Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty but that feels more spring to me. Would have suited Meghan's wedding time.

Even if they stick to the white flowers, the inclusion of some greens, leaves, and berries would give it a more fall look.

Jack went to a good school and comes from a respectable and established familly. He's had longtime jobs and he and Eugenie have been together for years, no other women, no breakups. I don't expect there's very much they can get him on, though I dare say the DM would love to try.

Last edited:
The press is starting to get its knives out for Jack:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...nies-fiance-revealed-ahead-Royal-Wedding.html

It looks like the hunt is on for Jack's financials and the job at Casamigos is a steppingstone to look respectable enough to marry a blood princess. The wedding is in October and they plan to go after him.

The Daily Mail blows hot and cold. I wouldn't put much integrity in their articles. They spin the narrative to get comments.

You know when the guy is tame when the best the fail can do is call him a 'former party boy'. Of course with no proof.

Jack isn't a former waiter that suddenly decided to open a wine business to marry Eugenie. He chose not to go to university, to pursue a career in the hospitality field and has been building his career and connections up working in some of the top restaurants. Of course they wouldn't want to make it look like either Eugenie or her fiancé actually work hard.

I wish the wedding would be televised. I hope it is true.

The Mail on Sunday reveal the five-year-old Theodora Rose will be a flower girl of Princess Eugenie

Princess Eugenie to have Robbie Williams's daughter Theodora Rose at her wedding to Jack Brooksbank | Daily Mail Online

JAN MOIR: Who the hell does Princess Eugenie think she is? https://dailym.ai/2LiY4D9 via @MailOnline

This article is just apalling! When did the DM turn into their comment section, what happened to professionalism?!:sad:

Well this is interesting, it seems like most in the comment section are actually defending Eugenie.

Reaction for this article:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlqDTBRnXUi/?taken-by=sarahferguson15

The invitation of the couple with a quote from Nelson Mandela.

TALK OF THE TOWN: You're invited to the wedding of Eugenie and Jack... by Nelson Mandela | Daily Mail Online

The article names four little bridesmaids but only one pageboy (George).
Don't pageboys usually come in pairs?

The article is trying to imply Eugenie is seeking to "upstage" Meghan by inviting more celebrities to her wedding. I'm skeptical George and Charlotte are in the wedding (this seems to feed their agenda that Eugenie and Meghan are battling brides) or that the DM will manage to track down the other pageboy if they don't have known parents.

I am sorry I take that entire article with a battleship of salt. The only one of the kids mentioned that I don't doubt is Maude, her goddaughter.

Eugenie and Beatrice may have celebrity friends, but I don't see basis for the claims of either celebrity child being a bridesmaid. I don't see Robby leaking it if true.

This is all the royal bride vs royal bride. Was Meghan vs Kate, now Meghan vs Eugenie.

Eugenie's guest list will have names, but not because of some made up competition. But because beyond being a royal by birth (so her family), her and her sister socialize with these crowds. Branson grandchildren would have been more believable.

Notice the other child- the child of Olivier de Givenchy:whistling: Hmm....I wonder why they would bring up that family in a royal wedding article.

Do you think that Princess Eugenie and Jack will have the traditional Anglican wedding service in which they state their first name and all their middle names?

Yes, I do. Jack comes from a conventional, upper-class British family. I don't see any reason why he and Eugenie would have anything different from a traditional Anglican service.

Last edited:
I am sorry I take that entire article with a battleship of salt. The only one of the kids mentioned that I don't doubt is Maude, her goddaughter.

Eugenie and Beatrice may have celebrity friends, but I don't see basis for the claims of either celebrity child being a bridesmaid. I don't see Robby leaking it if true.

This is all the royal bride vs royal bride. Was Meghan vs Kate, now Meghan vs Eugenie.

Eugenie's guest list will have names, but not because of some made up competition. But because beyond being a royal by birth (so her family), her and her sister socialize with these crowds. Branson grandchildren would have been more believable.

Notice the other child- the child of Olivier de Givenchy:whistling: Hmm....I wonder why they would bring up that family in a royal wedding article.

But so far no one involved has denied the story, which makes me think it is true.

If they denied everything they'd be issuing denials every day.

We also have to remember that its summertime and all is pretty quiet on the royal front. There are going to be a lot of just plain silly stories in honor of the silly season.

I wouldn't trust any of the tabloids for any kind of real information on anything. :D

Yes, I do. Jack comes from a conventional, upper-class British family. I don't see any reason why he and Eugenie would have anything different from a traditional Anglican service.

I hope so, it's so much nicer to say the full names when making the vows. I didn't like how Harry and Meghan did it at all, not just with her saying 'I take you Harry' as opposed to saying all of his names and him not saying 'Rachel Meghan' either but I noticed they had the clergy conducting the proceedings using more modern language as well. I can't see Eugenie doing any of this and that's for the better IMO.

It's often said that Maud is her goddaughter but do we know this for sure? Don't get me wrong, I hope she is as I think that would guarantee her a role as a flower girl and she looks like a little character but I just don't know if she is her goddaughter or not.

P. S. If George is a page it might also be better for him to have Maud, one of his classmates, in the wedding party as it might make him a bit more relaxed as he's such a shy little boy.

I hope so, it's so much nicer to say the full names when making the vows. I didn't like how Harry and Meghan did it at all, not just with her saying 'I take you Harry' as opposed to saying all of his names and him not saying 'Rachel Meghan' either but I noticed they had the clergy conducting the proceedings using more modern language as well. I can't see Eugenie doing any of this and that's for the better IMO.

I agree!
I didn't like the more modern version that Harry and Meghan used, and I really hope Eugenie and Jack stick to the traditional.

As for Maud Windsor being Eugenie's goddaughter, I suppose we don't know this for sure, but I have seen it mentioned in several sources, for what it's worth.

Do you think that Princess Eugenie and Jack will have the traditional Anglican wedding service in which they state their first name and all their middle names?

There are three approved Church of England wedding services which Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank could use.

1. The Form of Solemnization of Matrimony from the Book of Common Prayer (1662)

2. A Form of Solemnization of Matrimony (Alternative Services: Series One) from Common Worship (1965)

This service was used in the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

3. The Marriage Service from Common Worship (2000)

This service was used in the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

:previous:

Well I hope E and J use one if the first two, I didn't like H and M 's at all. It sounded far too casual IMO and not as sacred as it should have. Charles, Andrew, Edward and William' s weddings (the one's I have watched fully) were so much more holy and beautiful but I thought theirs were just standard for Anglican weddings anyway. I see the version that H used only came in in the year 2000.

Meghan and Harry's wedding reflected both of their families/heritage. That is why it was less traditional. Jack and Eugenie on the other hand, like the Cambridges and other royal weddings you mentioned, are both English. They were both raised in the Anglican tradition. The wedding should follow it.

Eugenie being Maude's godmother has been mentioned in numerous sources.

As for no denial......Mia Tindall was said to be Meghan's bridesmaid right up until the wedding. No one denied it. Yet she wasn't.

I think the marriage service issued in 2000 was supposed to become the standard Anglican service. The marriage service from 1965 is formally referred to as an "Alternative Service".

I think the marriage service issued in 2000 was supposed to become the standard Anglican service. The marriage service from 1965 is formally referred to as an "Alternative Service".

Why do they feel the need to tamper with these things? The 1965 service hits the right tone at every level, the new one not so much. As I said, I hope/think E will go with the more traditional one.

The 1965 seems to be an updated version of the 1662 version - the meaning hasn't really changed but the language has been updated.

The 1965 clearly never wasn't originally meant as the 'alternative' to the 2000 service as I don't think they were thinking 35 years in advance. However, it seems indeed that the 2000 one has become the standard but couples (or ministers?) can decide to use the old form. Although I assume that it would be possible to alter that one a bit by including a ring for the groom as well.

As for no denial......Mia Tindall was said to be Meghan's bridesmaid right up until the wedding. No one denied it. Yet she wasn't.

She was?

I must have missed that.
There were some speculative articles about which children might be included, but I don't remember any stating that Mia was definitely chosen.

Sounds like a load of rubbish to me! And would it not be awkward to ask George and Charlotte without asking Mia and Savannah and Isla as well? Eugenie always seems very sensible: I can't believe she's sad enough to get into some sort of celeb bridezilla competition. Anyway, all the celebs who were at Harry and Meghan's wedding were genuinely associated with them in some way, and Eugenie and Jack also have celebs who are genuine friends - it's not a contest.

Do you think that Princess Eugenie will have a brand new veil or an heirloom veil?

I don't see why they would have to have Isla/Savannah and Mia if they used George and Charlotte. Did Harry use them all? William only used Louise. There is no requirement to ask all kids in the family.

Do you think that Princess Eugenie will have a brand new veil or an heirloom veil?

Unlike several royal families, the UK doesn't have a heirloom veil. Likely because the gowns and veils are put on display. I guess she could wear her mother's if it is still in good condition, but not really 'heirloom'.

Last edited:
Maybe it is just speculation, but this list (wedding attendants) is being repeated everywhere.

But it does say that Louis de Givenchy is the other pageboy, and doesn't mention his sister Ines as a bridesmaid.

I still think, if the information is incorrect, at least one of the parents would deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom