The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Harry and Meghan leaving until the 14th.
The suggestion was the 13th not being an acceptable date to some, so independent of the exact date Harry and Meghan are leaving, that option was ruled out by the poster I responded to

Old 10-08-2018, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Will the wedding of Jack and Princess Eugenie eventually be available on DVD?

Old 10-08-2018, 10:35 PM
Majesty

Thank you to @MerseyGirls for the beautiful Wedding dance for Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank! #RoyalWedding. Music @elliegoulding

Via The Duke of York Twitter

Old 10-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Don't tell me that among ALL the senior royals present at the wedding (and among them the busiest of them all : Anne and Charles), Camilla is the only one who had a scheduled engagement that day !
And, unless the members of the BRF are blind and deaf (seems unlikely considering the army of PR advisers surrounding them), they all pretty know that the absence of the second lady of the Land will be a talking point.
I'm not saying that Camilla is ostracised by the BRF, but c'mon there must be something behind it (and yes i'm looking at you, Sarah).
Maybe i'm totally wrong (and in a way i really hope so) but you must admit that the absence of Camilla is quite a coincidence ....
Perhaps she was the only senior royal who had made a commitment to attend an event that a number of other people had also already committed to attend.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Courtier

After speaking with friends here, trying to put together a viewing party, it seems most people don't know Eugenie from Beatrice and their only reference is Beatrice's Hat from William's wedding.

But one good friend is in the know, so, since she wakes up super early, we will probably watch it live at my house. Depending on circumstances with her family, we will either record it and watch it during an early luncheon, or clock in earlier in front of my TV in the wee hours.

Our focus will be on the gown and what's on her head.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Don't tell me that among ALL the senior royals present at the wedding (and among them the busiest of them all : Anne and Charles), Camilla is the only one who had a scheduled engagement that day !
And, unless the members of the BRF are blind and deaf (seems unlikely considering the army of PR advisers surrounding them), they all pretty know that the absence of the second lady of the Land will be a talking point.
I'm not saying that Camilla is ostracised by the BRF, but c'mon there must be something behind it (and yes i'm looking at you, Sarah).
Maybe i'm totally wrong (and in a way i really hope so) but you must admit that the absence of Camilla is quite a coincidence ....
Not sure if this is what you're hinting at but ...I don't think Sarah would be foolish enough to even hint that Camilla wasn't welcome. Charles & Philip would go ballistic and the Queen would disapprove. Sarah would be even more disliked in the family than she is now. But this is just my opinion.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally, I'm inclined to just believe what we've been told. Camilla has decided to honor a commitment she made that conflicts with the wedding date. Nothing more, nothing less.

To me, making assumptions of something dastardly going on or coming up with conspiracy theories that Camilla will not be there for any other reason that what we've been told is, bluntly, acting like the tabloids that feed on that kind of thing and live to make tsunamis in teacups.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:16 AM
Nobility

Is it expected that Andrew and Sarah will enter the chapel together? If not who will most likely accompany Sarah to her seat? Someone from Jack's family or Eugenie's?
Old 10-09-2018, 12:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
Is it expected that Andrew and Sarah will enter the chapel together? If not who will most likely accompany Sarah to her seat? Someone from Jack's family or Eugenie's?
Depends on how the wedding party shakes out. I feel pretty sure Andrew will be walking Eugenie down the aisle, but if she decides against having adult bridesmaids that frees up Beatrice to walk in with her mother. If Beatrice is in the wedding party then I presume that Sarah pulls a Doria and walks in alone unless she decides to pull up a sibling/ask Jack's family to walk in with her.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness

It depends how many page boys and flower girls she uses and their ages, if there is a lot of them then Beatrice might not be able to handle them alone, then Sarah might be used back there to shepherd the kids along with Beatrice. Meghan also needed multiple adults for that.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Nobility

Doria arrived alone in the car but didn't walk in alone. She was accompanied by charlie van Straubenzee Harry's close friend.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Another scenario that is a possibility is that with Camilla not attending, Charles may do the honors of walking the mother of the bride to her seat. I know people have said that Charles isn't overly fond of Sarah but to be honest, I can't recall reading that anywhere.

Andrew, though, most definitely will walk his daughter down the aisle. Proudly beaming all the way too.

If the little ones in the bridal party need tending to, I imagine it will be done by their mothers or, at least, someone the children know. Sarah wouldn't really know any of the children overly much and be like a total stranger to them. But then again.... what do I know?
Old 10-09-2018, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
She walked to the entrance by herself for the Sussex wedding. I’m sure she wouldn’t mind making that journey alone again if needed.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:03 AM
Nobility

Sarah arrived alone inside the chapel but she was accompanied to her seat by Jack.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Fact, Friday 13th!
I didn't even notice
My parents married on October 13th and were happily married for almost 51 years before my dad died. You just don't let it bother you.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:16 AM
Serene Highness

The headline is misleading, but it appears the Windsor police force has asked for additional funds to defray the cost of having 2 Royal weddings this year. Contrary to what the headline suggests - the costs of security for Eugenie’s wedding aren’t yet known.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-wedding.html
Irrespective of where Eugenie chose to marry, security costs would increase for the local police agency because where her family - the Royal family - gather, the crowds follow, thus the need for security in today’s world.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
My parents married on October 13th and were happily married for almost 51 years before my dad died. You just don't let it bother you.
Luckily Eugenie and jack are being married on the 12th

It seems like it came down to Camilla or Harry. The issue with such a huge family who all have commitments us finding a day they can all attend. Camilla had only been in the family for over a decade. not saying that she isn't important but Eugenie didn't grow up with her.

Harry has always been very close to the Yorks. He holidays with them. He even invited Sarah to his wedding. It's understandable that Harry being able to attend was more important to her.

Beatrice has been confirmed to be in the wedding party. So no walking mom.

Perhaps Sarah will be accompanied by a member if her family. I'd think a few fergusons will make the list.

Pippa wrangled all the kids at the Cambridge wedding. Unless there are a lot of really small ones, Beatrice likely can do fine.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillVictoria View Post
Depends on how the wedding party shakes out. I feel pretty sure Andrew will be walking Eugenie down the aisle, but if she decides against having adult bridesmaids that frees up Beatrice to walk in with her mother. If Beatrice is in the wedding party then I presume that Sarah pulls a Doria and walks in alone unless she decides to pull up a sibling/ask Jack's family to walk in with her.

Eugenie said in an interview that Beatrice would be her Maid of Honour.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

According to the Daily Mail...

The Duke of Kent won’t be attending the ‘tequila-fueled’ evening party. Good choice, Your Royal Highness. You don’t really seem like a party animal.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Irrespective of where Eugenie chose to marry, security costs would increase for the local police agency because where her family - the Royal family - gather, the crowds follow, thus the need for security in today’s world.
Not true. Peter’s wedding saw about the same amount of royals, and security cost was not nearly the issue. Security forces have to increase exponentially when you allow others into the ground and go out in a carriage ride on public streets. That’s always the highest risk and most expensive part. And people would not gather if there is no carriage procession.

Closed Thread