Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinking View Post
That is not what I meant, since I too comment on many subjects

It the financial dimension of things I was refereeing to
The financial dimension of it is a real topic when it comes to royals. Doesn't mean we are outraged by it, but just matter of fact that it wouldn't be good optics (well, ok, some are ). And optics and financial topics are sore subjects when it comes to royalty. If they are just a bunch of wealthy socialites spending their own money, that's a different story. Like I said earlier, it's one thing when she wants to have an entirely private wedding, but when she adds unnecessary public parts to it, it opens it up for discussion.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I comment often on royal titles and styles, not only of the British RF, but of other RFs as well, because it is a subject I happen to be interested in. The fact that I don't live in a European country doesn't mean that I cannot have a personal opinion on those matters,

The issue with the York wedding is, however, completely different IMHO. I might get in trouble for saying that, but it seems to me that there is a very active group of devout Meghan Markle fans on this forums and elsewhere who have the impression that there is some kind of "competition" going on between Harry/Meghan and Eugenie/Jack to see who gets the "biggest" wedding. Those fans then lash out at Eugenie for what they perceive as an attempt to outdo the Sussexes. On top of that, there is a lot of negative feelings on the part of some posters against Andrew and Sarah, whch spill over to their daughters. All of that is terribly unfair to the girls in my opinion.
Very well put!

Old 09-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
only get married once? Hardly.....
IMHO, with such a conviction one should get married.

Anglican bride and groom (and both Eugenie and Jack are baptized and raised as Anglicans) say "...till the death do us part"
Old 09-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Well I’m going with my children along with a fairly large contingent of Canadaian monarchist.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Jack’s father George is the director of a large London florist-Pulbrook & Gould.
Has it been confirmed that Pulbrook & Gould will do any of the wedding flowers or bridesmaids' bouquets?
Old 09-11-2018, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
1) As regards a potential 2 day wedding, here are my two bits: Firstly, it is pure speculation at this stage. Secondly, what is wrong with having parties on two days? They probably have a lot of overseas visitors, and it is only fair that they be properly entertained over the weekend when they have travelled far. This happens all the time on the Continent and even happened for Williams wedding for the royal guests. Also, if there is no public money involved, why is it anybody’s business of who Andrew chooses to entertain the day after his daughter’s wedding?
Now that you mention it, there have been two days of celebrations for an awful lot of BRF weddings, haven't there? This is different because the additional day is the one after the ceremony instead of before, but the costs and security needs are probably not that different from something like Zara and Mike's big pre-wedding party on the Brittania.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:48 PM

Did anyone apply for tickets for the wedding in the public ballot?

God Save The Queen!

Old 09-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Nobility

It looks like the results for the public ballot have been released https://mobile.twitter.com/MamaMoose...726336/photo/1
Also Vanity Fair posted an article about the wedding invitation and you can see a picture of it. https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...ing-invitation
Looks like it followed the same format as H&M's. This also makes me wonder if the one the DM posted earlier was fake or if that was just on the back.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Only one month to go!
Old 09-12-2018, 08:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

$250 per person isn't that over the top for a lot of weddings these days - especially at the high end.

A note for Aussies: I was watching Sunrise this morning and they said that they were the 'only Australian network who were going to be televising this wedding'. Now what that means I have no idea:

a) does it mean they will be televising the arrivals and departures etc only
b) does it mean that they will be televising the ceremony as well
c) does it mean they will be sending their own team over to the UK as well (as all the networks here did for Harry and Meghan)

They also had Victoria Arbiter commenting - and she pointed out that the Queen and Andrew are footing the bill (as we knew) but the complaints are about the 'carriage ride'. They also had comparative figures for the costs of the royal weddings: William about 48 million, Harry about 54 million and Eugenie under 5 million (I can't remember whether those figures were pounds or Aussie dollars). I am not sure they are accurate either but ...
Old 09-13-2018, 02:42 AM
Majesty

As the wedding in May was a success for Australian TV channels in terms of ratings I wouldn't be surprised if there are short link ups to Royal correspondents in Windsor during the day.

However, as neither the BBC or any other British broadcaster has stated they are going to televise this wedding I don't know how an Aussie channel would be able to show the ceremony. They wouldn't be sending their own cameras in, lol.

Maybe some sort of streaming setup is going to be involved inside the Chapel? I'd be extremely surprised though if there is a programme in prime time featuring this wedding on any Aussie channel. The York sisters are barely known here.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

I was only repeating what the Sunrise crew said this morning - that Channel 7 was the only channel that would be televising the wedding.

Who knows - maybe they think there is an interest here - with Harry and Meghan due the following week and so have permission to set up cameras inside to beam back to us.
Old 09-13-2018, 03:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think channel 7 do seem to promise more than they deliver guess we wait and see.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:41 AM
Royal Highness

The second day is definitely a carnival
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hel.../%3fviewas=amp

If this festival is not open to the public then the York's should pay for the security.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post

If this festival is not open to the public then the York's should pay for the security.
Windsor Castle and it's domains serve as a residence to Her Majesty The Queen. It is the State, which holds the monopoly on law enforcement, to guard the royal residences. Even when the Queen is not at home, there are hundreds of officers involved in the day to day guarding of the many royal residences in the different Home countries. Regularly even by Australian, Canadian or New-Zealand detachements flown in to guard Her Majesty... It is impossible that the police services and the Department of Defense send a bill for this. No any British citizen needs to pay a bill for police or Defense deployment. I doubt the Commander of the Windsor Military Barracks or the Commandet of the police forces will be thrilled by the idea that commercial security firms interfere at Windsor because Andrew has hired them. Out of the question.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:39 AM
Gentry

Quote:

Why should it be open to the public it’s a private event, paid for by Sarah and Andrew? Think about it. If it’s open to the public, security costs are just going to go up. So the public will pay more.Governments spend money on things we don’t agree with all the time. That’s life. Personally, I think this day after wedding thing sounds crazy!At the end of the day the Queen okayed this!
Old 09-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

The second day event seems a bit over the top, but I think it's the bridal couple's private business. I do wonder whose idea it was.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
This will be a high end luxury wedding. So taking that into account,I don't think that $100,000 for 400 people is that bad. These aren't people on a budget.
Good grief, not bad is right, it is rather budge to many upscale weddings. And if a grand-daughter of the Queen's wedding isn't upscale, what the devil is? Andrew and ex-wife footing the bill with extreme help of his mother. A cost of $5,000,000 has been floating around as cost...….just a figure and no one that is actually writing those articles actually KNOWS the facts. I look at it as fake news until proper bills [if ever] are published. But, the cost is none of our business. There wasn't a "fund-me" account set up. It is their money. I would be damned if I would even tolerate anyone telling me how I should spend my personal money in any situation. I certainly don't now from my family or advisors.

If 5 million is actual cost, I say well done. Many entertainers and other well knowns in other countries and family royals have spend a lot more. I realize that the Yorks are hated big time by many for their past embarrassing conduct over the years but this young woman never did. People's hatred shouldn't be tarnishing a young attractive woman's wedding. Just not respectful conduct. JMHO
Old 09-13-2018, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It's a private event on private land, nobodies said that the public would be invited nor that the taxpayer would be paying for any security.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
The second day event seems a bit over the top, but I think it's the bridal couple's private business. I do wonder whose idea it was.
I’ll bet it was the idea of the girl who thought having a Snow White-themed 25th
birthday party was a fun idea.

Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread