Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
George and Charlotte were already bridal children of their uncle's wedding; time to give chance to the other ones.

:previous:
Eugenie may not have children as bridesmaids and pages; she might opt for adult attendants.

George and Charlotte were already bridal children of their uncle's wedding; time to give chance to the other ones.

Yea, I don't see George & Charlotte being a part of this wedding. Is William or Kate particularly close to Eugenie? It doesn't seem so.

Little is known of Jack's family as they are private citizens.

Can find a bit on the Brooksbanks as there is a family peerage (his grandfather being a younger son of the line). Jack's father does have an older brother David. He has three children ranging from 34-42 but I don't know if any of them are married or have kids. Persons only has them listed. I am not sure if Nicola has siblings.

Nicola has an older sister Jennifer and a younger brother Christopher. Both are married but I don't know anything about their children/grandchildren.

Do you think that Princess Eugenie will use the Glass Coach on her wedding day?

Eugenie gets a Landau not a glass coach. Although she will the first blood princess to marry in a generation, Eugenie is ninth in line to the throne to Harry's number six position. She won't get a bigger wedding than Harry. It may not be televised. Debates will rise on the type of ceremony E & J will have. Harry and Meghan's wedding is a tough act to follow. If the York wedding goes straight on traditional Anglican wedding service it would be dismissed as a snoozefest. Will Andrew push for for his daughter and new son in law to move into a Kensington Palace apartment? What about a title for Jack? And if Eugenie and Jack become full time royals will he have to give up his career, just like the women who join the Firm?

Eugenie gets a Landau not a glass coach. Although she will the first blood princess to marry in a generation, Eugenie is ninth in line to the throne to Harry's number six position. She won't get a bigger wedding than Harry. It may not be televised. Debates will rise on the type of ceremony E & J will have. Harry and Meghan's wedding is a tough act to follow. If the York wedding goes straight on traditional Anglican wedding service it would be dismissed as a snoozefest. Will Andrew push for for his daughter and new son in law to move into a Kensington Palace apartment? What about a title for Jack? And if Eugenie and Jack become full time royals will he have to give up his career, just like the women who join the Firm?

They already did move into Kensington Palace, and Prince Charles seems averse to adding them to the roster of working royals.

Don't know about the title.
But I expect that they'll have a lovely wedding.

Do you think that Princess Eugenie will use the Glass Coach on her wedding day?

Based on the other royal weddings at St George's, one of the ascot landaus would be the likely option. Or if bad weather, I believe the Scottish carriage was said to be backup for Harry/Meghan, so likely Eugenie as well.

I guess this could be their bridal party:

Maid of Honour:
HRH Princess Beatrice of York and The Lady Louise Windsor

Flower Girls:
HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
Savannah Philips
Isla Philips
Mia Tindall
two girls from Jacks family

Page boys:
Viscount Severn
HRH Prince George of Cambridge
four boys from Jacks family

Not likely to be so heavy in royals. I expect to see a mix of family and friend's kids.

possible bridesmaids:
-Maude Windsor (pretty much a given)
-Amara Stileman (daughter of Fergie's half sister Alice)-6
-Etta Andrews- 3 year old daughter of Holly Branson and her husband
-Eva Branson- 3 year old daughter of Sam and Isabelle Branson
-Violet Grimston- 4 year old daughter of Rosanagh Innes-Kerr (was bridesmaid for Sarah and Andrew's wedding)
-possibly either Isla or Mia, both Peter and Zara were in York wedding (not sure but slight possible we will see one, I wouldn't expect more)

page boys:
-Quinn and Vinze Makim- sons of Fergie's nephew Seamus- not sure age
-Artie Andrews- 3 year old son of Holly and her husband
-one of Laura Fellowes' sons-not sure age, she was in York wedding

I would hope there will be a few choices from Jack's side as well. I don't know any kids on his side, so none for me to mention.

They moved into Ivy cottage a while ago.

She did around the same time Louis was born. May have chosen to do it then, to fly under press radar.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...incess-eugenie-ivy-cottage-kensington-palace/

If the wedding were to be at Westminster Abbey and in London, I'd give it a slight possibility that the Glass Coach would be used. Since they're marrying at St. George's Chapel, it most likely will be the same landau that Harry and Meghan used without the parade through the town of Windsor.

