Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So presumably the British Court doesn't use the title because Edo himself doesn't?

I don't know but if he habitually used it in social or professional settings I think the Yorks would have used it. It's an entirely different context (family unity) but Andrew dropped the HRH again so they could again be referred to as The Duke and Duchess of York and not HRH The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York, that's a bit of a fiddle. Does anyone know if his father uses his title at all? He was also referred to as Mr.

I know they've known each other for years but it does seem pretty quick with a young boy in the mix and a break up not long before they started dating but I hope they are happy together.

Last edited:
fantastic news! delighted for beatrice and looking forward to the next royal wedding! i assume we will see something similar to eugenie's wedding in windsor, or they may wish to do something a bit different given that both eugenie and jack and harry and meghan recently married there - who knows, but can't wait to hear more.

The latest family member to marry at Windsor was Ella Windsor. So, we had 3 royal family weddings within 1 year; adding another within the second year would make it 4!

I had expected Beatrice and Edo to get engaged some time this year, so I'm happy to hear this news! Congratulations to them :flowers: :twohearts:
I rather like her engagement ring and love the photos of the two. Nice to see that Eugenie took some of them.

Congrats to them! :flowers: Eugenie took lovely pictures, but the black and white really are great shots.

Wow, I’m very surprised by this. With Harry and Meghan I was sure they would get engaged as soon as she moved to The UK, Eugenie and Jack were totally expected, but with Beatrice and Edo I thought they would wait until 2020 and a wedding in 2021.
I like Beatrice and I hope this is the real deal for her. And of course, I can't wait to see the dress and tiara.:heartflower:
Also William and Kate as were totally expected, as well as Zara and Mike.
As for Peter and Autumn, I don't know how long had they known each other before getting engaged; probably among all Queen's grandchildren, their relationship was the most private one.

Congratulations to this couple. I hope they will be very happy together.

The BBC Royal correspondent says in this below that the couple 'have been together for about two years', which is a bit of a surprise. Personally I don't think so as the British tabloids would have been onto their dating long before they were, in that case. Plus, what about the breakup with Edo's ex girlfriend and the timing of that? It might well be a bit of gloss over the dating period really being only a year or so.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49839390

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's a mis-statement. They started dating last fall sometime but they have known each other since they were kids from what I understand.

LaRae

Right. Didn't the news of their dating leak out soon after Eugenie's wedding? It was said then that they had been seeing each other for 'a couple of months', which most probably meant August/September as the start of the romance. Odd thing for the Correspondent to say, though.

I'm trying to remember but it seems like somewhere along the way it was said they started dating in October so that would of been close to the time of Eugenie's wedding. It could of well be September ...heck he could of been at the wedding party with Beatrice.

I think the reason they aren't getting many negative comments about a fast engagement is because they have known each other socially/been friends for most of their lives. Plus they are 30's...not kids in college.

LaRae

Louise and James are from the next generation, not this.

Louise and James are grandchildren of the Queen. They are the same generation as Peter, Zara, William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie.

If there had been no announcement in 1999 to not have them styled as male line grandchildren of the monarch they would be TRH Princess Louise and Prince James of Wessex.

Congratulations to Eduardo and Princess Beatrice on their engagement! :yorkrose::yorkrose::yorkrose:

Congrats to the couple!

It's rather quick (although it seems they've known each other for a long time) and with a young boy in the midst of it, I hope all will be well for all involved (including Wolfie's parents being on speaking terms - it has been a bit more quiet over the last several months, so hopefully that means the issues they clearly had are somehow resolved).
Well, this is cause for hope:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...on-welcomes-engagement-Princess-Beatrice.html
Although I do find Daria’s choice of words odd, “I ...look forward to uniting our families” suggests an inability to recognize boundaries. Edo and Beatrice are creating a family & her son will be a part of that family, but her, not so much I would think. But perhaps I’m reading too much into her choice of words.
Being a stepchild myself, I always hope that the adults involved can behave like, well, adults for the best interest of the child/ren.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...on-welcomes-engagement-Princess-Beatrice.html
Although I do find Daria’s choice of words odd, “I ...look forward to uniting our families” suggests an inability to recognize boundaries. Edo and Beatrice are creating a family & her son will be a part of that family, but her, not so much I would think. But perhaps I’m reading too much into her choice of words.
Being a stepchild myself, I always hope that the adults involved can behave like, well, adults for the best interest of the child/ren.

I thought the congratulations was odd too. The blending of families? Her son will be the stepchild of a princess of Britain. That doesn't give her a tie to the royals.

I think that’s what she meant. Her son is getting a stepmom, so her relationship with Ed and Bea will have to be established on a good footing.

I am so very happy that Beatrice has found a man to love her and not her title. To be loved unconditionally is a rare gift and I wish them all the joy they can handle.

Last edited:
Congratulations to them!
Such wonderful news!
Wishing them a long lifetime of happiness!

I feel badly for Dara. If her statement had been a snarly "Good luck to Ed-he will need it"! no one could blame her. But she is now in almost the same position Princess Beatrice was in when HER boyfriend of ten years absconded with a model only months after their breakup.

Only Dara has her little son to consider as well.

And she is quite right...young Christopher Wolf is her family, and he will soon become the stepson of a member of the British Royal family. So...in a manner of speaking two families will combine.

Just because i am thrilled for Beatrice and Edo doesn't mean I don't see what a "prize" his ex is..she is the stunning Harvard educated daughter of a NASA scientist. I don't think she will be single for long!;)

Last edited:
I do have to admit that when I first heard that Beatrice and Edo had known each other for a long time before they even started dating romantically, I had a feeling this was going to be it for them and they'd realize how right for each other they are and take the relationship to a marriage level. They knew they liked each other for years. They've been friends with each other for years. There was a seed planted a long time ago just waiting for the right time to sprout. Being friends first before becoming romantically involved is a huge asset to a relationship in my book. There's something there to build on rather than just the flush of discovering they're in love and everything is new and wonderful. Stability comes from friendship.

In this day and age of baby mamas and baby daddies, its in the best interest of the child if all of the adults can act like adults and get along with each other. Wolfie has a mom that loves him and a dad that loves him and now a new stepmom-to-be that will love him. I seriously don't believe they'd be taking this step into marriage unless they felt that Wolfie would be comfortable with it. When this kind of situation arises with children from a past relationship, the most important thing is that the child feels love and acceptance without animosity between the parents. Actually, this is just my opinion but situations like this one really help to assure that the marriage they're getting into is being done for the right reasons of love, honor and respect between both parties and not marrying because "they had to" or "for the sake of the child".

:previous: Perfectly stated, I agree 100 per cent. I also had a hunch that this was The One as soon as I learned they had known one another for years.;)

Just saw where James Middleton signed onto the congratulations...he follows Edo on Instagram.

James seems a lovely, gentle guy. I hope he is a guest at the "Beado" wedding, and that he will be making his own announcement soon.?

Well this is a pleasant surprise.

I have always had an affinity for the York Princesses, I thought they they got a bad rap for who their parents are/were.

Beatrice looks ecstatic and Edo looks happy. They both seem over the moon.

Great pictures by Eugenie. I love how Sarah and Andrew say they have been blessed (paraphrasing here) to have two great son in laws. Very lucky indeed!

Maybe on his dad's weekend we might see Wolfie at the Trooping now!

Sarah and Andrew made a spectacular botch out of their marriage and their respective reputations. But when it comes to Royal parenting I think they deserve some type of MVP award. Neither daughter has ever caused them a day of scandal or shame. They revere their parents and one another. They remain unswerving in their loyalty to their family.

Each young woman has chosen men who not only are decent, but who would make even the most status conscious parents proud.

The Duke and Duchess of York are quite right to be bursting with pride as Sarah pointed out but also relief.:cool:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Princess Beatrice, Edoardo, and their families!

A royal wedding! Yay!

I don't follow the British royals so I didn't find anything odd about Dara's congratulations. It's not like Beatrice and Edoardo only have a relationship with the son, excluding his mother. They all have to interact/get along for the child.

Last edited:
Edo is an accomplished man and he is dashing and attractive. Edo and Bea deserves each other.

I feel badly for Dara. If her statement had been a snarly "Good luck to Ed-he will need it"! no one could blame her. But she is now in almost the same position Princess Beatrice was in when HER boyfriend of ten years absconded with a model only months after their breakup.

Only Dara has her little son to consider as well.

And she is quite right...young Christopher Wolf is her family, and he will soon become the stepson of a member of the British Royal family. So...in a manner of speaking two families will combine.

Just because i am thrilled for Beatrice and Edo doesn't mean I don't see what a "prize" his ex is..she is the stunning Harvard educated daughter of a NASA scientist. I don't think she will be single for long!;)
Well, there are some differences, Beatrice & Dave’s relationship was 10 years, so very long term, whereas Dara and Edo had their son very early in their relationship & at most they were together 3 years, perhaps less. Plus, we still don’t know when they stopped being a couple, I’ve read that they’d not been a couple for 6 months before Edo and Beatrice started dating. I agree that Dara appears to be an accomplished & very attractive woman.
Can anyone enlighten me as to the origin of Edo’s son’s last name? His mother’s last name is Huang, his father’s is Mozzi, yet the child’s name is Christopher Woolf. Where does the Woolf come from?

I don't see how Dara's father plays a roll in her desirability. People aren't screening egg donors. Her own beauty and education yes, her dad working for NASA won't win dates.

Dave didn't abscond with a model anymore then Edo. They were broken up. Free to start a new relationship. Makes it sound like the guys ran away middle of night with a woman.

I am thrilled for the couple and their families. :flowers:

Stunning photos. I love the black and white photos.

Like it or not, she will have to be involved in their family as she's Wolfie's mother. I think she was talking about the term "blended families" which is fairly common. It doesn't mean a desire to cash in on their family or connection. She's trying to be pleasant and an adult about the situation, which is for the best obviously.

I do think it seems like he jumped from on to the other double quick, even if there was no over lap and his ex was obviously taken aback at first, but since it's not my relationship I can't really say anything. But it has made me side eye the dating for only a year. Yes I know they've known each other a while. I hope they aren't rushing into this because Bea is feeling pressure to be married and they've really thought long term, for everyone's sake. They do look really happy.

Considering Louise and James being of the next generation, I meant age-wise. Louise, Edward and Sophie's eldest, is from 2003; Eugenie, Sarah and Andrew's youngest, from 1990. More than 10 years difference.

As the Queen's grandchildren they are not of course and of the same generation as all the others.

Considering Louise and James being of the next generation, I meant age-wise. Louise, Edward and Sophie's eldest, is from 2003; Eugenie, Sarah and Andrew's youngest, from 1990. More than 10 years difference.

As the Queen's grandchildren they are not of course and of the same generation as all the others.

That’s like saying Charles and Edward are from a different generation as the age gap between those two is more than that between Eugenie and Louise.

Congrats to Bea and Edo. Certainly wasn’t expecting that so soon but I guess when you know you know.

Like it or not, she will have to be involved in their family as she's Wolfie's mother. I think she was talking about the term "blended families" which is fairly common. It doesn't mean a desire to cash in on their family or connection. She's trying to be pleasant and an adult about the situation, which is for the best obviously.

I do think it seems like he jumped from on to the other double quick, even if there was no over lap and his ex was obviously taken aback at first, but since it's not my relationship I can't really say anything. But it has made me side eye the dating for only a year. Yes I know they've known each other a while. I hope they aren't rushing into this because Bea is feeling pressure to be married and they've really thought long term, for everyone's sake. They do look really happy.

Edo and his family have been friends of the York family for a number of years. Edo attended Eugenies wedding , if he had still been with his ex would she not have been invited as his + 1. I think it is telling that she was not at the wedding.

Back
Top Bottom