Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops! Sorry for the mistake.

I still think it will be televised.

It’s even debatable in UK, let alone US. There just hasn’t been interest in it.

And let’s be honest, if there is sufficient interest in UK, it wouldn’t still be undecided. Harry and Meghan’s wedding being televised was announced in the press briefing soon (was it the day after that they held the press briefing at BP? I can’t remember) after the engagement.

Last edited:
I look at a different way. That no decision has been made leaves the door open to television coverage. Emily and Omid said they’d be surprised if there’s no network involvement.

I’m talking about interest. The door wouldn’t still be open on the decision if there was sufficient interest. There wouldn’t even be a question about it.

Fergie is now live in interview “to give the latest on the wedding” on The One Show on prime BBC1 TV!

Fergie is now live in interview “to give the latest on the wedding” on The One Show on prime BBC1 TV!

She's actually on to talk about the merger of her two charities, which Beatrice and Eugenie have been named ambassadors.

So far Sarah has said the following:

"Jack & Eugenie are very contemporary, they are inclusive, and they are all about love, and they want the wedding to be about that - to include everybody & to really absorb the love they have for each other with everybody else."

She's actually on to talk about the merger of her two charities, which Beatrice and Eugenie have been named ambassadors.

So far Sarah has said the following:

"Jack & Eugenie are very contemporary, they are inclusive, and they are all about love, and they want the wedding to be about that - to include everybody & to really absorb the love they have for each other with everybody else."

If you listened to Matt’s introduction to Fergie’s appearance at the start of the show, he said “if you want to find Out the latest on that wedding” ......Licensing fee payers want to hear about the wedding which is why Fergie is on prime TV at this particular time. It feeds into Fergie’s rehabilitation as well as her very bad press daughters, nothing about charities on Our One Show! It has its OWN charities but Will sop Fergie’s PR on this occassion when it comes to charity. Its all a ruse, Fuss and nonsense

Last edited:
If you listened to Matt’s introduction to Fergie’s appearance at the start of the show, he said “if you want to find Out the latest on that wedding” ......Licensing fee payers want to hear about the wedding which is why Fergie is on prime TV at this particular time. It feeds into Fergie’s rehabilitation as well as her very bad press daughters, nothing about charities on Our One Show! It has its OWN charities but Will sop Fergie’s PR on this occassion when it comes to charity. Its all a ruse, Fuss and nonsense

I don’t know which show you were watching but the one show I watched featured a good 10 minutes on Sarah’s charity and with Tom Dannatt CEO and founder of Street Child. Seeing at Matt wasn’t involved in today’s show, Michael Ball was Alex Jones’ co-presenter I don’t think Matt would have done the introduction.

Whilst she was asked about the wedding, it’s not why she’s on there and it’s certainly not what she’s promoting. I have literally no idea what you mean by it has its own charities, I don’t understand what that has to do with this situation.

It’s even debatable in UK, let alone US. There just hasn’t been interest in it.

And let’s be honest, if there is sufficient interest in UK, it wouldn’t still be undecided. Harry and Meghan’s wedding being televised was announced in the press briefing soon (was it the day after that they held the press briefing at BP? I can’t remember) after the engagement.

of course Harry and Megahn's wedding was gong to be televised.. he is the son of the POW.. But with Eugenie, it was always pretty likely tht it would NOT be televised. And unless there si some massive surge of interest, it wont be...

Is inviting the public on the grounds of Windsor for the wedding a means to garner interest so the event is televised?

I don't think that was the intent behind it but rather a way to invite those that have worked with Eugenie on charitable causes to be part of their happy day. I don't think Jack and Eugenie really give a fig if the wedding is televised or not.

Is inviting the public on the grounds of Windsor for the wedding a means to garner interest so the event is televised?

Why would it be? Im sure they would prefer it wasn't televised...

Why would it be? Im sure they would prefer it wasn't televised...

I think its important to remember that as St George's is inside the Castle walls there would be no-one outside the chapel at all if the public weren't invited in. That may be why they invited people, they don't want outside the chapel to be empty and its a nice way to recognise the work of charities and Household staff.

As with Harry's, the castle staff will be very busy in helping get the wedding going. Especially if the wedding lunch is there which is likely. Its a nice move to invite the staff to have a part. And say what you want of the York girls, they have made sure to be active in their patronages. I don't see the invite as anything but to include them in her day.

The DM and their info....how do they know what is in her morning smoothie :ermm:

What official Royal China will be used at the wedding reception?

We may not be told. Were we told what china they used for Harry's reception? I don't remember hearing that information. I would be surprised therefore is we were told that about Eugenie's.

It should be noted that there has been no official souvenirs created for this wedding - unlike Harry's - which should tell us a lot about the differences between these two - one a sort of public event which was even mentioned in the CC (even if only The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William and Harry were listed as attending) whereas Eugenie's wedding will probably not even rate that much of a mention. William's had everyone listed as officially attending down to Lady Saltoun (a granddaughter-in-law of Prince Arthur, Queen Victoria's son).

The receptions are private events. We don't see photos, besides the cake, and we get very little detail. The menus and some bits and pieces like entertainment and speeches. Things that the public would be interested in, in general. China is not something that gets leaked.

Some bizarre wedding memorabilia may pop up in time, who knows. Don't think anyone really misses that stuff do they??

Someone has given a copy of the invitation to the press:
TALK OF THE TOWN: You're invited to the wedding of Eugenie and Jack... by Nelson Mandela | Daily Mail Online

Wedding guests are asked to reply to the Lord Chamberlain’s office at Buckingham Palace for Eugenie’s much-anticipated nuptials to Jack, 32, at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, at 11am on October 12.

The dress code is ‘morning coat’ for men and ‘day dress with hat’ for female guests. Like her cousin Prince Harry, Mr and Mrs Brooksbank-to-be have invited members of the public. Eugenie’s sister Beatrice will be head bridesmaid.

Do you believe replicas of Autumn leaves will decorate St. George's Chapel for the wedding day?

Do you believe replicas of Autumn leaves will decorate St. George's Chapel for the wedding day?

Replicas? As in fake plastic leaves? I highly doubt it.

Will they use actual leaves in some of the arrangements or bouquets? Quite possible. Very popular to do with fall weddings. Way of adding color to the wedding if they still keep mainly to white flowers.

We have no idea. We may never find out. Eugenie isn't William or Harry and so we will get a lot less information about the wedding as it is a more private affair - more like Peter's and Zara's and we weren't told how the decorated their churches or anything else.

We will be told a few things - like those we have already been told - and will probably get to see some of the guests arriving and departing along with the royals and Eugenie and Jack's carriage ride.

That will probably be all we see or hear. I doubt that the wedding itself will be televised as Eugenie isn't a working royal. Going back in time to the last HRHs who weren't working royals at the times of their weddings - HRH Prince Richard of Gloucester and HRH Prince Michael of Kent had no coverage whereas The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra were both televised but both of them were working royals or expected to be a working royal.

Prince Richard wasn't expected to be a working royal when he married as he had an older brother who was expected to take on that role. Sadly for him, his brother died a few weeks later and his circumstances changed. Both Prince Richard and Prince Michael married when there was a lot more deference and a belief that even minor royals should have privileges. Those days are long gone.

Eugenie and her sister are largely either loathed or ignored by the British public - if they even know who they are. Many people can't tell them apart and see them as one person. Their parents are almost openly despised and that has carried over to the girls. There really won't be that much interest in this wedding.

There is no official souvenirs for instance as even the palace recognises that this is the wedding of a minor royal and a non-working one so can't be bothered commissioning anything. There may be some 'junk' souvenirs out there but I haven't seen any mention of any or when doing an internet search have not been able to find any.

Put simply - we will be told one or two things and that is it.

I suspect we may get to see quite a lot from this wedding, not that it will be televised but I suspect there will be pics on social media, who knows maybe even a magazine spread. I wouldn't be surprised if they get some cut price deals with suppliers in return for coverage IMO.

The Queen objected to that sort of deal at Peter's wedding so I doubt that Eugenie will go that route especially as she has just told us she was 'told off' for putting an image of her father up on social media.

I do think that The Queen and Philip will make it clear - no 'deals' or we are 'no shows' and if they don't go I can also see Charles and his family not attending. They will want to keep a close control of Sarah and her antics so I suspect there won't be any deals.

I think if they get deals on anything it will be from Jack’s connections in the hospitality industry and his father’s connections in the floral business.

I think if they get deals on anything it will be from Jack’s connections in the hospitality industry and his father’s connections in the floral business.
I hate that Jack Brooksbank has been referred to by name for all these years and now he and Eugenie are engaged and set the date he is starting to be referred to as 'Jack brooksbank, a Vodka Salesman!'

Shades of CP Victoria to marry Daniel "her fitness trainer"! totally ignoring the fact that he owned the upscal private gym and several others as well.

Jack is a really lovely man who treats Eugenie like she's the light of his life, he is eminently suitsble, not some glorified Barman.

I think they look lovely together. Everyone deserves their own fairytale romance and wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom