Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When was the last time there was two royal weddings in the one year, does anyone know?

William & Kate and Zara & Mike in 2011 if talking about in same house.

When was the last time there was two royal weddings in the one year, does anyone know?

William and Zara were both married in 2011. (She’s not technically royal, I know, but close enough imo.) 2 of their kids are/will be very close in age too.

Actually I think Albert and Charlene were married in 2011 too.

Last edited:
I totally forgot that Zara & Mike was 2011. For some reason I had in my mind 2010 for them!

Daft question asked and answered lol!

Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack! What wonderful news to wake up to :)

St. George's Chapel is a lovely venue. I was there a couple of years ago and the grounds of Windsor Castle are beautiful.

Did a quick search on google about Princess Eugenie's ring and this is what I found>
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...buying-guide&usg=AOvVaw3PuaoTAovmT-rj0XlIUOGv

Padparadschas are among the rarest gems on the planet. They are strikingly beautiful and almost no other colored gemstone compares to their unique mix of pink and orange. To be named a Padparadscha, the gem should exhibit both colors.

Now that is what I call an outstanding engagement ring even more beautiful then Queen Max's orange diamond or Sarah's ruby....
I've never even heard of the stone. Must be worth a small fortune

I don't think there is any chance of Jack Brooksbank being given a title. Even if the Queen personally thought it would be nice, or should happen, she is usually very good at judging public opinion and she would know that it wouldn't go down well at all. She'll be titled the same as HRH Princess Alexandra with the Mrs Brooksbank tagged onto the end (I know Angus Ogilvy was offered an Earldom, but Princess Alexandra was much more of a working royal than Princess Eugenie is and public opinon was better of her).

Beautiful engagement ring though.

I don't see them being allowed OK or Hello. There seems to be alot of bad feeling surrounding Peter Phillips' selling of his wedding photos and we haven't seen it since with any of them.

Agreed. Thrilled though. The timing will definitely be tricky. I initially thought October but I also wonder if they will push it to November. I guess it will depend on how busy everyone is in October. I would imagine quite.

Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack! What wonderful news to wake up to :)

St. George's Chapel is a lovely venue. I was there a couple of years ago and the grounds of Windsor Castle are beautiful.

It really is. I was there a couple of years ago too and had to drag myself out of the chapel. The grounds are lovely too.

I've never even heard of the stone. Must be worth a small fortune

According to the DM, a jeweler estimates that it's worth "a modest 7,000 pounds."
The value depends on whether the stone is natural or color treated, and the jeweler thinks it is treated.

Still, it is pretty, and something different.

Lovely news..and I really do like her dress and ring!

Another wedding at St George's!

LaRae

I hope they don't do the tacky thing and sell photos to Hello! or People.

I doubt they will. I understand the Royal Family was not pleased when Peter and Autumn Phillips sold theirs to Hello.

According to the DM, a jeweler estimates that it's worth "a modest 7,000 pounds."
The value depends on whether the stone is natural or color treated, and the jeweler thinks it is treated.

Still, it is pretty, and something different.
That's not too bad, considering the stone is said to be very rare.

That was unexpected, even though they have been together for a while. Interesting that the Palace's announcement used the words "The Duke and Duchess of York". Is Sarah considered "The Duchess of York" again as if she were still married to Andrew , or is it just a matter of bad wording by the Palace ?

Congratulations to the engaged couple !
I would characterize it as ambiguous, perhaps on purpose, since "The" is not directly in front of Duchess. I noticed that HRH did not precede The Duke of York so it looks like Andrew "sacrificed" his HRH styling in order for the announcement to be made in both his and Sarah's names.

Last edited:
I would characterize it as ambiguous, perhaps on purpose, since "The" is not directly in front of Duchess. I noticed that HRH did not precede The Duke of York so it looks like Andrew "sacrificed" his HRH styling in order for the announcement to be made in both his and Sarah's names.

I suppose it would have been odd to word it like "HRH The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York are pleased to announce [...]", so they went with the more neutral and ambiguous format "The Duke and Duchess of York are [...]". Still, it is a mild upgrade for Sarah considering her current rank.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
(Granny is very happy the Princess says)
Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack!
1. Wedding in September, maybe.
2. Wonder what Tiara she’ll choose.
3. Sadly, it won’t be Televised.
4. Drive around Windsor, horse drawn carriage I’m sure.
5. Princess Beatrice who celebrates her 30th birthday in August, may be a Bridesmaid.
Home
Ivy Cottage, Kensington Palace
Engagement Ring??
Said it’s a Sapphire which as far as I know is BLUE;
Why am I seeing a Red Ruby Ring in the Official Engagement Photos??

how very exciting! i always liked this couple and i am excited they are formalising their relationship, which seems really strong.

Congratulations to HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank on the engagement!

I knew Eugenie would get married at St. George's, for me the bigger question was always what venue Beatrice would choose. Anyway, it will be interesting to see where Eugenie holds her reception - Windsor Castle, Frogmore or Royal Lodge. Maybe she'll pick 2 of the 3, one for the afternoon reception and one for the night party.

I do really like her ring. I'm not a fan of generic looking engagement rings so I'm pleased Jack and Eugenie chose something unique looking. I'm also happy with their engagement pictures, I like the more traditional backdrop. I can't say I cared much for engagement photos of Peter, Zara, or Harry so this was a nice change.

As Iluvbertie mentioned, I do feel for Beatrice. At the end of the year she'll be the only unmarried adult grandchild of The Queen, especially with Dave Clark marrying Lynn. Even if she's happy to be single, her outlier status will cause the media to put more focus on her love life. And the tabloids will probably give her the Bridget Jones treatment. Hopefully she'll take all that media malarky in stride.

I hope Beatrice just keeps on doing her thing. She shouldn't feel pressured to marry just because she is the only one not. But I can see how that itch can come especially once Harry and Eugenie start their own families. She will be the odd one out.

As usual, when breaking news hits in the royal world, I'm sleeping. This is wonderful news to sit down with my first cup of coffee to. I'm going to express my congratulations by the first thing that popped into my head. To borrow from The Prince of Wales, "They've been practicing long enough". :D

Seriously though, I couldn't be happier for Eugenie and Jack. They make a wonderful couple together and I wish them happiness and joy through the years. Andrew and Sarah will do very well together for everything related to the wedding and as close of a family they are, most likely have already embraced Jack as part of the family.

This must be a extraordinary time for HM and the DoE as they sit back and watch their family grow, and grow, and grow. Its almost as if the statement, now so very familiar to all of us, was written solely for them. "Live long and prosper".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
(Granny is very happy the Princess says)
Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack!
1. Wedding in September, maybe.
2. Wonder what Tiara she’ll choose.
3. Sadly, it won’t be Televised.
4. Drive around Windsor, horse drawn carriage I’m sure.
5. Princess Beatrice who celebrates her 30th birthday in August, may be a Bridesmaid.
Home
Ivy Cottage, Kensington Palace
Engagement Ring??
Said it’s a Sapphire which as far as I know is BLUE;
Why am I seeing a Red Ruby Ring in the Official Engagement Photos??

I think perhaps October for a wedding.

She'll wear her mother's tiara ..I'd be surprised if she didn't.

Her ring is not a blue sapphire. It's a padparadscha sapphire

Look forward to all the Hello Magazine photos.

Ring?
Sapphire's are also Ruby Red? I'm lost??

My favourite is EMERALD; but that stone seems to have gone out of fashion. The Duchess of Windsor owned a lovely Emerald ring.

I thought when I saw the couple at Pippa's Wedding last May, their Engagement was only a matter of time.
Eugenie looked stunning in her Engagement Photos, and l loved her shoes!

Last edited:
I think perhaps October for a wedding.

She'll wear her mother's tiara ..I'd be surprised if she didn't.

Her ring is not a blue sapphire. It's a padparadscha sapphire

I don't know. I guess it depends on which daughter will inherit their mother's tiara. I don’t think the sisters will wear the same wedding tiara. Even non-HRHs ,Autumn and Zara, Serena Linley and Sarah Chatto, used different wedding tiaras. I think Beatrice will someday wear her mother’s tiara, as she will probably inherit it as she's the eldest. Eugenie could probably get a one-day loan tiara from The Queen. Eugenie seems a little edgy so I could see her going for a bandeau. If the Strathmore Rose Tiara isn’t in too fragile condition, she could wear it in a bandeau style like the QEQM did. She looks a lot like a young QEQM, too.

This is so lovely :flowers:

Eugenie seems to be such a nice young woman. Pretty pictures, nice couple, and that ring ❤️

I knew it! I was convinced Harry and Eugenie would pull a William and Zara with their weddings.
Congratulations to the happy couple:clap:. The Windsors are sure treating us to a fabulous year, 2 weddings and 2 babies.

I love the engagement pictures, very nice dress and her ring is interesting. I’m sure Jack knew what Eugenie’s choice for a stone was.
I expect she’ll wear Sarah’s tiara, but I’m hoping for the Strathmore rose or the Queen Mary’s fringe.

As close as both girls are with their mother, I wouldn't be surprised if both of the girls wear Sarah's wedding tiara. Its a family thing and if anything, even with a divorce, they've remained a very strong family unit.

One thing I don't think we'll have to muse over a lot is just who will be Eugenie's maid of honor.

One thing I'm wondering though is will Sarah insist on bringing butterflies into the scheme of the wedding.

I hope Beatrice just keeps on doing her thing. She shouldn't feel pressured to marry just because she is the only one not. But I can see how that itch can come especially once Harry and Eugenie start their own families. She will be the odd one out.

Feeling pressured to marry because you are "the last one left" sounds very old century to me and, when the subject in question is a female, even sexist TBH.

Absolutely thrilled for this young couple, in fact delighted! She is such a beautiful young lady and so dignified all the time when out. She works hard and he is so devoted to her, wishing them a lifetime of joy, love and happiness.

I agree, and she will make a lovely bride. I think it's great that her wedding is in the same year as Harry's since they are so close.

Three cheers for "EUG!!"?

I hope her sister finds another great love soon, someone who is worthy of her this time.

Some of the UK press are having a go about the interview. I don't see the issue overall but I was a bit surprised it happened today. I expected more down the line closer to the wedding. It is clear Andrew and Sarah made some phone calls. I wonder how the rest of the family feels about this little PR stunt the Yorks are doing today.

She beaming in the interview though. Very happy for her. Jack looks so nervous.

Back
Top Bottom