As the wedding won't be televised, there isn't anything to "live up to" and the wedding ceremony will be their own and private. There will be no titles conferred on Jack and Eugenie will be Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank and their life will not alter much after the wedding. They'll have Ivy Cottage at Kensington Palace as a residence.

This wedding is going to be much more low key than Harry and Meghan's and we'll mostly just see arrivals and departures and the bride and groom on the steps of the chapel after the ceremony.

Surely the use of the landau depends on where the bride and groom are travelling to and from?
If Eugenie is coming from Royal Lodge, her family home, to St George's she and her father will be coming in by car.

If they choose to have an afternoon or evening reception/party at Frogmore then the landau will be used from Chapel to House. If however the couple decide to have a reception inside the castle then the landau won't be needed. They almost certainly won't be doing the tour of Windsor as Harry and Meghan did.

Last edited:

Very unlikely to be televised. There isn't enough interest to draw folks to offset expenses.

Jack and Eugenie already live at KP in Ivy Cottage.

Jack will not receive a title, neither of them will be full time royals. Eugenie will probably continue as she is now. All indications are it is true Charles is trying to slim down the monarchy.

LaRae

I would expect Eugenie and Jack to go for more of a traditional Anglican wedding - they're not going to try to compete with Harry and Meghan. H&M had a less traditional wedding largely because Meghan isn't British - E&J, however are. Unless Jack isn't an Anglican, there's no reason to expect anything other than traditional Anglican wedding.

E&J have already moved into a Kensington Palace apartment.

There is not going to be any title for Jack - there were no titles for either of Anne's husbands (despite her being the daughter of a monarch), nor for Princess Alexandra's (her being in a similar position to Eugenie).

Eugenie (and Jack) is not likely to ever become a full time working royal - every indication shows that the Firm doesn't want her and Beatrice to be working royals (as indicated by the lack of CC recognition for the work they do) and it really seems that Eugenie doesn't want to become one either - as indicated by the fact that she's really done a fair bit to work towards her career at this point.

:previous: I don't think Jack will get a title.

But that said your comparison is a faulty one at best. The last 3 royal princesses to marry: Margaret, Alexandra and Anne, all 3 husbands were offered a title by the queen. Mark and Angus chose to turn down the offer, Antony accepted.

If we are going to make a guess based on precedence, Jack Would be offered a title. Just because Mark and Angus turned it down, means little.

It has more to do with the 'slimming down' then Mark and Angus' decision.

Those weddings were in the 1960s and 1970s, when Britain was a very different place. Tim Lawrence, who married Anne later, wasn't offered a title. There would be screams of outrage from tabloids and public if Jack was offered a title because he was marrying Eugenie. It would probably be made fun of as well.

I don't think Jack wants a title and from Eugenie's past attitude to hers' I think she would rather get rid of it than gain yet another one through marriage.

Last edited:
Those weddings were in the 1960s and 1970s, when Britain was a very different place. Tim Lawrence, who married Anne later, wasn't offered a title. There would be screams of outrage from tabloids and public if Jack was offered a title because he was marrying Eugenie. It would probably be made fun of as well.

I don't think Jack wants a title and from Eugenie's past attitude to hers' I think she would rather get rid of it than gain yet another one through marriage.

That's what I said, it is more about the change in times, slimming down of the monarchy. And not about how previous husbands were treated.

But then again they are also trying to modernize. Maybe they should give Eugenie a title?? It shouldn't always be the husband. Charlotte's husband's fate one day will be interesting to see.

What would be the point of adding titles to Eugenie? It wouldn't give her any lands or income...she's not going to be a working royal etc...?

LaRae

Surely the use of the landau depends on where the bride and groom are travelling to and from?
If Eugenie is coming from Royal Lodge, her family home, to St George's she and her father will be coming in by car.

If they choose to have an afternoon or evening reception/party at Frogmore then the landau will be used from Chapel to House. If however the couple decide to have a reception inside the castle then the landau won't be needed. They almost certainly won't be doing the tour of Windsor as Harry and Meghan did.

I can't see them doing any sort of procession through the village, no, but the distance from the chapel to any area in the castle where the reception might be held is long enough I can't see anyone asking a bride to walk it. Eugenie could be granted the treat of riding in a carriage afterwards, even if only to get from one side of the complex to the other.

If that's what she wants, that is. Carriages are a little less fun when there's an autumn chill in the air. For that reason alone, while I imagine a carriage ride is technically an option for her, I suspect we'll see her instead given use of one of the Queen's very nice cars.

What would be the point of adding titles to Eugenie? It wouldn't give her any lands or income...she's not going to be a working royal etc...?

LaRae

The queen could make Jack a knight of the Royal Victorian Order (for services rendered to the queen on marrying her granddaughter), then they would be Sir Jack and HRH Princess Eugenie, Lady Brooksbank. For according to the rules of nobility in the Uk, giving Eugenie a peerage would not make Jack a peer. But doing nothing when the Windsors are a reigning house? Not sure this is right.

The queen could make Jack a knight of the Royal Victorian Order (for services rendered to the queen on marrying her granddaughter), then they would be Sir Jack and HRH Princess Eugenie, Lady Brooksbank. For according to the rules of nobility in the Uk, giving Eugenie a peerage would not make Jack a peer. But doing nothing when the Windsors are a reigning house? Not sure this is right.

She could, but that's highly unlikely given the approach QEII has taken to handing out that honor. For instance, Kate doesn't have the RVO yet, and she's a working royal.

services rendered to the queen on marrying her granddaughter

Seems a tad insulting [as though the Princess were some problem to 'offload' ]!

Mr Brooksbank will ONLY get a knighthood IF he [through service & 'good works' deserves one],as Commander Lawrence has..

Seems a tad insulting [as though the Princess were some problem to 'offload' ]!

Mr Brooksbank will ONLY get a knighthood IF he [through service & 'good works' deserves one],as Commander Lawrence has..

You missed some promotions in rank;)
Vice-Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence.

I can see Jack being recognized eventually if his business continues to grow successfully, not just for marrying Eugenie.

Last edited:
My original inquiry about Princess Eugenie using the Glass Coach would be only for her to have the Glass Coach bring her to the chapel for her arrival. She and Jack can use the Ascot Landau after the wedding.

My original inquiry about Princess Eugenie using the Glass Coach would be only for her to have the Glass Coach bring her to the chapel for her arrival. She and Jack can use the Ascot Landau after the wedding.

They aren't likely to use 2 different carriages for the wedding. Eugenie will most likely arrive by car like other recent brides, and leave by carriage.

All the royal weddings at St George's have used the landau. There is no reason to think they will change that. If the weather is bad, and with a fall wedding that is possible, the Scottish coach is likely to be used. It was stated to be the fall back for Harry and Meghan due to weather.

Besides, it wouldn't make much sense transporting the Glass Coach from the Royal Mews in London to Windsor and then back again just to have the bride arrive in it at St. George's Chapel.

It would either have to be loaded into a vehicle big enough to transport it or roads have to be closed down for it to be drawn by horses between London and Windsor. It just wouldn't be worth it in the long run when they have landaus and the Scottish coach on site and available for use.

They aren't likely to use 2 different carriages for the wedding. Eugenie will most likely arrive by car like other recent brides, and leave by carriage.

All the royal weddings at St George's have used the landau. There is no reason to think they will change that. If the weather is bad, and with a fall wedding that is possible, the Scottish coach is likely to be used. It was stated to be the fall back for Harry and Meghan due to weather.

I don’t think Peter Phillips used the Ascot Landau. They used a different carriage. That’s also an option for Eugenie.

I don’t think Peter Phillips used the Ascot Landau. They used a different carriage. That’s also an option for Eugenie.

You're right, they used the balmoral sociable carriage. So I guess there are 2 options, the landau or sociable. Still more likely to be the landau.

The Balmoral is called so as its lined with Balmoral tartan.

Do you think that Princess Eugenie's bouquet will consist of all white flowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom