The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1461  
Old 10-10-2018, 07:08 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
First of all Kate isn’t going to play any part in Pippa’s delivery. They’re close but come on.

The other thing is Pippa and Eugenie are friends. Eugenie and Jack attended Pippa’s wedding. James Middleton and Eugenie were at Marlborough College at the same time, so I’m assuming the invite has already arrived.

The only announced royal not attending is Camilla
I am only repeating what I have heard - that Pippa's due date is basically this weekend and Kate wants to be there for her sister. Not unusual for many sisters to be together at that time, even if not in the room.

I am sure if Pippa can be there she will but if her due date is the one that has been put out I doubt she would attend the wedding and take the risk of going into labour during the service ... is that what you would want a friend to do to you?
__________________

  #1462  
Old 10-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 68
I'm Canadian and my TV guide isn't showing the wedding on TLC on Friday morning.
They have a number of "Say Yes to the Dress" episodes listed from 4am to noon.
There is an episode that starts at 4:25am though.
__________________

  #1463  
Old 10-10-2018, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
3 questions?

Does Jack not have any children on his side that could have been attendants?
I don't know whether Jack has cousins who'd be the right age; I do know his only sibling is Tom, who recently got engaged to Amy Rodgers. So no little nieces or nephews.
  #1464  
Old 10-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't know whether Jack has cousins who'd be the right age; I do know his only sibling is Tom, who recently got engaged to Amy Rodgers. So no little nieces or nephews.
Just like no nieces or nephews of Eugenie are included as Beatrice is unmarried and without children. However, it seems the royal family is probably a bit closer to cousins than the average family given their special position within society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Interesting that Robbie William's daughter is included in the bridal party, I had no idea that Eugenie was close to him. Maybe we'll be seeing a lot of other celebrity guests at the wedding too (I seem to remember that Ed Sheeran attended a party that was hosted by Beatrice and Eugenie a couple of years ago too).
Couldn't it be Jack who is close to Robbie Williams (after so many years of dating hopefully close to both of them)? And what about the De Givenchy's? Are they assumed to be closer to Eugenie or Jack?

FYI: found this interview with Zoe de Givency featuring pictures of 1-year old Louis.

And a recent picture of Teddy Williams on her 6th birthday last month. Apparently, she recently had a little baby sister Coco (and also has a younger brother Charlie)
  #1465  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:16 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,856
It is nice that Lady Louise and Viscount Severn are special attendants. What are the duties of the special attendants?
  #1466  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:31 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,128
Eugenie has plenty of posh even celebrity friends. Possibly as many as get oust S that she knows on a personal and not just charity basis I woukd be expecting quite a few well known faces. Eugenie also moves in the same social circles as people like the Cassiraghi trio, the Hannoverian princes and the German royals Harry hunts with. She has attended many of the weddings and events. I wonder if we may see any.

Pippa and Eugenie are friends but I don't think she will be there. Eugenie got invited to her wedding but was certainly not a small close friends wedding. Pippa is close to giving birth and I doubt she will pull a Zara.

Kate may or may not miss the wedding. The palace wouldn't know it yet. But I think Kate will at least go for the ceremony. With the kids in the wedding and all. If pippa has given birth, she may choose to skip the rest.

Little surprised we have seen no Fergusons in the wedding party. Not as surprised no from Jack. The Cambridge wedding party was the same, all from Willisms side of the famiky and friends.
  #1467  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Pippa and Eugenie are friends but I don't think she will be there. Eugenie got invited to her wedding but was certainly not a small close friends wedding. Pippa is close to giving birth and I doubt she will pull a Zara.

Little surprised we have seen no Fergusons in the wedding party. Not as surprised no from Jack. The Cambridge wedding party was the same, all from Willisms side of the famiky and friends.
Not the best example as Zara had Lena more than 4 weeks after the Sussex wedding. If Pippa was more than 4 weeks away, I think she would attend. If she is indeed about to give birth any day, which we don't know since she never gave a due date, then I would call it pulling a Madeleine.
  #1468  
Old 10-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
It is nice that Lady Louise and Viscount Severn are special attendants. What are the duties of the special attendants?
I am not sure.

I suspect it is a 'special' title so they can be included but not be classed with the 'children' as such.

I love the fact that all of Eugenie's royal cousins (other than Harry) are represented either directly, Louise and James, or via their children. I also love the fact that she hasn't chosen one cousin's children over another with all three adult cousin's children who aren't babies included. It is also lovely to see Maud Windsor involved as she is Eugenie's goddaughter.

It seems to me that Eugenie has put a lot of thought into the wedding party to include as much of her family as possible as well as a few friends.

I do wonder why there are no Ferguson relatives involved though.
  #1469  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I am not sure.

I suspect it is a 'special' title so they can be included but not be classed with the 'children' as such.

I love the fact that all of Eugenie's royal cousins (other than Harry) are represented either directly, Louise and James, or via their children. I also love the fact that she hasn't chosen one cousin's children over another with all three adult cousin's children who aren't babies included. It is also lovely to see Maud Windsor involved as she is Eugenie's goddaughter.

It seems to me that Eugenie has put a lot of thought into the wedding party to include as much of her family as possible as well as a few friends.

I do wonder why there are no Ferguson relatives involved though.
I questioned the same thing a few pages back. Amara Stileman would of been a nice choice from her maternal side. Amara and Eugenie are first cousins.
  #1470  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Not the best example as Zara had Lena more than 4 weeks after the Sussex wedding. If Pippa was more than 4 weeks away, I think she would attend. If she is indeed about to give birth any day, which we don't know since she never gave a due date, then I would call it pulling a Madeleine.
Reality is pippa and Eugenie are not BFF. Eugenie went to school with James, whether she knew him or not at school, questionable. Eugenie was one of a couple hundred guests at Pippas wedding, of varying levels of familiarity.

Going any where when you are even eight months pregnant as Zara was is uncomfortable. Sitting through a long church wedding. I used Zara as it is a British example, and is just as relevant here.

The point being as Eugenie and pippa are not related, nor that close friends, I highly doubt Pippa is intending to show up.
  #1471  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:17 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I am only repeating what I have heard - that Pippa's due date is basically this weekend and Kate wants to be there for her sister. Not unusual for many sisters to be together at that time, even if not in the room.

I am sure if Pippa can be there she will but if her due date is the one that has been put out I doubt she would attend the wedding and take the risk of going into labour during the service ... is that what you would want a friend to do to you?
And Kate's 5 year old and 3 year old are in this wedding. I think Kate will be at the wedding. Pippa may not.

If Pippa has her baby while Kate is at the wedding, she may head back to London instead of attending the reception but I don't see Kate missing seeing her own children in the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post


I do wonder why there are no Ferguson relatives involved though.
Maybe the Fergusons didn't want the publicity or limelight.


Pippa & James invited Eugenie & Jack to their wedding so I'm sure P & J have been invited. I agree if she is very close to her due date she probably won't attend a wedding in Windsor.
  #1472  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Reality is pippa and Eugenie are not BFF. Eugenie went to school with James, whether she knew him or not at school, questionable. Eugenie was one of a couple hundred guests at Pippas wedding, of varying levels of familiarity.

Going any where when you are even eight months pregnant as Zara was is uncomfortable. Sitting through a long church wedding. I used Zara as it is a British example, and is just as relevant here.

The point being as Eugenie and pippa are not related, nor that close friends, I highly doubt Pippa is intending to show up.
Actually, Pippa's wedding ceremony only had about 100-120 guests for which both Eugenie and Jack made the cut. Seeing as how other people were left off that list, I would believe they are bonafide friends. So yes, if Pippa was only 8 months pregnant, like Zara was, then I do believe she would plan to attend. Since we are to believe she's 9 months pregnant, then yes, she's likely stay home.
  #1473  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
2 more days folks!
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #1474  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
2 more days folks!
2 days for us in North America, but already Thursday in the UK. Really down to the home stretch. I always enjoy the setting-up pictures from the day before royal weddings, so looking forward to what Thursday brings.
  #1475  
Old 10-10-2018, 11:01 PM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
The Duke of York twittered that the wedding will be shown live on their You Tube channel, without geo block.

Which at the time I posted that information, no one knew about the live streaming on You Tube & there was every chance of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From the perspective that I'm looking at it, this wedding is going to be very much a family affair with cuteness overload with the bridal party of adorable children.



Here in the US, where its more common to have adult bridesmaids, a younger teen in the bridal party is often called a junior bridesmaid. Louise is too old to be included in with the younger children and that, I believe, is the reason for her and James to be called Special Attendants. It will be sweet to see the both of them in formal attire for this.



I know that we, as the public looking on as spectators, can easily see this wedding as being a "lesser" event because we easily see the pecking order and who works and who doesn't work for the family business "the Firm". From the Queen and Philip's viewpoint though, they don't see it this way at all. Eugenie is as much of a beloved granddaughter as any of the other grandchildren these two nonagenarians have. They're seeing this as a family celebration totally separate from the roles they hold within the monarchy and the "Firm".



Philip has shown himself to still be in top form doing the things he loves to do the best and that, I believe, will see him proudly taking his place besides his wife as his granddaughter marries.

Thank you!!

Love all the Cousins that are taking part, but especially Louise & James. I was hoping Louise would be a Jr Bridesmaid & I can't wait to see her Friday morning"
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
  #1476  
Old 10-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Kate may or may not miss the wedding. The palace wouldn't know it yet. But I think Kate will at least go for the ceremony. With the kids in the wedding and all. If pippa has given birth, she may choose to skip the rest.
Kate and her sister are close but they're not conjoined twins who can't breathe without each other .
  #1477  
Old 10-11-2018, 02:31 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 9,174
What time does the ceremony start?
  #1478  
Old 10-11-2018, 03:29 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 9,174
Greenwich time, of course?
  #1479  
Old 10-11-2018, 05:45 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,912
Expect to see Hollywood stars, fashion supremos, big names from the business world & probably a smattering of foreign royals amongst the congregation

Via Mark Stewart @RegalEyes Twitter.
  #1480  
Old 10-11-2018, 05:59 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Expect to see Hollywood stars, fashion supremos, big names from the business world & probably a smattering of foreign royals amongst the congregation

Via Mark Stewart @RegalEyes Twitter.
Foreign royals ? If any of the current reigning royal houses is represented, it will be a surprise to me.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 228 03-15-2018 09:50 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones british british royals chittagong commonwealth countries countess of snowdon cover-up daisy dutch dutch royals family life family tree games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii heraldry hill history house of glucksburg imperial household interesting israel jack brooksbank jacobite jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family norwegian royal family prince charles prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen consort queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech spencer family taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×