Eugenie and Jack: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Most Brits are probably going around enjoying their Sunday and are more concerned about the weather than Eugenie's wedding. :lol:

Does anyone think the average, regular person is sitting around worrying over Eugenie’s carriage ride?

My god, Britain has a lot of issues at the moment, but Eugenie’s wedding isn’t one of them.

I so agree. It is just once again the media that is stirring the pot. They love scandals and if there isn't a great one at that time, they will invent nasty articles. My many friends in England are wishing this couple a lovely day and will enjoy watching. To even complain about a common royal carriage ride is really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for the crap media. I am sure that this wedding has been OK by queen. All that matters.

NOBODY I know has mentioned this Wedding, not even 'en passant'.. to imagine anything about it bothers more than an infinitesimal percentage [of a percentage] of British people is a fantasy...

Last edited:
I never thought when Eugenie and Jack announced their engagement in January, there would be all this horrible stuff in the press about her wedding plans. I wouldn't blame her if she cancelled the whole Windsor Castle event and got married in the Royal Chapel at St James. I'm sure the press would find horrible things to say about that too.

I hope once they are married they stay out of the public eye and go quietly about their business. Sarah never really had anyone to guide her in the early days of her marriage, which is why she made so many mistakes, and the YORKS are disliked by most of the media. How different from the Duke and Duchess of York, in 1923, when they were loved by everyone!

I don't see why her or his life would or should change any. Eugenie us a princess of the blood and that doesn't change in marriage. Like Alexandra, Anne and others before her.

Jack is a private citizen. Even if given a title he would be. Many nobles out there with a normal life. Eugenie balances a full time job with royal life. She attends a few royal events and she has ten patronages she actively supports. No reason for her to give them up. Why? It would benefit no one, especially not the charities who get added coverage from her.

For all the hatred of her and Bea, they have found ways to continue their charity and involvement without getting either the recognition or financial support of being a working royal. Unless they suddenly demand public funds to support their work, I see no reason for any to complain

Last edited:
Sarah made mistakes because she was silly.. and as a result she is unpopular, her ex is unpopular.. he made a lot of stupid mistakes too.. and the girls are suffering from that fall out. If Eugenie just quietely wanted to get married somewhere private, Im sure that she would not get any particular flak...
And Sarah and Andrew seem to continue to provide fodder to the anti York brigade.
Personally I think the carriage procession is a lovely tradition and hope the weather is fair on the day of the wedding.
I would like to see the ceremony broadcast in some form because I think Eugenie will make a stunning bride and because Royal wedding services w/ their beautifully decorated interiors and music are awesome.
I have questioned the day after carnivale/party because it is more than most British weddings seem to have and as such IMO contributes to more bad optics for the Yorks and by association the RF in general.
The thing I like about both Harry and Eugenie’s wedding is that all guests at the service are invited to the lunch hosted by the Queen afterwards.
It always struck me as odd that some people who attended the Cambridge wedding were not invited to the luncheon afterwards.

I'm not sure why this extra loop in the carriage ride seems to be so unpopular with a certain segment of the British public, but I can only think that it reflects the general unpopularity of Eugenie's parents.

What I have observed on social media in general, there seem to be two groups

1. People who hate the Yorks and will always say nasty things about them.
2. People who hate all royals and always say nasty things about all royals and how expensive they are.

And then you have general trolls who are just being nasty to stir things up.

Last edited:
Just saw a very interesting debate in Good morning Britain. They made a valid point that why is everyone antagonizing Eugenie's wedding when the same people glorified Harry's. Sure, Harry is the son and brother of future kings but he isn't the future king himself. Seeing how this world works, after Willam's Ascension to the throne, Harry's family will be constantly compared to he older brother's at every moment of life. Coming back to Eugenie, I don't understand why people mock her and her sister. They're Windsors by birth, they're also Queen's grandchildren. It is because they're girls? monarchy tends to prefer it's male children over female. Apart from everything, Eugenie is still a girl who like everyone wants her wedding to be special.

:previous:
I don't think it has anything to do with position. It's probably just a carry-over from the dislike felt for Eugenie's parents.

(I came across one article about the wedding that said it was typical Fergie excess.)
Some people seem to find it impossible to separate the York girls from their parents.

Just saw a very interesting debate in Good morning Britain. They made a valid point that why is everyone antagonizing Eugenie's wedding when the same people glorified Harry's. Sure, Harry is the son and brother of future kings but he isn't the future king himself. Seeing how this world works, after Willam's Ascension to the throne, Harry's family will be constantly compared to he older brother's at every moment of life. Coming back to Eugenie, I don't understand why people mock her and her sister. They're Windsors by birth, they're also Queen's grandchildren. It is because they're girls? monarchy tends to prefer it's male children over female. Apart from everything, Eugenie is still a girl who like everyone wants her wedding to be special.

Thank you!!! Is the hate directed toward Beatrice and Eugenie really about their parents? Maybe. Is the hate directed toward Beatrice and Eugenie really about the British people not wanting to financially support more people than the Monarch and #1 and #2 heirs? Probably. If the latter part is true, and, if I were Charlotte, little Louis, and Harry --- I would pack up and leave now. It's only going to get worse for them as the years go on. JMHO.

Thank you!!! Is the hate directed toward Beatrice and Eugenie really about their parents? Maybe. Is the hate directed toward Beatrice and Eugenie really about the British people not wanting to financially support more people than the Monarch and #1 and #2 heirs? Probably. If the latter part is true, and, if I were Charlotte, little Louis, and Harry --- I would pack up and leave now. It's only going to get worse for them as the years go on. JMHO.

They say history repeats itself. By the time George, Charlotte and Louis will be teenagers, The Sussex family would be cast aside and will be treated like how people are treating Yorks these days. I'm not trying to antagonize anyone. I'm stating the fact

It makes me wonder if the attitude that is being exhibited towards the York princesses will influence how much access the Sussexes will allow to their kids. They may conclude that they may be setting up their children for negativity if they share their kids with the public via things like picture releases and balcony appearances.

The amount of false equivalency going on in this thread is kinda ridiculous.

We all knew how the York weddings were gonna go down 10 or 15 years ago - there was never any doubt. There is no denying Andrew's and Fergie's...ummm...propensity. It's a shame that the girls have to pay for their parents buffoonery, but the truth is that even independently they have very little built in goodwill with the public. The case of Bea and Eug is not only wanting, but also outright expecting to have the best of both worlds. Forever living in a limbo of their parents ridiculousness. The obvious discrepancy highlighted by their cousins.

This two shall pass and I am sure Jack and Eug will have a very nice wedding, but there is plenty of just criticism when it comes to the Yorks. There is no reason for a cop out - they are grown women, with a voice, agency and a very nicely clad foot that they could put down anytime they'd want to. Alas, it's easier not to and ride out the narrative set out by their parents.

Last edited:
From the Royal Collection Trust

This official commemorative china celebrates the marriage of HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr. Jack Brooksbank on 12th October 2018 at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle.

The exclusive design shows a monogram surmounted by the coronet of Princess Eugenie, alongside their conjoined monogram. The garlands of ivy are woven with traditional English wild bluebells, forget-me-nots and the white rose of York

Read more: The Royal Wedding Collection

I don't get the separated ones. I can't imagine people will be lining up to buy a solo monogrammed Jack coffee mug.

People who collect royal memorabilia will be buying it.

In other news, Republic Staff, The ‘voice’ of republicanism in the U.K. was only able to get 6000 signatures out of an adult population of 50 million people, on its petition to have the royal family pay the security costs for Eugenie’s wedding.

So much for the ‘outrage’ :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think there is much outrage. Just not very much interest in this wedding.

My sense is the faux-outrage in relation to the carriage ride comes from two principal categories of people:

Firstly, there are the general "moaners", who will complain about pretty much anything. It could be a royal jubilee, the Trooping or a wedding, it does not matter. The arguments for and against the event in question do not matter, they will be complaining.

The second is a new category of small, but very rabid Meghan supporters, who will talk this wedding down, come what may. Not sure how the logic works as they are not, IMO, in any way "competing" royals, but I see a lot of pro-Meghan posters being very negative on this wedding and the carriage ride. Perhaps it is just an unhappy coincidence.
Right you are !:flowers:

Anyways 2 weeks to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should do a joint monogram like that of Princess Madeleine and Chris that the Crown only covers the M.

They should do a joint monogram like that of Princess Madeleine and Chris that the Crown only covers the M.

they have joint monogram

Attachments

• dfsd.png
    dfsd.png
    15 KB · Views: 527
Per On Heir, ITV has the exclusive rights to the wedding. So hopefully that means they will be inside the church as well. I know there was talk of it happening.

Per On Heir, ITV has the exclusive rights to the wedding. So hopefully that means they will be inside the church as well. I know there was talk of it happening.

I just heard that...fingers crossed.

LaRae

I've read a number of articles that suggest George and Charlotte Cambridge will be page boy/flower girl again and one that says Maud Windsor will be as well, but I'm hoping we'll see Mia Tinsdale and maybe even Savanna and Isla Phillips as Jr. bridesmaids.

The memorabilia for the wedding is very pretty! I'm considering in getting myself the tin of shortbreads as I have been a bit of a memorabilia collector since Prince George's birth (it runs in my family it seems since I have a 1936 coronation plate that my grandmother owned, and a Prince Charles and Princess Diana wedding tin that my mother owns). I'm surprised there's not a wedding mug in the collection - a tankard seems a little odd.

You can't chicken out now Jack, your name is on the tea towels. :D

:lol:

So with all these details announced and more to presumably come, is this a Royal wedding with all the trappings or a wedding of a member of the Royal Family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom