The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 09:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Where did you read that? That sounds like something a tabloid made up to make Andrew look ridiculous. It doesn't sound true to me.

It's hogwash...it's a tabloid article. The same article said Stella McCartney designed Meghan's wedding dress...tells you how accurate they aren't.

LaRae

Old 09-17-2018, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Please note that this thread has had a tidy up. If people wish to discuss the costs of royal security or debate the relevancy of the Monarchy, they may do so in the correct threads.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Well, when I say that she has been interested for many years, I'm afraid her interest is limited to the Queen, Charles, and his line. She knows quite a bit about them but very little (and cares less) about the extended RF.

I suspect this is true of a great many other people, at least here in the USA.
You are correct about most all in USA. Some were interested in Harry and Meghan's wedding because of Meghan being American and of mixed race. They were mostly the younger people. Other than that I am the only person I know [family including my 20+ yo grandchildren and all my friends] that showed the least interest in the event. I had one woman my age group that stated how nice the Queen looked at her age still when she saw picture in media! That was it. I can understand Canadian citizens being vastly interested as the BR are part of their culture and government, but actually nothing generally to American citizens. They don't understand my interest but I always was vastly interested in history which they don't even teach in many American school systems anymore. My own grandchildren can't even name the Queen's 4 children much less their children or other lesser royals. Forget other countries royal families. They could care less. So this wedding will not touch the lives of many millions here in America. JMHO
Old 09-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
You are correct about most all in USA. Some were interested in Harry and Meghan's wedding because of Meghan being American and of mixed race. They were mostly the younger people. Other than that I am the only person I know [family including my 20+ yo grandchildren and all my friends] that showed the least interest in the event. I had one woman my age group that stated how nice the Queen looked at her age still when she saw picture in media! That was it. I can understand Canadian citizens being vastly interested as the BR are part of their culture and government, but actually nothing generally to American citizens. They don't understand my interest but I always was vastly interested in history which they don't even teach in many American school systems anymore. My own grandchildren can't even name the Queen's 4 children much less their children or other lesser royals. Forget other countries royal families. They could care less. So this wedding will not touch the lives of many millions here in America. JMHO
And why would it? It's not the royal family of the US. I don't think many Americans for example knew about the weddings of the various crown prince(sse)s in Europe when they got married while those people are far more important as (future) head of states compared to the youngest child of a queen's third child.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:04 PM
Majesty

You need to be watching @ITV in any case. But especially on 12 October! WHo knows what we might show ...

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter

Looks like there will be some coverage
Old 09-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Did people think there wouldn't be coverage? I think the arrivals, departures, and the carriage procession was always expected to be aired. It always is. The main question is will the wedding itself be aired/streamed to watch. I hope it is on the official Royal Family YouTube channel. Makes the most sense but if ITV is doing it than great!
Old 09-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Courtier

There are also additional comings and goings happening on the Saturday 13th October, as well, with a big evening party planned I understand. I doubt any pictures will be released.

I believe the theme is based on the FUN FAIR with rides, but how accurate this is time will tell.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Channel 7 here in Australia are advertising that they will have 'the only cameras inside the church' for Eugenie's wedding. They are calling themselves 'The Royal Channel'.

I haven't seen that add before - it is part of the add for 'The Queen and the World' which they are showing this coming Sunday night and they also have the 'Harry and Meghan - First 100 Days' on their schedule.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Channel 7 here in Australia are advertising that they will have 'the only cameras inside the church' for Eugenie's wedding. They are calling themselves 'The Royal Channel'.

I haven't seen that add before - it is part of the add for 'The Queen and the World' which they are showing this coming Sunday night and they also have the 'Harry and Meghan - First 100 Days' on their schedule.
Here's the ad itself : https://www.facebook.com/channel7/vi...1962496347875/

Isn't this what happened with Harry's wedding too though? A few weeks before the wedding only PBS said they were covering it, but than the week before others started announcing their coverage. Of course, it won't be even close to as many channels for Eugenie's, but if there will be cameras inside the chapel from the Aussies than I do think ITV will take advantage of it.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Here's the ad itself : https://www.facebook.com/channel7/vi...1962496347875/

Isn't this what happened with Harry's wedding too though? A few weeks before the wedding only PBS said they were covering it, but than the week before others started announcing their coverage. Of course, it won't be even close to as many channels for Eugenie's, but if there will be cameras inside the chapel from the Aussies than I do think ITV will take advantage of it.
No...both US and UK and AUS channels announced they were sending teams and covering the wedding beginning in March for the Sussex wedding.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:41 AM
Majesty

Royal bride-to-be Princess Eugenie is on the cover of our October issue, which is now available to purchase and download at pocketmags.com. #royal

Pic

Eugenie makes the cover of Majesty Magazine
Old 09-18-2018, 11:13 AM
Serene Highness

Dayum she looks just like her father.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
No...both US and UK and AUS channels announced they were sending teams and covering the wedding beginning in March for the Sussex wedding.
I can’t remember the Aus, but the US channels were known to go with extensive coverage from the get go. It’s a matter of announcing the logistics later (how many would actually go, which for a lot ended up being most of the team). IIRC, PBS was actually one of the last ones, if not the last, to announce final details about type and coverage team. There was never a question about whether it’ll be televise. That was known the day after the announcement at the BP briefing.

Most channels in AUS would still cover it to some extent. A Aussie royal reporter said on the first Royal Rota is that it’ll be covered as news, but not special programming.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was there with bells on for Harry and Meghan and I will be for Eugenie/Jack ...Royal weddings are like ice cream or pizza....there is no such thing as a bad one!

Seriously why all this controversy about cost and coverage and competition? I just want to WATCH ANOTHER ROYAL WEDDING dammit

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-19-2018, 12:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Swiss Members?

I will be in Switzerland on October 12. Any ideas on where to watch? The house we rent has limited channels, but maybe I can do something with my iPad. Thanks!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-19-2018, 12:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I can understand Canadian citizens being vastly interested as the BR are part of their culture and government, but actually nothing generally to American citizens.
No, most Canadians aren't vastly interested in the BRF...that's just me. :)

That being said, Canadians probably do know about the royal family than Americans. I've had friends mention Prince William and Harry and even their ex-girlfriends like Chelsy Davey...and someone mention Beatrice and Eugenie's attire at William and Kate's wedding...

My age group is the same as the younger generation of royals, so maybe that's partly why. I am sure few people my age know who Edward is, for example.

I am curious to see if the wedding will be covered in Canada - has anyone heard or seen any news?
Old 09-19-2018, 04:02 PM
Majesty

My entry card for the wedding of HRH Princess Eugenie of York arrived today. Only a few weeks to go now & I’ll be in the grounds of #WindsorCastle watching the whole @RoyalFamily arrive for the special occasion #excited #cannotwait #RoyalWedding2018

Pic

Via Emma Wilson Twitter
Old 09-19-2018, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Oh that's wonderful news, Rudolph!! Know that all of us here will probably be watching and scanning the crowd outside St. George's Chapel knowing one of us it there.

How 'bout carrying a *huge* sign saying "Hello TRF!!!"

ETA: Old eyes and lack of caffeine strikes again. Rudolph kindly has pointed out that it isn't *his* entry card but rather was posting a Twitter. I need my eyes examined. Badly.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
My entry card for the wedding of HRH Princess Eugenie of York arrived today. Only a few weeks to go now & I’ll be in the grounds of #WindsorCastle watching the whole @RoyalFamily arrive for the special occasion #excited #cannotwait #RoyalWedding2018

Pic

Via Emma Wilson Twitter
Thank you for sharing, Rudolph! I hope you have a fantastic time - don't forget to share your experiences and photos here with TRF

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Rudolph has posted a note from someone's Twitter account... he is not attending himself.

Closed Thread