The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Do they? I'd imagine that most of the guests will be upper class English with maybe a few celebrities thrown in....
The York girls move in posher circles then even their cousins do. I wouldn't be surprised if we even see a few continental royals and their relatives. Her and Bea attended the weddings of the Hannover brothers for instance. And have moved in the same circles as the Casiraghis. She didn't attend the wedding of Amedeo and Elisabetta like her sister did though.

As for celebrities, I wouldn't be surprised to see:
-Beckhams: friendly with Andrew
-James Blunt and his wife are said to be friends with Eugenie
-Cara Delevigne
-Poppy Jamie
-Eddie Redmayne is said to be a friend from her NY days
-the Bransons
-small chance of Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher- friends of Beatrice
-Karlie Kloss
-Ellie Goulding
-Sienna Miller
-Ed Shereen

Quote:
He hardly has the same feelings towards Mark Phillips that he has towards Sarah, its pretty well known that he has been unfriendly to her for a long time. And he was a good deal younger when P and Z got married. He's a very old man now and has had a very big operation only a ffew months ago, so if he is not too well, he may feel that this is a wedding he can skip. He didn't attend P Louis's christening either, IIRC...….
Considering he attended Harry's wedding right after the surgery, I don't see how anyone would suggest he would use it as an excuse for hers.

I guess some people are petty enough to think he would skip a wedding simply as he doesn't like Sarah. But Philip has shown he is a loving grandfather. I highly doubt he will care if the woman is in the church. She was at Harry's wedding after all.

The baptism of a great-grandchild is different then the wedding of a grandchild. Philip and Elizabeth have missed the baptisms of more then one great-grandchild. They have yet to miss a single wedding of a grandchild.

Old 07-29-2018, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The York girls move in posher circles then even their cousins do. I wouldn't be surprised if we even see a few continental royals and their relatives. Her and Bea attended the weddings of the Hannover brothers for instance. And have moved in the same circles as the Casiraghis. She didn't attend the wedding of Amedeo and Elisabetta like her sister did though.

As for celebrities, I wouldn't be surprised to see:
-Beckhams: friendly with Andrew
-James Blunt and his wife are said to be friends with Eugenie
-Cara Delevigne
-Poppy Jamie
-Eddie Redmayne is said to be a friend from her NY days
-the Bransons
-small chance of Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher- friends of Beatrice
-Karlie Kloss
-Ellie Goulding
-Sienna Miller
-Ed Shereen
I would also like to add the possibility of:
- George and Amal Clooney (George is an original co-owner of Casamigos, which Jack is brand ambassador for and Amal and Eugenie have met a few times in public through the UN)
-Randy Gerber and Cindy Crawford (same reason as George, Casamigos)

Old 07-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Majesty

Eugenie won’t have a problem filling 800 seats for her wedding that’s for sure.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:47 PM
Majesty

That doesn't mean she will. The Yorks may well cap the guest list at around 600 like the Wessexes and Sussexes.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:56 AM
Courtier

I'm hoping for televised coverage of the guests and some of the bride and groom.
It could help reduce spectator numbers actually at Windsor and it won't add expense or extra security.
Weddings are a happy public celebration and so pretty. Possibly fewer people will watch than Harry's wedding but possibly not. People love the Queen and fashion and historical buildings and enjoy wonderful liturgy and music.
A real life love story can cheer more than other news.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:42 AM
Courtier

I think that there will be television coverage. The potential guest list alone would attract many viewers. Also, in the US, it would be broadcast early Saturday morning with virtually no competition.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
I think that there will be television coverage. The potential guest list alone would attract many viewers. Also, in the US, it would be broadcast early Saturday morning with virtually no competition.
The wedding is on Friday October 12.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
If Princess Eugenie and Jack had scheduled the wedding for October 19, would the public accuse them of copying the 19 from Prince Harry and Meghan's wedding of May 19?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And there is a reason why there is virtually no competition, people aren't usually awake.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Except the wedding is happening on the Friday, not the Saturday. As the UK is 5 hours ahead of New York and 8 hours ahead of LA, there’s no way it would be broadcast live on the Saturday in the US. It’ll be at some point Friday morning in the US.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Whoops! Sorry for the mistake.

I still think it will be televised.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Whoops! Sorry for the mistake.

I still think it will be televised.
It’s even debatable in UK, let alone US. There just hasn’t been interest in it.

And let’s be honest, if there is sufficient interest in UK, it wouldn’t still be undecided. Harry and Meghan’s wedding being televised was announced in the press briefing soon (was it the day after that they held the press briefing at BP? I can’t remember) after the engagement.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:06 PM
Majesty

I look at a different way. That no decision has been made leaves the door open to television coverage. Emily and Omid said they’d be surprised if there’s no network involvement.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I’m talking about interest. The door wouldn’t still be open on the decision if there was sufficient interest. There wouldn’t even be a question about it.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

According to this, Beatrice will be Eugenie's Maid of Honor.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...02-p4zv0x.html
Old 08-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
According to this, Beatrice will be Eugenie's Maid of Honor.

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/lif...02-p4zv0x.html
The Vogue article printed for the September Issue confirms that Beatrice will be Eugenie's MOH.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Fergie is now live in interview “to give the latest on the wedding” on The One Show on prime BBC1 TV!
Old 08-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
Fergie is now live in interview “to give the latest on the wedding” on The One Show on prime BBC1 TV!
She's actually on to talk about the merger of her two charities, which Beatrice and Eugenie have been named ambassadors.

So far Sarah has said the following:

"Jack & Eugenie are very contemporary, they are inclusive, and they are all about love, and they want the wedding to be about that - to include everybody & to really absorb the love they have for each other with everybody else."
Old 08-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She's actually on to talk about the merger of her two charities, which Beatrice and Eugenie have been named ambassadors.

So far Sarah has said the following:

"Jack & Eugenie are very contemporary, they are inclusive, and they are all about love, and they want the wedding to be about that - to include everybody & to really absorb the love they have for each other with everybody else."

If you listened to Matt’s introduction to Fergie’s appearance at the start of the show, he said “if you want to find Out the latest on that wedding” ......Licensing fee payers want to hear about the wedding which is why Fergie is on prime TV at this particular time. It feeds into Fergie’s rehabilitation as well as her very bad press daughters, nothing about charities on Our One Show! It has its OWN charities but Will sop Fergie’s PR on this occassion when it comes to charity. Its all a ruse, Fuss and nonsense
Old 08-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
If you listened to Matt’s introduction to Fergie’s appearance at the start of the show, he said “if you want to find Out the latest on that wedding” ......Licensing fee payers want to hear about the wedding which is why Fergie is on prime TV at this particular time. It feeds into Fergie’s rehabilitation as well as her very bad press daughters, nothing about charities on Our One Show! It has its OWN charities but Will sop Fergie’s PR on this occassion when it comes to charity. Its all a ruse, Fuss and nonsense

I don’t know which show you were watching but the one show I watched featured a good 10 minutes on Sarah’s charity and with Tom Dannatt CEO and founder of Street Child. Seeing at Matt wasn’t involved in today’s show, Michael Ball was Alex Jones’ co-presenter I don’t think Matt would have done the introduction.

Whilst she was asked about the wedding, it’s not why she’s on there and it’s certainly not what she’s promoting. I have literally no idea what you mean by it has its own charities, I don’t understand what that has to do with this situation.