Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media often plays 'Follow the Leader' in these things though. A big London tabloid speculates on something and then another repeats it within hours and after that it goes to magazines or online gossip sites.

I don't see why they would have to have Isla/Savannah and Mia if they used George and Charlotte. Did Harry use them all? William only used Louise. There is no requirement to ask all kids in the family.
Harry's case was difference: George and Charlotte are his nephew and nice. Isla, Savannah and Mia are his first cousins once removed.

In Eugenie's case ALL are her first cousins once removed, so if she would favor the family of the future king over her non-royal first cousins once removed that would signal that titles do matter more than personal connection (as we are not aware of a strong personal connection between her and William and Catherine; much morse so with Harry)

William indeed only asked Louis; however, it would have been rather weird had he also picked another cousin within the BRF as Eugenie was a bit too old to be one of the flower girls :flowers:

Harry's case was difference: George and Charlotte are his nephew and nice. Isla, Savannah and Mia are his first cousins once removed.

In Eugenie's case ALL are her first cousins once removed, so if she would favor the family of the future king over her non-royal first cousins once removed that would signal that titles do matter more than personal connection (as we are not aware of a strong personal connection between her and William and Catherine; much morse so with Harry)

William indeed only asked Louise; however, it would have been rather weird had he also picked another cousin within the BRF as Eugenie was a bit too old to be one of the flower girls :flowers:

William and Kate also had his second cousin, Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones as a bridesmaid.:flowers:

I don't think there are rules about which family members and what degree of relationship there is when choosing the bridal party. Eugenie will ask whomever she wants and they will participate if their parents are good with it.

Last edited:

William indeed only asked Louis; however, it would have been rather weird had he also picked another cousin within the BRF as Eugenie was a bit too old to be one of the flower girls :flowers:

William has other first cousins. I see no one complaining that William favored his royal cousin over his non royal cousins. No one had an issue with Edmund and Lara not being used. They were young enough, yet there was no 'if you use one cousin you have to use them all'. Edmund was 8 and Lara was 5.

Or any complaint Margharita was used, but not the other kids who are the same relation as she is. Arthur and Charles at 12 could have still been pages.

Or that she only used one of Camilla's grandkids and none of the others. Or older weddings. No issue Diana only used Lord Nicholas but none of his siblings or their cousins.

So I don't see how anyone could possibly expect that Eugenie would be 'snubbing' any child if she didn't choose all the little royals.

Do you think Princess Eugenie's bridesmaids will wear flowers or ribbons/bows in their hair?

https://www.royal.uk/wedding-prince...bers-public-be-invited-windsor-castle-grounds

Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank will invite members of the public to join in the celebrations of their wedding on Friday 12th October.

The couple are delighted to announce an opportunity for 1,200 people from across the United Kingdom to be invited into the grounds of Windsor Castle to share the experience of their special day.

The attendees will view the arrival of the congregation and Members of the Royal Family, listen to a live broadcast of the Marriage Service and watch as the Bride and Groom depart St George's Chapel at the end of the ceremony.

The newly married couple will then undertake a short carriage procession through part of Windsor High Street. The carriage will process through the grounds of Windsor Castle, departing via Castle Hill to proceed along part of the High Street before returning to the Castle via Cambridge Gate.

Also present in the Castle Grounds will be representatives of charities supported by Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, together with members of the Windsor community and children from the local schools which Her Royal Highness attended. Residents of Windsor Castle and a number of Royal Household staff will also be present.

Seems like it’s going to be lovely. I’m looking forward to pictures.

Last edited:
Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank will invite members of the public to join in the celebrations of their wedding on Friday 12th October.

The couple are delighted to announce an opportunity for 1,200 people from across the United Kingdom to be invited into the grounds of Windsor Castle to share the experience of their special day.

The attendees will view the arrival of the congregation and Members of the Royal Family, listen to a live broadcast of the Marriage Service and watch as the Bride and Groom depart St George's Chapel at the end of the ceremony.

The newly married couple will then undertake a short carriage procession through part of Windsor High Street. The carriage will process through the grounds of Windsor Castle, departing via Castle Hill to proceed along part of the High Street before returning to the Castle via Cambridge Gate.

Also present in the Castle Grounds will be representatives of charities supported by Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, together with members of the Windsor community and children from the local schools which Her Royal Highness attended. Residents of Windsor Castle and a number of Royal Household staff will also be present.

Looks like they are using Harry's and Meghan's wedding as a template in some respects. Interesting.

I assume they feel it was successful what they did, worth it to follow in their footsteps? :cool: Edward and Sophie did it otherwise: might it be because security concerns are much greater now?

Last edited:
Oh, gosh, they're ambitious, that's for sure.

I believe the wedding should be of much lower profile than the Prince Charles' sons'. Simply a private, family affair. Who is paying for that? The Princess is not expected to play any official role in the future of the monarchy. Of course, her only "job" is to remain in the line to step up if something happens to the more senior royals. I don't think she will play a similar role as Princess Alexandra does now.

it's not a contest.
Unfortunately, I think it is some sort of contest.

Last edited:
That's an amazing information! Hope the wedding will be televised :)

https://www.royal.uk/wedding-prince...bers-public-be-invited-windsor-castle-grounds

[...]

Does this indicate that only the audio will be broadcast? Is there a chance that it will also be livestreamed for the public?

How short is the route compared to the carriage procession in the Wessexes' wedding?

Some reporters said it’s the same route as the Wessexes. More information will be released, including media accreditation. I think there’s a chance we’ll get a livestream or at least some video.

I believe the Wessex's went down a part of the Long Walk. If that's not in the cards as it has been reported, then it's shorter. I can't imagine it'll be too long given the road closures that will need to happen and being that it's a Friday and people still have to work (Wessexes had their wedding on Saturday like the Sussexes).

And I'm wondering how they are expecting people to take the day off? Are kids getting pulled out of school that day? I'm honestly surprised by this given that Eugenie has no public role. I'd think it should be on par with Peter's wedding. But Andrew does do things differently than Anne.

Last edited:
I believe the Wessex's went down a part of the Long Walk. If that's not in the cards as it has been reported, then it's shorter. I can't imagine it'll be too long given the road closures that will need to happen and being that it's a Friday and people still have to work (Wessexes had their wedding on Saturday like the Sussexes).

And I'm wondering how they are expecting people to take the day off? Are kids getting pulled out of school that day? I'm honestly surprised by this given that Eugenie has no public role. I'd think it should be on par with Peter's wedding. But Andrew does do things differently than Anne.

The people that will be invited can easily take the day off by applying either for a days holiday, or just a day off in general. Same for the children, some might be on half term but it should be the week after, but again with a valid reason children can be taken out of school.

None of this would be done unless The Queen approved. We seem to forget that Eugenie does a lot for her charities, and this is a lovely way to honour them.

The people that will be invited can easily take the day off by applying either for a days holiday, or just a day off in general. Same for the children, some might be on half term but it should be the week after, but again with a valid reason children can be taken out of school.

None of this would be done unless The Queen approved. We seem to forget that Eugenie does a lot for her charities, and this is a lovely way to honour them.

I have no issues with honoring the charities. In fact, I would expect nothing less. That's not what I'm talking about. This goes beyond that. It seems that a significant number of children will be taken out of the local school. And it's very late in the term, which is quite unusual. I think most people expected this wedding to be the scale of Peter's (which is still large for a private wedding) rather than the Sussexes' or the Wessexes'. On top of that, this is on a weekday when people have to work and now we are talking about street closures and security outside of the castle.

I doubt the Queen is going to deny them a public wedding. However, I don't know how well this will work out given that the York princesses aren't that popular (I'm not here to debate if they are fairly treated, I personally think they aren't, but that's not here nor there). There were already snide remarks about the fact that they did an interview on the day of the engagement announcement from royal corresponds before they realized this is nothing more than a 5 minute standing interview.

Last edited:

They didn't go down the LW... they took a loop around the castle. It seems this is basically the same route.

I like that Eugenie is inviting the public. It is a nice move. I do wonder if we getting a live steam. Glad we starting to keep updates. Countdown.

The schools have probably already been approached. They are all right in Windsor, except Marlborough College and it’s right next door to Windsor.

Receiving an invite to the royal wedding is probably the best excuse to get out of lessons for the day.

I like that Eugenie is inviting the public. It is a nice move. I do wonder if we getting a live steam. Glad we starting to keep updates. Countdown.

I like it too, but I am wondering if this will mean a huge increase in security costs.

If it does, many members of the public will not be pleased!

Looks exactly the same as Edward and Sophie. Carriage ride as well - down the high Street, past Guildhall through Cambridge gate and then Long Walk back to the Castle. Way shorter than H&M.

With the exception of Beatrice, last truly royal wedding for probably 20 years at least.

Oh, gosh, they're ambitious, that's for sure.

I believe the wedding should be of much lower profile than the Prince Charles' sons'. Simply a private, family affair. Who is paying for that? The Princess is not expected to play any official role in the future of the monarchy. Of course, her only "job" is to remain in the line to step up if something happens to the more senior royals. I don't think she will play a similar role as Princess Alexandra does now.

Unfortunately, I think it is some sort of contest.

The difference here that displaces the "hierarchy" of being Prince Charles' son should have a "bigger, badder and better" wedding than Princess Eugenie lies in your own statement that this is a family wedding. Eugenie is as much a granddaughter of the monarch as Harry is the grandson of the monarch. It has absolutely nothing to do with working for the "Firm" but everything to do with being a family. So.... no contest there.

I'm happy to see Eugenie and Jack being able to use the template from Harry and Meghan's and Edward and Sophie's weddings to enhance their own. I am really starting to prefer royal weddings at Windsor Castle over ones at Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral.

The difference here that displaces the "hierarchy" of being Prince Charles' son should have a "bigger, badder and better" wedding than Princess Eugenie lies in your own statement that this is a family wedding. Eugenie is as much a granddaughter of the monarch as Harry is the grandson of the monarch. It has absolutely nothing to do with working for the "Firm" but everything to do with being a family. So.... no contest there.

Where does that put Peter and Zara then? Or how about William if we are going down that road? The fact of matter is that while they are grandchildren of HM, there is a difference between what people will tolerate in terms of disruption to everyday life and cost to the public. Harry is a working royal, and hugely popular one at that, so there is still expectations on him and those that are conscious about public cost related to royal family will give more of a leeway. Even then, there were heavy criticism of cost. Eugenie doesn't have the benefit of goodwill as Harry does, and she also doesn't hold a public role with at least some expectations by the public on her wedding.

Where does that put Peter and Zara then? Or how about William if we are going down that road? The fact of matter is that while they are grandchildren of HM, there is a difference between what people will tolerate in terms of disruption to everyday life and cost to the public. Harry is a working royal, and hugely popular one at that, so there is still expectations on him and those that are conscious about public cost related to royal family will give more of a leeway. Even then, there were heavy criticism of cost. Eugenie doesn't have the benefit of goodwill as Harry does, and she also doesn't hold a public role with at least some expectations by the public on her wedding.

As with Harry's wedding at Windsor Castle, the disruption to the public for Eugenie and Jack's wedding will be very minimal and that would be the short carriage ride through Windsor High Street. Regardless of what the details of this upcoming wedding were to be, there would always have been that aspect of public interest and therefore a need for security. These "disruptions" of the public everyday life don't stem from the bridal couple solely but for the level of public interest itself. Peter, Zara and even the Princess Royal (for her second marriage) chose a more "closed to the public" type of wedding yet the public interest was still there but not on the grand scale perhaps like William's was.

This wedding won't be televised from everything I've seen so far but the couple realizes that they don't want to totally shut out the public either. Its balanced in the way they're going about it. The public isn't paying for any of this wedding and the question of security would have existed no matter how Eugenie and Jack decided to fashion their happy day.

I like how they're doing it myself. :D

I'm happy to see Eugenie and Jack being able to use the template from Harry and Meghan's and Edward and Sophie's weddings to enhance their own. I am really starting to prefer royal weddings at Windsor Castle over ones at Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral.

It is more picturesque imo

As with Harry's wedding at Windsor Castle, the disruption to the public for Eugenie and Jack's wedding will be very minimal and that would be the short carriage ride through Windsor High Street. Regardless of what the details of this upcoming wedding were to be, there would always have been that aspect of public interest and therefore a need for security. These "disruptions" of the public everyday life don't stem from the bridal couple solely but for the level of public interest itself. Peter, Zara and even the Princess Royal (for her second marriage) chose a more "closed to the public" type of wedding yet the public interest was still there but not on the grand scale perhaps like William's was.

That's not quite true. Harry's wedding involved closed down roads and had to put in airport security scanners among other security measures during the day which caused a lot of delays and such in getting around town. But it wasn't as disruptive because it's not a workday where most people have to be at places by a certain time. The Wessexes' wedding was also on a Saturday to minimize disruption as no holiday is expected. However, Eugenie's wedding is on a weekday. I'm at a loss as to why they didn't just pick the Saturday if they wanted a public wedding? The only wedding since the Yorks' wedding that was not intended to be on either a holiday or weekend was Prince Charles and Camilla's blessing. But I don't believe that was on the same scale in terms of road closures and such.

Last edited:
I've no clue why they picked a Friday instead of a Saturday. I also can't begin to know the whys and the wherefores of how this wedding planning is all going and how the decisions that were made so far have come to be. I guess I'll just have to accept that this is how its going to be and take it as it comes. They know what they're doing. We don't. :D

I am confused to all of this as well. Eugenie is nice and Jack seems sweet but most people have no idea who they are, they are not working royals and will not be afaik and they are not the child of a future monarch. So this seems rathe excessive for a non working member of the family. They should have followed the Peter set up. And taking kids out of school? IMO that is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

And are they televising? Why invite people to simply listen to a wedding? Why invite the public at all? It’s unnecessary expense for someone who isn’t a working member or central to the future of the working of the Firm.

This is IMO all abouI Andrew’s ego. And the Queen often kowtows to Andrew and his wishes.

Last edited:
I'm a bit surprised at the public carriage ride. I was expecting that they would let people into the Lower Ward to see them arrive and leave as that seems pretty standard and is within the castle precincts anyway. I thought they would leave in a carriage but not that they would go through so many public streets. Whilst the article I read mentioned they avoided using the Long Walk for the carriage ride to avoid comparisons to M&H they would perhaps have been better driving in one of the State limousines to the Long Walk then going in the carriage along the Long Walk which would not disrupt anyone really.
I'd be interested to know what Peter and Autumn did for there wedding. I wonder if it was felt as Eugenie is a HRH there needed to be a step up from Peter's wedding, as most details bar the public carriage ride seem the same IMO (happy to be corrected if Peter and Autumn did actually do a carriage ride).

I'm a bit surprised at the public carriage ride. I was expecting that they would let people into the Lower Ward to see them arrive and leave as that seems pretty standard and is within the castle precincts anyway. I thought they would leave in a carriage but not that they would go through so many public streets. Whilst the article I read mentioned they avoided using the Long Walk for the carriage ride to avoid comparisons to M&H they would perhaps have been better driving in one of the State limousines to the Long Walk then going in the carriage along the Long Walk which would not disrupt anyone really.
I'd be interested to know what Peter and Autumn did for there wedding. I wonder if it was felt as Eugenie is a HRH there needed to be a step up from Peter's wedding, as most details bar the public carriage ride seem the same IMO (happy to be corrected if Peter and Autumn did actually do a carriage ride).
If I remember correctly, I believe they took a carriage ride to Frogmore House, but that's not nearly as disruptive as this on a weekday as the roads are on private grounds (we didn't see much from Meghan and Harry's drive from Windsor Castle to Frogmore either).

As for the limousine idea, I think the whole point of a public carriage ride is that they expect people to line the streets to see it? Otherwise, why would it even be planned?

Honestly, thinking HRH requires an elevation is dated. Things have changed. How people see royalty today is different than when the girls were born. In this day an age, most people don't regard them any different than Peter or Zara. For example, when they were born, they were entitled to RPO, but since the late 2000s, they've lost that. And one of the arguments was that the Phillips children didn't seem to need it.

If they end up only allow others to listen in, and then sign a deal with Hello to sell the pictures after all this, I can see there being a big blow back. At this point, I think it's almost better for them to televise it if BBC is interested. There will still be some negative feedback, especially for the additional security to secure outside of the castle, but it's the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom