The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I'll be watching but only to see Meghan's outfit !!! I Wonder if foreign tv's will broadcast it just like Meghan's and Harry's….

Old 07-24-2018, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here in Germany a lot of brides who come from close knit communities have a carriage drive after church through their village or small town, not only the noble brides. And everyone is on their feet to watch and show their support. As Eugenie grew up near Windsor and her grandmother is the lady of the manor there (apart from being the Queen), it is absolutely normal in my eyes that she and Jack decided on the chapel there and to have a carriage drive through town afterwards. As much as the RF might want to downsize, Eugenie is a princess of the Blood Royal and there is no need to play poor bourgeoise in my eyes. Especially in Brexit-times a lot of Britons want pomp and pageantry and who shall stand in the centre of this if not the Princes and Princesses of the UK?

In Germany we don't have nobility as a social level with formal precedence etc. anymore but still the Herediary Prince of Hannover got all the permissions and police security payed for by the State for his carriage drive through Hannover after his religious wedding, and lots and lots of "normal" citizens of Hannover joined in the street party to celebrate the union.

Or think of the weddings of British nobility - even actress Rose Leslie had a comparatively "grand" wedding when she married fellow actor Kit Harrington, and not because both were in GoT, but because Rose Eleanor Arbuthnot-Leslie is the daughter of a chieftain of Clan Leslie, so a (minor) Scottish noblewoman. Or think of the weddings of the Percy- Ladies. It is what Eugenie deserves due to the fact who she is and how the Uk is working today, and no envious journalist is going to change this. And it's not as if they chose Westminster Abbey, the a ride down The Mall and a balcony appearance at BP!

Old 07-24-2018, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
I'm team televised , I like watching weddings and I don't care who gets married .
Me too!

I like watching the arrivals, noticing the clothes and the flowers.
I'm looking forward to Eugenie's wedding as much as I did Harry's.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Please note that we have a separate thread regarding a title for Jack - http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ure-44267.html - there is no need to discuss the subject in two different threads.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Good for Sarah! I wonder if Andrew might also defend his daughter?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Royal Highness

OMG!!! Who the hell does Jan Moir think she is?!! This is nothing more than bullying. Just disgraceful.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Here in Germany a lot of brides who come from close knit communities have a carriage drive after church through their village or small town, not only the noble brides

I appearance at BP!
If she wants a carriage ride, fine but many people would like her to pay for the security it involves...
Old 07-25-2018, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Good for Sarah! I wonder if Andrew might also defend his daughter?
I don't think it would be right in the PR sense for Andrew to publicly bash a paper like that. Sarah has done it indirectly by agreeing with something someone wrote.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:07 AM
Majesty

Well he's not gong to have a title. They are getting married and it will be a nice wedding but not a public or televised one...
Old 07-26-2018, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Please note that a number of posts have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...itles-258.html thread. Once again, could we please stick to the topic of the wedding itself and not go off on unnecessary tangents - especially where another thread exists for such topics.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Well he's not gong to have a title. They are getting married and it will be a nice wedding but not a public or televised one...

Are you sure it won't be televised ? Honestly I never expected it to be, but there have been rumors (UK spelling rumours) to the contrary.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Is it possible that they don't actually televise the wedding on TV channels and such as they did for Harry and Meghan's wedding but allow one channel, for example BBC or ITV to stream the wedding for those interested in watching it?

That way it wouldn't interrupt normal Friday broadcasting but it'd be available on devices to stream it?

Just an idea.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:47 AM
Administrator

I must say I wouldn't expect the ceremony to be televised although the comings and goings and some of the carriage ride could easily be filmed and shown on the news as what happened with Peter and Autumn.

Obviously if the whole thing is televised and broadcast live, then I won't be complaining at all - the more royal weddings to watch the merrier I say.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:24 PM
Administrator

I can't see it being televised either. I agree it will be like Peter/Autumn and Mike/Zara....we will see the arrivals, the departures and the ride thru Windsor.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Are you sure it won't be televised ? Honestly I never expected it to be, but there have been rumors (UK spelling rumours) to the contrary.
Im pretty sure. I hope not. One royal wedding this year was enough...
Old 07-27-2018, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I must say I wouldn't expect the ceremony to be televised although the comings and goings and some of the carriage ride could easily be filmed and shown on the news as what happened with Peter and Autumn.

Obviously if the whole thing is televised and broadcast live, then I won't be complaining at all - the more royal weddings to watch the merrier I say.
Maybe it can be live-streamed on the Royal You Tube Channel?
Old 07-27-2018, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Honestly if it's not televised and I could honestly see it either way, at least being able to listen to the broadcast by a later recording or somehow, and seeing some pictures inside would be enough for me.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Does not someone film the wedding for the bride and groom's personal use?
Old 07-28-2018, 01:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im pretty sure. I hope not. One royal wedding this year was enough...
If it were to be televised, you do have the option of not watching it
Old 07-28-2018, 02:10 PM
Majesty

yes Im aware of that, but its hard to avoid these things completely......

Closed Thread