The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 06:07 AM
Serene Highness

I think Eugenie will wear her mothers wedding tiara and appropriate jewels (earrings, a bracelet and maybe a necklace) borrowed from The Queen for the occassion.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:03 AM
Commoner

I also think Eugenie will wear Sarah's wedding tiara and I really hope her dress is by Vivienne Westwood. Eugenie looks stunning in their designs.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really don't see the Queen giving Eugenie any major pieces of jewelry especially those with provenance. Reason being that HM would want them to remain with the BRF. No children that Eugenie and Jack have will be royal similar to the situation Anne faced with her children. Anything given to Eugenie is going to leave the BRF

The Queen, however, may lend pieces to Eugenie for her wedding day though.
The queen has given jewels to Anne which will pass out of the family. There is no reason to believe the queen would not gift some pieces to her granddaughters. The queen and queen mother had many jewels, ones without so much 'provenance' as you put it, that could easily be gifted to the girls.

Of course the crown jewels and the more important jewels will remain in the BRF. But I don't see why the queen would care if a bracelet her husband gave her, passed down to future queen consorts. Or a similar piece

I find it humorous. In the Belgian thread people are die hard adamant that the Elizabeth bandeau will be Astrid's. That Paola will of course leave her tiara to her own daughter and grandchildren. That making sure a prominent tiara, in a family with very few, stays in the royal family never factors in. Yet no one seems to think that a British princess, a blood grandchild of the queen, may receive some pieces from her grandmother. Pieces that aren't even significant, in a family that is drowning in them.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

If Jack and Princess Eugenie have a carriage drive after the wedding, will they use the same route that Prince Henry and Meghan use?
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVy9whpX0AAUllj.jpg
Old 02-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Majesty

Eight months to go!
Old 02-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
No it isn't, altho' Houseware's are sold under his name, which is 'owned' by Fung Capital, the private investment holding company of the Fung family
Thanks, wyevale. I had a feeling Hartnell's house wasn't officially producing clothes anymore.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-14-2018, 02:56 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts relating to a a possible wedding dress for Eugenie have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-44265.html thread.

As a reminder, Eugenie's wedding jewels can be discussed in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ngs-44268.html thread.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I really hope Eugenie uses the same format for her wedding attendants as her parents did:
Boy/Girl pairings, in graduated ages.

I like it so much better than two page boys with a cluster of bridesmaids, as is the norm for so many royal weddings.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
If Jack and Princess Eugenie have a carriage drive after the wedding, will they use the same route that Prince Henry and Meghan use?
I doubt it.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
My guess is no, but I think it will come down to cost, and what security officers think. Edward and Sophie took a shorter route. I tried to find a picture - but this was the best I could find. And remember, Edward was a working royal. Though, the nation loves a princess, at least those who know who she is!
Netty Royal
Old 02-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately, I don't think there will be a carriage ride for Eugenie and Jack. More Zara and Mike, Peter and Autumn than Edward and Sophie or Harry and Meghan. Pics on the steps of the church, than they get in a car and drive away.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

There may be a small one. Certainly not like Harry and Meghan's. Eugenie's weddings is more like Edward's then Peter's. Peter is a total private citizen. Peter and Autumn left in a carriage. It was about a 2km drive from the chapel to Frogmore where their reception was.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
My guess is no, but I think it will come down to cost, and what security officers think. Edward and Sophie took a shorter route. I tried to find a picture - but this was the best I could find. And remember, Edward was a working royal. Though, the nation loves a princess, at least those who know who she is!
Netty Royal
Actually at the time of his wedding Edward was not a working royal--he owned a film production company.

We'll see in October if there is a carriage ride or not.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Actually at the time of his wedding Edward was not a working royal--he owned a film production company.

We'll see in October if there is a carriage ride or not.
Edward did perform royal duties as well then. Plus, he was child of a monarch and his wedding was televised.

I agree that Eugenie and Jack won’t have a carriage ride like Meghan and Harry. More like Peter and Autumn, they’ll ride to the reception from the church, but that’s it. Whether it’s on a carriage or car, that’ll be a toss up, but certainly not a ride through Windsor. While Harry’s wedding is considered a private family event, it’s only in terms of being a non-state event. It’ll be televised and have a public aspect to it. Eugenie’s wedding will be a wedding of a private citizen who happens to be the Queen’s granddaughter.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:12 AM
Heir Apparent

The fact that the wedding is in October will probably play a part in their decision, it’s likely to be colder and rain wouldn’t be surprising. Also, it might depend on where the reception will be held –Windsor Castle, Frogmore or Royal Lodge and if they have a morning or afternoon wedding.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:49 AM
Courtier

I think as the event is not televised the best channel to watch will be:

SKY NEWS (24 hour news station) which will probably switch to the day's events for most of the day.

The BBC won't have any coverage except a few minutes here and there.

Best Magazine
HELLO Magazine on sale a few days later.

https://news.sky.com/
Old 02-18-2018, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

Trump is expected to have a state visit in October so news coverage will dominate there. Eugenie doesn't spark public interest on the same level as Kate and Meghan and that may factor in on how much coverage is given to her wedding.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

Seeing the jaw dropping emeralds Catherine wore to the Baftas and reading the speculation that the parure was a gift of Middle Eastern Royalty, I wonder if any of those Royal houses will attend Eugenie’s wedding? Her father has visited the region enough that he may have formed personal relationships with some members of some of the Royal houses. Given her mother’s general acquaintance as well as her father’s - the guest list will be interesting. I assume the Beckhams will get an invite.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Eugenie may have a posher list then Harry. Eugenie and Beatrice often attend events (Bea a bit more) on the continent. They have been at events among the younger royals like Amedeo of Belgium, and the Cassiraghis. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a number of titles among the list, though not senior royals.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think Jack will wear a frock coat at his wedding?
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/800102774

Closed Thread