hall,Grand Reception Room and the Waterloo Chamber.)

No expense is being spared on the flowers at St.George Chapel.

Eugenie's wedding OFFICIALLY bigger than Meghan's after the royal invites 250 more guests | Daily Mail Online

Reportedly 850 guests have been invited to the wedding (the chapel only has a capacity for 800 - so extra seats will be brought in)

‘The wedding itself is going to be huge and they are hoping quite a few of the people they’ve invited won’t be able to come because of the capacity issue,’ said one source.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...wed-it-like-beckham-in-two-day-bash-kdnhgszhc

The wedding will be a two day affair.
Day 1 - Wedding/church service, Lunch-time reception hosted by the queen, and black tie reception at Royal Lodge attended by 400 guests.

Day 2 - Saturday afternoon there will be another celebration being billed as a “festival and funfair” themed party at the Royal Lodge.

While Harry and Meghan's wedding reception was hosted at one state room at Windsor Castle (St George’s Hall). Eugenie and Jack's reception will be spread across 3 state rooms (St George’s Hall,Grand Reception Room and the Waterloo Chamber.)

No expense is being spared on the flowers at St.George Chapel.

In light of these pieces of news and the fact that the public ballot to attend the wedding ended or should end this weekend, I think we should be getting new information from the Palace this coming week, most likely about places and times.

I fervently hope that Princess Eugenie is happy now and not stressed. I hope the wedding is everything she and Jack would hope for.

From all accounts, it seems like this wedding is going to be one huge party and celebration of a marriage. To me, all that matters is that Eugenie and Jack have the wedding of their dreams and the opportunity to create memories that will last them a lifetime.

It also sounds like Andrew and Sarah are, very happily, willing to go to any lengths to ensure this will be the wedding of their daughter's dream. Can't ask for more than that.

I am looking forward to following the events of this wedding. We need more happy and glorious occasions in this world. :D

When Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon married Prince Albert, Duke of York she got the Archbishop of York to marry them. Could Princess Eugenie of York get the Archbishop of York for her wedding?

I could see them choosing a personal choice. The dean of Windsor makes the most sense. Eugenie grew up at Windsor and attended st Georges school, for whom the dean of Windsor is head of as well. The current dean was head of the school when she attended. It goes along the lines of the old tradition of marrying in the bride's home church.

She was baptized by the bishop of Norwich as she was baptized in sandringham. But the bishop who baptized her passed away.

I can see why there were complaints about the security costs. A two day wedding event for the ninth in line to the throne? If Eugenie were a future queen regnant I could see a big to-do but it seems like compensating for no live broadcast of the wedding ceremony. And the festival? It's a type of party a Hollywood A or B lister would do. I hope pictures aren't sold to the tabloids like they were to Peter and Autumn's wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom