Engagement of Princess Beatrice of York and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: September 26, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
be42451d63f789e639588acdc4f48d4a-full.png

Coat of Arms of H.R.H. Princess Beatrice of York

The Duke of York has announced the engagement between
HRH Princess Beatrice of York and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

"The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Princess Beatrice to Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.

Her Royal Highness and Mr Mapelli Mozzi became engaged while away for the weekend in Italy earlier this month.

The wedding will take place in 2020."

September 26, 2019

Last edited:
Wonderful news! I’ve never seen Beatrice look more beautiful nor happier! ❤️❤️❤️

Congratulations to them !!!! Another royal wedding for 2020 !!

I am not certain how to weigh this in. Although Bea and Edo look very happy the Epstein scandal will hang over this wedding like a cloud especially with the father and mother of the bride tied to it. The gossip press will bring it up constantly and the Southern District of New York will not back off or change the timetable of its case because Bea is getting married. The optics would have to be careful and a splashy Windsor wedding with the carriage may not go down well. Best of luck to the couple.

Woooow! I completely didn't expect that!

Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS!:britflag::italyflag::cheers::rose2::rose2::heartflower::twohearts:??

Congratulations to Princess Beatrice and Edo. I wish you all the best.

Conratulations to the happy Couple, I wish them EVERY happiness..

Love the pics and it must be so special for Beatrice that Eugenie took them.

Congratulations to Beatrice and Edoardo! ?

:in_love: at the engagement pictures being taken by Eugenie!

Last edited:
Oh how lovely. Congratulations to the happy couple! :heart1:

Can't wait for another Royal Wedding! ?

What wonderful, happy news to start off today with! They look so happy together.

Reading the official engagement announcement, I had to smile as the statement from Andrew and Sarah stated that they wish them a very happy family life. It seems like they're including Wolfie in the statement. ?

I love having yet another royal wedding to look forward to in 2020. Now we can start the musings threads about it. Right?

@Madame Verseau: Nobody is going to force us to read the tabloids and any kind of gossip or insinuations or anything that they can dream up. Beatrice and Edo probably won't pay them any attention and neither will I. This couple will have the wedding they want regardless of anything else floating around. ;)

Princess Eugenie seems to be a skilled photographer as well as a loving sister; both the pictures and her message of congraulations are very sweet.

While it is early to speculate, it would be lovely if Edoardo's son could play a part in the wedding, much like Marius Borg Høiby in 2001. I wonder if the royal marriage will have any effect on his living arrangements, depending on the couple's eventual family home. Based on the reported comments from the family, it seems he initially lived primarily with his father in a small apartment after his parents' separation, but the arrangements were revised so that he lived primarily with his mother after she relocated into a new home.

I am not certain how to weigh this in. Although Bea and Edo look very happy the Epstein scandal will hang over this wedding like a cloud especially with the father and mother of the bride tied to it. The gossip press will bring it up constantly and the Southern District of New York will not back off or change the timetable of its case because Bea is getting married. The optics would have to be careful and a splashy Windsor wedding with the carriage may not go down well. Best of luck to the couple.

I hope the public and the press will refrain from attempting to tie the couple, their wedding and their marriage to the ongoing questions and revelations about the bride's father. His daughters and sons-in-law bear no responsibility of any kind for his actions.

So sweet news at this day.

Congratulations to Beatrice and Edoardo! I hope they will enjoy their time together!

Good news!
Nice to have another royal wedding- probably the last until the next generation grows up.

I wish them every happiness.

Congratulations to Beatrice and Eduardo.

:flowers:

Beautiful couple! Congratulations to Beatrice and Edo!

Beatrice deserves to celebrate her nuptials however she wants and not fair linking her to her fathers scandal. She hasn’t done anything wrong

Please, just give it a rest for a bit. I’m tired of Epstein being thrown into every thread. Just be happy for Beatrice-the wedding is months from now.

I hope Edo is good to her, she seems like a lovely young woman. I wish them a long, happy life together.

Last edited:
Why last?
What about Louise and James?

Congratulation to the couple!

Isn't Edoardo an Italian count, I was wondering why the announcement says Mr Edoardo instead of count Edoardo!

Congrats!! Bea deserve happiness!
I wonder if the reason they used Mr instead of Count it's because in Italy titles are worthless today or other reasons

The full formal announcement:

Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice of York and Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are engaged to be married | The Royal Family

HRH PRINCESS BEATRICE OF YORK AND MR. EDOARDO MAPELLI MOZZI ARE ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED | The Duke of York

Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice of York and Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are engaged to be married

Published 26 September 2019

The Duke and Duchess of York are delighted to announce the engagement of Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice of York to Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.

Her Royal Highness and Mr. Mapelli Mozzi became engaged while away for the weekend in Italy earlier this month.

The wedding will take place in 2020. Further details will be announced in due course.

Princess Beatrice and Mr. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi said, “We are extremely happy to be able to share the news of our recent engagement. We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together and can’t wait to be married. We share so many similar interests and values and we know this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness.”

The Duke and Duchess of York said, “We are thrilled that Beatrice and Edoardo have got engaged, having watched their relationship develop with pride. We are the lucky parents of a wonderful daughter who has found her love and companion in a completely devoted friend and loyal young man. We send them every good wish for a wonderful family future.”

Mrs. Nikki Williams-Ellis and Mr. Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi said, “We are truly delighted about Edoardo and Beatrice’s engagement. Our family has known Beatrice for most of her life. Edo and Beatrice are made for each other, and their happiness and love for each other is there for all to see. They share an incredibly strong and united bond, their marriage will only strengthen what is already a wonderful relationship.”

Notes to editors

Three photographs of HRH Princess Beatrice and Mr. Mapelli Mozzi are available for use via the Press Association. Copyright for the photographs is vested in HRH Princess Eugenie.

The personal statement from the couple is lovely and their happiness shines through.

As with the announcement of Princess Eugenie's engagement, the princess's parents are styled "The Duke and Duchess of York". Contrary to what has been widely reported, the father of Edoardo is apparently not using a title of pretense at this time, as he is listed as Mr. Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi. Unlike last year's announcement, the wedding location is not included.

Granted that Edo Mapelli Mozzi is British, has affirmed that he is solely a British citizen, and appears closer to his (British) maternal family, I nevertheless wonder if the choice of Italy for the engagement suggests he retains some ties to the country of his paternal family.

Congratulation to the couple!

Isn't Edoardo an Italian count, I was wondering why the announcement says Mr Edoardo instead of count Edoardo!

Congrats!! Bea deserve happiness!
I wonder if the reason they used Mr instead of Count it's because in Italy titles are worthless today or other reasons

Italian titles of nobility were abolished with the enactment of the constitution of 1948. Although some members of former noble lineages continue to use their families' former titles as pretended titles, Edo has never done so.

Recognition of Italian Nobiliary Titles - Regalis

Last edited:
Interesting, wonder if for privet family events in UK and even maybe in the continent (ex the wedding of the prince Napoleon ) they will refer to them with the Italian title or not cause I quite like the sound of HRH Countess Beatrice Mapelli-Mozzi!

Congratulations to Beatrice and Edoardo.
I was expecting this announcement sooner than later.
Can’t wait for another royal wedding!!
And in my opinion, it’s going to take people’s mind off the Epstein controversy for a while.
Who doesn’t love a royal wedding?

By the way, isn’t her ring so similar to the Queens?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom