The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #401  
Old 07-18-2018, 07:18 AM
kbk kbk is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 359
Oh, gosh, they're ambitious, that's for sure.

I believe the wedding should be of much lower profile than the Prince Charles' sons'. Simply a private, family affair. Who is paying for that? The Princess is not expected to play any official role in the future of the monarchy. Of course, her only "job" is to remain in the line to step up if something happens to the more senior royals. I don't think she will play a similar role as Princess Alexandra does now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
it's not a contest.
Unfortunately, I think it is some sort of contest.
__________________

  #402  
Old 07-18-2018, 08:07 AM
Mat Mat is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Warszawa, Poland
Posts: 3
That's an amazing information! Hope the wedding will be televised :)
__________________

  #403  
Old 07-18-2018, 08:10 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
https://www.royal.uk/wedding-princes...castle-grounds

[...]

The attendees will view the arrival of the congregation and Members of the Royal Family, listen to a live broadcast of the Marriage Service and watch as the Bride and Groom depart St George's Chapel at the end of the ceremony.
Does this indicate that only the audio will be broadcast? Is there a chance that it will also be livestreamed for the public?

Quote:
The newly married couple will then undertake a short carriage procession through part of Windsor High Street. The carriage will process through the grounds of Windsor Castle, departing via Castle Hill to proceed along part of the High Street before returning to the Castle via Cambridge Gate.
How short is the route compared to the carriage procession in the Wessexes' wedding?
  #404  
Old 07-18-2018, 08:14 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,912
Some reporters said it’s the same route as the Wessexes. More information will be released, including media accreditation. I think there’s a chance we’ll get a livestream or at least some video.
  #405  
Old 07-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
I believe the Wessex's went down a part of the Long Walk. If that's not in the cards as it has been reported, then it's shorter. I can't imagine it'll be too long given the road closures that will need to happen and being that it's a Friday and people still have to work (Wessexes had their wedding on Saturday like the Sussexes).

And I'm wondering how they are expecting people to take the day off? Are kids getting pulled out of school that day? I'm honestly surprised by this given that Eugenie has no public role. I'd think it should be on par with Peter's wedding. But Andrew does do things differently than Anne.
  #406  
Old 07-18-2018, 09:31 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I believe the Wessex's went down a part of the Long Walk. If that's not in the cards as it has been reported, then it's shorter. I can't imagine it'll be too long given the road closures that will need to happen and being that it's a Friday and people still have to work (Wessexes had their wedding on Saturday like the Sussexes).

And I'm wondering how they are expecting people to take the day off? Are kids getting pulled out of school that day? I'm honestly surprised by this given that Eugenie has no public role. I'd think it should be on par with Peter's wedding. But Andrew does do things differently than Anne.
The people that will be invited can easily take the day off by applying either for a days holiday, or just a day off in general. Same for the children, some might be on half term but it should be the week after, but again with a valid reason children can be taken out of school.

None of this would be done unless The Queen approved. We seem to forget that Eugenie does a lot for her charities, and this is a lovely way to honour them.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #407  
Old 07-18-2018, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The people that will be invited can easily take the day off by applying either for a days holiday, or just a day off in general. Same for the children, some might be on half term but it should be the week after, but again with a valid reason children can be taken out of school.

None of this would be done unless The Queen approved. We seem to forget that Eugenie does a lot for her charities, and this is a lovely way to honour them.
I have no issues with honoring the charities. In fact, I would expect nothing less. That's not what I'm talking about. This goes beyond that. It seems that a significant number of children will be taken out of the local school. And it's very late in the term, which is quite unusual. I think most people expected this wedding to be the scale of Peter's (which is still large for a private wedding) rather than the Sussexes' or the Wessexes'. On top of that, this is on a weekday when people have to work and now we are talking about street closures and security outside of the castle.

I doubt the Queen is going to deny them a public wedding. However, I don't know how well this will work out given that the York princesses aren't that popular (I'm not here to debate if they are fairly treated, I personally think they aren't, but that's not here nor there). There were already snide remarks about the fact that they did an interview on the day of the engagement announcement from royal corresponds before they realized this is nothing more than a 5 minute standing interview.
  #408  
Old 07-18-2018, 09:48 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I believe the Wessex's went down a part of the Long Walk. If that's not in the cards as it has been reported, then it's shorter. I can't imagine it'll be too long given the road closures that will need to happen and being that it's a Friday and people still have to work (Wessexes had their wedding on Saturday like the Sussexes).

And I'm wondering how they are expecting people to take the day off? Are kids getting pulled out of school that day? I'm honestly surprised by this given that Eugenie has no public role. I'd think it should be on par with Peter's wedding. But Andrew does do things differently than Anne.
They didn't go down the LW... they took a loop around the castle. It seems this is basically the same route.

I like that Eugenie is inviting the public. It is a nice move. I do wonder if we getting a live steam. Glad we starting to keep updates. Countdown.
  #409  
Old 07-18-2018, 09:49 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,912
The schools have probably already been approached. They are all right in Windsor, except Marlborough College and it’s right next door to Windsor.

Receiving an invite to the royal wedding is probably the best excuse to get out of lessons for the day.
  #410  
Old 07-18-2018, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I like that Eugenie is inviting the public. It is a nice move. I do wonder if we getting a live steam. Glad we starting to keep updates. Countdown.

I like it too, but I am wondering if this will mean a huge increase in security costs.

If it does, many members of the public will not be pleased!
  #411  
Old 07-18-2018, 01:58 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
Looks exactly the same as Edward and Sophie. Carriage ride as well - down the high Street, past Guildhall through Cambridge gate and then Long Walk back to the Castle. Way shorter than H&M.


With the exception of Beatrice, last truly royal wedding for probably 20 years at least.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #412  
Old 07-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk View Post
Oh, gosh, they're ambitious, that's for sure.

I believe the wedding should be of much lower profile than the Prince Charles' sons'. Simply a private, family affair. Who is paying for that? The Princess is not expected to play any official role in the future of the monarchy. Of course, her only "job" is to remain in the line to step up if something happens to the more senior royals. I don't think she will play a similar role as Princess Alexandra does now.



Unfortunately, I think it is some sort of contest.
The difference here that displaces the "hierarchy" of being Prince Charles' son should have a "bigger, badder and better" wedding than Princess Eugenie lies in your own statement that this is a family wedding. Eugenie is as much a granddaughter of the monarch as Harry is the grandson of the monarch. It has absolutely nothing to do with working for the "Firm" but everything to do with being a family. So.... no contest there.

I'm happy to see Eugenie and Jack being able to use the template from Harry and Meghan's and Edward and Sophie's weddings to enhance their own. I am really starting to prefer royal weddings at Windsor Castle over ones at Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #413  
Old 07-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The difference here that displaces the "hierarchy" of being Prince Charles' son should have a "bigger, badder and better" wedding than Princess Eugenie lies in your own statement that this is a family wedding. Eugenie is as much a granddaughter of the monarch as Harry is the grandson of the monarch. It has absolutely nothing to do with working for the "Firm" but everything to do with being a family. So.... no contest there.
Where does that put Peter and Zara then? Or how about William if we are going down that road? The fact of matter is that while they are grandchildren of HM, there is a difference between what people will tolerate in terms of disruption to everyday life and cost to the public. Harry is a working royal, and hugely popular one at that, so there is still expectations on him and those that are conscious about public cost related to royal family will give more of a leeway. Even then, there were heavy criticism of cost. Eugenie doesn't have the benefit of goodwill as Harry does, and she also doesn't hold a public role with at least some expectations by the public on her wedding.
  #414  
Old 07-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Where does that put Peter and Zara then? Or how about William if we are going down that road? The fact of matter is that while they are grandchildren of HM, there is a difference between what people will tolerate in terms of disruption to everyday life and cost to the public. Harry is a working royal, and hugely popular one at that, so there is still expectations on him and those that are conscious about public cost related to royal family will give more of a leeway. Even then, there were heavy criticism of cost. Eugenie doesn't have the benefit of goodwill as Harry does, and she also doesn't hold a public role with at least some expectations by the public on her wedding.
As with Harry's wedding at Windsor Castle, the disruption to the public for Eugenie and Jack's wedding will be very minimal and that would be the short carriage ride through Windsor High Street. Regardless of what the details of this upcoming wedding were to be, there would always have been that aspect of public interest and therefore a need for security. These "disruptions" of the public everyday life don't stem from the bridal couple solely but for the level of public interest itself. Peter, Zara and even the Princess Royal (for her second marriage) chose a more "closed to the public" type of wedding yet the public interest was still there but not on the grand scale perhaps like William's was.

This wedding won't be televised from everything I've seen so far but the couple realizes that they don't want to totally shut out the public either. Its balanced in the way they're going about it. The public isn't paying for any of this wedding and the question of security would have existed no matter how Eugenie and Jack decided to fashion their happy day.

I like how they're doing it myself.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #415  
Old 07-18-2018, 02:35 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: small town, United States
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The difference here that displaces the "hierarchy" of being Prince Charles' son should have a "bigger, badder and better" wedding than Princess Eugenie lies in your own statement that this is a family wedding. Eugenie is as much a granddaughter of the monarch as Harry is the grandson of the monarch. It has absolutely nothing to do with working for the "Firm" but everything to do with being a family. So.... no contest there.

I'm happy to see Eugenie and Jack being able to use the template from Harry and Meghan's and Edward and Sophie's weddings to enhance their own. I am really starting to prefer royal weddings at Windsor Castle over ones at Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral.
It is more picturesque imo
  #416  
Old 07-18-2018, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
As with Harry's wedding at Windsor Castle, the disruption to the public for Eugenie and Jack's wedding will be very minimal and that would be the short carriage ride through Windsor High Street. Regardless of what the details of this upcoming wedding were to be, there would always have been that aspect of public interest and therefore a need for security. These "disruptions" of the public everyday life don't stem from the bridal couple solely but for the level of public interest itself. Peter, Zara and even the Princess Royal (for her second marriage) chose a more "closed to the public" type of wedding yet the public interest was still there but not on the grand scale perhaps like William's was.
That's not quite true. Harry's wedding involved closed down roads and had to put in airport security scanners among other security measures during the day which caused a lot of delays and such in getting around town. But it wasn't as disruptive because it's not a workday where most people have to be at places by a certain time. The Wessexes' wedding was also on a Saturday to minimize disruption as no holiday is expected. However, Eugenie's wedding is on a weekday. I'm at a loss as to why they didn't just pick the Saturday if they wanted a public wedding? The only wedding since the Yorks' wedding that was not intended to be on either a holiday or weekend was Prince Charles and Camilla's blessing. But I don't believe that was on the same scale in terms of road closures and such.
  #417  
Old 07-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,429
I've no clue why they picked a Friday instead of a Saturday. I also can't begin to know the whys and the wherefores of how this wedding planning is all going and how the decisions that were made so far have come to be. I guess I'll just have to accept that this is how its going to be and take it as it comes. They know what they're doing. We don't.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #418  
Old 07-18-2018, 03:07 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Where does that put Peter and Zara then? Or how about William if we are going down that road? The fact of matter is that while they are grandchildren of HM, there is a difference between what people will tolerate in terms of disruption to everyday life and cost to the public. Harry is a working royal, and hugely popular one at that, so there is still expectations on him and those that are conscious about public cost related to royal family will give more of a leeway. Even then, there were heavy criticism of cost. Eugenie doesn't have the benefit of goodwill as Harry does, and she also doesn't hold a public role with at least some expectations by the public on her wedding.
I am confused to all of this as well. Eugenie is nice and Jack seems sweet but most people have no idea who they are, they are not working royals and will not be afaik and they are not the child of a future monarch. So this seems rathe excessive for a non working member of the family. They should have followed the Peter set up. And taking kids out of school? IMO that is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

And are they televising? Why invite people to simply listen to a wedding? Why invite the public at all? It’s unnecessary expense for someone who isn’t a working member or central to the future of the working of the Firm.

This is IMO all abouI Andrew’s ego. And the Queen often kowtows to Andrew and his wishes.
  #419  
Old 07-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,224
I'm a bit surprised at the public carriage ride. I was expecting that they would let people into the Lower Ward to see them arrive and leave as that seems pretty standard and is within the castle precincts anyway. I thought they would leave in a carriage but not that they would go through so many public streets. Whilst the article I read mentioned they avoided using the Long Walk for the carriage ride to avoid comparisons to M&H they would perhaps have been better driving in one of the State limousines to the Long Walk then going in the carriage along the Long Walk which would not disrupt anyone really.
I'd be interested to know what Peter and Autumn did for there wedding. I wonder if it was felt as Eugenie is a HRH there needed to be a step up from Peter's wedding, as most details bar the public carriage ride seem the same IMO (happy to be corrected if Peter and Autumn did actually do a carriage ride).
  #420  
Old 07-18-2018, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I'm a bit surprised at the public carriage ride. I was expecting that they would let people into the Lower Ward to see them arrive and leave as that seems pretty standard and is within the castle precincts anyway. I thought they would leave in a carriage but not that they would go through so many public streets. Whilst the article I read mentioned they avoided using the Long Walk for the carriage ride to avoid comparisons to M&H they would perhaps have been better driving in one of the State limousines to the Long Walk then going in the carriage along the Long Walk which would not disrupt anyone really.
I'd be interested to know what Peter and Autumn did for there wedding. I wonder if it was felt as Eugenie is a HRH there needed to be a step up from Peter's wedding, as most details bar the public carriage ride seem the same IMO (happy to be corrected if Peter and Autumn did actually do a carriage ride).
If I remember correctly, I believe they took a carriage ride to Frogmore House, but that's not nearly as disruptive as this on a weekday as the roads are on private grounds (we didn't see much from Meghan and Harry's drive from Windsor Castle to Frogmore either).

As for the limousine idea, I think the whole point of a public carriage ride is that they expect people to line the streets to see it? Otherwise, why would it even be planned?

Honestly, thinking HRH requires an elevation is dated. Things have changed. How people see royalty today is different than when the girls were born. In this day an age, most people don't regard them any different than Peter or Zara. For example, when they were born, they were entitled to RPO, but since the late 2000s, they've lost that. And one of the arguments was that the Phillips children didn't seem to need it.

If they end up only allow others to listen in, and then sign a deal with Hello to sell the pictures after all this, I can see there being a big blow back. At this point, I think it's almost better for them to televise it if BBC is interested. There will still be some negative feedback, especially for the additional security to secure outside of the castle, but it's the lesser of two evils.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 228 03-15-2018 09:50 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi althorp american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry british british royals chittagong commonwealth countries countess of snowdon daisy duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals family life family tree future games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii hereditary grand duke guillaume hill history house of glucksburg imperial household interesting israel jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family norwegian royal family prince charles prince charles of luxembourg princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal wedding snowdon spain speech spencer family taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×