The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Seeing the jaw dropping emeralds Catherine wore to the Baftas and reading the speculation that the parure was a gift of Middle Eastern Royalty, I wonder if any of those Royal houses will attend Eugenie’s wedding? Her father has visited the region enough that he may have formed personal relationships with some members of some of the Royal houses. Given her mother’s general acquaintance as well as her father’s - the guest list will be interesting. I assume the Beckhams will get an invite.
You know who will get an invite? Harry Hadden-Paton. He is the godson of Sarah and a fine actor. She regretted, in her autobiography, "My Story", written in 1996, not having him as a young page in her wedding party, when he was a pre-schooler..

Nowadays, you might know him as Edith's true love Bertie Pelham in "Downton Abbey", or, better, as Martin Charteris in "The Crown."

Now, if Emma Thompson brings Greg Wise to Harry's wedding, Greg who played Mountbatten in "The Crown", this starts a somewhat eerie pattern! So many of the BRF's show business stalwart pals have played .... them.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think Jack will wear a frock coat at his wedding?
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/800102774
EEEk.

No one should attempt an edged morning suit without the help of an experienced valet.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:38 PM
Majesty

Morning dress is pretty standard in the set in which both Jack and Eugenie move. Formal attire for weddings is standard and then, of course, there is Royal Ascot.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...p&resize=768:*
Old 02-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would expect to see Jack more along the lines of what Edward wore for his wedding, then the 'Ascot' look.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:55 PM
Courtier

What is notable is no tabloid nonsense about Jack's parents. When you see the press attention on Meghan's mother and father, the coverage of Beatrice in Los Angeles, the coverage of Eugenie in LA, it is a miracle they have managed to be so private.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
What is notable is no tabloid nonsense about Jack's parents. When you see the press attention on Meghan's mother and father, the coverage of Beatrice in Los Angeles, the coverage of Eugenie in LA, it is a miracle they have managed to be so private.
Meghan is a bigger seller, enough to try and stalk her parents. The only ones on her side who talk, are the ones who have no relationship with her and wont. Jack seems close to his parents and brother, and like Meghan's parents, they aren't likely to open up to the press. Grandma did share some lovely thoughts but she is also a 91 year old woman and proud granny

Bea and Eugenie only get press when you can spin it for some late night party or vacation.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Morning dress is pretty standard in the set in which both Jack and Eugenie move. Formal attire for weddings is standard and then, of course, there is Royal Ascot.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...p&resize=768:*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I would expect to see Jack more along the lines of what Edward wore for his wedding, then the 'Ascot' look.
Sorry, my link from Pippa's wedding got dropped.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomin...s-Matthews.jpg
Old 03-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think Jack and his best man will wear boutonnieres?
Old 03-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

They could...I would imagine they will be in suits or tuxes depending on the style of wedding they have

LaRae
Old 03-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Majesty

I think they will wear boutonnieres. I think there are flowers for the church, reception, Bride, attendants/bridesmaids, Groom, Best man and sidesmen, Mother of the bride and Mother of the groom.
Old 03-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I do too. Being a future in-law Jack won't have a military uniform so it's likely he could wear them.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-07-2018, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a snapdragon fit for a bride. Snapdragon Royal Bride is cream centered white. It would be an appropriate flower in the the royal bridal bouquet of Princess Eugenie.
http://www.theguardian.com/global/20...on-royal-bride
Old 03-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

In her bouquet do you think Princess Eugenie might include White Roses of York?
http://www.davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/936
Old 03-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I do too. Being a future in-law Jack won't have a military uniform so it's likely he could wear them.
Being a future in-law is not why Jack won't be wearing a uniform for his wedding. If he were a military man like Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence, he would most likely be wearing a uniform. Tim did.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Royal Highness

Interesting background on Jack Brooksbank's genealogy:

The Esoteric Curiosa
Old 03-14-2018, 06:26 AM
Courtier

That is interesting but something else I read stated that Stamp was used as a Christian name after it was first a surname in the family. The family tree that you post doen't seem to indicate when Stamp was used as the surname of one of Jack's ancestors. (I find the name Stamp intriguing and rare as a first name!)
Old 03-14-2018, 07:36 AM
Majesty

Some info on the Stamp family is on the thread Jack Brooksbank Family and Background. There is a US connection.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:37 AM
Majesty

Just exactly half a year to go!
Old 05-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Will Andrew push to have Eugenie and Jack's wedding televised? What about a title for Jack and a country estate? A minted coin? I found that Edward and Sophie and Charles and Camilla did get wedding coins, but the common thread is those royals are working royals. How will that go over with E and J getting the same treatment when both are not working for the Firm full time.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I really don't see the public interest in Eugenie and Jack's wedding being anywhere near the interest in Harry and Meghan's at all. There's been discussions in a thread here on a title for Jack Brooksbank and the general opinion is that no, he will not receive or be offered a title upon marriage.

I personally think that Eugenie and Jack's wedding will be handled with perhaps some press interest similar to Pippa and James' wedding and we'll see arrivals and departures and perhaps a carriage ride but for the most part, the wedding ceremony is going to be a private wedding of two private citizens getting married in St. George's Chapel at Windsor. It just so happens though that the bride's grandmother is the Queen.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Closed Thread