Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand Thomas, Jack's brother has also got engaged. So I expect they will be best man to each other. I know Sarah had Apricot dresses for her Bridesmaids, and Princess Margaret Lemon dresses. I do hope white is not chosen. Lilac would be nice!

I think deeper colors would be better for an October wedding.
Perhaps plum or berry?
I'd even like copper or bronze.

Drips and drabs are coming out about Eugenie and Jack's wedding but not as saturated as with the Cambridges and the Sussexes. DM hardly talks about it. Whether the wedding will be televised is still debated:

ps://www.ibtimes.com/princess-eugenie-jack-brooksbanks-royal-wedding-will-be-televised-reason-2708322

No news if the invitations have been sent yet (it should be around this time) or how Eugenie is going to the church. Would she go by carriage, like the Scottish State Coach, because her mother Fergie went to the church by coach and that Eugenie is a blood princess?

The reception - it may be outside

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...g/news-story/eac9c1921af86a6e006b43164c09a03b

Not only the weather but the paps with long range lenses that get shots from the reception.

Security is still an issue

ttps://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1009356/princess-eugenie-wedding-meghan-markle-kate-middleton-cost-latest-news

Eugenie is ninth in line to the throne. I would think the scale would be smaller but claiming Andrew wants a big blowout is making him father-of-the-bridezilla.

No news if the invitations have been sent yet (it should be around this time) or how Eugenie is going to the church. Would she go by carriage, like the Scottish State Coach, because her mother Fergie went to the church by coach and that Eugenie is a blood princess?

Eugenie is ninth in line to the throne. I would think the scale would be smaller but claiming Andrew wants a big blowout is making him father-of-the-bridezilla.

I would think the invitations have gone out--my niece is getting married the same weekend and we got our invite 10 days or so ago.

I think Eugenie will ride in a car to the wedding from Royal Lodge. Depends upon how her grandmother feels about it though.

Wouldn't that be dadzilla of the bride, if even true? I don't picture Eugenie as a bridezilla.

Wow I love this article, and no, it's not one of those generic and copy/paste pieces but one that seems thoughtful and aware.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/r...s/news-story/2aad615fe1e7b912a8fe498f86f71144

While Andrew and Fergie still keep it civil there is still bad family blood between Fergie and Philip. If Fergie still has to leave Balmoral one hour before Philip arrives the hatchet hasn't been buried despite Fergie's presence at the Sussex wedding. If the wedding is televised I don't want to see split screens of Fergie and Philip during the broadcast. The press treats Fergie as a lock for a good royal scandal.

Wow I love this article, and no, it's not one of those generic and copy/paste pieces but one that seems thoughtful and aware.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/r...s/news-story/2aad615fe1e7b912a8fe498f86f71144

It's a good analysis that is a bit let down at the end by some dodgy math ("Half a century ago she would’ve been cosseted in castles and expected to do little more than embroider and play the pianoforte." --- ummm, tell that to the Princess Royal, who graduated exactly 50 years ago with six GCE O-Levels and two A-Levels).

It's a good analysis that is a bit let down at the end by some dodgy math ("Half a century ago she would’ve been cosseted in castles and expected to do little more than embroider and play the pianoforte." --- ummm, tell that to the Princess Royal, who graduated exactly 50 years ago with six GCE O-Levels and two A-Levels).

Which is not enough to go to university in the UK, so the Princess Royal never finished her formal education at the post-secondary level. Are Beatrice and Eugenie the first princesses of the blood in the UK to have university degrees ?

Which is not enough to go to university in the UK, so the Princess Royal never finished her formal education at the post-secondary level. Are Beatrice and Eugenie the first princesses of the blood in the UK to have university degrees ?

I think so, yes. Alexandra was the first British princess to attend a boarding school and trained as a nurse at Great Ormond Street.

My point was that, even if you go back a century, British princesses were expected to do more than "embroider and play the pianoforte" -- Queen Mary's "We are never tired and we love hospitals".

Drips and drabs are coming out about Eugenie and Jack's wedding but not as saturated as with the Cambridges and the Sussexes. DM hardly talks about it. Whether the wedding will be televised is still debated:

p

could be that not many people are interested in Eugenie or her wedding.

ps://www.ibtimes.com/princess-eugenie-jack-brooksbanks-royal-wedding-will-be-televised-reason-2708322

The reception - it may be outside

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...g/news-story/eac9c1921af86a6e006b43164c09a03b

Not only the weather but the paps with long range lenses that get shots from the reception.

Security is still an issue

ttps://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1009356/princess-eugenie-wedding-meghan-markle-kate-middleton-cost-latest-news

Eugenie and her sister Beatrice aren't as famous or well known/popular as the Cambridges or Sussexes are, despite them being in a relatively high place in the line of succession. And now that the Cambridges have children and the Sussexes will probably have children in the future, there's less interest of Beatrice and Eugenie from the general public. I think it's only really those who are interested in royals like us who know of them (I guess some members of the general public will have a vague idea of who they are but won't be interested) or those who are involved in the same charity organisations as them etc (e.g. I had a classmate at secondary school who was very into horse riding and show jumping and only knew of Princess Anne and Zara Tindall through their shared love of horses - she has friends at her stables who have competed with Zara and taken part in trials that Anne and her family have attended).
As a Brit I'm not surprised that her wedding isn't garnering as much interest as her Sussex cousins.

I looked at the invitations and I am struck by two things. The dual monograms, E and J interwined, no coronet. That could have been the sign Jack was not going to get HRH or a title. And there is no badge or symbol of the Duke of York on the invitations. Charles' Prince of Wales feathers were on Harry and Meghans wedding invitation. It could be why there is complaint about the ssecurity costs - no trappings of royalty. It looks like a regular wedding.

could be that not many people are interested in Eugenie or her wedding.

I think the interest will pick up now that is it a month out but it is just a fact they are not as and popular as the Cambridges and Sussexes. That is not their fault.

As for it being televised, I kind of hope it is in the UK but not expecting it. It seems they at least want camera inside for some footage even if not live.

Anyways, details should be coming out more frequently now. Really looking forward to this. Crazy it is already September. I remember thinking it was such a long ways and now its already here.

I looked at the invitations and I am struck by two things. The dual monograms, E and J interwined, no coronet. That could have been the sign Jack was not going to get HRH or a title. And there is no badge or symbol of the Duke of York on the invitations. Charles' Prince of Wales feathers were on Harry and Meghans wedding invitation. It could be why there is complaint about the ssecurity costs - no trappings of royalty. It looks like a regular wedding.

Since it was mentioned that you had to send your acceptance to the Lord Chamberlain at BP, I assume the Duke of York's invitation and the formalities are on the inside of the card. It would be weird if there was no information at all about the date and time. Anyways we will probably get more official info later in the month. The next I'm expecting is time of the ceremony and events of the day.

Perhaps if the wedding isn’t televised in many countries, it might be streamed so we can watch online in real-time or later? Perhaps we’ll find out more soon as the special day is almost here.

Last edited:

There was never any chance or expectation that Jack would become an HRH and almost no chance of a title.

There was never any chance or expectation that Jack would become an HRH and almost no chance of a title.

Of course he was nevr going to become an HRH. Its completely unprecedented. I can't believe anyone would think he was going to, or to get a title. Why should he?

I think the interest will pick up now that is it a month out but it is just a fact they are not as and popular as the Cambridges and Sussexes. That is not their fault.

As for it being televised, I kind of hope it is in the UK but not expecting it. It seems they at least want camera inside for some footage even if not live.

Anyways, details should be coming out more frequently now. Really looking forward to this. Crazy it is already September. I remember thinking it was such a long ways and now its already here.

of course they're not popular. And I think that the whole Meghan and harry wedding, while not as grand as it woud have been in the past, was big enough and fussed about enough in the media, to bore people and get them fed up with Royal weddings for the present.. and to gripe about the cost rather than take any interest... I don't believe there will be any general interest.... just from non British and from the small number who will follow any royal couple...

Last edited by a moderator:
of course they're not popular. And I think that the whole Meghan and harry wedding, while not as grand as it woud have been in the past, was big enough and fussed about enough in the media, to bore people and get them fed up with Royal weddings for the present.. and to gripe about the cost rather than take any interest... I don't believe there will be any general interest.... just from non British and from the small number who will follow any royal couple...

I doubt the lack of interest in Eugenie’s wedding has anything to do with the Sussex wedding. Let’s face it, media would only continue to report if it is selling copies or generating clicks. And the ratings for the Sussex wedding certainly proved that people aren’t bored or fed up. Eugenie simply doesn’t generate nearly as much attention. And honestly, I doubt there would be much attention from non British media as various reporters have said they often have to remind people who Eugenie is. Most of the attention will be in UK.

Of course H and Meg got a fair amount of attention as they are senior royals, HE is fairly popular and she's either liked or very much disliked...
but even so, I think a lot of the public, judging by people I've talked to, felt the Sussex wedding was "enough" and they are not in the mood for paying any attention to a royal who is harldy known at all and who is unfortunately not liked because of her parents

Getting HRH was never on the table for Jack. The only remote possibility available to him would be a peerage, which, as I said before, would be perfectly reasonable IMHO. Unfortunately, given the current social and political circumstances, he will most likely remain Mr Jack Brooksbank.

Since there are no hereditary peerages being given out any more, I cannot understand why anyone would think he'd get one..

Sarah is apparently trying to use Eugenie's wedding to stage a comeback

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/07/sarah-ferguson-royal-comeback/amp

Vanity Fair did Fergie no favors. Reporting that she is working with designers to come up with killer outfits for the wedding and reception, bringing in the glittering guests, working on the events. Although Eugenie wants Fergie active in the wedding, Fergie is getting close to look like she's trying to outdo the bride.

Eugenie and Jack's wedding is definitely going to be a York family affair. This is what happens when a couple have "the happiest divorce on Earth". I would be very surprised if Sarah wasn't totally and completely involved in every aspect of this wedding along with Andrew. We know both parents are close with their daughters.

Of course the article had to mention the DoE and his antipathy for Sarah. In regards to this wedding, I see no reason why Philip, being the well bred gentleman he is, wouldn't handle being in close proximity to Sarah during the wedding ceremony with dignity, grace and aplomb. If the media is going to be looking for glares and stares, I think they'll be sorely disappointed.

Everyone wants the best for Eugenie and Jack and that is what will matter.

Philip was at his grandson's wedding a little over a month after he left the hospital after his surgery.

He sat across in the quire along with Sarah for his grandson's wedding. I can't imagine he won't do the same for his granddaughter.

Sarah is apparently trying to use Eugenie's wedding to stage a comeback

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/07/sarah-ferguson-royal-comeback/amp

Vanity Fair did Fergie no favors. Reporting that she is working with designers to come up with killer outfits for the wedding and reception, bringing in the glittering guests, working on the events. Although Eugenie wants Fergie active in the wedding, Fergie is getting close to look like she's trying to outdo the bride.
My reaction was that this article, which is from late June by the way, is that the article is not even Daily Mail caliber, it is more OK Magazine. I am not a royal reporter nor do I have inside sources and I could have written the same article.

Basically Sarah, Duchess of York, is acting like many other mothers of the bride - she wants to wear nice dresses and she has input on the guest list and other aspects of the wedding.

It is incorrect to say that Sarah is using Eugenie's wedding to stage a comeback, rather the comeback is that Sarah and her past and her relationships with members of the BRF will be tabloid fodder, so in addition to discussing Eugenie's dress, what others are wearing, cute children in the bridal party, the music, the ambience, etc., we will also be treated to commentary on Sarah getting a good seat at her daughter's wedding (gasp) and her proximity to the Queen and Prince Philip.

I think Sarah will be made to sit with the Fergusons if Phillip shows up. If anything goes wonky I fear Sarah will wild out and the focus will be on her and not Eugenie and Jack. Dignified silence is not in her I'm afraid.

This is her daughters wedding and Sarah will have a front row seat, as it should be.

The only way things would go wonky is if Prince Philip made a scene and we know he’s not going to do that on his granddaughters wedding day.

This is her daughter's wedding and Sarah will have a front row seat, as it should be.

The only way things would go wonky is if Prince Philip made a scene and we know he’s not going to do that on his granddaughter's wedding day.

I think , Philip isn't attending the wedding cause Sarah would be there but again , it's his granddaughter's wedding. So, who know

I’m begging the moderator to control this conversation. This is just a bunch of Andrew hating fear mongers baiting everyone else. No one has ever said that Philip won’t attend. They both attended Harry’s wedding. Philip loves his grandchildren and won’t do anything to embarrass Eugenie in her big day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom