The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Agreed. Thrilled though. The timing will definitely be tricky. I initially thought October but I also wonder if they will push it to November. I guess it will depend on how busy everyone is in October. I would imagine quite.
Typically November is a rather busy month especially the first half with all kinds of events related to Remembrance Sunday (starting late November at times). So, first half of October seems more likely - in that way favorite cousin Harry can also attend (so before Invictus).

Old 01-22-2018, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I'm wondering though is will Sarah insist on bringing butterflies into the scheme of the wedding.
Butterflies?

Old 01-22-2018, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I don't disagree but it happens all the time. I lost count how many times I heard "When are you getting married and having kids" with my circle of friends. And the moment one did then it got worse. So I can see Beatrice feeling some type of way since she will be the only grandchild not married.
Except for Louise and James , ok they still way too young but they are grandchildren too .
Old 01-22-2018, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Sarah had bees on her coat of Arms when she was married. Perhaps that's what Osipi means.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Gosh, referring to today's wonderful announcement as a "PR stunt" is such a harsh thing to say.

I wish the beaming couple a very happy marriage. Good news all around.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Butterflies?
I think Osipi maybe referring to Beatrices infamous hat.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/06...b814877272.jpg
Old 01-22-2018, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Yay- thrilled for another Royal engagement- and that ring- that ring!
Old 01-22-2018, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually I was referring to Sarah seeming to have a lot of butterflies accenting her wardrobe. Perhaps I've just seen Sarah's Aruna Seth's butterfly clutch one too many times.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
Except for Louise and James , ok they still way too young but they are grandchildren too .
Correct. The adult grandchildren.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Happiness and Joy to Jack and Eugenie!!
Old 01-22-2018, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Will any of the Foreign Royals be attending the Wedding?

I was wondering also if Jack has any brothers or sisters?

They are pricing the Ring at £100,000!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...dding-pictures
Old 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Happy for this couple and that ring, absolutely brilliant. Love it. Best I have seen in many years even though I am all for the large clear solitaire setting with only the wedding "jacket" making up more glitter. But this one has to be my favorite over Kate and Sarah's colored ones. Blessings and happiness to them for many years.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If any foreign royals attend this wedding it will be by private invitation because Eugenie and Jack have a relationship with them. This wedding will be even more private than Harry and Meghan's and most definitely not a state or even semi-state wedding.

I'd be very surprised if this wedding was televised even. There just isn't the interest.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 01-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Some of the UK press are having a go about the interview. I don't see the issue overall but I was a bit surprised it happened today. I expected more down the line closer to the wedding. It is clear Andrew and Sarah made some phone calls. I wonder how the rest of the family feels about this little PR stunt the Yorks are doing today.

She beaming in the interview though. Very happy for her. Jack looks so nervous.
What an awful thing to say about this couple that just got engaged! Why say something so ugly about them, Princess Eugenie is HM's granddaughter, Jack is a very hard working young man and this is *NO* pr stunt to get attention. Who needs the attention of the media if royal or not?
Old 01-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I don't understand..."PR stunt"?

Their youngest daughter, a Royal princess who is a granddaughter of the queen, just got engaged...to a hardworking self made young man who just happens to be the great grandson of a peer to boot.

The Yorks have every right to celebrate, imo.

I understand that they Andrew and Fergie have not always exhibited stellar behavior but I think it's wrong that every single move they make is criticized.

Jack may have been described by the likes of the DM as a "self-made barman", but his distant ancestors include an earl and a baronet. He and Eugenie are also related on her mother's side as Sarah and Jack are third cousins (if I'm not mistaken) via their common descent from the 2nd Earl of Leicester. I don't know if it is appropriate to use this term, but I'd consider Jack a member of the 'gentry'. In the continent, since he is a male descendant in male line from a family that holds the equivalent to a hereditary knighthood , he would be considered a member of the nobility.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Will any of the Foreign Royals be attending the Wedding?

I was wondering also if Jack has any brothers or sisters?

They are pricing the Ring at £100,000!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...dding-pictures

In the DM, they said the ring was worth 7,000.
Not that that matters, if Eugenie likes it that is all that is important.

Jack has a brother Thomas who is two years younger.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say, Jack came off really well in that small interview. Slightly nervous, but happy and proud (he's even beaming tbh), articulate and quite down to earth. They seem like a really good match. Was surprised at Eugenie's slightly hoarse voice. First time I hear her speak and I expected it to be higher in pitch.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

When Harry and Meghan announced I thought Jack and Eugenie would soon after ala Zara and Mike. I was actually expecting it closer to the holidays and when it didn't happen, I thought - well maybe not.
Lovely couple, wonder if it's true that Eugenie is to move into Ivy cottage @ KP as was rumored some time ago.
It'll be nice to see her mother's tiara again - quite a lovely one, if Eugenie chooses to wear it, although she would look nice w/ a bandeau style. I don't think a fringe tiara would suit Eugenie's face.

Osipi, I got the butterfly reference w/ Sarah, for awhile she always had butterflies - I remember those shoes/slippers w/ butterflies on them as well as the purse, I assumed it was Sarah's symbol of metamorphosis after her most recent issues.
Speaking of Sarah in looking at her gushing tweats this one caught my eye:'... We love Jack and I am so excited to have a son, a brother and a best friend..." Jack is not her 'brother' and he is not her 'best friend.' I assume she is tweating for the whole family, but really, all involved are adults and quite capable of communicating their own emotions about the news, as far as I know she is no one's spokesperson. But perhaps I am reacting to my own views of dysfunctional families who don't respect boundaries.

Has BP announced the Queen and Prince Phillip's blessings/joy at the news yet?
Old 01-22-2018, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the couple! They both look very happy and Eugenie looks beautiful. She looks a lot like The Queen Mother as a young woman.

Iím not a fan of large engagements rings but, as they go, hers is very nice. The colours are lovely.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Look forward to all the Hello Magazine photos.

Ring?
Sapphire's are also Ruby Red? I'm lost??

My favourite is EMERALD; but that stone seems to have gone out of fashion. The Duchess of Windsor owned a lovely Emerald ring.

I thought when I saw the couple at Pippa's Wedding last May, their Engagement was only a matter of time.
Eugenie looked stunning in her Engagement Photos, and l loved her shoes!

It's a padparadscha sapphire...it's not ruby red.

LaRae