Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely, Osipi. Just praying that nothing blows up regarding Sarah's doings. I too love Royal weddings. Looking forward to lots of photos and descriptions in newspapers and magazines.

I hope nobody thought my mess was aggressive, it was not, just an honest question because in the British mags I buy they rarely talk about it....

I didn't, rominet, I'm sure others didn't either. Don't worry.

The wedding is still quite a few months away, (five months more or less,) and the media has been concentrating on the Sussex nuptials and the stories about the wedding. I think things will build up over the summer and we will be hearing more by August/September as news comes of the arrangements for everything, speculation on gown, bridesmaids, guests etc.

I am also looking forward to it, and I hope information is announced earlier than it was for the Sussex wedding.
It seemed everything was held over until the very last possible moment.

Andrew and his family's announcements and PR are handled by Buckingham Palace, which is much more efficient than KP, at least I hope is.

I´m sure the excitement will build once summer is done and everyone is used to Meghan and Harry as a married couple.

I hope nobody thought my mess was aggressive, it was not, just an honest question because in the British mags I buy they rarely talk about it....
No I didn't think it was aggressive at all. I agree with Curryong that the media build up will happen as the wedding date approaches. I believe that once the June activities are completed that we'll start receiving some more information, but I expect more details to come out in early autumn. ?

Andrew and his family's announcements and PR are handled by Buckingham Palace, which is much more efficient than KP, at least I hope is.
Well to be fair to the KP team, there was a big event (Louis' birth) and a serious situation (Thomas Markle's health issues) that were occurring right before the wedding that were out of their direct control. IMO that did contribute to the KP team choosing to release information at a later than expected date.

And does anyone have a list of announcements that we should expect? I didn't pay much attention to Zara or Peter's wedding. I'm assuming there won't be as many as Harry's as some things just wouldn't be applicable (don't know if we are expecting Jack to get a coat of arms?).

Last edited by a moderator:
The only other things I can think of that hasn't already been announced would be who is in the wedding party and the time of the main event with the time of arrival of the senior royals and the bride.

Maybe something about a pre-wedding function such as Zara and Peter had on the Britannia.

We know the venue already.

There really won't be the interest in this wedding. I am not expecting souvenirs for instance (not official ones anyway).

You never know. The media has an interest in hyping this wedding up.

Anyway, this wedding has every potential to be gorgeous. Fall is already the most lush looking season out there and October always has a chance of very good weather and I imagine the type of flower setting H&M had, but with a fall color scheme would look breathtaking. All the reds, oranges, browns, purples and yellows will be a visual feast.

You never know. The media has an interest in hyping this wedding up.

Uh, I don't know about that. :lol: There is plenty of things to keep the royal correspondents busy this year. And I did see some not so nice toned remarks from some of them when they initially heard about the engagement interview for Eugenie.

Why wouldn't they want to hype it up? All they're interested in is clicks and sales and if they can get it by reporting on their wedding, they will.

Why wouldn't they want to hype it up? All they're interested in is clicks and sales and if they can get it by reporting on their wedding, they will.

Because there isn't that much interest in it. I'm sure they'll cover it, but it would stay in the new cycle for long. And there wouldn't likely to be a lot of lead up speculations.

Happy, nice articles are not as interesting as scandal and drama....

With the various royal reporters and royal watchers over on twitter there is almost no discussion of Jack/Eugenie's wedding.

LaRae

It’s still months away. Prince Louis’s christening is coming up along with Trooping, Garter and Ascot. The closer we get the more people will be interested

There will be quite of few British royals in attendance and probably some foreign royals. That alone will have royal watchers interested.

Last edited:
Yeah ..big difference in the level of discussion for this wedding compared to the last one...there was no 'lull' for Harry's. We are only 4 months out from Eugenie's.

LaRae

^This can be of no surprise..

The Princess is fairly 'low-profile', and Mr Brooksbank is 'no-profile'. As an entirely private event, with no state or media participation what else would one expect ?

Beatrice may be low profile but many of the guests aren’t. If The Cambridges and Harry and Meghan attend, it creates a buzz.

Pippa’s wedding had a lot of buzz because there were royals and celebrities in attendance.

Eugenie’s wedding won’t be a big state event but that doesn’t mean people won’t be interested.

I suspect that there will be far more interest in Meghan's first overseas trip which has to be starting within the week as the Invictus Games start the following week. That will take up a lot of the speculations and media interest.

^This can be of no surprise..

The Princess is fairly 'low-profile', and Mr Brooksbank is 'no-profile'. As an entirely private event, with no state or media participation what else would one expect ?

Not to me....other folks seem to think it will ramp up...I just don't see it.

LaRae

This tabloid claims it has the location of Eugenie's bachelorette party

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...ty-ibiza-princess-beatrice-sarah-ferguson/amp

Nice to bring in Eugenie's party girl past to infer she's going to wild out at her do. Harry's Vegas shenanigans was reported but he allegedly told Meghan he will not repeat Vegas.

Of course. The newspapers only report on her or her sister if they can put a party or lazy swing on things. What better subject then her supposed hen party. Seems a bit early.

She got a taste for raves in University......... going to the clubbing island..... And of course comparing her to Meghan, Meghan choosing a quaint country spa for hers, while Eugenie chooses a wild party island :ermm::bang:

@Countessmeout - l hope Eugenie's party past is in the past because the tabloids are going to be on the hunt for a new royal scandal. If she wants to party she better have tight security, confiscated cell phones, and iron clad NDAs.

Non-disclosure agreement.

As if Eugenie would be planning to hold her bachelorette party five months ahead of her wedding! And anyway, she has masses of friends; if she wanted a party there are lots of private properties in Britain and overseas she could hold it at.

The wedding of Eugenie will be covered and watched my many. She is the Queen's granddaughter and will have royal attendants and many smart friends and family. Weddings are popular and very happy occasions. I hope she does share lots of photos and film.
I think it likely that Eugenie will enjoy a sunny Hen's Do at a beach resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom