Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll bet it was the idea of the girl who thought having a Snow White-themed 25th
birthday party was a fun idea.

I'd forgotten that. Yes, seems along the same lines, so very much in character.

If the wedding festival is a private event, then no pictures should turn up in a tabloid. I remember the stink raised when Peter and Autumn sold their wedding pictures allegedly for 500,000 dollars.

....i get the feeling that we here possibly obsess more about this wedding than the wedding couple themselves...

:lol:

The second day event seems a bit over the top, but I think it's the bridal couple's private business. I do wonder whose idea it was.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Most royal couples have a pre-wedding ball or banquet, followed by the actual wedding the next day. And often a farewell brunch on the day after that to wave goodbye to guests.

It's a private event on private land, nobodies said that the public would be invited nor that the taxpayer would be paying for any security.

It is not private land. It is the residence of The Queen. Wedding or no wedding, there are dozens of security officers anyway. And this happens at all royal residences in the world. In an ideal world there is only the gardener opening the gate. But when in Norway a madman kills teens on a holiday isle, or in the Netherlands a lunatic crashes with his car into a crowd in an attempt to hit the Queen, sadly this is reality anno 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second day is definitely a carnival
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.he...ations-revealed-surprising-detail/?viewas=amp

If this festival is not open to the public then the York's should pay for the security.

Eugenie cannot help that her wedding needs security. In an ideal world no security was needed and all people would be kind towards each other. Unfortunately that idn't the case, so in the case of gatherings with many royals and other famous people thst requires security as do gatherings of large groups in general.

It is not private land. It is the residence of The Queen. Wedding or no wedding, there are dozens of security officers anyway. And this happens at all royal residences in the world. In an ideal world there is only the gardener opening the gate. But when in Norway a madman kills teens on a holiday isle, or in the Netherlands a lunatic crashes with his car into a crowd in an attempt to hit the Queen, sadly this is reality anno 2018.

I believe Lumutqueen was referring to the extravaganza the day after the wedding which will be a private event on private land at Royal Lodge. Although Royal Lodge is part of the Windsor estate, it is also the Duke of York's private home which he has a lease on. I'm sure there will be some kind of security but nothing like the wedding day when the couple wed at St. George's Chapel with a reception to follow at Windsor Castle.

I believe Lumutqueen was referring to the extravaganza the day after the wedding which will be a private event on private land at Royal Lodge. Although Royal Lodge is part of the Windsor estate, it is also the Duke of York's private home which he has a lease on. I'm sure there will be some kind of security but nothing like the wedding day when the couple wed at St. George's Chapel with a reception to follow at Windsor Castle.

Thanks Osipi :flowers:, Duc_et_Pair please see above.

Surely she will sit with the father of the bride as she is the mother. That is what normally happens when the child of divorced parents' marry.

I would hope that The Queen, Philip, Charles etc aren't that petty that they would deny Eugenie the right to have both her parents sitting in the seats normally used by the parents of the bride.

Maybe they will arrange to have Sarah and Andrew have 2 chairs up in the altar area away from the other royals.

About the carriage ride: when Lady Melissa Percy can have one, I fail to see why a princess of the blood royal can not have one...

See picture: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/22/article-2346423-1A744916000005DC-367_470x596.jpg

It would surprise me to see the Duke of York and Sarah apart. Everyone knows their marriage did not work but they remained very friendly. It is their daughter. None of both has a partner. No problem to have the couple together, in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read, like every parents Andrew and Sarah want their daughter's wedding to be extra special but Eugenie isn't sure about the carriage ride or wheater people are going to show up for the wedding

I just read, like every parents Andrew and Sarah want their daughter's wedding to be extra special but Eugenie isn't sure about the carriage ride or wheater people are going to show up for the wedding

Why would people not show up for the wedding?

I think Eugenie's focus at the moment would be more along the lines of her actual upcoming marriage rather than how many people would show up to actually witness her day. I don't see the people that actually entered into the public ballot and winning deciding not to go. If I had an interest in applying to the ballot, I'd be there with bells on if I won at the luck of the draw.

The public lining the roads is just that. The public lining the roads. Whether there are gobs of people or a few onlookers, its not going to detract from Eugenie and Jack's day. ?

I also expect Andrew and Sarah to be present as a unified couple on their daughter's wedding day. They've been unified parents for their girls for their entire life and they're going to be the unified couple as their daughter marries. I think the royal family will survive quite nicely into the future even if an ex-wife sits with them during a wedding ceremony.

Last edited:
well if she doesn't get a decent crowd, it may not affect her that much but Im sure she'd feel silly about the carriage ride if there are not many of the public taking an interest.
Im sure that the RF can stand Fergie being around for a few hours, just about, now and when Bea marries or when they have kids..

If Eugenie doesn't want the carriage ride why have it? Whose wedding is this anyway? And it would be embarrassing if there is not a decent crowd. The wedding is on Oct. 12th, a Friday and not a bank holiday. Who is taking off from work and going to Windsor to see Eugenie and Jack get married? Trust the press will compare crowds from Harry and Meghan's wedding to the York wedding.

As Windsor Castle and Frogmore House seem to rate the best of tourist attractions as far as the Crown Estates go, there's *always* a pretty good crowd in and around Windsor royal wedding or not. I don't see October as a time of year when things slow down but rather a more comfortable type of weather to go touring in.

I don't think Eugenie and Jack have much to worry about with there being very little people around to witness a carriage ride. :D

https://www.statista.com/statistics/373081/uk-royal-tourism-admission-numbers-by-establishment/

the weather in the UK is miserable in the autum.. they may get a wet dull day and tehre wont be a lot of people.
and of course more will have gone to see Meg and harry, he is senior to Eugeneie, beter known and liked.. and he had his wedding in summer

Of course it is only natural that Harry attracts more interest. But if Eugenie wants to marry in her grandmother's residence, being driven in one of her grandmother's carriages and pulled by a couple of her grandmother's horses: do it. Not for the public but because that is how you want to have your wedding. Good luck, Eugenie and James, and have fun!

When it comes to a wedding crowd, I'm sure there were lots more that would have traveled to Windsor for Harry and Meghan's wedding that would bypass Eugenie and Jack's but the point I was trying to make is that Windsor Castle and Frogmore House are tourist spots that draw a lot of people on any given day regardless of whether or not there is a royal wedding in the works.

As Duc has pointed out, the wedding of Thomas van Straubenzee and Lady Melissa Percy drew a lot of bystanders and they are even less known than the York princesses. I don't think the crowds will be disappointing on October 12th at all.

Actually where I live, an overcast gray day is one of the best backgrounds for photographing Mama Nature's painting of the trees around here. Ahhhh... makes me crave some hot apple cider with a nip o' rum in it. :D

I doubt crowds will be an issue. I mean other than the main attraction, the couple, the most senior royals and many celebrities will be in attendance. Plenty of people to watch. If people are expecting William and Harry sized crowds, then that is just silly.

Anyway we have one month to go. Crazy how time just flies by.

the weather in the UK is miserable in the autumn..

That's an extremely sweeping statement, the reality is Autumn can have as many fine days, as miserable ones. EXACTLY the same as Spring can here...

Folks, you don’t have to worry about the crowds and interest in this royal wedding. This is the British Royal Family we’re talking about.

The Wedding Service will take place at St George’s Chapel at 1100hrs, with The Dean of Windsor, The Rt Revd. David Conner officiating. The Archbishop of York, The Most Revd. and Rt. Hon. John Sentamu, will lead the prayers.

I love that the Archbishop of York will lead the prayers, such a beautiful connection to Eugenie's title.

After the service, the newly married couple will undertake a short ride in a carriage from the Royal Mews, out of Windsor Castle and on to part of the High Street. Opportunities for members of the public wishing to view the couple are on Castle Hill, the High Street and Park Street, echoing the route taken by The Earl and Countess of Wessex following their wedding.The carriage will not travel along the Long Walk.

The Carriage ride is not the same as Harry and Meghan but like Edward and Sophie. The Long Walk route is out. The split screen would have been bad.

Lady Percy got married on a Saturday so more people could come out. I still think Friday is not good if they wanted crowds and there is no bank holiday.

Last edited:
100,000 is about how many people were in the streets of Windsor for Harry and Meghan to put it into perspective. Interesting. So I am expecting a massive crowd after all. Good on Eugenie. Sounds like a lovely day. Loved the Archbishop of York connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom