Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For accuracy, Sarah, Duchess of York is not The Duchess of York.

What wonderful, happy news to start off today with! They look so happy together.

Reading the official engagement announcement, I had to smile as the statement from Andrew and Sarah stated that they wish them a very happy family life. It seems like they're including Wolfie in the statement. ?

I love having yet another royal wedding to look forward to in 2020. Now we can start the musings threads about it. Right?

@Madame Verseau: Nobody is going to force us to read the tabloids and any kind of gossip or insinuations or anything that they can dream up. Beatrice and Edo probably won't pay them any attention and neither will I. This couple will have the wedding they want regardless of anything else floating around. ;)

Princess Eugenie seems to be a skilled photographer as well as a loving sister; both the pictures and her message of congraulations are very sweet.

While it is early to speculate, it would be lovely if Edoardo's son could play a part in the wedding, much like Marius Borg Høiby in 2001. I wonder if the royal marriage will have any effect on his living arrangements, depending on the couple's eventual family home. Based on the reported comments from the family, it seems he initially lived primarily with his father in a small apartment after his parents' separation, but the arrangements were revised so that he lived primarily with his mother after she relocated into a new home.

I hope the public and the press will refrain from attempting to tie the couple, their wedding and their marriage to the ongoing questions and revelations about the bride's father. His daughters and sons-in-law bear no responsibility of any kind for his actions.

Although it was inevitable for Epstein to be mentioned you managed to be the first to bring it up...

Please, just give it a rest for a bit. I’m tired of Epstein being thrown into every thread. Just be happy for Beatrice-the wedding is months from now.

I hope Edo is good to her, she seems like a lovely young woman. I wish them a long, happy life together.

Just ignore her. Stirring the pot is what apparently floats her boat.

On topic: Congratulations on Beatrice and Eduardo. Now both York girls are off the market and this generation is married. To adapt a statement from Prof.Mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven of The Netherlands: the York family are sold out.

Congratulations to Beatrice and Edo. I wonder if they will do a short engagement interview like Eugenie and Jack did with The One Show.

Not surprised! I did think we'd not hear this till November but neat...so more details likely to be out by end of year.

Beatrice looks very happy!

LaRae

Why last?
What about Louise and James?

They won't have 'royal' weddings. Their parents did not want them to be HRH.

LaRae

Congratulation to the couple!

Isn't Edoardo an Italian count, I was wondering why the announcement says Mr Edoardo instead of count Edoardo!

From what I read a few months ago, the title is not recognized anywhere outside whatever part of Italy it's from. I don't think even his father uses the title.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Louise and James are from the next generation, not this.
As grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, Louise and James belong to the same generation as Princess Beatrice.

Why last?
What about Louise and James?

I think what the poster probably meant was "the last" of the Queen/Prince Philip's adult grandchildren. Louise and James are also their grandchildren, but they are still very young, and sometimes we almost think of them as great grandchildren generation.

From what I read a few months ago, the title is not recognized anywhere outside whatever part of Italy it's from. I don't think even his father uses the title.

LaRae

This website states "Although he enjoys the title of "Count" he is a British subject and technically cannot use a foreign title in this country. Foreign styles and titles were confined to those who received a Royal Warrant from King George V in 1932."

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2018/11/count-edouard-mapelli-mozzi-princess.html

Ah ok thanks Gawin! So basically it's just part of the family history unless one of them decides to go live in a country that recognizes the title or allows them to use it.

LaRae

What happy news to start the morning!! So glad to have a Royal Wedding to look forward to amidst all the gloom and strife in the world!:??

I think Edo's statement to Beatrice about having a permanent home in his heart forever is the most romantic thing ever......

:britflag::yorkrose::twohearts:

This website states "Although he enjoys the title of "Count" he is a British subject and technically cannot use a foreign title in this country. Foreign styles and titles were confined to those who received a Royal Warrant from King George V in 1932."

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2018/11/count-edouard-mapelli-mozzi-princess.html

My understanding is that the above concerns legal use only, and that in Britain for unofficial purposes, anyone may call themselves by any title they wish, provided that it is not done to perpetuate a fraud. I believe members of the former royal family of Greece who are British subjects have called themselves by royal titles while in Britain.

Regarding "enjoying the title", since it appears to originate from the Italian side of the family, it legally does not exist given the abolition of Italian titles in 1948, as earlier stated. Any hypothetical use of the title would, necessarily, be unofficial.

Congratulations! I’m thrilled for Bea & Edo! And Wolfie! Hope they have many happy years together! Bring on the dress and tiara speculation!

Congratulations!

I believe members of the former royal family of Greece who are British subjects have called themselves by royal titles while in Britain.

That King Constantine and his family use their titles officially in the UK is probably due to them having Danish diplomatic passports.

Last edited:
As grandchildren of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, Louise and James belong to the same generation as Princess Beatrice.

Exactly:next generation are Savannah, Isla, George, Mia, Charlotte, Louis, Lena and Archie.

As for the "Royal Weddings" I think they will be similar as Peter Philipps' wedding - in St. George's Chapel (AFAIK, they live nearby) and maybe streamed through Youtube Channel - after all, they will (for 99%) be nephews of the reigning King (Charles III).

Congratulations once more to Beatrice and Edoardo!

I hope they will do a televised interview like Eugenie/Jack and Meghan/Harry.?

What wonderful, happy news! I think the engagement photos are so beautiful!

Congratulations to Beatrice and Eduardo.

FINALLY a member of the BRF marries an Aristocrat - the first since Diana Spencer, I think.

Very happy for Beatrice. Surprised there has been no interview yet? Opinion reserved on Edo, I've only heard his story from others.

Congratulations!

I think we need a wedding tiara guessing thread, it's fun doesn't? :D

Congrats to Bea.

I will be honest that Edo doesn't give me the best vibes, but nonethless, well wishes.

Eugenie took lovely pics of them.

Is he really considered an Aristo?

LaRae

I am also confused as to why its a good thing worth commenting on that he is some sort of aristo? Surely we've moved past the times where that actually means or counts for anything special...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they both will be very happy. It's always fun to have a royal wedding to look forward to, so let the wedding dress/attendants/tiara speculation begin!

We know Edo is Italian and English but for the Danish readers of this forum, his father's maternal grandmother, Betty (Jeppesen) Stoppani, was born in Thisted, Denmark on 28 August 1896.

Here's a link to her baptismal record:
Thisted parish, Hundborg, Thisted - Churchbooks

Congratulations, Beatrice and Edoardo!

Another royal wedding to look forward to.

And both sisters will have mothers-in-law named Nicola!
Like both Princesses of Sweden have mothers-in-law named Eva.

Unknown what faith Edo is if he adheres to any.

LaRae

Those black/white photos of Edo/Bea are stunning and romantic...right up there with the black and white engagement photos of Harry and Meghan!

Wow.?

ETA: The groom does indeed have an aristocratic background, but more important he seems besotted with Beatrice and he is extremely successful(financially). He can "buy" her financial independence from Charles and later William if need be. He is also very easy on the eyes.

I have always viewed Beatrice and her sister as Royal underdogs and this news gives me a great deal of satisfaction for Team York.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom