The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #961  
Old 09-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
Whatever you think about this royal wedding it has touched a nerve. I peaked at the Fail comments section and it's going to near 3000. The bulk is about the cost of a wedding for a ninth in line to the throne and the perception of the UK taxpayer is picking up the tab for the broadcast. Is ITV as privately owned station?
__________________

  #962  
Old 09-16-2018, 11:44 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Whatever you think about this royal wedding it has touched a nerve. I peaked at the Fail comments section and it's going to near 3000. The bulk is about the cost of a wedding for a ninth in line to the throne and the perception of the UK taxpayer is picking up the tab for the broadcast. Is ITV as privately owned station?
That's a low number for the York Haters section of the DM comment section. Please, you can't take them seriously and all they do is spew hate.
__________________

  #963  
Old 09-16-2018, 11:59 AM
W.Y.CII's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Somewhere, Hong Kong
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
That's a low number for the York Haters section of the DM comment section. Please, you can't take them seriously and all they do is spew hate. I mean they are the people that make up a rude nicknames like MeAgain (Meghan) and Beetroot (Beatrice)
OT but I would say you can't take anything from Daily Fail seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To me, streaming it on the YouTube channel would be the most logical and best solution.
Agree. They can fully utilize it. I think BRF YouTube channel had streamed H&M wedding too?
__________________
Bad money drives out good.
  #964  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:09 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
That's a low number for the York Haters section of the DM comment section. Please, you can't take them seriously and all they do is spew hate.
Pretty much. Honestly who cares about the DM comment section? It is a troll cease pool where they attack every member of the royal family.
  #965  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,848
This is true. I looked up "troll" in the dictionary and it said "Daily Mail commentators" in black and white.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #966  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:34 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
the perception of the UK taxpayer is picking up the tab for the broadcast. Is ITV as privately owned station?
You are exactly right, it is perception. DM comments on ALL Royal related articles are littered with incorrect perceptions because the article does not represent the true fact, never would because that wouldn't get enough reads.

In the current DM article about The Queens trip to church this morning there is no less than 6 comments on the first page relating to the cost of royals, all royals. Those commenter are unaware that they only pay for The Queen and the DOE. But if the DM told them that, then it wouldn't be interesting now would it?

ITV is not publicly owned like the BBC.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #967  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,533
This, IMO, is why the Palace may be quiet happy for the wedding not to be televised. Probably quite wrongly, the public are not supportive of Andrew & his family and see them as living a high life on taxpayers money and allowing the wedding to be televised for all to see won't be the best PR for the Palace and the royal family as a whole.
  #968  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
This, IMO, is why the Palace may be quiet happy for the wedding not to be televised. Probably quite wrongly, the public are not supportive of Andrew & his family and see them as living a high life on taxpayers money and allowing the wedding to be televised for all to see won't be the best PR for the Palace and the royal family as a whole.
The public will see it no matter what. While a lot of stations won’t cover it like the Sussex wedding, they will still cover it as news. Just not preempt hours of regular coverage for it. The best way to handle this is just let the chips fall where they may at this point. Stream it on YouTube and if any station wants to carry it live, let them. Don’t make too much of a stink about it is the best way.

So I guess BBC won’t air anything the royal family wants them to like I was told earlier in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Eugenie really isn’t ‘so far down the line’. If we want to nick-pic, Harry is closer to Eugenie and Beatrice in the line of succession than he is to his brother.

All the senior royals will be at Eugenie’s wedding as will a host of celebrities and maybe even a foreign royal or two. Chris Ship from ITV keeps repeating there will be cameras. Of course American networks aren’t coming over but they don’t have to. If you have a smartphone, you’ll be able to watch the wedding.
If you want to nick-pic about it, Harry is going to be a son of a monarch and Eugenie won’t. And Harry is a working royal while Eugenie isn’t. Those two factors make a big difference. At this point, Eugenie is seen as far enough down the line where pomp and pageantry of a royal wedding is seen as unnecessary. While there is always some that sees royal events as unnecessary, it’s far greater for the York girls than the Wales boys. Even though all are HRHs and grandchildren of the monarch. That’s just the reality of it. And I do think popularity, or the lack thereof, for the York family play into it. Not saying I agree it, but that’s the reality here.
  #969  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,533
I know the public will see it anyway, and I said that myself earlier up in this thread, my point is having a big "Eugenie Royal Wedding show" on BBC1 might just be a headache for the palace PR people anyway when a large majority of people don't care and a small minority actually dislike the Yorks. Better to let those people who want to go online and watch it do just that.

The BBC will air whatever it feels will be of interest and be worth the investment for the public it serves. Eugenie is not (no matter what others may feel ) a "core" member of the RF who's wedding is an important event for the country (TBF even Harry's probably wasn't) so the BBC doesn't have to show it unless there is enough public desire for them to do so.
The BBC have a good relationship with the RF and always broadcast various programmes for major royal events including those with plenty of insider royal access to suggest a good relationship. Look at the Elizabeth at 90 – A Family Tribute and The Coronation which saw the Queen come to closest to an interview we have ever seen. I don't see how any one can suggest the BBC and Royal Household don't have a good relationship.
  #970  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,388
I'm one of the biggest shouters for this wedding, but I do not think it should be televised. The best idea is to stream it on the royal youtube channel.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #971  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The BBC will air whatever it feels will be of interest and be worth the investment for the public it serves. Eugenie is not (no matter what others may feel ) a "core" member of the RF who's wedding is an important event for the country (TBF even Harry's probably wasn't) so the BBC doesn't have to show it unless there is enough public desire for them to do so.
The BBC have a good relationship with the RF and always broadcast various programmes for major royal events including those with plenty of insider royal access to suggest a good relationship. Look at the Elizabeth at 90 – A Family Tribute and The Coronation which saw the Queen come to closest to an interview we have ever seen. I don't see how any one can suggest the BBC and Royal Household don't have a good relationship.
Not saying they don’t have a good relationship. But some have said BBC will air whatever the royal family wants it to air. Which is obviously not true.
  #972  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:24 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
Actually the family’s relationship with ITV has been a lot stronger than with the BBC lately. Ever since that BBC documentary a few years back that wasn’t really too flattering, the Firm has been going more with ITV. The upcoming Commonwealth documentary is being done by ITV

But the DM story about ITV ‘stepping in’ to save the day I think is just another way of having a go at Andrew. I think the DM probably knows there will be ITV coverage. I don’t think Chris Ship would be tweeting as much as he’s been doing, if he doesn’t have a pretty good idea about it.

Right from the beginning of this thread, the opinion was it wouldn’t be televised. Then we starting getting rumours it will. Apparently an Australian network will cover it as well. It’ll be be on YouTube. Anyone who wants to watch, can do so.

I don’t think BP particularly cares if CNN or NBC cover it. That was always highly unlikely anyway.
  #973  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Most Australian stations won’t cover it the same way either. They’ll cover it, but that doesn’t mean preempt regular programs for hours and air the wedding as a special.
  #974  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:43 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
I think for the Queen, first and foremost, it’s her granddaughters wedding. There’s obviously interest enough for 100,000 requests for 1200 spaces inside the castle grounds. The people of Windsor are excited. Hello Canada had a special on Eugenie’s wedding and the mayor of Windsor said everyone is getting pumped for it.

That it’s not going to be broadcast around the world is frankly Of little concern for Eugenie. I don’t think she’s too bothered by the fame game.
  #975  
Old 09-16-2018, 01:53 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Most Australian stations won’t cover it the same way either. They’ll cover it, but that doesn’t mean preempt regular programs for hours and air the wedding as a special.
I think it's obvious that, yes, most won't but there is one that is already going to be broadcasting the wedding live-Channel 7. And even if they are the only ones, than I think that's fine because it fall's in line to how I see this wedding, one step below Harry's and one above the Phillips'.
  #976  
Old 09-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,908
In some shape or form there will be coverage in Canada as well. We always go for stuff like this. It may just be a feed from ITV, but I think either CBC or Global will have it on.
  #977  
Old 09-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Good point, Osipi!
My sister-in-law has been interested in the BRF for many years, but in a recent tour of BP, she couldn't tell Beatrice from Eugenie in the photos.
They simply haven't been given enough press coverage.
That surprises me, since I have been interested in the BRF since I was a child and (from photo books of their events) I could pick out all the more minor members of the family, including Lady Davina and Lady Rose Windsor and the Earl of Ulster, etc.

Not saying at all that I don't believe you; I'm just surprised that Beatrice and Eugenie are so little-known by many people even in Britain, probably because I follow the royals closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
If you want to nick-pic about it, Harry is going to be a son of a monarch and Eugenie won’t. And Harry is a working royal while Eugenie isn’t. Those two factors make a big difference.
While this is true and I agree people see Harry as more important for these reasons, Harry will likely be a son of a monarch for only a short time. After that his status will be more similar to Princess Margaret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
In some shape or form there will be coverage in Canada as well. We always go for stuff like this. It may just be a feed from ITV, but I think either CBC or Global will have it on.
I hope there is coverage. I like Eugenie and would watch this wedding if I can, although it is on a weekday.
  #978  
Old 09-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,784
Well the tabloids are having a go with the York wedding. They are making Andrew look like dad-zilla of the bride. He allegedly went into the BBC offices and demanded Eugenie's wedding be televised, or must be televised. They are aware of the sentiments of the cost of the wedding and trying to gin up a new royal wedding scandal.
  #979  
Old 09-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
That surprises me, since I have been interested in the BRF since I was a child and (from photo books of their events) I could pick out all the more minor members of the family, including Lady Davina and Lady Rose Windsor and the Earl of Ulster, etc.

Not saying at all that I don't believe you; I'm just surprised that Beatrice and Eugenie are so little-known by many people even in Britain, probably because I follow the royals closely.
Well, when I say that she has been interested for many years, I'm afraid her interest is limited to the Queen, Charles, and his line. She knows quite a bit about them but very little (and cares less) about the extended RF.

I suspect this is true of a great many other people, at least here in the USA.
  #980  
Old 09-16-2018, 08:40 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Well the tabloids are having a go with the York wedding. They are making Andrew look like dad-zilla of the bride. He allegedly went into the BBC offices and demanded Eugenie's wedding be televised, or must be televised. They are aware of the sentiments of the cost of the wedding and trying to gin up a new royal wedding scandal.
Where did you read that? That sounds like something a tabloid made up to make Andrew look ridiculous. It doesn't sound true to me.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 228 03-15-2018 09:50 PM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian britain british british royal family buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation customs doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics gradenigo harry and meghan hello! henry viii highgrove history house of windsor japan japanese imperial family japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos liechtenstein line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists monarchy nara period plantinum jubilee politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family state visit st edward sussex suthida thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×