The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post

As far as Security for Peter Philips wedding--it was also during a slow time in terrorist activity. There were only 2 terrorist incidents in Britain during the 2000s after 2001. There have been 8 terrorist incidents, several in crowds with multiple deaths, since 2013. Heightened security is the norm.
Which would also made it a wiser choice to forego the public carriage ride. I doubt crowds will gather if it’s only expected within Windsor Castle and then just on private roads going to Royal Lodge.

Quote:
I'm not sure that Edward was really much better known to the general public than Eugenie. The general public saw very little of any work he did on behalf of the Queen. Much like now, he got very scant coverage.

I think "Princess' is still going to garner some interest--especially with the bonus of William & Kate and Harry & Meghan, and probable celebrities will be attending.
Not if they need to be reminded who that Princess is. I’m sure there is interest in those attending, but most aren’t going to be waiting with baited breath to see them at someone else’s wedding or watch it live if the timing is inconvenient. It certainly isn’t going to involve sitting through the entire wedding. If they are just watching for someone else, they’ll just go on Twitter for the photos and then watch the clips of the other royal later. Wedding ceremonies aren’t always the most interesting to watch.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Which would also made it a wiser choice to forego the public carriage ride. I doubt crowds will gather if it’s only expected within Windsor Castle and then just on private roads going to Royal Lodge.
Hopefully the weather will be good for Eugenie & Jack’s special day! Since it will be on a weekday, I just wonder how they will manage the crowds.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not if they need to be reminded who that Princess is. I’m sure there is interest in those attending, but most aren’t going to be waiting with baited breath to see them at someone else’s wedding or watch it live if the timing is inconvenient. It certainly isn’t going to involve sitting through the entire wedding. If they are just watching for someone else, they’ll just go on Twitter for the photos and then watch the clips of the other royal later. Wedding ceremonies aren’t always the most interesting to watch.
I'm really happy about Eugenie's wedding and hope to be able to see some of it on TV and not just in photos. I love weddings especially the ceremonies. If I had to choose a reception or a ceremony I'd prefer to go to the ceremony (but I'd miss the cake.)
I'm sure there is some interest in the wedding because of the BRF for some, interest in weddings in general for some, interest in guests for some and some interest in Eugenie herself (gasp!) for some. Of course it won't be at the level of Harry & Meghan. That was fairly unique.
You give the impression (to me at least) that you are not happy Eugenie is even being allowed to have her wedding at Windsor at all and negate any interest others might have.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I'm really happy about Eugenie's wedding and hope to be able to see some of it on TV and not just in photos. I love weddings especially the ceremonies. If I had to choose a reception or a ceremony I'd prefer to go to the ceremony (but I'd miss the cake.)
I'm sure there is some interest in the wedding because of the BRF for some, interest in weddings in general for some, interest in guests for some and some interest in Eugenie herself (gasp!) for some. Of course it won't be at the level of Harry & Meghan. That was fairly unique.
You give the impression (to me at least) that you are not happy Eugenie is even being allowed to have her wedding at Windsor at all and negate any interest others might have.
My interest in the York girls are a passing interest rather than anything regular. I've noted the past about how they are treated unfairly because of their parents' scandals over the years. Eugenie can have a wedding at Windsor and I would be the first to defend however extravagant they want to get privately, but the cost of it to taxpayer is a fair question. Even though the cost of it that's being reported is far less than the inflated cost for the Sussex wedding (reality was about 10% of what was "estimated", but the cost being reported here is realistic based on what officials have said about cost relating to Sussex wedding), it has generated more negative reactions like I thought it would and voiced as soon as these plans came out. A lot of it is due to public expectation for someone that will be son of a king and expected to dedicated his life to work on behalf of the monarch compared to a grandchild of a monarch that is a private individual for all practical purposes. I'm being realistic about things here. While individuals like different things, in general, there hasn't been that big of an interest.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:37 PM
Nobility

Chris ship said in Royal rota that there are negotions going on with some network about getting cameras inside the Chapel.

They expect even if it is streamed it won't be in major networks globally.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:26 AM
Heir Apparent

We have to also remember Edward was the 1st major wedding after Diana's death. That was the reason for a lot of the international interest. He is also the monarch's youngest child. So they knew it would be a while before they were going to get another big wedding like that.

Eugenie is a blood princess. People will be interested. Also she is also getting the residual excitement from all the royal celebrations this year. It has been a massive year for the family. Plenty of media will cover it.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Unfortunately all taxpayers world wide have little choice most of the time as to how their taxes are used. We are going to pay here for presidents to take their vacations and their security for they and their family etc no matter who they are or what party they are in.

LaRae
that's not the same. T his is a one off event, which Andrew could put his hand In his pocket for, but I doubt if he will.. However its the sort of thing that tends to make the RF less popular...
Old 08-23-2018, 01:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
We have to also remember Edward was the 1st major wedding after Diana's death. That was the reason for a lot of the international interest. He is also the monarch's youngest child. So they knew it would be a while before they were going to get another big wedding like that.

Eugenie is a blood princess. People will be interested. Also she is also getting the residual excitement from all the royal celebrations this year. It has been a massive year for the family. Plenty of media will cover it.
edwards' wedding was relatively low key, for the wedding of a child of the queens' at that time. Had it not been for the fall in popularity that had happened in the 1990s, he might have married in London, and had a grander affair. but he was the 4th child, he was not that popular and the RF sensibley decided to keep things quieter. There will of course be some media coverage, but much less than there might have been some years ago. People aren't that itneresed.. Eug isn't that well known, she's not doing royal duties and she's not that popular because her parents are largely disliked.. so she'll get a nice wedding and there will be people who will be OK with it, as it is and people who will feel that it should be even more low key....
Old 08-23-2018, 01:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

Also, at the time of his wedding, Edward was never destined to become a full time working member of the RF. It was assumed he’d work at his own job and so the odd engagement, so I also think their reasoning for not having a flashy state occasion is that he was never supposed to be that well know anyway.

I don’t see the need for their wedding to be televised, but I’m sure we will see guests arriving and leaving just as we did for Peter and Zara’s weddings.

There is some interest in Eugenie’s wedding; however, I think most of that interest is, “what will Meghan and Kate wear?”
Old 08-23-2018, 01:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
My isomeone that will be son of a king and expected to dedicated his life to work on behalf of the monarch compared to a grandchild of a monarch that is a private individual for all practical purposes. I'm being realistic about things here. While individuals like different things, in general, there hasn't been that big of an interest.
In all honesty from comments I've heard from people there wasn't that passionate an interest from English people abot Harry's wedding even, and he is a future Kings son. So with Eugenie (unless she had really attracted public affection which she hasn't) its bound to be even less interest...
EUgenie is pretty much a private person, and I assume she's Ok with that and would not want to be doing full time royal duties. Probably after the wedding she will only get very minimal media attention. And people are not that into her wedding so there will be more grumbling about the cost....and I don't think most people in the UK will be bothered that it is not on TV etc.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:31 AM
Courtier

I feel that people always forget that the popularity and public interest in William and Harry more than the yorks doesn't come from being first in line or full-time part of the firm but rather their late famous commoner mother!
Old 08-23-2018, 02:53 AM
Majesty

It's true that a certain amount of the glamour cast by Diana resonated with the public and landed on her sons. And yes, being Diana's sons has gained William and Harry extra public interest over the years, but I would argue that they have done a lot on their own account since their late teens to maintain interest and publicity. The two Princes were known for years, (along with Kate) as the young face of the British monarchy, and I don't think that was due to Diana. Nor was the enormous interest in who they married and their lives since.
Old 08-23-2018, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Will Eugenie's wedding be televised?
According to an ITV report called Royal Rota (a new ongoing series about the royal family), there will be cameras at Windsor Chapel. No decision has yet been announced though regarding full live television coverage of the actual ceremony.

It is speculated that Prince Andrew might want the wedding to be televised, and it is thought that negotiations are under way with media outlets. The hosts of Royal Rota agree there will not be as much worldwide interest in Eugenie's wedding, and thus most media outlets outside of Britain are unlikely to carry any potential live broadcast (though they would later show highlights). In any case, with most of the royal family expected to be present, including the main royals, interest may increase as the wedding day nears.

The discussion about Eugenie's wedding comes toward the end of the broadcast. And despite the title heading of the Youtube video, the discussion includes mention of other royal happenings aside from the Markle-Sussex saga.

ETA: I now see that someone already earlier posted a link to the Royal Rota broadcast. So I will remove the link from my post.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM
Majesty

There will be TV cameras. How many, and where, are still subject to discussion. Hope that helps

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter

Replying to a question on Twitter
Old 08-24-2018, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That seems like a good omen for me. If there's a TV camera, I'll be finding out how to watch the wedding.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
There will be TV cameras. How many, and where, are still subject to discussion. Hope that helps

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter

Replying to a question on Twitter
My question actually
Old 08-24-2018, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
That seems like a good omen for me. If there's a TV camera, I'll be finding out how to watch the wedding.
Royal family youtube chanell is a safe bet. It’s how I watched the Sussex wedding, without having to listen to our annoying commentators.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Annoying commentators aren't a problem for me. Its one of the upsides of being hearing impaired. I just turned off the closed captioning.

I do think the possibility of the wedding being streamed is a more likely option rather than having the "big" networks covering it. Either way, its fine with me.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Annoying commentators aren't a problem for me. Its one of the upsides of being hearing impaired. I just turned off the closed captioning.

I do think the possibility of the wedding being streamed is a more likely option rather than having the "big" networks covering it. Either way, its fine with me.
I can see BBC America and maybe PBS carrying some of it. There might be a special of highlights on a network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
My question actually
Good of you to inquire! Thanks.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:38 PM
Courtier

I understand Thomas, Jack's brother has also got engaged. So I expect they will be best man to each other. I know Sarah had Apricot dresses for her Bridesmaids, and Princess Margaret Lemon dresses. I do hope white is not chosen. Lilac would be nice!

Closed Thread