Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only repeating what I have heard - that Pippa's due date is basically this weekend and Kate wants to be there for her sister. Not unusual for many sisters to be together at that time, even if not in the room.

I am sure if Pippa can be there she will but if her due date is the one that has been put out I doubt she would attend the wedding and take the risk of going into labour during the service ... is that what you would want a friend to do to you?

And Kate's 5 year old and 3 year old are in this wedding. I think Kate will be at the wedding. Pippa may not.

If Pippa has her baby while Kate is at the wedding, she may head back to London instead of attending the reception but I don't see Kate missing seeing her own children in the wedding.

I do wonder why there are no Ferguson relatives involved though.

Maybe the Fergusons didn't want the publicity or limelight.

Pippa & James invited Eugenie & Jack to their wedding so I'm sure P & J have been invited. I agree if she is very close to her due date she probably won't attend a wedding in Windsor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reality is pippa and Eugenie are not BFF. Eugenie went to school with James, whether she knew him or not at school, questionable. Eugenie was one of a couple hundred guests at Pippas wedding, of varying levels of familiarity.

Going any where when you are even eight months pregnant as Zara was is uncomfortable. Sitting through a long church wedding. I used Zara as it is a British example, and is just as relevant here.

The point being as Eugenie and pippa are not related, nor that close friends, I highly doubt Pippa is intending to show up.

Actually, Pippa's wedding ceremony only had about 100-120 guests for which both Eugenie and Jack made the cut. Seeing as how other people were left off that list, I would believe they are bonafide friends. So yes, if Pippa was only 8 months pregnant, like Zara was, then I do believe she would plan to attend. Since we are to believe she's 9 months pregnant, then yes, she's likely stay home.

2 more days folks!

2 days for us in North America, but already Thursday in the UK. Really down to the home stretch. I always enjoy the setting-up pictures from the day before royal weddings, so looking forward to what Thursday brings.

The Duke of York twittered that the wedding will be shown live on their You Tube channel, without geo block.

Which at the time I posted that information, no one knew about the live streaming on You Tube & there was every chance of that happening.

From the perspective that I'm looking at it, this wedding is going to be very much a family affair with cuteness overload with the bridal party of adorable children.

Here in the US, where its more common to have adult bridesmaids, a younger teen in the bridal party is often called a junior bridesmaid. Louise is too old to be included in with the younger children and that, I believe, is the reason for her and James to be called Special Attendants. It will be sweet to see the both of them in formal attire for this.

I know that we, as the public looking on as spectators, can easily see this wedding as being a "lesser" event because we easily see the pecking order and who works and who doesn't work for the family business "the Firm". From the Queen and Philip's viewpoint though, they don't see it this way at all. Eugenie is as much of a beloved granddaughter as any of the other grandchildren these two nonagenarians have. They're seeing this as a family celebration totally separate from the roles they hold within the monarchy and the "Firm".

Philip has shown himself to still be in top form doing the things he loves to do the best and that, I believe, will see him proudly taking his place besides his wife as his granddaughter marries.

Thank you!!

Love all the Cousins that are taking part, but especially Louise & James. I was hoping Louise would be a Jr Bridesmaid & I can't wait to see her Friday morning"

Kate may or may not miss the wedding. The palace wouldn't know it yet. But I think Kate will at least go for the ceremony. With the kids in the wedding and all. If pippa has given birth, she may choose to skip the rest.

Kate and her sister are close but they're not conjoined twins who can't breathe without each other .

Expect to see Hollywood stars, fashion supremos, big names from the business world & probably a smattering of foreign royals amongst the congregation

Via Mark Stewart @RegalEyes Twitter.

Expect to see Hollywood stars, fashion supremos, big names from the business world & probably a smattering of foreign royals amongst the congregation

Via Mark Stewart @RegalEyes Twitter.

Foreign royals ? If any of the current reigning royal houses is represented, it will be a surprise to me.

I seriously doubt any foreign royals would be there representing their countries as its not a state wedding but some foreign royals would be there as personal friends of Eugenie and Jack. I think someone upthread mentioned some of the possibilities.

There will be no seating according to royal precedence other than those of the British Royal Family because, once again, this isn't a state wedding.

Foreign royals ? If any of the current reigning royal houses is represented, it will be a surprise to me.

Not reigning in Europe, but certainly some others are strong possibilities especially from Germany. I don’t think anyone said otherwise.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt any foreign royals would be there representing their countries as its not a state wedding but some foreign royals would be there as personal friends of Eugenie and Jack. I think someone upthread mentioned some of the possibilities.

There will be no seating according to royal precedence other than those of the British Royal Family because, once again, this isn't a state wedding.
I think there will be reasonable smattering of former royals, and not so senior members of reigning royal families. Expect a reasonable M-Eastern contingent.

Foreign royals for a non state occasion wedding for a ninth in line to the throne? If there's a family tie I get it but the royal contingent looks like a blend of Andrew Sarah 2.0 and Keeping up with the Sussexes. It's not looking like Eugenie and Jack's wedding.

Foreign royals for a non state occasion wedding for a ninth in line to the throne? If there's a family tie I get it but the royal contingent looks like a blend of Andrew Sarah 2.0 and Keeping up with the Sussexes. It's not looking like Eugenie and Jack's wedding.
Any foreign royals present will only be there because of a direct personal relationship with the Yorks, not because of E's position in the BRF.

The Dean of Windsor has said it will be a "privilege" to lead Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank’s wedding tomorrow "because I've known Eugenie for such a long time”

Last edited:
And foreign royal doesn't necessarily mean reigning.

A lot of times, no matter whose wedding it is, the parents also invite their close friends. So, with this in mind, I'm going to agree with Muriel that we'll most likely see a nice contingent of Middle Eastern guests as Andrew seems to have an affinity for doing business in that area. I wouldn't have a clue which of them were considered "royal" or not.

All the guests will be there at the invitation of Eugenie and Jack and their families. Royal status, position and rank will not play a part in this.

Looks like the brilliant @SimonLycett is among the florists working on Princess Eugenie’s wedding tomorrow. He’ll be joining a stellar cast of @RobvanHelden1 @paulthomasltd and Pulbrook & Gould and it’s all about roses #royalwedding

Via Roya Nikkhah Twitter

Princess Eugenie's Wedding: Choristers excited to sing at second royal wedding in a year

Looks like the brilliant @SimonLycett is among the florists working on Princess Eugenie’s wedding tomorrow. He’ll be joining a stellar cast of @RobvanHelden1 @paulthomasltd and Pulbrook & Gould and it’s all about roses #royalwedding

Via Roya Nikkhah Twitter

4 different florist? Seems extreme.

My final bets on what Eugenie wears for the wedding are:

Tiara-Strathmore Rose/York Diamond
I can't choose, so if she wears one or the other, I still win

Dress designer - Roksanda
British-based, and someone E has worked with before

Actually if you follow the yorks you woukd realize that the girls socialize with the former royals. Eugenie and Jack attended thevhanniver weddung in South America recently. Her she Beatrice are known yo socialize in the sane circles as the Cassiraghi trio and people like the German prince Harry hunts with. Beatrice at least attended the wedding of Amedeo and Elisabetta.

Here comes the bride... and groom! Princess Eugenie and her husband-to-be Jack Brooksbank arrive at Windsor Castle ahead of their wedding tomorrow

• Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have today arrived at St George's Chapel
  • Pair made their way to chapel in Windsor joined by Eugenie's immediate family
  • Princess beamed as she pulled into Windsor Castle, followed by sister Beatrice
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ve-Windsor-Castle-ahead-wedding-tomorrow.html

The York's have a bridal registry
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...nvited-direct-gifts-Duke-Yorks-residence.html

This has bad optics written all over it.
How is it bad optics to have a wedding registry? Most people who attend weddings buy gifts for the couple and a registry allows the invitee to get a gift that they know the couple wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it bad optics to have a wedding registry? Most people who attend weddings buy gifts for the couple and a registry allows the invitee to get a gift that they know the couple wants.

I believe both Cambridges and Sussexes asked for donations to charity. It's a bad look when the public has to chip in for your wedding as well. I'm sure Cambridges and Sussexes still received gifts from their nearest and dearest, but most of it did go to charity.

I believe both Cambridges and Sussexes asked for donations to charity. It's a bad look when the public has to chip in for your wedding as well. I'm sure Cambridges and Sussexes still received gifts from their nearest and dearest, but most of it did go to charity.

Yes, and it's an especially bad look when you are the daughter of Sarah, who has the unfortunate image of being a bit of a money grubber herself.

It would have been better to keep any registry a private one that only invited guests could have accessed, and just do the "donations to charity" thing for the general public.

Yes, and it's an especially bad look when you are the daughter of Sarah, who has the unfortunate image of being a bit of a money grubber herself.

It would have been better to keep any registry a private one that only invited guests could have accessed, and just do the "donations to charity" thing for the general public.

I think even the guests were asked to donate to charity, no? The rumor was that Sussexes had a very small registry at Soho House. But it was so small that it's clearly only intended for very few people. Same was the case for Cambridges if they stories that came out were right. But in general, I think it's just a bad look to use what is now becoming a public event as personally profiting for royals. On the flip side, had this been like Peter or Zara's weddings, it wouldn't be an issue at all. Can't have it both ways and expect it to go over well.

Last edited:

You do realise that the first bit is exactly what has happened? The article says that Eugenie has included the information about the wedding registry in the invitations sent out. The invitations also include information on what time to arrive and where.

This registry is for guests at the wedding to purchase gifts for them. They haven't asked the public to buy them presents.

Henry and Meghan asked all their guests to donate to charity, Jack and Eugenie have decided not to. Katie Nicholls from Vanity Fair has somehow got the information on what was inside the invitations, including information on the wedding registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom