Engagement of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank: January 22, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to say, Jack came off really well in that small interview. Slightly nervous, but happy and proud (he's even beaming tbh), articulate and quite down to earth. They seem like a really good match. Was surprised at Eugenie's slightly hoarse voice. First time I hear her speak and I expected it to be higher in pitch.

I felt the same. He was very nervous but you can tell they love each other very much. They had a sweet moment at the word husband. It reminded me of Harry and Meghan in their interview. She had just got the ring last night. Surreal for them. I liked they designed it together. Very sweet.

Congratulations to the couple! They both look very happy and Eugenie looks beautiful. She looks a lot like The Queen Mother as a young woman.

I’m not a fan of large engagements rings but, as they go, hers is very nice. The colours are lovely.

I think this one is my favorite so far.

LaRae

What an awful thing to say about this couple that just got engaged! Why say something so ugly about them, Princess Eugenie is HM's granddaughter, Jack is a very hard working young man and this is *NO* pr stunt to get attention. Who needs the attention of the media if royal or not? :ohmy:

Well said!

Congratulations to the couple!
The ring looked lovely.

Typically November is a rather busy month especially the first half with all kinds of events related to Remembrance Sunday (starting late November at times). So, first half of October seems more likely - in that way favorite cousin Harry can also attend (so before Invictus).

I was initially thinking October but thought that timing was also tight but maybe not as busy as November. I can't imagine Harry will miss this so they will make sure it doesn't conflict with any of the senior royals.

will Sarah insist on bringing butterflies into the scheme of the wedding.

'Mothers of the Bride' have no place INSISTING on anything regarding their Daughters Wedding.. They 'have had their Day', and this Day belongs to another...

I think this one is my favorite so far.

LaRae

I always love it when an engagement ring or a piece of jewelry is "outside the box". There are so many different and beautiful gems out there that get little to no attention because they're not commonly used.

Diamonds are overrated, everyone has rubies and sapphires and emeralds as they're "precious" gems but Mother Nature has created some very elegant and beautiful stones that are set apart from the everyday and common.

Its a beautiful ring.

I'm sure as pompous as Prince Andrew is, he must have initially insisted on a wedding at Westminster Abbey with foreign heads of state in attendance followed by a huge reception at Buckingham Palace.

The Queen and the household staff probably had to bring him back to reality. :D

Andrew could have insisted until the cows came home but, the reality is, and I think Andrew knows it quite well, that there was no way on this third rock from the sun that Eugenie's wedding would ever be a state wedding with foreign heads of state.

The most likely reason that St. George's Chapel and Windsor were selected is that it would be (as pointed out before) Eugenie's "home" church as its not far from her "home" at Royal Lodge.

Jack may have been described by the likes of the DM as a "self-made barman", but his distant ancestors include an earl and a baronet. He and Eugenie are also related on her mother's side as Sarah and Jack are third cousins (if I'm not mistaken) via their common descent from the 2nd Earl of Leicester. I don't know if it is appropriate to use this term, but I'd consider Jack a member of the 'gentry'. In the continent, since he is a male descendant in male line from a family that holds the equivalent to a hereditary knighthood , he would be considered a member of the nobility.

He is indeed, which must please his future father-in-law enormously. I cannot imagine Andrew being ok with his "blood princess" daughter just marrying any run of the mill bartender.:cool:

Lovely news!
Always thought Beatrice and Eugenie would marry at Windsor, though I did wonder if Eugenie at least might choose the Chapel of All Saints which is right next door to Royal Lodge, but it is pretty small. I guess a very similar wedding to Peter and Autumns in many ways, no tv footage from inside, maybe a few clips and coverage of them leaving church.
Only difference so far with Peter and Autumn is that Eugenie and Jack did TV interview, but then she is a HRH.

Some of the UK press are having a go about the interview. I don't see the issue overall but I was a bit surprised it happened today. I expected more down the line closer to the wedding. It is clear Andrew and Sarah made some phone calls. I wonder how the rest of the family feels about this little PR stunt the Yorks are doing today.

She beaming in the interview though. Very happy for her. Jack looks so nervous.
Virtually all of the newly-engaged royal couples have given interviews on the day their engagements were announced going way back to Anne and Mark (so did Michael and Marie-Christine, Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah, Richard and Birgitte, Zara and Mike, and even IIRC George St. Andrews and Sylvana. Before that, there were "silent" photocalls.) When I first saw the news my next thought was "when's the interview?" This interview was nothing new and any criticism is just another instance of York-bashing IMO.:whistling:

Now that's a lovely and genuine happy couple.
The way he's looking at her ... just wonderful.

Wow, what horrible comments on here about Andrew and Sarah. Has Andrew ever given an interview where anyone on here has heard him "demand" his daughters' husbands be made peers or that they marry in Westminster Abbey or say that a mere bartender would not be good enough for his daughter. All of this bile seems to be coming from second hand reports quoting dubious un-named sources.

For all their perceived faults, Andrew and Sarah seem to have raised two well adjusted daughters who love them both very much, who seem to love and respect their family and who, as far as I am aware, have never said anything to embarrass their family but have put up with being bullied and ridiculed by the media with grace and good nature.

I'm not too surprised by this lovely news as I'd been predicting for a while that they would get engaged. Eugenie and Jack seem to be very happy together - which really shows in their engagement photos - the pair of them are positively glowing! Congratulations to them and interesting to see that they are also going to be getting married at Windsor.

This is going to be a very exciting year for the BRF and us royal watchers! I'm wondering if we should start a separate thread for wedding musings like we have for Harry and Meghan?

I had a feeling that it would happen very soon!

Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS to Eugenie and Jack!

Hooray for them both!:britflag::cheers::hug::rose2::rose2::heartflower::heartflower:???

Jack seemed nervous in the interview but you can see the affection between them. The comments on DM - they are really running with the barman crack about him, although he went to a fine school. Throw in the pictures where he partied back in the day and they are with Eugenie is marrying beneath her theme. Not too many are impressed with the noble blood line. I hope Eugenie prepared Jack for the increase of scrutiny now that they are engaged. DM and other rags are going to be searching for exes and randoms with stories to tell. Remember Madeline of Sweden's first engagement? Some woman went to the tabloids telling them she hooked up with her fiance on her watch (claiming she didn't know at the time). That ended the engagement.

I'm sure as pompous as Prince Andrew is, he must have initially insisted on a wedding at Westminster Abbey with foreign heads of state in attendance followed by a huge reception at Buckingham Palace.

The Queen and the household staff probably had to bring him back to reality. :D

I think he’s just a dad celebrating his daughter’s happiness. Let him have that joy even Sarah. I’m usually not team York but Eugenie and Jack deserve their moment as well as all the parents. Yesterday seeing pics at church, they must have been bursting counting down the hours until the announcement. It’s a joy only a parent can know to see your chid so happy.

I would ad that Eugenie being an Art buff (she worked for the Royal collections), the Picture Gallery at Buck house (and a well known Vermeer) as the backround of the photo is a very nice touch.

So now we need a thread about the dress....I must admit I'm a bit nervous about what she will pick ...when she gets it right it's terrific but there are times it's not so terrific.

LaRae

Threads are a coming.....

:flowers:

Wonderful news! Congratulations to Princess Eugenie, Jack, and their families!

I'm disappointed at the insinuations of PR stunt or Andrew demanding this or Sarah insisting on that…

I understand Andrew and Sarah have issues but can't the York bashing pause briefly to celebrate this happy news?!

Wow, what horrible comments on here about Andrew and Sarah. Has Andrew ever given an interview where anyone on here has heard him "demand" his daughters' husbands be made peers or that they marry in Westminster Abbey or say that a mere bartender would not be good enough for his daughter. All of this bile seems to be coming from second hand reports quoting dubious un-named sources.

For all their perceived faults, Andrew and Sarah seem to have raised two well adjusted daughters who love them both very much, who seem to love and respect their family and who, as far as I am aware, have never said anything to embarrass their family but have put up with being bullied and ridiculed by the media with grace and good nature.

well said. I am also appalled by the bile some posters have spewed out in this thread. No sources quoted just nasty gossip. Sadly says more about them as the source is there for us all to see.

I am very pleased for the couple and their parents are obviously very happy.
They are clearly so happy and excited. Great news!

At least Kate is getting a break because it seems the media has turned to comparing her and Meghan since their weddings will be happening at the same church in the same year. Sheesh. They wasting no time whatsoever. Some of these paper covers. Shame.

I don't think she has to warn Jack about life with a royal. He has been with her for years now. He knows. It will just be upped a bit since it is official but he is not going in with his eyes shut. He knows her and her family and the drama that comes with it all.

I wish them luck and nothing but happiness.

So now we need a thread about the dress....I must admit I'm a bit nervous about what she will pick ...when she gets it right it's terrific but there are times it's not so terrific.

LaRae

This is one of your fields Pranter! Start shopping and I look forward to your ideas.

This is one of your fields Pranter! Start shopping and I look forward to your ideas.

She needs to work with the curves and not try to wear something just because it's 'trendy' ..she gets into trouble there.

LaRae

well said. I am also appalled by the bile some posters have spewed out in this thread. No sources quoted just nasty gossip. Sadly says more about them as the source is there for us all to see.

I am very pleased for the couple and their parents are obviously very happy.

They are clearly so happy and excited. Great news!

Totally agree with you. Eugenie is a lovely young woman who has demonstrated nothing but loyalty and respect for the family into which she was born. BTW, her parents have every reason to be happy for her. Also —- she has every right to marry to Windsor. There is absolutely no proof that Andrew demanded Westminster Abbey. I think all the royals are on the same page more than people give them credit for. Lastly, let’s all remember that Andre is still the child of a reigning monarch!

Some people just disgust me!

LaRae

Her style is definitely unique but I am excited to see her dress and if which tiara she picks. I can see a cape design. I think it would look great on her.

I can't imagine she would wear anything other than her mother's tiara.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom