Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because she's also a granddaughter of the Queen, currently 9th in line to the throne? She's getting a similar wedding to PP&AK and E&S. No matter now many people try to make out that the York sisters are "Royal hangers on", they aren't, even if they aren't working royals (full time). Eugenie has patronages and causes she has a personal stake in and she is passionate about.

Eugenie is NOT having a wedding similar to Peter Phillips. I don't think there would be much fuss if she was having a wedding like Peter's and kept the cost to public at a minimum. Peter's wedding didn't involved security that would be needed to let people onto the grounds of Windsor Castle and securing the town for a carriage ride on public street. Edward is a child of a monarch, so he's not on the same footing as Eugenie. While he and Sophie were expected to keep their private jobs, they were part time working royals. They did tours and carried out engagements on behalf of HMQ. Even the year Sophie almost died giving birth to Louise, she carried out well over 100 engagements plus running her own company.

Last edited:
Isn't that what they did for Edward and Sophie? No live broadcast, but some special clips later?

I am sure we will see some foreign correspondents, but it won't be the hysteria that surrounded the Sussex and Cambridge weddings, which is probably a good thing. I love the Sussex couple but the wedding coverage and mania that lasted MONTHS nearly did me in. There is none of that with this wedding, thankfully.

No they had a live broadcast for their wedding. I think around 200 million are said to have watched it.

I think CNN covered E&S's wedding. Although, they are an international news station, so I don't know how that was handled in US. I know Anderson Cooper covered it, but he was not at the level he is today. I'm not hearing that for this wedding. In fact, I don't believe any stations in US would be clearing their regularly scheduled programs. The Aussie guy did say they often have to remind people who Eugenie is. Even Chris Ship has said they'll cover it as news, but that's different than dedicating hours of air time to it and preempt anything else during that period.

Last edited:
I think CNN covered E&S's wedding. Although, they are an international news station, so I don't know how that was handled in US. I know Anderson Cooper covered it, but he was not at the level he is today. I'm not hearing that for this wedding. In fact, I don't believe any stations in US would be clearing their regularly scheduled programs. The Aussie guy did say they often have to remind people who Eugenie is. Even Chris Ship has said they'll cover it as news, but that's different than dedicating hours of air time to it and preempt anything else during that period.

I'm not quite sure, I've only heard in the U.S. that BBC America did. Anyways, I'm not surprised it may only be covered as news. Even I, as someone who likes B and E, understand and recognize they are definitely not as popular as W and H so while there may be interest it isn't concentrated enough to cover the wedding for 4 1/2 hours. But I do think there will be more coverage than Peter and Zara's just because of the differences we have already seen.

Isn't that what they did for Edward and Sophie? No live broadcast, but some special clips later?

I am sure we will see some foreign correspondents, but it won't be the hysteria that surrounded the Sussex and Cambridge weddings, which is probably a good thing. I love the Sussex couple but the wedding coverage and mania that lasted MONTHS nearly did me in. There is none of that with this wedding, thankfully.

The Wessex wedding was very much broadcasted live globally. NBC and FOX aired it for sure. Saw videos of their coverage online.

I would never expect Eugenie's wedding to have media attention on that scale. I mean the correspondent said a lot don't even know who she is when first mentioned. It is no dig but I am sure many wouldn't be able to tell the sisters apart outside the UK. So, no I never expected some big thing.

I am glad that there are talks of cameras though. In the UK there should be decent coverage. The atmosphere is overall positive due to the wedding and births. This will add on to it. People want something to feel good about. So I am glad she getting good press for her wedding.

Last edited:
Well, also add in the fact that slow news days just don’t seem to exist anymore. It’s going to take more than lukewarm interest at best from their audience for them to spend the resources if they can get higher ratings at home. Edward was a son of the Queen and carried out a decent amount of engagements on behalf of his mother even if he pursued a private career as well. However, Eugenie is, for practical purposes, a private individual.

Last edited:
The Wessex wedding was very much broadcasted live globally. NBC and FOX aired it for sure. Saw videos of their coverage online.

I'm in Canada and I watched Edward and Sophie's wedding live on TV. I think it must have been on CBC as we didn't get the other channels. It was definitely fully broadcasted, from arrival of the guests to the ceremony inside the chapel.

I'm not quite sure, I've only heard in the U.S. that BBC America did.

Absolutely it was not just on BBC America-I watched the Wessex wedding live and we have only had BBC America for the last 10 years or so.

I don't think there would be much fuss if she was having a wedding like Peter's and kept the cost to public at a minimum. Peter's wedding didn't involved security that would be needed ....

As far as Security for Peter Philips wedding--it was also during a slow time in terrorist activity. There were only 2 terrorist incidents in Britain during the 2000s after 2001. There have been 8 terrorist incidents, several in crowds with multiple deaths, since 2013. Heightened security is the norm.

Last edited:
Well, also add in the fact that slow news days just don’t seem to exist anymore. It’s going to take more than lukewarm interest at best from their audience for them to spend the resources if they can get higher ratings at home. Edward was a son of the Queen and carried out a decent amount of engagements on behalf of his mother even if he pursued a private career as well. However, Eugenie is, for practical purposes, a private individual.

I'm not sure that Edward was really much better known to the general public than Eugenie. The general public saw very little of any work he did on behalf of the Queen. Much like now, he got very scant coverage.

I think "Princess' is still going to garner some interest--especially with the bonus of William & Kate and Harry & Meghan, and probable celebrities will be attending.

Last edited:
It was definitely shown in Australia live. My mother and I watched it together - as we did all royal events until she died.

As far as Security for Peter Philips wedding--it was also during a slow time in terrorist activity. There were only 2 terrorist incidents in Britain during the 2000s after 2001. There have been 8 terrorist incidents, several in crowds with multiple deaths, since 2013. Heightened security is the norm.

Which would also made it a wiser choice to forego the public carriage ride. I doubt crowds will gather if it’s only expected within Windsor Castle and then just on private roads going to Royal Lodge.

I'm not sure that Edward was really much better known to the general public than Eugenie. The general public saw very little of any work he did on behalf of the Queen. Much like now, he got very scant coverage.

I think "Princess' is still going to garner some interest--especially with the bonus of William & Kate and Harry & Meghan, and probable celebrities will be attending.

Not if they need to be reminded who that Princess is. I’m sure there is interest in those attending, but most aren’t going to be waiting with baited breath to see them at someone else’s wedding or watch it live if the timing is inconvenient. It certainly isn’t going to involve sitting through the entire wedding. If they are just watching for someone else, they’ll just go on Twitter for the photos and then watch the clips of the other royal later. Wedding ceremonies aren’t always the most interesting to watch. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Which would also made it a wiser choice to forego the public carriage ride. I doubt crowds will gather if it’s only expected within Windsor Castle and then just on private roads going to Royal Lodge.

Hopefully the weather will be good for Eugenie & Jack’s special day! Since it will be on a weekday, I just wonder how they will manage the crowds.

Not if they need to be reminded who that Princess is. I’m sure there is interest in those attending, but most aren’t going to be waiting with baited breath to see them at someone else’s wedding or watch it live if the timing is inconvenient. It certainly isn’t going to involve sitting through the entire wedding. If they are just watching for someone else, they’ll just go on Twitter for the photos and then watch the clips of the other royal later. Wedding ceremonies aren’t always the most interesting to watch. :lol:

I'm really happy about Eugenie's wedding and hope to be able to see some of it on TV and not just in photos. I love weddings especially the ceremonies. If I had to choose a reception or a ceremony I'd prefer to go to the ceremony (but I'd miss the cake.)
I'm sure there is some interest in the wedding because of the BRF for some, interest in weddings in general for some, interest in guests for some and some interest in Eugenie herself (gasp!) for some. Of course it won't be at the level of Harry & Meghan. That was fairly unique.
You give the impression (to me at least) that you are not happy Eugenie is even being allowed to have her wedding at Windsor at all and negate any interest others might have.

Last edited:
I'm really happy about Eugenie's wedding and hope to be able to see some of it on TV and not just in photos. I love weddings especially the ceremonies. If I had to choose a reception or a ceremony I'd prefer to go to the ceremony (but I'd miss the cake.)
I'm sure there is some interest in the wedding because of the BRF for some, interest in weddings in general for some, interest in guests for some and some interest in Eugenie herself (gasp!) for some. Of course it won't be at the level of Harry & Meghan. That was fairly unique.
You give the impression (to me at least) that you are not happy Eugenie is even being allowed to have her wedding at Windsor at all and negate any interest others might have.

My interest in the York girls are a passing interest rather than anything regular. I've noted the past about how they are treated unfairly because of their parents' scandals over the years. Eugenie can have a wedding at Windsor and I would be the first to defend however extravagant they want to get privately, but the cost of it to taxpayer is a fair question. Even though the cost of it that's being reported is far less than the inflated cost for the Sussex wedding (reality was about 10% of what was "estimated", but the cost being reported here is realistic based on what officials have said about cost relating to Sussex wedding), it has generated more negative reactions like I thought it would and voiced as soon as these plans came out. A lot of it is due to public expectation for someone that will be son of a king and expected to dedicated his life to work on behalf of the monarch compared to a grandchild of a monarch that is a private individual for all practical purposes. I'm being realistic about things here. While individuals like different things, in general, there hasn't been that big of an interest.

Last edited:
Chris ship said in Royal rota that there are negotions going on with some network about getting cameras inside the Chapel.

They expect even if it is streamed it won't be in major networks globally.

We have to also remember Edward was the 1st major wedding after Diana's death. That was the reason for a lot of the international interest. He is also the monarch's youngest child. So they knew it would be a while before they were going to get another big wedding like that.

Eugenie is a blood princess. People will be interested. Also she is also getting the residual excitement from all the royal celebrations this year. It has been a massive year for the family. Plenty of media will cover it.

Unfortunately all taxpayers world wide have little choice most of the time as to how their taxes are used. We are going to pay here for presidents to take their vacations and their security for they and their family etc no matter who they are or what party they are in.

LaRae

that's not the same. T his is a one off event, which Andrew could put his hand In his pocket for, but I doubt if he will.. However its the sort of thing that tends to make the RF less popular...

We have to also remember Edward was the 1st major wedding after Diana's death. That was the reason for a lot of the international interest. He is also the monarch's youngest child. So they knew it would be a while before they were going to get another big wedding like that.

Eugenie is a blood princess. People will be interested. Also she is also getting the residual excitement from all the royal celebrations this year. It has been a massive year for the family. Plenty of media will cover it.

edwards' wedding was relatively low key, for the wedding of a child of the queens' at that time. Had it not been for the fall in popularity that had happened in the 1990s, he might have married in London, and had a grander affair. but he was the 4th child, he was not that popular and the RF sensibley decided to keep things quieter. There will of course be some media coverage, but much less than there might have been some years ago. People aren't that itneresed.. Eug isn't that well known, she's not doing royal duties and she's not that popular because her parents are largely disliked.. so she'll get a nice wedding and there will be people who will be OK with it, as it is and people who will feel that it should be even more low key....

Also, at the time of his wedding, Edward was never destined to become a full time working member of the RF. It was assumed he’d work at his own job and so the odd engagement, so I also think their reasoning for not having a flashy state occasion is that he was never supposed to be that well know anyway.

I don’t see the need for their wedding to be televised, but I’m sure we will see guests arriving and leaving just as we did for Peter and Zara’s weddings.

There is some interest in Eugenie’s wedding; however, I think most of that interest is, “what will Meghan and Kate wear?”

My isomeone that will be son of a king and expected to dedicated his life to work on behalf of the monarch compared to a grandchild of a monarch that is a private individual for all practical purposes. I'm being realistic about things here. While individuals like different things, in general, there hasn't been that big of an interest.

In all honesty from comments I've heard from people there wasn't that passionate an interest from English people abot Harry's wedding even, and he is a future Kings son. So with Eugenie (unless she had really attracted public affection which she hasn't) its bound to be even less interest...
EUgenie is pretty much a private person, and I assume she's Ok with that and would not want to be doing full time royal duties. Probably after the wedding she will only get very minimal media attention. And people are not that into her wedding so there will be more grumbling about the cost....and I don't think most people in the UK will be bothered that it is not on TV etc.

I feel that people always forget that the popularity and public interest in William and Harry more than the yorks doesn't come from being first in line or full-time part of the firm but rather their late famous commoner mother!

It's true that a certain amount of the glamour cast by Diana resonated with the public and landed on her sons. And yes, being Diana's sons has gained William and Harry extra public interest over the years, but I would argue that they have done a lot on their own account since their late teens to maintain interest and publicity. The two Princes were known for years, (along with Kate) as the young face of the British monarchy, and I don't think that was due to Diana. Nor was the enormous interest in who they married and their lives since.

Will Eugenie's wedding be televised?

According to an ITV report called Royal Rota (a new ongoing series about the royal family), there will be cameras at Windsor Chapel. No decision has yet been announced though regarding full live television coverage of the actual ceremony.

It is speculated that Prince Andrew might want the wedding to be televised, and it is thought that negotiations are under way with media outlets. The hosts of Royal Rota agree there will not be as much worldwide interest in Eugenie's wedding, and thus most media outlets outside of Britain are unlikely to carry any potential live broadcast (though they would later show highlights). In any case, with most of the royal family expected to be present, including the main royals, interest may increase as the wedding day nears.

The discussion about Eugenie's wedding comes toward the end of the broadcast. And despite the title heading of the Youtube video, the discussion includes mention of other royal happenings aside from the Markle-Sussex saga.

ETA: I now see that someone already earlier posted a link to the Royal Rota broadcast. So I will remove the link from my post.

Last edited:
There will be TV cameras. How many, and where, are still subject to discussion. Hope that helps

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter

Replying to a question on Twitter

That seems like a good omen for me. If there's a TV camera, I'll be finding out how to watch the wedding. :D

There will be TV cameras. How many, and where, are still subject to discussion. Hope that helps

Via Chris Ship ITV Twitter

Replying to a question on Twitter
My question actually [emoji41]

That seems like a good omen for me. If there's a TV camera, I'll be finding out how to watch the wedding. :D

Royal family youtube chanell is a safe bet. It’s how I watched the Sussex wedding, without having to listen to our annoying commentators.

Last edited:
Annoying commentators aren't a problem for me. Its one of the upsides of being hearing impaired. I just turned off the closed captioning. :D

I do think the possibility of the wedding being streamed is a more likely option rather than having the "big" networks covering it. Either way, its fine with me.

Annoying commentators aren't a problem for me. Its one of the upsides of being hearing impaired. I just turned off the closed captioning. :D

I do think the possibility of the wedding being streamed is a more likely option rather than having the "big" networks covering it. Either way, its fine with me.

I can see BBC America and maybe PBS carrying some of it. There might be a special of highlights on a network.

My question actually [emoji41]

Good of you to inquire! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand Thomas, Jack's brother has also got engaged. So I expect they will be best man to each other. I know Sarah had Apricot dresses for her Bridesmaids, and Princess Margaret Lemon dresses. I do hope white is not chosen. Lilac would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom