Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So now we need a thread about the dress....I must admit I'm a bit nervous about what she will pick ...when she gets it right it's terrific but there are times it's not so terrific.

LaRae

Vivienne Westwood all the way for Eugenie[FONT=&quot]:flowers:. [/FONT]

What wonderful news! I've always liked Eugenie and wish her the best. I had never heard of padparadscha sapphire before. Another idea for a Valentine's Day gift from my husband. I may have to settle for a manufactured stone though.

another engagement another weeding to look for,great news
congratulation to the lovely couple.

Totally agree with you. Eugenie is a lovely young woman who has demonstrated nothing but loyalty and respect for the family into which she was born. BTW, her parents have every reason to be happy for her. Also —- she has every right to marry to Windsor. There is absolutely no proof that Andrew demanded Westminster Abbey. I think all the royals are on the same page more than people give them credit for. Lastly, let’s all remember that Andre is still the child of a reigning monarch!

Some people just disgust me!

Totally agree.

The press like to paint the BRF as a family at odds with each other - especially Charles against Andrew and thus their children at odds with each other.

Remember a year or so back when Andrew issued the statement that made it clear he wasn't at odds with his older brother over issues, including the status of his daughters.

Last edited:
Butterflies?

Sarah wears her butterfly shoes and clutch bag to many of her black tie events.

I was so happy to wake up to this news. I like this couple very much.

I also like that she wore a dress that had already gone through the public approval mill so that the main commentary would not be about the dress, with links to vendors and so forth.

I love the idea of the fall wedding. That's what HM did. I can just see The Duke of York walking her up the aisle.

I just hope Fergie doesn't lay a big egg in the middle of these hopeful times what with her lawsuit and attention-getting Twitter bromides.

I would ad that Eugenie being an Art buff (she worked for the Royal collections), the Picture Gallery at Buck house (and a well known Vermeer) as the backround of the photo is a very nice touch.

Yes! Well spotted, Nico. That's her profession as well.

And if I may say, reddish - coral wallcovering is always flattering to a pale complexion. ?

:previous:
And notice that Jack's tie was a bit coral/pinkish tones to it as the ring and then some of the floral in Eugenie's dress so it all came together in that beautiful room with that gorgeous wall paper and paintings. Just a really beautiful place to have this engagement!?

Sarah wears her butterfly shoes and clutch bag to many of her black tie events.

I was so happy to wake up to this news. I like this couple very much.

I also like that she wore a dress that had already gone through the public approval mill so that the main commentary would not be about the dress, with links to vendors and so forth.

I love the idea of the fall wedding. That's what HM did. I can just see The Duke of York walking her up the aisle.

I just hope Fergie doesn't lay a big egg in the middle of these hopeful times what with her lawsuit and attention-getting Twitter bromides.

Totally agree with all you have posted. I was thinking how do I post what I feel. Then you just did exactly that but much better
[emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

Totally agree with you. Eugenie is a lovely young woman who has demonstrated nothing but loyalty and respect for the family into which she was born. BTW, her parents have every reason to be happy for her. Also —- she has every right to marry to Windsor. There is absolutely no proof that Andrew demanded Westminster Abbey. I think all the royals are on the same page more than people give them credit for. Lastly, let’s all remember that Andre is still the child of a reigning monarch!

Some people just disgust me!

Absolutely. Andrew and Sarah have had their issues but both Beatrice and Eugenie have grown up to be credits to their parents. They seem like well mannered, happy, centred young women.

I’m sure both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are thrilled for Eugenie. Both Beatrice and Eugenie have spoken with genuine love and affection about their grandparents in the past. I can imagine the royal couple enjoying the dynamic of being “just” grandparents with the York girls and Anne’s children, (and maybe even more so now with Louise and James), as opposed to the possibly more complicated dual roles they play with Harry and especially William.

And as beautiful as William and Kate’s wedding was I doubt anyone would ever push for that scenario when they have the option of a more private, personal occasion. Having your wedding be a State occasion or close to it is the sort of thing that probably sounds more like a privilege to outsiders than to the couple that has to go through it.

Wow what great news to come home from work to. Congraultions to the couple :flowers:

Have to smile, so many posters were imagining a romantic destination proposal and a royal wedding. Seems they were right, just wrong royal. No African proposal for Meghan, but a Nicaraguan volcano proposal for Eugenie. Sounded so romantic and special. I wonder if it was a New Years proposal, as it said 'earlier this year' and its only January.

Love the ring. I love sapphires, usually the blue (though not liking Kate's color). The ring is beautiful. I love that it isn't simply diamonds surrounding a colored stone like Di/Kate ring or her mother's. But the diamonds almost form a flower, like the sapphire is the center of the flower. I love that Jack also had her help design it.

The couple were simply oozing happiness. Jack was so nervous but he did well considering his first interview. Cant help but be happy for them.

Love that it will be fall. No surprise at St George's. I see someone mentioned All Saints. That wasn't really possible, only seats about 180 adults (225 with kids). Even for a private royal wedding that would be tiny.

Eugenie and Beatrice sadly fall victim to the bad press of their parents. Eugenie being painted like her sister for being a vacationer. It is often ignored that many of the 'vacations' are actually work trips. Like her recent visit to Florida, her art gallery she works for, was doing an art show.

I only hope that the press, and public, and some posters, can allow the criticism of the parents to die, or at least not over shadow the day. Eugenie has made a good life for herself, and despite her choice of fashion at times, has done nothing to embarrass or shame the family.

Love that she chose that dress. And I think that the choice of the gallery was not simply to be 'formal' like William and Kate. I see it as more of a nod to Eugenie's passion for art.

well said. I am also appalled by the bile some posters have spewed out in this thread. No sources quoted just nasty gossip. Sadly says more about them as the source is there for us all to see.

I am very pleased for the couple and their parents are obviously very happy.
They are clearly so happy and excited. Great news!

Absolutely agree with you.

I find it so sad that some members find enjoyment in spewing horrible statements about one royal while praising another to high heaven then become quite irritated if you don't agree with their opinion.

I, for one, am so pleased for the couple. After many years together the couple are clearly in love and ready to take the next step. I wish them all the happiness in the world.

:previous:
French Toast:

I absolutely agree with you 100%on your comment in all aspects of it.

This is a granddaughter of HM and PP and as such should be treated with respect and dignity, not bashing because we all do not agree with each other.

I just love this couple, very dignified and full of love in their engagement photos and they are so happy, it is like falling in love all over again for them. Yet now a wedding and future to look forward to. And that ring.........took my breath away, I so love pink sapphires, pink diamonds and pink topaz or any stone pink. This is going to be a very glorious wedding for all to see and in autumn with the colors coming forth will make it more spectacular then ever. :flowers:

A reminder....this is a thread to celebrate and discuss the engagement of Eugenie and Jack.

It is NOT an opportunity to bash her parents.

You want to do that....do it some place else.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted as off topic.

A really adorable interview. They look so well together, looks just perfect for each other. They are both really in love, imo

I'm so happy for Eugenie and Jack! Frankly, I had thought they would beat Harry and Meghan to the altar, but life happens at its own pace.

I am officially in love with Eugenie's engagement ring! :flowers: The nicest I have seen. I'm surprised with myself because it is somewhat large, yet the quality of those gems just pop! Adore the color.

The entire engagement picture, it's color scheme (her dress, his tie, her ring) is very well done. Simple but elegantly so.

Fun fact: sapphires and rubies are in fact the same gemstone. Rubies are more rare and expensive because the color itself is rare.

Now I have learned something new today! :flowers: Thank you, Curbside.

Did a quick search on google about Princess Eugenie's ring and this is what I found>
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...buying-guide&usg=AOvVaw3PuaoTAovmT-rj0XlIUOGv

Padparadschas are among the rarest gems on the planet. They are strikingly beautiful and almost no other colored gemstone compares to their unique mix of pink and orange. To be named a Padparadscha, the gem should exhibit both colors.

Now that is what I call an outstanding engagement ring even more beautiful then Queen Max's orange diamond or Sarah's ruby....

Thank you for the information, M.Payton. :flowers: Beautiful ring, exquisite gem.

P.S. With Eugenie and Jack at Ivy Cottage and Harry and Meghan at Nottingham Cottage, potentially having babies on the same timeline, the families will likely be close, as they seem to be already as couples. Nice.

Neither cottage is that large so I suspect they will barely see each other there but rather raise the kids in the country.

If, as I suspect, Eugenie lives largely at Royal Lodge and uses Ivy Cottage as a London base during the week and Harry has an out of London home with Nott Cottage (which is only a two bedroom cottage) doing the same thing it will depend on how close to each other the families actually live.

The rumours about Eugenie having Ivy Cottage have never been confirmed either - and she or Andrew or someone will have to pay the full rental price for it (Harry will get his home rent free).

For anyone that doesn't know sapphires come in all shades from pale yellow to dark blue (like Catherine'a). Just google it.

I am sure the Eugenie will relish being a private citizen. Way back when she took her gap year she tried to ditch her protection officers, but it wasn't allowed.

Congratulations to Eugenie and Jack! Eugenie is going to be an absolutely stunning bride and the ring is beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that doesn't know sapphires come in all shades from pale yellow to dark blue (like Catherine'a). Just google it.

I am sure the Eugenie will relish being a private citizen. Way back when she took her gap year she tried to ditch her protection officers, but it wasn't allowed.

I have what is called a golden sapphire not yellow deeper than that so golden

Wow, what horrible comments on here about Andrew and Sarah. Has Andrew ever given an interview where anyone on here has heard him "demand" his daughters' husbands be made peers or that they marry in Westminster Abbey or say that a mere bartender would not be good enough for his daughter. All of this bile seems to be coming from second hand reports quoting dubious un-named sources.

For all their perceived faults, Andrew and Sarah seem to have raised two well adjusted daughters who love them both very much, who seem to love and respect their family and who, as far as I am aware, have never said anything to embarrass their family but have put up with being bullied and ridiculed by the media with grace and good nature.
Eugenie and Beatrice sadly fall victim to the bad press of their parents. Eugenie being painted like her sister for being a vacationer. It is often ignored that many of the 'vacations' are actually work trips. Like her recent visit to Florida, her art gallery she works for, was doing an art show.

I only hope that the press, and public, and some posters, can allow the criticism of the parents to die, or at least not over shadow the day. Eugenie has made a good life for herself, and despite her choice of fashion at times, has done nothing to embarrass or shame the family.
Well said. It seems that it's difficult for some posters to just congratulate the couple rather give some nasty comments......:ninja:

...But the diamonds almost form a flower, like the sapphire is the center of the flower.

YES, I finally find a right description :lol:. I'm never a fans of her mother and Diana/Kate's ring (even though I think they're beautiful) because I find the surrounding diamonds look very "harsh" to me (I fail to find the right description again), just don't seem right to me. Eugenie's has a more organic (?) and flowing (?) shape, very natural. Never heard of padparadscha sapphire (I can't even spell it, just copy and paste), but I love that gentle pink. I don't think it would be that lovely if it is in sharp pink.

Maybe we can hope for a black-tied event, evening gown without tiara like the Wessexs. (OT, why did the Wessexs' wedding request evening gown but not morning dress?)

I needed happy news like this right now. Delighted & so happy for them. Love the ring. It's gorgeous!! Ella Kay over at The Court Jeweller blog has a blown up up close picture of it & it truly is a stunner.

Really lovely news & what a happy year 2018 is shaping up to be for HM & the DoE too!! [emoji4][emoji4]

I have what is called a golden sapphire not yellow deeper than that so golden
My sister's engagement ring is a gorgeous green sapphire. They celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary so coloured sapphires are nothing new.

Did a quick search on google about Princess Eugenie's ring and this is what I found>
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...buying-guide&usg=AOvVaw3PuaoTAovmT-rj0XlIUOGv

Padparadschas are among the rarest gems on the planet. They are strikingly beautiful and almost no other colored gemstone compares to their unique mix of pink and orange. To be named a Padparadscha, the gem should exhibit both colors.

Now that is what I call an outstanding engagement ring even more beautiful then Queen Max's orange diamond or Sarah's ruby....
I just googled the ring color and I must say I'm not impressed. Colored Stones are not my fav but this one in particular is an eye sore.

Congratulations to Princess Eugenie and Mr Brooksbank

Brooksbank sounds like a traditional upper middle class Western name.

Congratulations to HRH.

Her parents, grandparents, Uncle Charles, etc. must be proud.

That dancing video was so cute. It seemed Eugenie was a bit self-conscious when they started, but that nice man Jackie the B just gathered her into his arms and ....boy oh boy that's what you want in a fiance and hubbington.

Back
Top Bottom