Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the jaw dropping emeralds Catherine wore to the Baftas and reading the speculation that the parure was a gift of Middle Eastern Royalty, I wonder if any of those Royal houses will attend Eugenie’s wedding? Her father has visited the region enough that he may have formed personal relationships with some members of some of the Royal houses. Given her mother’s general acquaintance as well as her father’s - the guest list will be interesting. I assume the Beckhams will get an invite.

You know who will get an invite? Harry Hadden-Paton. He is the godson of Sarah and a fine actor. She regretted, in her autobiography, "My Story", written in 1996, not having him as a young page in her wedding party, when he was a pre-schooler..

Nowadays, you might know him as Edith's true love Bertie Pelham in "Downton Abbey", or, better, as Martin Charteris in "The Crown."

Now, if Emma Thompson brings Greg Wise to Harry's wedding, Greg who played Mountbatten in "The Crown", this starts a somewhat eerie pattern! So many of the BRF's show business stalwart pals have played .... them.

I would expect to see Jack more along the lines of what Edward wore for his wedding, then the 'Ascot' look. :cool:

What is notable is no tabloid nonsense about Jack's parents. When you see the press attention on Meghan's mother and father, the coverage of Beatrice in Los Angeles, the coverage of Eugenie in LA, it is a miracle they have managed to be so private.

What is notable is no tabloid nonsense about Jack's parents. When you see the press attention on Meghan's mother and father, the coverage of Beatrice in Los Angeles, the coverage of Eugenie in LA, it is a miracle they have managed to be so private.

Meghan is a bigger seller, enough to try and stalk her parents. The only ones on her side who talk, are the ones who have no relationship with her and wont. Jack seems close to his parents and brother, and like Meghan's parents, they aren't likely to open up to the press. Grandma did share some lovely thoughts but she is also a 91 year old woman and proud granny :D

Bea and Eugenie only get press when you can spin it for some late night party or vacation.

:previous: Morning dress is pretty standard in the set in which both Jack and Eugenie move. Formal attire for weddings is standard and then, of course, there is Royal Ascot.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...0888.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*

I would expect to see Jack more along the lines of what Edward wore for his wedding, then the 'Ascot' look. :cool:
Sorry, my link from Pippa's wedding got dropped.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomi...ing-Of-Pippa-Middleton-And-James-Matthews.jpg

Do you think Jack and his best man will wear boutonnieres?

They could...I would imagine they will be in suits or tuxes depending on the style of wedding they have

LaRae

I think they will wear boutonnieres. I think there are flowers for the church, reception, Bride, attendants/bridesmaids, Groom, Best man and sidesmen, Mother of the bride and Mother of the groom.

I do too. Being a future in-law Jack won't have a military uniform so it's likely he could wear them.

I do too. Being a future in-law Jack won't have a military uniform so it's likely he could wear them.

Being a future in-law is not why Jack won't be wearing a uniform for his wedding. If he were a military man like Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, he would most likely be wearing a uniform. Tim did.

That is interesting but something else I read stated that Stamp was used as a Christian name after it was first a surname in the family. The family tree that you post doen't seem to indicate when Stamp was used as the surname of one of Jack's ancestors. (I find the name Stamp intriguing and rare as a first name!)

Some info on the Stamp family is on the thread Jack Brooksbank Family and Background. There is a US connection.

Just exactly half a year to go!

Will Andrew push to have Eugenie and Jack's wedding televised? What about a title for Jack and a country estate? A minted coin? I found that Edward and Sophie and Charles and Camilla did get wedding coins, but the common thread is those royals are working royals. How will that go over with E and J getting the same treatment when both are not working for the Firm full time.

I really don't see the public interest in Eugenie and Jack's wedding being anywhere near the interest in Harry and Meghan's at all. There's been discussions in a thread here on a title for Jack Brooksbank and the general opinion is that no, he will not receive or be offered a title upon marriage.

I personally think that Eugenie and Jack's wedding will be handled with perhaps some press interest similar to Pippa and James' wedding and we'll see arrivals and departures and perhaps a carriage ride but for the most part, the wedding ceremony is going to be a private wedding of two private citizens getting married in St. George's Chapel at Windsor. It just so happens though that the bride's grandmother is the Queen.

I don't think it will be televised ..very little chance. I don't think Jack will receive a title, they aren't going to be working royals. Jack has a career. Not sure there's enough interest to warrant a minted coin?

LaRae

I think there could be the slight chance of exclusive access to one channel or a special deal, so while it may not be a massive event, the minimal attention the wedding may get will be drawn to one channel.

Doubt it'll get live streamed inside the Chapel. Maybe Hello like Zara?

Yeah, I'm thinking limited access to one outlet. I personally would love to view this wedding also. Personally, I think there is a 25% chance it may be streamed or aired or recorded for a later release date. Who knows, but I think she is going to make one beautiful bride.

Who is going to pay for their office that would be required as a working royal? Their wardrobe? Charles doesn't want to pay for it considering he'll have to support his siblings as well once his mother is gone. How about after that? Should William support them as well? Then we are down the same path we had before in terms of the Kents and Gloucesters. Public doesn't want that many royals anymore. And royals don't retire at the same age as the rest of us. I don't think anyone can make them either.

And let's not put this entirely on Fergie. Andrew and his antics hasn't helped matters either.

I'm fairly certain that we won't see another HRH who is simply the grandchild of a monarch. Even though the LP allows all grandchildren of a monarch to have the title, I have this suspicion that from now on, it'll most likely go the way of Wessex children.

Pay for what?? They already do exactly what they would do as 'working royals'. Beatrice has 11 patronages, 12 if you include her work with pitch@palace. Beyond that she is a founder of Big Change, and works with We as well. Eugenie has 7 patronages. Both of them manage to do both without private secretaries and offices to do their schedules for them. Both do so without royal funding for their clothes.

The only change would be that they would get some recognition for their work. They would be on the CC. At the very most, perhaps they wouldn't pay rent on their apartments.

The reality is that in the next few years the Kents and Gloucesters will retire. And the queen and Prince Philip. The Cambridges will have the Cornwall money to fund them as Charles will have Lancaster.

Do people really think that the sovereign grant, the money given to pay for all the working royals, will shrink in size with less royals??? That less royals will mean less tax money? No. It will mean more money to pay for less royals. More money to pay for less engagements every year.

There may come a time when all the older have retired off, and Harry and William need some back up. Better not to push the Yorks totally out.

But what about Beatrice?
I know she travels a lot, but doesn't she still need a London base?

It's been reported that the York girls have vacated the apartment they once shared at SJP.

It was never confirmed. Just rumored Andrew wasn't planning on paying rent on the apartment in SJP for just Beatrice, when she is rarely there.

If true, then she may crash with her father when she is in London, or at Royal Lodge. She spends most of her time in NY.

I really don't see the public interest in Eugenie and Jack's wedding being anywhere near the interest in Harry and Meghan's at all. There's been discussions in a thread here on a title for Jack Brooksbank and the general opinion is that no, he will not receive or be offered a title upon marriage.

I personally think that Eugenie and Jack's wedding will be handled with perhaps some press interest similar to Pippa and James' wedding and we'll see arrivals and departures and perhaps a carriage ride but for the most part, the wedding ceremony is going to be a private wedding of two private citizens getting married in St. George's Chapel at Windsor. It just so happens though that the bride's grandmother is the Queen.

There wasn't as much interest in Edward/Sophie or Charles/Camilla but it was still televised.

Not saying there will be full coverage like Harry. But there likely will be some coverage of the wedding, more then Pippa. Its the first wedding of a royal princess since Anne's wedding to Mark.

I just hope they don't go selling exclusive rights to some magazine, like Peter Phillips did.
So tacky!

I can't see there being a carriage ride through Windsor for the couple, though personally I'd like to see one. It's just that would mean high security costs once more. The wedding is likely to be filmed and later made available to view but I just don't think it will be televised. Not enough interest IMO. I do think that there's likely to be lots of photographers there though and we'll get a heap of photos of the guests and the wedding party.

Does Jack have any siblings, nieces, nephews, godchildren who could be in the wedding party?

Well, maybe not a magazine, but I do hope we get some exclusive footage from inside. I don't know, sell the rights to ITV or something.

I can't see there being a carriage ride through Windsor for the couple, though personally I'd like to see one. It's just that would mean high security costs once more. The wedding is likely to be filmed and later made available to view but I just don't think it will be televised. Not enough interest IMO. I do think that there's likely to be lots of photographers there though and we'll get a heap of photos of the guests and the wedding party.

Does Jack have any siblings, nieces, nephews, godchildren who could be in the wedding party?

This is what I think also, which is not a bad deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack has one brother, Thomas, who is two years younger (same age as Beatrice).

But I don't believe he is married.

Still, the extended royal family has children of the right age, like the Duke of Gloucester's grandchildren, and some grandchildren of the Duke of Kent.
They could do the Boy/Girl pairings if they liked.

I agree Curryong that a carriage procession for Windsor is not likely to happen due to the high cost for security. I believe that any press coverage will be similar to Peter and Zara's weddings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom