The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Princess Eugenie and Jack gave an interview on the day of the engagement.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...-in-interview/
It's not an extended sit down interview like with William and Harry. I believe similar interviews were done by the Tindalls and Phillips as well. I think the entire interview with Eugenie and Jack was about 5 or 6 minutes.
__________________

  #282  
Old 05-30-2018, 05:54 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,211
i think it would be nice if Eugenie and Jacks wedding was an evening wedding .. it would be something obviously different than Harry & Meghan's to avoid comparison; a candlelight service would be lovely.
__________________

  #283  
Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
i think it would be nice if Eugenie and Jacks wedding was an evening wedding .. it would be something obviously different than Harry & Meghan's to avoid comparison; a candlelight service would be lovely.
What is the earliest an evening wedding can occur? What is the latest time an evening wedding can occur?
  #284  
Old 05-30-2018, 10:01 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,498
Weddings in England and Wales can be held at any time of the day or night.
I think that a candlelight wedding ceremony would be lovely. Can't see it happening though.

Weddings in England and Wales to be held at any time - BBC News
  #285  
Old 05-31-2018, 12:57 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,128
I don't see them having an evening ceremony. Especially a late evening 'candle light' one. Among other things that severely limits a reception, especially with the older guests like the queen.

It has become quite popular, especially among the upper crust, to have two receptions. Not simply a royal wedding. Pippa is not alone in having a wedding breakfast and later an evening reception. These are the circles Eugenie and Beatrice move in, as much as their cousins do. Though the wedding will be at a much smaller scale then Harry's, I expect both. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same as Harry, in that the queen will host a royal lunch at the castle (smaller scale) for the official event. And an evening party hosted later for the couple and their friends, by Andrew, possibly at Royal Lodge.

No need for Eugenie's wedding to be downsized even more then Harry's, just to make it as different as possible. Its not going to compare anyways, day or evening.

I also think Eugenie will want a carriage ride, and a candlelight ceremony doesn't suit that at all.
  #286  
Old 05-31-2018, 01:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,981
Oh I wish we could see her wedding I have a feeling it will be beautiful and very different to other weddings. Just a feeling
  #287  
Old 05-31-2018, 11:14 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,498
I think it will be lovely. It might be a quite traditional ceremony. I do hope for lots of photos and perhaps a video released later.
  #288  
Old 05-31-2018, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't see them having an evening ceremony. Especially a late evening 'candle light' one. Among other things that severely limits a reception, especially with the older guests like the queen.

It has become quite popular, especially among the upper crust, to have two receptions. Not simply a royal wedding. Pippa is not alone in having a wedding breakfast and later an evening reception. These are the circles Eugenie and Beatrice move in, as much as their cousins do. Though the wedding will be at a much smaller scale then Harry's, I expect both. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same as Harry, in that the queen will host a royal lunch at the castle (smaller scale) for the official event. And an evening party hosted later for the couple and their friends, by Andrew, possibly at Royal Lodge.

No need for Eugenie's wedding to be downsized even more then Harry's, just to make it as different as possible. Its not going to compare anyways, day or evening.

I also think Eugenie will want a carriage ride, and a candlelight ceremony doesn't suit that at all.
I agree with the most part, except for the Queen hosting a reception. Likely to hosted by Prince Andrew. Grandparents typically don't host a reception in these cases. Harry's wedding, while personal, had the working royal aspect to it. And a lot of the guests are representatives from charities that Harry is affiliated with officially. The Queen didn't host a reception for either Zara or Peter. And yes, I'm aware that Eugenie is HRH while they aren't, but I think the York princess' HRH status is nothing more than in name.
  #289  
Old 05-31-2018, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think it will be lovely. It might be a quite traditional ceremony. I do hope for lots of photos and perhaps a video released later.
I don't know. We'll definitely see photos of the arrival. But I'm not sure if they'll do a Hello spread for inside information like Princess Anne's children. I think there was a large amount of backlash for Peter Phillips. Can't remember the specifics for Zara's. That is up to Prince Andrew and the couple.
  #290  
Old 05-31-2018, 11:51 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,242
i am assuming that jack will not get any sort of title?
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nationís largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
  #291  
Old 05-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i am assuming that jack will not get any sort of title?
Probably not. Here's a link to the forum specifically related to that:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ure-44267.html
  #292  
Old 05-31-2018, 05:09 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think it will be lovely. It might be a quite traditional ceremony. I do hope for lots of photos and perhaps a video released later.
I agree. It will be very different from Harry and Meghan's; even though it will be in the same location it will be much more low-key IMO. I think it will be quite a small affair with family and close friends.
I'm still hoping Maude Windsor will be a bridesmaid, and maybe Mia Tindall too. Perhaps Viscount Severn will be one of the pageboys as Eugenie seems to be close with the Wessex children - there was a photo of her interacting with James warmly at the Sussex wedding.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
  #293  
Old 05-31-2018, 05:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 423
To be honest, I think the best we could hope for (and what I am hoping for) is a live stream of the ceremony on the Royal Family YouTube account, the worst would be, well not that. But I also think that the wishes of the couple should be first and foremost, so if that means no exposure at all, than so be it.
  #294  
Old 05-31-2018, 08:10 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 5,856
Will Princess Eugenie's dress have cap sleeves?
Princess Eugenie & Jack Brooksbank Will Have The Next Royal Wedding
  #295  
Old 05-31-2018, 09:03 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Will Princess Eugenie's dress have cap sleeves?
Princess Eugenie & Jack Brooksbank Will Have The Next Royal Wedding

She might have long sleeves as the wedding is in almost mid October. It is usually only 50-60 degrees F on October.
  #296  
Old 05-31-2018, 09:06 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,744
For Eugenie's wedding dress I hope it works with her body type. She has made some unforced errors in her fashion choices. The ceremony will be on a smaller scale because of.the security bill for Harry and Meghan's wedding. As for title for Jack like, if he gets one and royal status is afforded to him he needs to quit his job as ambassador for Casamigos, George Clooney's company. It's not fairs that women who marry into the Royal Family have to give up their careers and the men necessarily don't.
  #297  
Old 05-31-2018, 09:18 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I agree with the most part, except for the Queen hosting a reception. Likely to hosted by Prince Andrew. Grandparents typically don't host a reception in these cases. Harry's wedding, while personal, had the working royal aspect to it. And a lot of the guests are representatives from charities that Harry is affiliated with officially. The Queen didn't host a reception for either Zara or Peter. And yes, I'm aware that Eugenie is HRH while they aren't, but I think the York princess' HRH status is nothing more than in name.
Zara got a pre-wedding party the night before on the queen's yacht, and a wedding reception at Hollyrood as a wedding gift from the queen. Peter got a full reception and evening party at Frogmore, thanks to the queen. I don't think its hard to believe that the queen would host a lunch after the wedding at the castle. I don't see her making Andrew host it all at Royal Lodge. I guess I could be wrong, but it seems she extended that to ALL previous grandkids.

Quote:
For Eugenie's wedding dress I hope it works with her body type. She has made some unforced errors in her fashion choices. The ceremony will be on a smaller scale because of.the security bill for Harry and Meghan's wedding. As for title for Jack like, if he gets one and royal status is afforded to him he needs to quit his job as ambassador for Casamigos, George Clooney's company. It's not fairs that women who marry into the Royal Family have to give up their careers and the men necessarily don't.
If they are going to be Working royals, the women are expected to give up their careers. Sophie didn't have to give up her career when they first married. The only woman who really had a career to give up was Meghan. They cant expect him to give up his career for a title, unless they are willing to have them as working royals. Unlike working royals, Eugenie and Jack have to pay for their cottage and other expenses.

The women in the royal aren't 'giving up their career' they are switching careers. They are becoming 'working royals'. Jack wouldn't be in that situation.
  #298  
Old 05-31-2018, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Zara got a pre-wedding party the night before on the queen's yacht, and a wedding reception at Hollyrood as a wedding gift from the queen. Peter got a full reception and evening party at Frogmore, thanks to the queen. I don't think its hard to believe that the queen would host a lunch after the wedding at the castle. I don't see her making Andrew host it all at Royal Lodge. I guess I could be wrong, but it seems she extended that to ALL previous grandkids.
However those aren’t billed as hosted by the Queen as the wedding breakfast for Harry’s. At least not in anything I’ve read. Not sure about Zara, but the use of Frogmore doesn’t mean Queen is hosting it as Prince Charles hosted that reception for Harry and Meghan.
  #299  
Old 05-31-2018, 10:08 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,428
I imagine that Eugenie and Jack's wedding is going to possibly be along the same lines as Harry and Meghan's but without all the television coverage, less people in the streets and no procession through Windsor.

As far as the receptions, I imagine the Queen will host a reception following the ceremony at Windsor Castle and perhaps Andrew and Sarah hosting an evening party at Frogmore.

I think when it comes to family weddings, the "royal" status and pecking order goes out the window and its Granny hosting for her grandchild with the father hosting the evening celebration. Titles and whether they're working royals don't determine how a grandmother feels and treats her grandchildren.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #300  
Old 05-31-2018, 11:03 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,105
I think Eugenie's wedding will fall somewhere between Zara's and Harry's in scale. I expect lots of guests but no carriage ride thru Windsor...what would be the point if there are no people lined up to see them. I expect they will use cars.

The Queen hosting a luncheon at Windsor and then the parents hosting the evening party wherever depending on how many are invited.


LaRae
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018 JessRulz The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 228 03-15-2018 09:50 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry armstrong-jones british british royals chittagong commonwealth countries countess of snowdon cover-up daisy dutch dutch royals family life family tree games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii heraldry hill history house of glucksburg imperial household interesting israel jack brooksbank jacobite jewelry jumma kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family norwegian royal family prince charles prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen consort queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech spencer family taiwan thailand thai royal family tracts unsubscribe videos wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×