The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted a number of comments. This thread is not about Meghan and Harry's wedding and how people felt about it, so I'm not sure why it keeps being brought up. Please stay on-topic.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

Weather is predicting Storm Callum to hit the UK. Do they have a plan B for the wedding?

Old 10-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
It´s really nice to see Louise and James included aswell for a change. Looking forward to this wedding. Finally one I actually have time to watch.

Louise was in William and Catherine’s wedding.

It was really sweet of Eugenie to include all the young cousins.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:24 PM
Nobility

I don't believe they have announced a carriage yet. They will likely use the Scottish State Coach if there is rain. That was the back up carriage announced for the Sussexes in case of rain.
Old 10-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Majesty

In advance of Friday’s royal wedding, children from Queensmead School in Windsor processed through a floral arch outside their school building to recreate events following the Windsor wedding of Prince Leopold in 1882.

Via Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Twitter

https://twitter.com/rbwm/status/1049...742286848?s=21

Cute!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully the the rain passes!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Weather is predicting Storm Callum to hit the UK. Do they have a plan B for the wedding?
I'm sure big parts of the wedding are weatherproof, maybe that's why they have "Special attendants" to catch flowergirls flying away in the storm
Old 10-10-2018, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
It´s really nice to see Louise and James included aswell for a change. Looking forward to this wedding. Finally one I actually have time to watch.
I was also really happy to hear this. I even feel like thanking her on Twitter.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Louise was in William and Catherine’s wedding.

It was really sweet of Eugenie to include all the young cousins.
Wasn´t able to watch that one either. So my memory might not serve me well with that one, as it has been years ago.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
I don't believe they have announced a carriage yet. They will likely use the Scottish State Coach if there is rain. That was the back up carriage announced for the Sussexes in case of rain.
Now that's a nice carriage! (link) The Ascot Landau does nothing for me, although I have to admit once the occupants are in the carriage, you tend to focus on them. I don't want it to actually rain during the arrivals and departures but between the chance of rain and the high winds, I can see it being decided to use a covered carriage.

The weather forecast from weather.com:
Scattered Showers
20°C (68°F)
Precipitation: 40%
Wind: 22 mph

from bbc:
Light cloud and a fresh breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
In advance of Friday’s royal wedding, children from Queensmead School in Windsor processed through a floral arch outside their school building to recreate events following the Windsor wedding of Prince Leopold in 1882.

Via Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Twitter

https://twitter.com/rbwm/status/1049...742286848?s=21

Cute!
How precious!
Old 10-10-2018, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
From the perspective that I'm looking at it, this wedding is going to be very much a family affair with cuteness overload with the bridal party of adorable children.

Here in the US, where its more common to have adult bridesmaids, a younger teen in the bridal party is often called a junior bridesmaid. Louise is too old to be included in with the younger children and that, I believe, is the reason for her and James to be called Special Attendants. It will be sweet to see the both of them in formal attire for this.

I know that we, as the public looking on as spectators, can easily see this wedding as being a "lesser" event because we easily see the pecking order and who works and who doesn't work for the family business "the Firm". From the Queen and Philip's viewpoint though, they don't see it this way at all. Eugenie is as much of a beloved granddaughter as any of the other grandchildren these two nonagenarians have. They're seeing this as a family celebration totally separate from the roles they hold within the monarchy and the "Firm".

Philip has shown himself to still be in top form doing the things he loves to do the best and that, I believe, will see him proudly taking his place besides his wife as his granddaughter marries.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:19 PM
Courtier

3 questions?

Does Jack not have any children on his side that could have been attendants?

Is there a way to watch the wedding on Saturday evening?

Are any Foreign Royals attending?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know whether Jack's family has any children but the fact that none are included could be because he doesn't have any or their parents don't want them to take part. Eugenie's cousins children are exposed to the public all the time.

I suspect that the wedding won't be replayed on Saturday evening. I believe ITV are showing the wedding live on Friday morning in the UK. In Australia it is Channel 7 from 7.00 p.m. on Friday night. I am not sure about other countries. I do believe that there are outlets, including The Telegraph that are streaming it live as well.

There has been no announced foreign royals so far. If there are any they would be more likely some of Philip's nieces and nephews and their children - in other words Andrew's other first cousins and their children. Beatrice and Eugenie have been to a couple of there weddings over the years.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would imagine that if this wedding is being streamed on various online sources, they'd be available for replay at anytime similar to how we can go to YouTube now and watch weddings of the past.

After the month we've had around here "living in interesting times", I'm really looking forward to this wedding and cuteness overload of the bridal party. It'll be nice having something good and joyous to make me smile wide.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Is Eugenie befriended with them?

Eugenie allegedly introduced Cressida to Harry so definitely friends with her. She is still often seen with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I hope Pippa and James are able to attend. Her due date must be getting close. It’s only a couple more days for the wedding. She should be good.
I have read that Kate may not attend if Pippa goes into labour on Friday as she is that close to her due date.

As a result I doubt she would attend, if invited, in case she goes into labour in the middle of the service (that would make in memorable).
Old 10-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see why Kate shouldn't attend if her sister goes into labor. Unless she intends to be with Pippa the whole way through, you tend to visit the new parents a good little while after the birth and a visit certainly doesn't last the entire day. This reeks of gossip bullsh.t to me, to be honest.

This is a Royal wedding, not some low-tier event. It'll come first on anyone's agenda who is remotely clear. I recall Pippa and James visiting Kate and William and their newborns at Kensington, not at the hospital.

What is Pippa's relation to Eugenie anyway, that makes people suggest she'd be invited? Or these people always invite one another just because you should.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Majesty

First of all Kate isn’t going to play any part in Pippa’s delivery. They’re close but come on.

The other thing is Pippa and Eugenie are friends. Eugenie and Jack attended Pippa’s wedding. James Middleton and Eugenie were at Marlborough College at the same time, so I’m assuming the invite has already arrived.

The only announced royal not attending is Camilla
Old 10-10-2018, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
3 questions?

Does Jack not have any children on his side that could have been attendants?

Is there a way to watch the wedding on Saturday evening?

Are any Foreign Royals attending?
If you want to watch the arrivals, ceremony and departures on Friday evening, undoubtedly it will be on youtube and other online outlets.

According to telegraph.co.uk, ITV will air a highlights program at 8:00 PM.

This is not a state occasion so any foreign royals will be attending in a personal capacity and therefore we will not know of their attendance until we see them arriving just like the non-royal wedding guests.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This wedding sure is going to be interesting - and absolutely adorable - to watch with the bridal party! Seems like a rather dangerous move putting Savannah, Isla, Mia and Charlotte in the same room together
It's lovely that Louise and James have a significant role in the wedding since they're both probably a little too old to be child bridesmaids and page boys now. I've read before that Eugenie and particularly Louise are very close. There's a lovely photo of the two hugging outside the chapel at St. George's after the Easter service a few years ago, and Eugenie rode in the carriage with the Wessexes at the 2011 Trooping the Colour.

Interesting that Robbie William's daughter is included in the bridal party, I had no idea that Eugenie was close to him. Maybe we'll be seeing a lot of other celebrity guests at the wedding too (I seem to remember that Ed Sheeran attended a party that was hosted by Beatrice and Eugenie a couple of years ago too).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Not such a big event!?! Last time I looked, every Grandchild's Wedding is a big event to the Grandparents, but especially if they're in their Nineties. Royal or otherwise. I completely expect Prince Phillip will be there barring a major change in his Health.

What I really popped in to share is, I got my monthly E Newsletter from The Monarchist League of Canada earlier tonight. In it is some concerning info...Although TLC is available on all Canadian Cable/Satellite Services, & they do have the US Rights to show the Wedding, TMLoC have not been able to confirm if TLC will be able to show it here as well or it'll end up being Geo Blocked. They’re going to keep trying to find out & will send out an update when/if they do.

Sorry to possibly be the bearer of bad tidings to my fellow Canadians.
This Canadian relies on TRF anyway for reporting so I am not worried about missing anything!

Closed Thread