Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are many reasons we won't see the wedding televised.

First is that cousin weddings have no president for being televised. And televising this would set a precedent/pressure for other weddings in this generation to be televised. I'm not sure that's a great idea. To put pressure on all these young people to televise their private lives.

More importantly (and lets not go off topic and discuss the succession or Charles or working royals - I just want to make my point) it's my opinion that Charles wants a monarchy without the York girls as part of the official duties team. Televising would just poke a stick in that discussion.

Plus, and this gets back to the couple, how do we know they want all that hoo-ha? It will be bad enough that the press compares every bit known to other royal weddings. Televising things just increases that scrutiny. I think the idea of some things being private is actually very romantic. JMO.

I think there are many reasons we won't see the wedding televised.

First is that cousin weddings have no president for being televised. And televising this would set a precedent/pressure for other weddings in this generation to be televised. I'm not sure that's a great idea. To put pressure on all these young people to televise their private lives.

Actually there is no precedent for cousins weddings at all, and in this I will say male-line grandchildren as female-line are not royal, so the Linleys and Phillips don't count. While some may say the public may not like it, which I haven't really seen proof of unless not caring counts, you can't use history as a source for not having it televised because it falls either way, two of the Queen's cousins' weddings were televised, while two weren't and we don't really know what would have happened had Prince Michael married a Protestant with a ceremony in the UK.

Whether the wedding is aired or not has Nothing to do with them being working royals or not.

Nor does it have anything to do with Charles and his feelings on size, or not.

The royal family does NOT control the media. If Eugenie and Jack refused to have the cameras in the church then they would have that much control. The only ones who decide if the rest is shown is the media. If there is demand for the wedding to be seen, it will be seen. If not, then no. Media is a business. They don't care how far someone is from the throne, they care what sells. They care about profits and ratings. If they think Eugenie's wedding can bring in the ratings, they will cover it.

Margaret's kids were not the same. They were only niece and nephew of the queen. They were not grandchildren of the monarch when they wed.

Philip and Zara are but they are private citizens and there is little interest or knowledge in them.

If anything the bad press pushes interest on Eugenie and Jack. People for better or worse know who she is. Add to it that she is the first royal princess to marry in over 40 years.

Like Edward and Sophie's wedding was at a time of renewed interest, so is Eugenie's. Harry's wedding has only increased that.

Do I think we will have multiple news outlets and such? No. Do I think there will certainly be at least british coverage? Yes. And in the modern world, with streaming and internet, that is all that is needed for people all over to watch.

I was talking about the ceremony being televised. And now realize some of this discussion is about general coverage of the day, outside the church.

Of course the press will be all over it and I will be happy to see pictures outside the church as well!

Ridiculous ..the only way Phillip won't be there is if he becomes seriously ill. Sarah was at Harry's wedding and they managed to get thru it....he will be just fine at Eugenie's.

LaRae

I agree. Sarah was also at Harry's wedding. I just was wondering about other people's thoughts.

I don't think he would hurt Eugenie by not attending her wedding. He doesn't have to talk to Sarah.

I think he’ll be there. He would never give Sarah the satisfaction that she could “knock him for a loop”.

I think that the wedding will be televised in that so many high-profile guests are expected. All four members of this family have prominent friends.

Do they? I'd imagine that most of the guests will be upper class English with maybe a few celebrities thrown in....

We'll see of course. However Eugenie and Beatrice, Eugenie especially, have always had a lot of celebrity friends. Some will undoubtedly get an invitation.

Ridiculous ..the only way Phillip won't be there is if he becomes seriously ill. Sarah was at Harry's wedding and they managed to get thru it....he will be just fine at Eugenie's.LaRae

I agree!
I'm sure Prince Phillip isn't fond of his daughters ex husband either but he attended both Peter & Zara's weddings.

I don’t see Philip not attending his granddaughters wedding, because her mother will be there.
He may not tolerate Sarah, but this would be Eugenies day. And I’m sure, for his granddaughter he’d be in the same room (and maybe not interact) with Sarah.

The only reason he may miss the wedding is if his health doesn’t permit, and he does seem rather frail. I hope he attends or else the media will have a field day making up stories

I agree!
I'm sure Prince Phillip isn't fond of his daughters ex husband either but he attended both Peter & Zara's weddings.

He hardly has the same feelings towards Mark Phillips that he has towards Sarah, its pretty well known that he has been unfriendly to her for a long time. And he was a good deal younger when P and Z got married. He's a very old man now and has had a very big operation only a ffew months ago, so if he is not too well, he may feel that this is a wedding he can skip. He didn't attend P Louis's christening either, IIRC...….

He hardly has the same feelings towards Mark Phillips that he has towards Sarah, its pretty well known that he has been unfriendly to her for a long time. And he was a good deal younger when P and Z got married. He's a very old man now and has had a very big operation only a ffew months ago, so if he is not too well, he may feel that this is a wedding he can skip. He didn't attend P Louis's christening either, IIRC...….

The Queen didn’t attend Louis’s Christening, so is she not going to attend Eugenie’s wedding?

Unless Philip’s health declines significantly in the next two months I expect him to be at his granddaughter’s wedding. If he wasn’t in fairly good general health he would not have had his operation.

The Queen didn’t attend Louis’s Christening, so is she not going to attend Eugenie’s wedding?

Unless Philip’s health declines significantly in the next two months I expect him to be at his granddaughter’s wedding. If he wasn’t in fairly good general health he would not have had his operation.

Te point being that the older royals don't attend everything.. even private events that you'd expect them to go to, like a great grandson's christening.
The queen and Philip are a very old couple and Philip's health isn't as good as it was. I wasn't sure he would be at Harry's wedding, but he was.. Im sure he will go if he feels well enough, if he's not feeling too well, or is tired, this other wedding, might be one he doesn't attend, or perhaps just makes a token appearance for...

I think it will be for the evening party, the Queen has always hosted a reception for the other grandchildren after their wedding before leaving them to party in the evening so I suspect she will host a reception in the Castle and then in the evening there will be a party at Royal Lodge. I'm not surprised they aren't having it at Frogmore, its so close to M&H's wedding which has a reception there its nice to do something different and would seem odd maybe not to have it at their own house which is just as close as Frogmore.

Do they? I'd imagine that most of the guests will be upper class English with maybe a few celebrities thrown in....

The York girls move in posher circles then even their cousins do. I wouldn't be surprised if we even see a few continental royals and their relatives. Her and Bea attended the weddings of the Hannover brothers for instance. And have moved in the same circles as the Casiraghis. She didn't attend the wedding of Amedeo and Elisabetta like her sister did though.

As for celebrities, I wouldn't be surprised to see:
-Beckhams: friendly with Andrew
-James Blunt and his wife are said to be friends with Eugenie
-Cara Delevigne
-Poppy Jamie
-Eddie Redmayne is said to be a friend from her NY days
-the Bransons
-small chance of Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher- friends of Beatrice
-Karlie Kloss
-Ellie Goulding
-Sienna Miller
-Ed Shereen

Considering he attended Harry's wedding right after the surgery, I don't see how anyone would suggest he would use it as an excuse for hers. :ermm:

I guess some people are petty enough to think he would skip a wedding simply as he doesn't like Sarah. But Philip has shown he is a loving grandfather. I highly doubt he will care if the woman is in the church. She was at Harry's wedding after all.

The baptism of a great-grandchild is different then the wedding of a grandchild. Philip and Elizabeth have missed the baptisms of more then one great-grandchild. They have yet to miss a single wedding of a grandchild.

The York girls move in posher circles then even their cousins do. I wouldn't be surprised if we even see a few continental royals and their relatives. Her and Bea attended the weddings of the Hannover brothers for instance. And have moved in the same circles as the Casiraghis. She didn't attend the wedding of Amedeo and Elisabetta like her sister did though.

As for celebrities, I wouldn't be surprised to see:
-Beckhams: friendly with Andrew
-James Blunt and his wife are said to be friends with Eugenie
-Cara Delevigne
-Poppy Jamie
-Eddie Redmayne is said to be a friend from her NY days
-the Bransons
-small chance of Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher- friends of Beatrice
-Karlie Kloss
-Ellie Goulding
-Sienna Miller
-Ed Shereen

I would also like to add the possibility of:
- George and Amal Clooney (George is an original co-owner of Casamigos, which Jack is brand ambassador for and Amal and Eugenie have met a few times in public through the UN)
-Randy Gerber and Cindy Crawford (same reason as George, Casamigos)

Eugenie won’t have a problem filling 800 seats for her wedding that’s for sure.

:previous: That doesn't mean she will. The Yorks may well cap the guest list at around 600 like the Wessexes and Sussexes.

I'm hoping for televised coverage of the guests and some of the bride and groom.
It could help reduce spectator numbers actually at Windsor and it won't add expense or extra security.
Weddings are a happy public celebration and so pretty. Possibly fewer people will watch than Harry's wedding but possibly not. People love the Queen and fashion and historical buildings and enjoy wonderful liturgy and music.
A real life love story can cheer more than other news.

I think that there will be television coverage. The potential guest list alone would attract many viewers. Also, in the US, it would be broadcast early Saturday morning with virtually no competition.

I think that there will be television coverage. The potential guest list alone would attract many viewers. Also, in the US, it would be broadcast early Saturday morning with virtually no competition.

The wedding is on Friday October 12.

The wedding is on Friday October 12.

If Princess Eugenie and Jack had scheduled the wedding for October 19, would the public accuse them of copying the 19 from Prince Harry and Meghan's wedding of May 19?

And there is a reason why there is virtually no competition, people aren't usually awake. :lol:

Except the wedding is happening on the Friday, not the Saturday. As the UK is 5 hours ahead of New York and 8 hours ahead of LA, there’s no way it would be broadcast live on the Saturday in the US. It’ll be at some point Friday morning in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom