The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

And for those wondering about incorrect names of the Phillips sisters on the wedding programme: there is no mention of flower girls/page boys etc, so it cannot be wrong either :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Looks like Jack won't be wearing a wedding ring.

Did Harry and Meghan use their full names for their vows?
No, they didn't.

In addition, they used the modern liturgy while Jack and Eugenie seem to use a more traditional one (although their vows are the same; so no different vow for Eugenie than for Jack).

Old 10-11-2018, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Oh I have nothing against it personally, I love the song. I just know it will be used as another angle to say Eugenie is copying Harry and Meghan because the piece was used at their wedding, and I'm so tired of all these comparisons.

Me too. She deserves every ounce as much a royal wedding as any other family member did before her.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Looks like a few American posters must pay taxes to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, such is the concern about costs.

We had the same articles about wedding costs back in May. We had Labour MPs criticising the wedding back in May. Republic Staff criticised the wedding back in May.

I’m glad Jack won’t be wearing a wedding ring. I didn’t wear one nor does my father. I think it’s rather naff but to each their own.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness

Oh please! No more comparisons! Ave Maria can be sung or played by anyone for any occasion! Nobody owns it!

I am sick of the nitpicking! All couples are different and deserve to have the wedding day they want!
Old 10-11-2018, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
No, they didn't.

In addition, they used the modern liturgy while Jack and Eugenie use the traditional one.
I hated the one used at Harry's wedding as it sounded too casual in such holy surroundings. So glad E is using the traditional liturgy which is solemn and beautiful but I didn't expect her to go with that other version anyway.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Yay!, they are using their full names during the vows. Also, unless I read this wrong, they are stopping at the entrance of the Quire and than will process to the altar, like what was done at Edward and Sophie's wedding.

This wedding is already giving me the same vibes that I get when watching Princess Alexandra's.

ETA: Oh Lord, please don't tell me that's Ave Maria I see being sung by Mr. Bocelli!
Good. That's much more distinguished. I was worried that a trend had been started to do away with it, but now the ship has been righted.

As for Ava Maria, it's a bit overdone, but when you have Mr. Bocelli singing it, well I guess you just can't pass on it.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Courtier

I think we’re all going to be wowed....I can’t wait!!!
Majesty

It’s the same liturgy as the Cambridge used. It’s very beautiful and reverent.

“I REQUIRE and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgement when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured that so many as are coupled together otherwise than God’s word doth allow are not joined together by God; neither is their Matrimony lawful”
Royal Highness

Eugenie and Jack are both British..most likely confirmed and baptised in the Anglican Church from birth. No surprise that they went the traditional route.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

I really love the modern liturgy used for Harry and Meghan's wedding, but don't mind the traditional one. Eugenie and Jack went with what spoke to them, the Sussexes did the same. IMO neither one is better than the other or more "royal."

The music selection looks divine. I do not recognize the name of Eugenie's family member playing in the pieces but that is a nice touch.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Who is "Mr Peter Roper-Curzon, a member of the Bride’s family"? Is he a maternal family member - who will play the organ (next to the St George's organists)?
Peter is Sarah's 2nd cousin, the grandson of Patricia Countess of Dundee whose sister Marian Lady Elmhirst was Sarah's grandmother.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Nobility

I've been contemplating this but I'm not sure, will Eugenie's veil cover her face? I've been watching several past royal weddings and I noticed that if the bride's face was covered, she wasn't born royal-Meghan, Kate, Sophie, Sarah, Diana, and Kate Kent. However, the blood royal brides didn't cover their faces-Anne, Alexandra, Margaret, and Her Majesty. Is this just preference or a royal rule?
Old 10-11-2018, 08:24 PM
Nobility

Would the couple's upcoming wedding have been viewed more positively if it was more low key and entirely privately funded, including security?
Old 10-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Royal Highness

I view this wedding very positively. I think that it is very unfair how the princesses are portrayed in the media. They are both princesses and granddaughters of the monarch.

I think that this wedding is a chance for the York family to be seen positively and I hope that is what happens.

It is also a chance for a big event to be focused solely on the Yorks without being sidelined by the Waleses, Cambridges and Sussexes.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I've been contemplating this but I'm not sure, will Eugenie's veil cover her face? I've been watching several past royal weddings and I noticed that if the bride's face was covered, she wasn't born royal-Meghan, Kate, Sophie, Sarah, Diana, and Kate Kent. However, the blood royal brides didn't cover their faces-Anne, Alexandra, Margaret, and Her Majesty. Is this just preference or a royal rule?
Interesting observation. It could be just a generational preference, as it seems (with the exception of Katherine) that the groups are split between pre-mid '70s and post-mid '70s. We haven't had a blood princess marry (in her 1st wedding) in recent decades, so it's hard to say what's royal tradition and what is the fashion trend of the era. Eugenie should give some insight tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal security is never privately funded. There was always, therefore going to be a cost for this wedding. The complaints relate to the 'carriage ride' adding to the costs.

What I hate are the people who say she should have gone the same way as Peter and Zara because they were 'low-key' totally forgetting the massive security cost for Zara's wedding as she shut down a large part of Edinburgh to the day and forced another couple to find another church for their wedding. Zara is held up as the 'normal' person and people forget what she had to have happen for her wedding to happen.

To me a lot of the complaints are really 'anti-York' rants rather than based on any real facts.

The Thames Valley denied that the figures bandied about for Harry's wedding in outlets like the DM and no doubt the figures for Eugenie's wedding will similarly be not as high as the media are claiming. We will find out the final figures when Thames Valley put in their request for extra funding ... but that may be for the entire year and not event by event. Remember they had the extra costs as CHOGM was hosted at Windsor as well so no doubt that will have also stretched the Thames Valley budget.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
Would the couple's upcoming wedding have been viewed more positively if it was more low key and entirely privately funded, including security?
Complainers will always find something to complain about.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I view this wedding very positively. I think that it is very unfair how the princesses are portrayed in the media. They are both princesses and granddaughters of the monarch.

I think that this wedding is a chance for the York family to be seen positively and I hope that is what happens.
I'm in agreement. If two divorced people can keep and maintain a united family unit and raise two daughters to adulthood that are healthy, happy and well adjusted to life, that speaks volumes. Not many children of divorce are as fortunate with their parents.

This wedding, which I am all set to watch in its entirety come 4:30 AM here, is going to be beautiful and a very happy occasion.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love that Harry wears a wedding ring but I also don't think it means anything one way or another. Not everyone is a jewelry person.

The order of service was nice read. Looks to be a lovely service. Interesting that Sarah will walk in with Beatrice. I am curious how the little bridal party will work now. Are the mothers walking in with them again like they did for the Sussex wedding?
Old 10-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Nobility

Who can say to me where can i see the weeding?

Closed Thread