The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Yay!, they are using their full names during the vows. Also, unless I read this wrong, they are stopping at the entrance of the Quire and than will process to the altar, like what was done at Edward and Sophie's wedding.

This wedding is already giving me the same vibes that I get when watching Princess Alexandra's.

ETA: Oh Lord, please don't tell me that's Ave Maria I see being sung by Mr. Bocelli!
I am glad that Jack and Eugenie will be declaring their first name and all their middle names.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Majesty

Though far away on operations in Iraq 1st Battalion @GrenadierGds send their very best to Princess Eugenie & Jack Brooksbank for their wedding in Windsor. Fellow Grenadiers will Guard the Castle & line the Chapel’s West Steps as the couple depart. #threecheers @TheDukeOfYork

https://twitter.com/armyinlondon/sta...422785537?s=21

Lovely little video.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian View Post
Who can say to me where can i see the weeding?
Watch the Wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank LIVE this Friday, 12th October, 2018. The service will be live streamed from St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, on The Duke of York’s official YouTube channel from 10am BST on Friday: http://www.youtube.com/thedukeofyork #RoyalWedding

LaRae
Old 10-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Nobility

The York family have generated substantial amounts of negative attention for a long time now, for many many different reasons. A low key, non public wedding could have been a unique opportunity to show the family in a more positive light.

Being a princess shouldn't mean wanting attention or publicity or trying to outdo your other relatives with a better wedding. Edward and Sophie (non working royals at the time) are a perfect example of how minor royals can do a wedding.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I love that Harry wears a wedding ring but I also don't think it means anything one way or another. Not everyone is a jewelry person.

The order of service was nice read. Looks to be a lovely service. Interesting that Sarah will walk in with Beatrice. I am curious how the little bridal party will work now. Are the mothers walking in with them again like they did for the Sussex wedding?
Do you know the link to the order of service ?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
The York family have generated substantial amounts of negative attention for a long time now, for many many different reasons. A low key, non public wedding could have been a unique opportunity to show the family in a more positive light.

Being a princess shouldn't mean wanting attention or publicity or trying to outdo your other relatives with a better wedding. Edward and Sophie (non working royals at the time) are a perfect example of how minor royals can do a wedding.
I don't think that Eugenie and Jack's wedding has substantially more bells and whistles that Edward and Sophie's.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Edward and Sophie (non working royals at the time) are a perfect example of how minor royals can do a wedding.
You do know that Eugenie and Jacks's wedding is more identical to Edward and Sophie's than Harry and Meghan's. Also, there's the fact that the union in '99 had more coverage, so I guess they are following their example really well .
Old 10-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

And who exactly wants attention or publicity or is trying to outdo their other relatives with a better wedding?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Majesty

Eugenie is an HRH and grandchild of The Queen. She’s deserves every bit of this wedding. Nothing about it is inappropriate.

As has been pointed out, even ‘normal’ Zara, who’s not actually normal with her granny being The Queen, her wedding wasn’t exactly a registry office affair.

There’s always costs involved with royal events and it falls to the state to pay the cost.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Do you know the link to the order of service ?
See message #1534
Old 10-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Actually, as I see it, its the media and the public that's doing all the comparisons and putting slants on this wedding with gripes and moans and generally making tsunamis in a teacup.

Eugenie and Jack are getting married in a wedding ceremony that will mean something to them. They've tailored the wedding to be exactly how they want it to be, invited whom they want to invite and are making the day memorable for themselves and their friends and family. They are not using this wedding as a PR stunt, a photo op or put any kind of "light" on the family or trying to outdo or outshine or top anyone else.

I'm just going to enjoy the wedding for what it is. A happy occasion that includes a lot of my favorite royal family. I'm sure all of those in attendance in St. George's Chapel will do likewise.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It’s the same liturgy as the Cambridge used. It’s very beautiful and reverent.

“I REQUIRE and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgement when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured that so many as are coupled together otherwise than God’s word doth allow are not joined together by God; neither is their Matrimony lawful”
If I remember correctly, Catherine did promise to 'obey' - which is not included in Eugenie's vows.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawin View Post
And who exactly wants attention or publicity or is trying to outdo their other relatives with a better wedding?
Prince Andrew wanted the wedding broadcast on the BBC, and the wedding celebrations will last two days, twice as long as H&M.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
If I remember correctly, Catherine did promise to 'obey' - which is not included in Eugenie's vows.
Catherine didn’t promise to obey but Sophie did.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Prince Andrew wanted the wedding broadcast on the BBC, and the wedding celebrations will last two days, twice as long as H&M.
And did he state he wanted that for attention, publicity, and to outdo other weddings?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
So? What is your point? Its the way the bride and groom want their wedding weekend to be like. They're entitled to the celebrations of their choice.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-11-2018, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I love that Harry wears a wedding ring but I also don't think it means anything one way or another. Not everyone is a jewelry person.

The order of service was nice read. Looks to be a lovely service. Interesting that Sarah will walk in with Beatrice. I am curious how the little bridal party will work now. Are the mothers walking in with them again like they did for the Sussex wedding?
Well, there are two 'special attendants' who should be able to take on that task. I am not such a fan of the mothers trying to handle them. In general, I didn't like how the children had such a small role in the Sussex wedding: their mothers walked them into the church. They somewhat joined the bride for her entry in the church (but only when she already was in the church) and walked the couple to the front door again. Only the twins had a proper role and George and Charlotte were at least allowed to join the couple on the stairs (but didn't walk with the other children when walking out - instead joining their parents). Hopefully, this time the bridal party gets a proper role.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I hated the one used at Harry's wedding as it sounded too casual in such holy surroundings. So glad E is using the traditional liturgy which is solemn and beautiful but I didn't expect her to go with that other version anyway.
I didn't like that version either . It sounded way too casual . Hi we're Harry and Meghan and we're sooo cool and modern . It just didn't fit the place they were getting married at .

Quote:
Would the couple's upcoming wedding have been viewed more positively if it was more low key and entirely privately funded, including security?
No , then people would complain about all the secrecy and how evil Charles/Camilla are trying to hide the poor York girls and how they deserve a big wedding .
Old 10-11-2018, 10:07 PM
Courtier

Is Charles Brooksbank Jack's uncle, maybe godfather too?
Old 10-11-2018, 10:11 PM

Wedding for TV viewing

I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I would like to know if TV coverage of the wedding is available in the United States. We have Direct tv and can get most channels. What channel...time? Can anyone help?
Thank you...

Closed Thread